Guild Commander Tag in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: truewingnut.2517

truewingnut.2517

I was running with a guild group last night, and I was able to tag the guild leader (Ctrl-T) and see him “sometimes”. He would keep telling us to stack on him, but it was difficult to stack on him because I’m so used to seeing the Blue Tag above his head when he commands. May I suggest that ANET make it where certain Level individuals in the guild can have a “Guild Leader” tag that shows up but maybe in a different color that only guildies can see. I know that our guild leader is wanting to do guild raids/groups more often in WvW, but if it’s hard to see where he is on the map, it will make it more difficult. Especially if your Guild Leader has a touch of ADHD.

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

We’ve been asking for this pretty much since Day One.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Posted by: fekosa.5094

fekosa.5094

I’m sure I saw something about different colour commander tags in a data mining thingy. Ah, here it is – in the ‘New Stuff’ section:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/1wzzl6/data_mining_upcoming_features_and_chat_codes_from/

Don’t know if that will be guild related or anything like that though.

in WvW

Posted by: truewingnut.2517

truewingnut.2517

Yeah, I know about the different colors of commander tags, but that tag is for the whole map to see, not just guildies. I know about the join squad feature, but our guild leader wants to run as a guild w/ a few other peeps from other guilds mixed in and doesn’t want the map zerg rushing to his tag.

in WvW

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

Yeah, I know about the different colors of commander tags, but that tag is for the whole map to see, not just guildies. I know about the join squad feature, but our guild leader wants to run as a guild w/ a few other peeps from other guilds mixed in and doesn’t want the map zerg rushing to his tag.

Like it was posted earlier… we’ve been asking for this since day one.

I just don’t get it. Gw2 commander and squad system is the worst multiple grouping system I’ve used in MMO’s for 7 years. Anet has acknowledged it lacks functionality and they have received feedback from countless players….. annnnd NOTHING.

There is another MMO coming out this April and guess what…. it has a flexible multiple group system people can use for private (guild) or public use.

Appalling it has gone unchanged this long…..

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Listen, I am not sure if I will get infracted for this or not, but Anet devotes a small percentage of their resources to fixing small stuff like this (I know, I know, it is not a small thing to us the players, but it is small to them, the developers). Since there is no subscription to the game, they make their money on gem purchases and new players. Fixing the grouping/tagging system is small potatoes. The majority of development resources is spent on new content to attract new players, and as with this new release, give the current players something new and/or exciting right when a new MMO is releasing.

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

Listen, I am not sure if I will get infracted for this or not, but Anet devotes a small percentage of their resources to fixing small stuff like this (I know, I know, it is not a small thing to us the players, but it is small to them, the developers). Since there is no subscription to the game, they make their money on gem purchases and new players. Fixing the grouping/tagging system is small potatoes. The majority of development resources is spent on new content to attract new players, and as with this new release, give the current players something new and/or exciting right when a new MMO is releasing.

That’s it exactly… there is no financial benefit in focusing resources on a functional Commander and Squad system. You know it, I know it and Anet knows it. I’m sure it’s on their “to do” list if they have time or desire to get around to it.

Most of us are not even asking for a complete revamp of the system with a fancy UI interface. We’re just asking that you can flag the commander pin public/private and still retain all the functions currently in the game. At least guild members could create a private squad and those people invited to the squad can see the private pin instead of having an extra 30 people flock to a “guild” run.

If they want to do a complete revamp sometime in the future that’s great. For now how about making some FUNCTIONAL changes for guilds instead of a one trick zerg magnet we’ve used since launch.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

… and we keep asking for this…

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

Since Beta…..

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: oblivious.8074

oblivious.8074

Since Beta…..

yep I remember it being asked for in Beta.

good luck I have given up.

Main: Combustible Lemon – Asura Engineer
on Piken Square and Gandara.

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

Since Beta…..

yep I remember it being asked for in Beta.

good luck I have given up.

It’s easy to get discouraged. The perceived apathy from Anet just fuels player frustration. They acknowledged the C&S system is devoid of functionality, they did a collaborative thread to get player feedback and suggestions but it still does not seem to be a priority.

It’s been 18 months, a year and a half of players asking for a functional grouping system that meets the needs of all players and guilds. Instead we have one way in-game to group over 5 people….. zerging. Anything else requires 3rd party voice and marking drivers while multiple groups get scattered everywhere.

It should be easy to form private or guild only forces, not frustrating.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Contiguous.1345

Contiguous.1345

Of all the weird and self-destructive things that Anet have done (or not done) to WvW over the past year, this is the weirdest and most self-destructive.

In fact, it’s probably the only thing that has universal, unequivocal agreement from all involved parties (except Anet).

Does anybody think this is something that does NOT deserve the highest possible priority? Come on – don’t be shy.

in WvW

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Having a commander tag with a guild-only option would cause us to buy one in a snap.

Wonder how many other small(er) guild leaders out there have not bothered to get one yet because the option is missing?

If they thought about it, ANet could create a guild-only commander tag, Gem store purchase = 50g.. A large guild could have one central commander and field other guild commanders.

Yes, the right answer is to add the option which a lot of us have been asking for since beta.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

[quote=3708430;goldenwing.8473:]

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Like people have stated, we’ve been asking since release (actually beta) for this. I’m thinking (or hoping) with the release of S2 you will see both Account bound Wxp ranks and Comm Tag changes. At least this is what I’m hoping for in the very least, not sure how much longer I can hold out in a game put excessive time and effort into things no one asked for and minimal time and effort into things we have been asking for. We will see what happens the grass just might be greener somewhere else.

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

Of all the weird and self-destructive things that Anet have done (or not done) to WvW over the past year, this is the weirdest and most self-destructive.

In fact, it’s probably the only thing that has universal, unequivocal agreement from all involved parties (except Anet).

Does anybody think this is something that does NOT deserve the highest possible priority? Come on – don’t be shy.

You sir are seriously right. One of the most important parts of a social MMO and playing with friends is organizing the way you enjoy. I guess Anet thinks that the average person only has 4 friends to group with or is in a guild that only wants to zerg.

Anyone in between is out of luck…

This definitely should be THE HIGHEST priority on the list of WvW changes to get done.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

We’ve been asking for this pretty much since Day One.

Before day one….

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: BulletNG.7069

BulletNG.7069

I’d still like to see the ability for us to have larger parties/groups. Instead of a five player cap. Many times have we wanted to group everyone together and easily communicate between everyone, see their resources and location on the map. Having a ‘raid’ like party would benefit a lot of guilds/teams in my opinion. Squad is something they need to work on and improve.

Dawn of Dementia [DUI] – Yak’s Bend
Formerly: Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] – Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Oh Ahmrill, still fighting the good fight. :P
I’ve given up. It’s not even just because it’s been requested so much, for so long, nope! The last straw was the insulting CDI threads which were only meant to pacify and give false hope.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

Or they could at least make squads usable…. instead of hiding all the other commander tags and just showing the squad leaders tag. If the commander has a squad…hide his tag from everyone except his squad…

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

in WvW

Ahmrill.7512

I’ve given up. It’s not even just because it’s been requested so much, for so long, nope! The last straw was the insulting CDI threads which were only meant to pacify and give false hope.

Pretty much resigned that changes players would like to see aren’t going to happen. That time has passed and many WvW focused players have left and moved on.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Pretty much resigned that changes players would like to see aren’t going to happen. That time has passed and many WvW focused players have left and moved on.

I blame the state of this game entirely on Scarlet and the ever-wonderous Living Story.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]