Guild halls

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

They should only be able to be made out of the corpses of our fallen enemies force the peasants to fight for our amusement. Link them indisputably with WvW achievements and foreever bring back the games true endgame once and for all.

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.6803

Missy.6803

Not sure why in WvW section . . .

Unless you want guild halls limited by WvW points and have queues out your ends with people grinding for that, not paying attention to commanders and kill WvW all together. Be a way in WvW to get it for WvW guilds, sure, but my thought is it’s going to be linked to that G button, influence/whatever they do with that/another upgrade like Missions is/was.

~ Scorned Siren ~Tarnished Coast ~
Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] Co-Leader/WvW Commander
espguild.com

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

They should only be able to be made out of the corpses of our fallen enemies force the peasants to fight for our amusement. Link them indisputably with WvW achievements and foreever bring back the games true endgame once and for all.

And that would be?

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: DeeSystm.1256

DeeSystm.1256

And that would be?

Literally stacking the body count highest, preferably into the shape of a hall.

“I came to play.” me
r4420k+ blazetrain

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Rimmy.9217

Rimmy.9217

And that would be?

Or a ball, and then roll it around as a mobile command center.

Trollnado Ele – Ehmry Bay

Guild halls

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

And that would be?

he’s right you know

Guild halls

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

Not sure why in WvW section . . .

Unless you want guild halls limited by WvW points and have queues out your ends with people grinding for that, not paying attention to commanders and kill WvW all together. Be a way in WvW to get it for WvW guilds, sure, but my thought is it’s going to be linked to that G button, influence/whatever they do with that/another upgrade like Missions is/was.

yah if your guild isnt following the commander your not capping points or getting kills so your guild isnt getting a hall and also Q’s dont happen until your severely outnumbering your opponents. who would also be trying to earn a guild hall thus would also be logging into WvW in attempts to take your keep.

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

Jokes aside, I really think that GW2 should favor guilds that play different types of content. So I would like to have the guild hall obtainable by completing PvE guild events in the jungle, by claiming objectives in WvW (or maybe just by paying a lot of badges of honor) and by winning matches in GvG Stronghold (or conquest, I’d really like to have the GvG system in conquest too).

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

WvWers could aim to have a guild hall made of skulls…

Castle Greyskull!

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Mishi.7058

Mishi.7058

Castle Greyskull!

I support this idea!

Commander Silvannas
“Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack.” Sun Tzu

Guild halls

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

At the very least WvW should be required to build it if not that alone the guild hall should require a weekly amount of WvW sPvP and pve content done by your guild to keep its doors open

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

I just hope the requirements for it are not insane

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

25 million skulls is completely reasonable, if everone in the guild work towards it you’ll have a guild hall in 50 years! No time at all!!!

Guild halls

in WvW

X T D.6458

25 million skulls is completely reasonable, if everone in the guild work towards it you’ll have a guild hall in 50 years! No time at all!!!

still better then giant slayer, 80 years at least to finish that one

Guild halls

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

Castle Greyskull!

Oh come on – Castle Greyskull only had the one big skull.

The Sorceress was kind of cute though, even though she looked like she’d worked up a sweat and then had a pillow explode over her.

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

At the very least WvW should be required to build it if not that alone the guild hall should require a weekly amount of WvW sPvP and pve content done by your guild to keep its doors open

How about no? Why force people to suck up GW2’s boring PvE so they can keep a guild hall? Plus I have no doubt that PvE players will moan endlessly if they have to get stomped in WvWvW for a guild hall.

Whispers with meat.

Guild halls

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

How about no? Why force people to suck up GW2’s boring PvE so they can keep a guild hall? Plus I have no doubt that PvE players will moan endlessly if they have to get stomped in WvWvW for a guild hall.

you realize guild halls will likely be constructed out of reputation and merits right? why dont you look at all the places you can currently get merits and ask yourself if your going to have to pve one way or another? i personally would prefer them be thru pvp or wvw only so you have to atleast compete against other guilds for them

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Much of this thread is… random.

But pretty fun.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Guild halls

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

But pretty fun.

BY THE POWER OF GAILE GRAYSKULL!

Guild halls

in WvW

Rangerdeity.5847

welcome to WvW gaile we absolutely love chaos. take note of that please

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

I want that one.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

But pretty fun.

BY THE POWER OF GAILE GRAYSKULL!

