Guild WXP Gain v Guild WvW Reward Track Boost

in WvW

Posted by: Convallaria.8469

Convallaria.8469

Since I am not sure if this is a bug due to incorrect description being given for the Reward Track Boost, I didn’t put this in the bugs section.

Currently, both the Guild WXP Gain and the Guild WvW Reward Track Boost have the exact same description. Do they do the exact same thing? If so, I have a bone to pick with Anet, because we were told the Reward Track Boost would actually help out with the reward track, and I could have saved the gold I spent on items required for the Reward Track boost.

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Probably just a typo on the Reward Track bonus tool-tip. Did you try using it to see if you receive more Reward Track points?

in WvW

Posted by: Helle.8754

Helle.8754

I have been wondering the same as Convallaria.8469. So if anyone have an answer out there, it would be appreciated.

//Helle//

www.vanquishing.enjin.com

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Seems like an obvious clerical error.

On this topic, I’m frustrated that the guild boosts are so fragmented and require babysitting. Yea it lasts 24 hours, but the fact that these things were passive before and now you have to load into the guild hall if you’re doing something else is annoying. It’s caused me to pick something like Magic Find or gathering (does that even work for synthesizer?) as a generic boost and for someone that swaps characters daily it’s a bit annoying to keep track of. Normally it’s an inconvenience but when maps get queued, I’m just completely stuck and can’t go into the hall when I realize I neglected to refresh/update the boon.

I honestly think these things should be added on top of each other. I guess if I have to pick, I’ll go for the reward track.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: McKenna Berdrow

McKenna Berdrow

Game Designer

It is a text bug. The WvW Reward Track boost increases reward track gain and not WvW Experience. We caught the bug last minute and weren’t able to change the text in time for the release.