Guilds Demanding Us To Change Servers! =/

in WvW

Posted by: Max Lexandre.6279

Max Lexandre.6279

Hi.

People since the Launch and Free Servers transfers say that some servers are getting Killed in WvW due Massive Guilds that did gone to Other Servers because ours, was weak and always loosing.

Now, thing as gone worse, the 3 biggest WvW guilds just transfered and left Gunnar’s Hold, and our Guilds just start to say us: Prepare yourselfs because we are all going to leave this server!

I’m Wondering, is ArenaNet going to do something for try to balance the WvW for servers who lost Alot of WvW Guilds and are lacking organization, Commanders, etc…?

The notice is starting to have impact in all our server and people talk about this, thousands of (wvw) players that was the total size of their guilds was gone, and people start to give up going to WvW, or at least, of wining. Max we can do it’s raid supply camps and have some towers, because unless we find another server in our situation, we will always loose.

Soo now, Guilds Demand us to change servers if we want to keep on them, and It looks the only solution for a server that is dead in World Versus World.

Sorry my English.
Max

I’m The Best in Everything.
Asura thing.

(edited by Max Lexandre.6279)

in WvW

Posted by: GregT.4702

GregT.4702

Max – WvW matchups are based on a ranking system. If you stick around on your current server you may have a couple of bad weeks as you sink down through the ranks, but eventually you’ll bottom out fighting servers as terrible as your own and you’ll start to have semi-competitive matches.

To put it in perspective, as of 2 November, Gunnar’s Hold is ranked 16th out of 27 servers. There are 11 servers who are objectively worse than you, who lose more often, et cetera. You can look forward to having some really slapstick fights against the dregs of the league in a couple of weeks as you meet Underworld, Fissure of Woe, or Ruins of Surmia. And based on your current performance you’re likely to dominate those match-ups.

You can see the WvW rankings here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Updated-World-Ratings-Nov-2/first#post690321

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

Max – WvW matchups are based on a ranking system. If you stick around on your current server you may have a couple of bad weeks as you sink down through the ranks, but eventually you’ll bottom out fighting servers as terrible as your own and you’ll start to have semi-competitive matches.

To put it in perspective, as of 2 November, Gunnar’s Hold is ranked 16th out of 27 servers. There are 11 servers who are objectively worse than you, who lose more often, et cetera. You can look forward to having some really slapstick fights against the dregs of the league in a couple of weeks as you meet Underworld, Fissure of Woe, or Ruins of Surmia. And based on your current performance you’re likely to dominate those match-ups.

You can see the WvW rankings here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Updated-World-Ratings-Nov-2/first#post690321

I know that also, but what happened of the 3 biggest WvW Guilds that represents thousands of WvW Players…. It’s causing an huge negative impact in our server, and guilds thinking in leave, really all the big guildd are thinking in that, and if that happens, without commanders and organizations, what will save WvW in our server?

Asura thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruggy.7819

Ruggy.7819

Trouble is, Anet decided to show us server rankings.. which are for the sole purpose of matching up servers of similar ability over a period of time.

People decided to use this list as a way of saying “look we are the best!” and a very competitive element is added to a game style that doesn’t really ask for it, now I don’t entirely think this is a bad thing.. it builds community and gives competitive focused players something to fight for..

but! it gets taken too far.. entire guilds leaving servers on a weekly basis.. people yelling inside eternal battlegrounds for people to leave so there guild members can join and much much more are becoming the norm.

in WvW

Posted by: GregT.4702

GregT.4702

The whole point of WvW as opposed to sPVP is that it tests leadership, organisation and communication in addition to your mechanical skill at playing the game. If you can’t:
-[a] convince talented players to stay on your server ;
-[b] organise a guild of sufficient size to enable you to meaningfully assault WvW objectives; and
- © create an atmosphere of friendly competition and high morale among your server population,
then you are failing at exactly the skills that WvW is intended to test.

This is the game. These are the skills. Saying your server sucks because all the good players are leaving is like complaining you can’t kill mobs because you don’t have any equipment and you don’t know what your skills do. Go out and GET some good players. Make friends with them. Form a guild and offer them some leadership, or join a guild that already is. In WvW showing up is literally more than half the battle and it’s intended that that half be as much a test of skill as the rest.

And as for:

What will save WvW in our server?

The answer is: mostly time. Lose a couple of weeks, like I said, and you’ll be up against servers just as hopelessly unsociable as your own, and you can ravage their poorly defended keeps like a hungry dog finding a garbage bin full of meat.

(edited by GregT.4702)

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

Trouble is, Anet decided to show us server rankings.. which are for the sole purpose of matching up servers of similar ability over a period of time.

