Guild Hall, Guild Claiming and WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Algerius.5238

Algerius.5238

Why did you steal the capacity of guilds to claim objectives, and why did you steal the capacity to buff them and you didn’t give anything to the wvw guilds to make up for that?

Why do we have to go to PVE to get upgrades for WvW? why do i need to farm kitten from PVE to upgrade the mine to be able to upgrade in WvW, the amount of ley line “forks” and ley line sparks is an utter joke for a medium size WvW guild, you are punishing us for sticking in the game mode we like the most.

I don’t really find fair to ask my members, who joined the guild because we wanted our time to raid in WvW together, to farm like crazy on PVE so we can pull the upgrades instead of playing the gamemode they like the most and be rewarded.

Is WvW only guild dead together with WvW?

I thought Gw2 selling point is that whatever you do, play what you want and enjoy the game. Guess what, this is no more. If you want to upgrade your guild towards the game mode you want you now have to be the perfect PVE kitten and farm the boring kitten events for hours to get the mastery level to get the materials to pull the WvW ugprades.

Literally killing the gamemode by forcing the WvW guilds out of the gamemode to get their stuff for WvW, maps are empty, no response from the devs, anything. Aurora Glade was flooding the maps 2 weeks ago, now we hardly have one map queued on primetime. PVE lures people outside from WvW, but what you’ve done is just destroying the WvW population from the inside.

Also preventing the small scale guilds/roamers to be relevant because their guild size doesn’t let them upgrade the guild halls, and the WvW upgrades consecuently, THEY ARE NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE, and it’s entirelly your fault.

Shame on you.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Because WvW is PvP for PvE players and sPvP is for PvP players.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Because WvW is PvP for PvE players and sPvP is for PvP players.

One of my guildmates is/was top ranked PvP player NA (Tibs).

He still plays WvW, so I disagree with your assessment.

If you want more than 5v5 or 10v10 it’s now OS or Arenas (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Arena_Restoration_2) if it’s all one guild (GvG) or WvW for multiple guilds.

If you want to incorporate siege and fog of war(because PvP shows all players on the map) , it’s WvW.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in WvW

Posted by: Nedus.6952

Nedus.6952

+ 1 Swag (Algerius)

This is a very common, very reasonable complain i’m hearing here and there.
You also mentioned how this damages small guilds/lone wolves and i’d like to underline that a bit.

A guild needs a lot of gold/time/resource to actually make useful upgrades for WvW (and they are forced to PvE as well). This is a BS expensive way (there’s no other way of saying it).
But for those who play out of guilds is even worse.

I’ll never be able to grant +5 to a structure/my server, no matter how much time/gold/PvE i can invest in it. I just can’t, simply because i am not in a guild.

Wth does that mean? Why if i play WvW i can’t do my part of the job even for claiming? Anet, don’t treat us lone wolves like we are not WvW players.

Some of us, even if out of guilds, do a lot to “earn theyr keep”…pun intended.

Shame on you

Passero ~ Jade Sea
Former member of WSR and AG.

in WvW

Posted by: Algerius.5238

Algerius.5238

Figures after paying the sabotage depo upgrade you have to craft it every time to have it xDDDDD. Where i am supposed to get the gold from?? As a WvW player.

They are literally killing WvW from the inside

in WvW

Posted by: Grendels Mother.5713

Grendels Mother.5713

I have had enough of Anet’s ill conceived, lack lustre and unrewarding reworking of WvW. They are intent on destroying the game mode or turning it into something I no longer want to play. To which end enough is enough. If or when I next log back in it may be my last. If I could get a refund for HoT I would pursue it.

(edited by Grendels Mother.5713)

in WvW

Posted by: Sviel.7493

Sviel.7493

What do you all think about making flax obtainable in WvW? The same would go for other materials needed to craft WvW objects.

It seems that guild halls are based on PvE and then have a few WvW specific or PvP specific mats for the rooms that pertain to those game modes. This is problematic because guild halls were made absolutely critical to the success of a WvW guild. This means that a WvW guild must have a farm of PvE players to supply it or it runs dry. That’s a hard sell when recruiting members…why wouldn’t they just go to a guild that caters to their interests instead?

I don’t know the intent here. It may have been that they hoped guilds would diversify, but in order to truly encourage that they’d need a way for WvW players to benefit PvE players as well. The relationship is currently one-sided. It may have been that it isn’t working as expected or just wasn’t thought through. What I do know is that guild halls are here to stay—complaining is useless, but we may be able to inspire tweaks.

Perhaps taking objectives could yield materials? Supply camps could have supply type things (flax, etc) while towers and keeps could have other materials (ley-line sparks?) as rare drops. It would be faster in PvE, but possible in WvW. The latter seems dicey as the sparks are locked behind a mastery in PvE, but the flax at least should be fine.

Finally, while the gold flow in WvW has majorly improved (it’s no longer negative!), it’s not so high that anyone can sustain what they’re asking for. Even with the brutal nerf to dungeon rewards, WvW is still way behind other game types. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix that other than a flat buff to rewards? We don’t want to encourage k-training, after all.

in WvW

Posted by: Halcyon.5340

Halcyon.5340

The sad truth is – Guild Halls aren’t meant for a guild with less than 4 players. In other words, a guild with less than 4 players shouldn’t be able to claim an objective in WvW – to which I’m okay with. I’m tired of seeing a claimed tower/keep with NO BUFFs whatsoever.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

It’s funny that my guild is less active after the expac. As a WvW focused guild, there’s just less for us to do. Sad.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

How about making a reward system for defense. Based off a % of DMG you do to enemy’s. I say based off of DMG % and not kills because some times… HELL most the time when you are defending you cant kill any one. Because of the out numbered amount of people/enemy’s all targeting you. In short that means it is a death wish to peak your head out to shoot at one person when you got many gunning for you. And how Anet broke the arrow-carts didn’t help at all. So there you have it…. A reward system based off of dmg % not kills when defending a location your server owns.

in WvW

Posted by: Halcyon.5340

Halcyon.5340

How about making a reward system for defense. Based off a % of DMG you do to enemy’s. I say based off of DMG % and not kills because some times… HELL most the time when you are defending you cant kill any one. Because of the out numbered amount of people/enemy’s all targeting you. In short that means it is a death wish to peak your head out to shoot at one person when you got many gunning for you. And how Anet broke the arrow-carts didn’t help at all. So there you have it…. A reward system based off of dmg % not kills when defending a location your server owns.

Having a WvW Map Rewards Track akin to what’s added to all the PvE maps would be a start (i.e. completing events in WvW will gradually give you better rewards).

in WvW

Posted by: Nedus.6952

Nedus.6952

The sad truth is – Guild Halls aren’t meant for a guild with less than 4 players. In other words, a guild with less than 4 players shouldn’t be able to claim an objective in WvW – to which I’m okay with. I’m tired of seeing a claimed tower/keep with NO BUFFs whatsoever.

You are assuming that each big guild grants buffs and that small guilds are not reliable for claiming buffs. That is just wrong. Before HoT i had 2 guilds purely for +5. 2 guilds with only me in them. As a single player, for +5 claim i was more reliable than entire guilds.

So don’t say stuff like “well who cares about small guilds, they can’t grant buffs anyway”. The problem of claiming with no buff is a whole different topic than this (btw this problem could be easily resolved by anet with a suggestion i made ages ago in a video, but that’s another story).
Point is, don’t “discard” small guilds/lone wolves.

Passero ~ Jade Sea
Former member of WSR and AG.