I just had to

Attachments:

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

Okie, I can’t resist this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8ZcmMK64Ok

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Guild halls

in WvW

X T D.6458

I want….errr.. no I NEED a guild hall that looks like a giant quaggan, it will make me very happy then its gonna be party time

Attachments:

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Nightshade.2570

Nightshade.2570

As a Necro, I must confess that I have been secretly serving Palawa Joko out in the Crystal Desert and that your stealing my idea to build the largest castle from the bones of our enemies!

All Hail Palawa,

All Hail the JOKO

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Anaktas.7390

Anaktas.7390

Jokes aside, I really think that GW2 should favor guilds that play different types of content. So I would like to have the guild hall obtainable by completing PvE guild events in the jungle, by claiming objectives in WvW (or maybe just by paying a lot of badges of honor) and by winning matches in GvG Stronghold (or conquest, I’d really like to have the GvG system in conquest too).

this is golden, WvW guild would love to have Guild Halls without having to deal with all the new PvE.. I hope we can do something like that. And maybe different decoration

Commander of Seafarer’s Rest.
Eternal Illumination[EB] Guild Leader.

Guild halls

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

Really don’t know what to expect from a Guild Hall in this game, I automatically think back to GW1 and my small friend guild and our Wizards Isle, and just not really seeing that in this current format.

Anyways, Small/medium/large Guild halls for different sized guilds with different prices would be great. And I’m going to go by GW1’s example of adding upgrade vendors etc to the Guild Hall, so we have a useful meeting spot for the members would be a great thing. Loved my bank access in GW1 guild hall.

I’m hoping we get some different styles and looks, since this sounds like it will be centered around the Maguuma jungle area, and I’m not really that fond of the jungle look in this game. (a Small guild hall like a Norn Home/hunters Lodge would be really nice).

Mostly I’m wondering what would a Guild Hall specifically do in regards to WvW ? would it have any features or functions specifically aimed at WvW population ? Since it isn’t likely to be usable as the old GW1 gvg map ?

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Fudge.9527

Fudge.9527

Please just let us be able to duel inside them. Or give us the option to flag ourselves for pvp. It’s ridiculous that I can’t fight a guildee using my PvE / WvW equipment in this game.

Just make it an upgrade for PvP guilds to purchase, PvE guilds can just not buy it and wouldn’t have to worry about duel-trolling or ‘toxic atmosphere’ or whatever.

Guild halls

in WvW

Rimmy.9217

I’m honestly not looking forward to guild halls being implemented into the game. I’ll wait and see, but I’m worried that they will instance people away from where the social interactions usually take place (i.e. the cities). Yes, I remember them in GW1 and yes, I liked them just fine then.

I hope that whatever impact they have in GW2, it’s not a negative one.

Guild halls

in WvW

joneirikb.7506

I’m honestly not looking forward to guild halls being implemented into the game. I’ll wait and see, but I’m worried that they will instance people away from where the social interactions usually take place (i.e. the cities). Yes, I remember them in GW1 and yes, I liked them just fine then.

I hope that whatever impact they have in GW2, it’s not a negative one.

I’m really torn on this. On one hand we’ve already lost a large part of the social aspect (from a WvW perspective) by MegaServer, so we no longer have the server based cities. On the other hand I don’t really use the cities anyways, so really don’t know.

Toying with the idea of making a single server guild, to have a guild hall, so we can have our own "mini city". But yeah probably not going to work out well. Though I think we could fit most of our server on a medium guild hall :p

(edited by joneirikb.7506)

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Missy.6803

Missy.6803

I’m in big favor of the Quaggan and Palawa Joko guild hall decor…might even get excited about a GH then.

~ Scorned Siren ~Tarnished Coast ~
Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP] Co-Leader/WvW Commander
espguild.com

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: uberkingkong.8041

uberkingkong.8041

Could make Guild Halls in WvW, be pretty fun. More incentive to defend.

Oh what about having supplies randomly distributed in WvW and you have to go out and get them for construction on your Guild Hall?

kinda thinking Age of Empires, where you gotta collect stuff to build stuff.

Be cool if they implemented construction of keeps/ guild halls/ etc in WvW.

Have a living world like they claim.

I know EQNext is promoting this, where players create the world around them and its not just same stuff in same place all game long.

Guild halls

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

By the way it has now been confirmed that guild halls will be located in the open world, or at least their entrances will be.

Doesn’t sound like it would be plausible to set them in the WvW maps, since you won’t be in the same location every week

One – Piken Square