People decided to use this list as a way of saying “look we are the best!” and a very competitive element is added to a game style that doesn’t really ask for it, now I don’t entirely think this is a bad thing.. it builds community and gives competitive focused players something to fight for..

but! it gets taken too far.. entire guilds leaving servers on a weekly basis.. people yelling inside eternal battlegrounds for people to leave so there guild members can join and much much more are becoming the norm.

I Belive something as to change for WvW can be balanced, really balanced, because Guilds represent much power in WvW, since they are self-organized, have commander’s and everything, they can make diference, KISS did, but they left, and that is an huge hit in the core of WvW in our server. Yes, it’s only one guild, but one huge guild that did changed the rankings several times.

Asura thing.

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

The whole point of WvW as opposed to sPVP is that it tests leadership, organisation and communication in addition to your mechanical skill at playing the game. If you can’t:
-[b] organise a guild of sufficient size to enable you to meaningfully assault WvW objectives; and
- © create an atmosphere of friendly competition and high morale among your server population,

This is the game. These are the skills. Saying your server sucks because all the good players are leaving is like complaining you can’t kill mobs because you don’t have any equipment and you don’t know what your skills do. Go out and GET some good players. Make friends with them. Form a guild and offer them some leadership, or join a guild that already is. In WvW showing up is literally more than half the battle and it’s intended that that half be as much a test of skill as the rest.

And as for:

The answer is: mostly time. Lose a couple of weeks, like I said, and you’ll be up against servers just as hopelessly unsociable as your own, and you can ravage their poorly defended keeps like a hungry dog finding a garbage bin full of meat.

I know what you mean. But let’s say this way:
-Most big guilds doesn’t want to take the effort, it’s easier transfer for an more WvW Hardcore server, and it will be much easier for them. Since all our major guilds are now with their doubts about staying in this server, and Guilds are really powerfull in WvW, I don’t really know if this server can do that.

People just mad because things like: – We are getting attacked in our keep, people ask for help, nobody comes, people come even to Lions Arch asking for help in WvW and players look like “defeated” already and wont come. =/

Asura thing.

in WvW

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

On average there’s 40,000 accounts per server. The wvw maps hold supposedly 666 players (if each map holds 500 capacity for all 3 servers). So there’s most all of a server that’s not on the wvw maps at any given time.

Since it’s such a small % of a server that does wvw, one or two guilds leaving (or immigrating) can really change how many go out for wvw. On the other hand, the rest of the server will find it hard to notice.

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I wonder if it’s possible to fall down the server rankings so much that you end up competing against servers who are just full of bots farming in PvE/totally apathetic to WvW that you basically steamroll the non-existent opposition every single time…

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

On average there’s 40,000 accounts per server. The wvw maps hold supposedly 666 players (if each map holds 500 capacity for all 3 servers). So there’s most all of a server that’s not on the wvw maps at any given time.

Since it’s such a small % of a server that does wvw, one or two guilds leaving (or immigrating) can really change how many go out for wvw. On the other hand, the rest of the server will find it hard to notice.

I wonder if it’s possible to fall down the server rankings so much that you end up competing against servers who are just full of bots farming in PvE/totally apathetic to WvW that you basically steamroll the non-existent opposition every single time…

The guilds that left us was powerfull, highly organized and usualy get WvW maps to cap when they did events in WW. They can be 1, 2, 3 guilds only, but they make the diference in our server World PVP. Or they once did…

Asura thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Nismu.4019

Nismu.4019

well shorter waiting times to www for those who didn’t leave.

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

well shorter waiting times to www for those who didn’t leave.

Sometimes I enter in WvW, it’s kinda empty, it’s like thousands of invaders but our server is in vacation, not much we can still do in WvW, raid some supply camps, troll a bit, now the real stuff that demands organization, commanders… NAH….

Asura thing.

in WvW

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I would give it until after the holidays or the first real expansion. Those are both going to see a large influx of new players. A huge portion of which are just going to roll on whatever server isn’t full. By then free transfers will also most definitely have stopped casual server hopping so the lower pop servers will have a chance to grow and build their community.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

in WvW

Posted by: YSBT.7843

YSBT.7843

You’ll have to give it some time before you get a proper match-up due to how the system calculates ranks.

For some context, my guild is in HoD, and has been since headstart- before the Titan Alliance moved in and turned it into a zergfest. It sucked because WvW was impossible to reach due to constant several-hour queues. We’ve been slowly creeping downward in the ranks for weeks now. It may be several more weeks before we end up with a fair match. So far every single match post-TA has been a HUGE OVERPOWERING ZERG, a slightly-better-than-us server, and us.

Until they finally lock down server transfers to a paid state, this will keep happening to other servers and the cycle will just keep repeating.

