Guilds in WvW whonever put on a commander tag

in WvW

Posted by: ian.5841

ian.5841

I know a lot of guilds like to run without a tag so they can gvg and have fun as a guild in general, i get that, and have no problem with it.
But when its a major guild are you’re the primary zerg in that borderland, would it kill you to stop being such excluding kittens? Throwing on a commander tag gets you all the “pubbies,” yes, but the pug people might just play this game casually and can still be very skilled at wvw. So for the good of your server, just throw a kitten tag on man!
(This forum seems to change every explicit word to kitten…)

in WvW

Posted by: Tibstrike.2974

Tibstrike.2974

Frankly, if you want to run with the guild, talk to them. Join TS with them. Mark their leader with a target reticle and just follow him. It’s not that hard.

If they say no, then go to a different map.

Or just keep following them. They can’t stop you. And when they all die and you are still alive, say something snarky in chat and do it over again.

in WvW

Posted by: Ruru.1302

Ruru.1302

I know a lot of guilds like to run without a tag so they can gvg and have fun as a guild in general, i get that, and have no problem with it.
But when its a major guild are you’re the primary zerg in that borderland, would it kill you to stop being such excluding kittens? Throwing on a commander tag gets you all the “pubbies,” yes, but the pug people might just play this game casually and can still be very skilled at wvw. So for the good of your server, just throw a kitten tag on man!

why dont u tag up instead

mag
[Mada] Apocryfia

in WvW

Posted by: ITheNormalPerson.9275

ITheNormalPerson.9275

Generally guild groups running without a tag are doing so because they’re running an organized group against possibly other organized groups, and a few pugs will just give the enemies a bunch of free rallies (even if they are skilled the chances are they won’t be in teamspeak, parties, etc. with the guild group and might not get the boons they need, will be delayed on when to leap/dps, etc.)

For the sake of your server, don’t follow tagless zergs unless they want you to. if this is a common problem just buy your own tag and run a pug zerg at the same time (generally CD has a few guild groups and a pug group whenever we organize (friday night mostly))

Druid main, 80 on all, Legendary ranked, Eternal and all that jazz (I go by Feyris in game)

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

why dont u tag up instead

Agreed. Just throw a kitten tag on man!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: FirstInfantry.2795

FirstInfantry.2795

I see your point, the other side to it is that commander tag’s mean the guild driver is now accountable to the non guildies. For instance, as a guild group on the map, the driver or the guild may have a personal interest in simply fighting the enemy map blob, and seeing how far their organization can take them. Once that driver tags up, non guildies, people not in voice chat may insist that their interests be taken into account as well such as actually defending the structure or karma training doors.

For me personally, I did not use a tag due to fps/lag. I currently use a laptop and love to be the only ones in a map mainly cause it helps reduce my fps. Blob vs blob fights usually mean lagfest for me which I like to avoid by running a smaller group of people rather than a large 50man group because of the use of a commander tag.This is not the best of examples, but in my opinion there is good reason not to use a commander tag.

That being said I would love to see a guild commander tag exclusive to just the guild members to see:O

in WvW

Posted by: ian.5841

ian.5841

I see all of your points, but whenever I hop on and join a borderland and look for a commander or somewhere to go and there isn’t one (on more than one borderland), its discouraging to a lot of people. So, I think people tend to leave wvw and do something else when that happens because they assume they’re isn’t much action or don’t know where to go. On Mag we have great commanders who lead pugs and people will hop on mumble to follow them, and it is organized. But when they’re isnt a commander like that, many large guilds will just do there own thing, which often times doesn’t really help the server win. Like I said, I get why guilds turn off commander tags to do there own thing, but when numbers can be a difference maker in a battle (which on mag it can definitely be because we’re one of the lower populated higher tier servers, I believe that’s still the case), a tag can be helpful. And most people aren’t rally bait if they know what they’re doing.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

Yes, that’s exactly what happens when there’s no commander tag on a map and none of those people who go do something else ever step up to buy and run a tag themselves.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

in WvW

Posted by: XacTactX.6709

XacTactX.6709

People playing in t2 are actually there because they prefer that playstyle. Fighting on their own against other organized guilds doesn’t have the same goal as tagging up and getting a pug zerg which only stays to capture stuff and ktrain. If you’re in t2 you should embrace that or try to change it yourself, telling fights guilds to “take one for the team” isn’t gonna work. The type of guilds you’re describing are often found in t1, they’re less common in t2.