Co-Leader of the Charter Vanguard Guild on Henge of Denravi.
Recruitment Status: Closed.

in WvW

Posted by: beren.6048

beren.6048

….
I know that also, but what happened of the 3 biggest WvW Guilds that represents thousands of WvW Players…. It’s causing an huge negative impact in our server, and guilds thinking in leave, really all the big guildd are thinking in that, and if that happens, without commanders and organizations, what will save WvW in our server?

Like this server transfer will be ruined for all of us (meaning it will become a paid service earlier), that 1st of all.

And 2nd I never understood, but it seems to be human nature. In most MMOs you will end up with 1 or 2 massive guilds because people always want to be part of the “winners” (even though they didn’t make the guild a winner). And what you end up with is lots of boredom because there is no one to fight back.

Think with the balancing the GW2 design is superior to the traditional design and eventually you ll fight servers more your strength.

in WvW

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

And as for:

This is one of the worst things I have ever read on this forum.

How are smaller guilds supposed to stop the bigger guilds from going ‘Yep I want to easy mode through WvWvW’ and joining one of the handful of servers where all the other WvWvW focused guilds are going? That is one of the most elitist things I have read.

I understand why they kept free transfers open while people find one they are happy with and the population constantly changing as people leave the game after the first month. But attitudes like this are just causing everybody to flock to the top servers. Eventually its just going to be the same few servers constantly fighting each other while all other servers WvWvW zones are empty except for a few people trying to finish map exploration.

in WvW

Max Lexandre.6279

And as for:

This is one of the worst things I have ever read on this forum.

How are smaller guilds supposed to stop the bigger guilds from going ‘Yep I want to easy mode through WvWvW’ and joining one of the handful of servers where all the other WvWvW focused guilds are going? That is one of the most elitist things I have read.

I understand why they kept free transfers open while people find one they are happy with and the population constantly changing as people leave the game after the first month. But attitudes like this are just causing everybody to flock to the top servers. Eventually its just going to be the same few servers constantly fighting each other while all other servers WvWvW zones are empty except for a few people trying to finish map exploration.

Indeed. Size matters alot in WvW, even with strategy… And then with the night hours when our server get’s plenty empty, with an server that as Americans or French, they will have an total festival at night.

Asura thing.

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

Transfer Wars 2. Nothing more.

in WvW

Posted by: Bobbi.6801

Bobbi.6801

I’m Wondering, is ArenaNet going to do something for try to balance the WvW for servers who lost Alot of WvW Guilds and are lacking organization, Commanders, etc…?

No their not.
Get Europeans or Americans or transfer to the winning server.
It’s how Anet is designing WvW. Everybody knows it.

AMD FX-8350 @5Ghz |Radeon HD 7970GHZedition|16gb 1600mhz DDR3 ram|OCZ agility 3 120gb|Gigabyte UD3

in WvW

Posted by: Tammuz.7361

Tammuz.7361

in defense of larger transfering guilds you have to look at it from their perspective:

1) no one wants to go out during primetime, spend hours fighting for wvw objectives, win them, defend them, pour money into upgrading them, only to loose those objectives 20 min after they log off to night capping because your server dosent have a night crew.

2) its a common myth among the uninformed that a server has to have queues 24/7 right now to be in the upper tiers of the rankings: case in point without mentioning any names there is a teir 1 server that has the outmanned buff on 2/3 of its borderlands for most of NA prime time the past 2 weekends. And no queue on any borderland map.

3) it IS a fact that only a few of the servers (those in teir 1 and some in 2) have sizeable night crews (oceanic and EU) who can either hold what youve take , or in the cases of servers like blackgate, SBI, and sea of sorrows somewhat embarrassingly (to NA guys like me) hope that WE can hold what THEY took (since the night crew is better than the NA primetime crews on these servers) (flipping is OK if everyone is getting their holdings flipped evenly, nothing stays upgraded for anyone in this case).

basicly the neverending transfer battle boils down to ANets response to the “night capping” issue, reading between the lines their post basically says you need a night crew to do well in wvw or for anything you DO in wvw to have a lasting effect or meaning. These guilds have simply realised that and repositioned themselves for sucess.

[VoTF] www.votf-online.net

in WvW

Posted by: Phoenix.3416

Phoenix.3416

I find this kind of thread amusing, On underworld we had an alliance of around 14 large guilds all going towards max players. After we dropped in ranks 12 of those guilds moved servers to Gandara and other higher rank worlds

It left my guild and another to reform the entire alliance network on a server which had just lost half of its WvW population in a single week.

Now 2 weeks later we have moved 3 ranks higher and next week will be 1 tier below Gandara the server, which was 3 tiers higher when we started.

If you all have to jump ship move to a server like ours, we have the organisation and now we are fighting to get the entire server involved.

Cowards will always jump ship when they start to lose, your server is still higher ranked than mine, at worst you will end up in the same tier as us