Anet likely didn’t want to remove the armor stats entirely because…well,
we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

(edited by XacTactX.6709)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I see all of your points, but whenever I hop on and join a borderland and look for a commander or somewhere to go and there isn’t one (on more than one borderland), its discouraging to a lot of people. So, I think people tend to leave wvw and do something else when that happens because they assume they’re isn’t much action or don’t know where to go. On Mag we have great commanders who lead pugs and people will hop on mumble to follow them, and it is organized. But when they’re isnt a commander like that, many large guilds will just do there own thing, which often times doesn’t really help the server win. Like I said, I get why guilds turn off commander tags to do there own thing, but when numbers can be a difference maker in a battle (which on mag it can definitely be because we’re one of the lower populated higher tier servers, I believe that’s still the case), a tag can be helpful. And most people aren’t rally bait if they know what they’re doing.

Most people on Maguuma only care about their guild groups getting fights… They don’t care if the server is winning or losing as long they are getting what they want. They only go for ppt when they need to secure their position on T2.

And since it’s about guild groups looking for fights, everyone on the above posts already explained why they don’t run a tag. Carrying a possible rallybait can be the difference between winning or losing a fight. Sound a bit elitist yeh, but that’s the way things are…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

When the action on a BL is light there is no need for a tag. You see something that needs to be done and you do it. I stick to our home BL and represent our little guild of 2 people, the wife and myself. If there is a push on a keep or tower and they call for people I will go, tag or no tag. If there is a camp to flip I will flip it. If there is a tower to capture I will set up a cata myself and start hammering away, eventually people will come over or I map call for help when the wall is down.

Too many people are sheep and need the tag to be effective. I do not have a tag, neither does the wife but there are many times we will have half a dozen people following us because we do what needs to be done. If there is a ktrain running we normally avoid it and go capture camps or other objectives, set up siege, refresh when needed, repair as required. Do not put yourself in the position where you need to be told what to do, find things that need to be done and do it.

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

When the action on a BL is light there is no need for a tag. You see something that needs to be done and you do it. I stick to our home BL and represent our little guild of 2 people, the wife and myself. If there is a push on a keep or tower and they call for people I will go, tag or no tag. If there is a camp to flip I will flip it. If there is a tower to capture I will set up a cata myself and start hammering away, eventually people will come over or I map call for help when the wall is down.

Too many people are sheep and need the tag to be effective. I do not have a tag, neither does the wife but there are many times we will have half a dozen people following us because we do what needs to be done. If there is a ktrain running we normally avoid it and go capture camps or other objectives, set up siege, refresh when needed, repair as required. Do not put yourself in the position where you need to be told what to do, find things that need to be done and do it.

This guy is made out of win and decision making.

in WvW

Posted by: Haro.6758

Haro.6758

lol

This guy is what we would call a Militia member as opposed to a pug. Your amount of militia members and their level of activity/ability to work with wvw guilds determines what tier you are actually in.

One fun thing (most of the time) that is fun while being a pin for a wvw guild on JQ, is we literally just act like tells from active militia members are guild missions for wvw :p

in WvW

Posted by: Delta.2093

Delta.2093

lol

This guy is what we would call a Militia member as opposed to a pug. Your amount of militia members and their level of activity/ability to work with wvw guilds determines what tier you are actually in.

Agreed on all this. Every player can and should contribute, far more than just following a pin/tag, and being “lost” when there’s none. A single player can kill a dolyak, a sentry, take a camp – but all those are easier and more fun in a group of 2-5. Five man group is very easy to form; just ask in map chat, and sooner or later more players will join you – or just let other know where you are headed, someone will most likely come to help (even without joining your party). “Our group of 2, 3 and so on” heading to take north camp, NE tower, please bring more supply, we will place rams/cata, and so on.
The more such “groups” or individuals you have on all maps, the more alive your server it is – and even “non-PPT” servers (like T2 for example) need some PPT – but this is more than just that, it’s meaningful contribution. You can choose to prefer fights too: take a camp/tower important for your enemy, and sooner or later, they will try to take it back. Bunkering in with siege weapons, or just fighting openly them, it’s all up to you then.
If a large group comes, and you can’t win… that’s the same whether you are following a commander or not.

But if you wish for large groups fights, then start your own WvW guild or join one of them. Become a commander. Don’t expect others to provide you with everything ready. Try all these and you will understand how frustrating it is, when you try your best, and always there are those “backseat commanders” who know better, those who always have to say something negative. Since that’s the easiest way out: I will just find a “good commander”, and will tag along… WvW is just a mindless zerg & karma training anyway, and those lousy (lol) WvW guilds should provide all these at no charge, to everyone – they are after all, paid to just serve us, right? So we can just sit back and watch and criticize… or troll map chat with how bored we are.

Tl;dr – Step up and contribute, following a commander is just one of many ways to play, not the only one or the best – and if it is… become one, form a group or join one.

Delta | Spell (M) | Bold (W) | Conde (N) | Sky (El) | Flames (G) | Heart (T)
[FUG/SG/TDT] on the Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Buy a tag and see how much you like working with fairweather rally bait who aren’t even in voice comms.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: dancingmonkey.4902

dancingmonkey.4902

Yeah, well if you reimburse me for the $60 I spent on the game, pay me $37 dollars an hour for every hour I spent in game leveling all my professions, and then send me 100g to cover the cost of what I spent on a tag, I will gladly pin up just for you. Until then, will play the way i want, with the friends I want. You should be ashamed of yourself for even beginning to think you have the right to complain about what I or anyone else does when we are playing in WvW. I don’t GvG, because it takes away from the experience of players in WvW and is a waste of space, but me and my guild often run pinless to take the keeps and camps we want, when we want.

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

A few days ago I was in EB. We had no commander. No guild groups on the map. 30 people on ts only to listen to the musicbot, no communication. We still managed to hold all our corner as well as wipe our opponents who both had organized blobs running. Capped SMC. Capped towers on the other sides of the map. It was hilarious.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is that real WvW players don’t need a commander to tell them what to do.

in WvW

Posted by: DisplayError.4527

DisplayError.4527

Following a tag is definitely not necessary. You can easily coordinate attacks/defenses through /t or /m chat with anyone else on the map. If you were truly serious about helping out your server, you wouldn’t rely completely on “following the zerg”, as then you would leave keeps and towers defenseless and without lookouts.

in WvW

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

True WvWers would work around the guild group and still do WvW. If the guild group is tying the enemy blob up, go flip stuff while they’re occupied etc.

It just sounds to me like you’re a mindless sheep looking for a dorito to follow.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

in WvW

XacTactX.6709

People from t2 making it sound like not having a commander on the map is a positive.

we’ve all seen what happens in games where there’s no disadvantage to taking your pants off.

in WvW

Posted by: Mizu.9387

Mizu.9387

Not everyone wants to zerg WvW like EOTM. When I roam I don’t tag up because I want to duel and just have fun. Same goes for a 5 man party, up to guild raid. If I want to spam 1 and karma train, I tag up.

Sif Urkraft

in WvW

Posted by: adozu.6398

adozu.6398

My guild has a set time for raids, usually when we are starting one of the questions is: do we tag up or not?

the answer might be yes, because we are too few comapred to enemies on the map, yes becuase that’s what the server needs atm or possibly no, because we just feel like dirty jokes on guild ts. (just to make some examples)

that guild group whitout a tag knows that people might leave the border if nobody tags up, but it’s entirely up to them deciding wheter they feel like open or closed raid, unless you’re on a very low tier server there is likely a tag on at least a border, go find that commander instaed.

in WvW

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

What, really?! I did not puppy know that! Two years on these forums and I’ve never noticed that, honest! :P

But yeah, guild run alone because they want to run as a guild. They dont want to get a zerg of pugs who wont listen to them, and are only there to leech.

In fact some guilds hate pugs who join them. Because the pugs follow but wont obey the guild leader, the pugs are the ones who usually get themselves killed first, ressing all the downed enemies they’ve just downed. So you can imagine the frustration this can cause, the guild gets wiped, noone gets loot all because the pugs want to leech from the guild run.

Guild used to, but when pugs refused to listen to them, they asked themselves what’s the point if they wont listen. So blame the pugs not the guild commanders.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

(edited by Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054)

in WvW

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

All it takes is one pug not listening to screw up everything you are trying to accomplish. For example, 10 other guildies and myself were going to take hills, before we even threw down catas we told everyone not to build since we would be running supply for more. Sure enough some pugs start using them right away and give away our position before we were ready.

You want to get invited along then go show you can be useful. Flip camps, upgrade structures, scout the enemy position. I can’t log into WvW without being invited to a party anymore. I know others who keep there status as offline so that they can roam solo when they want.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in WvW

Posted by: Victory.2879

Victory.2879

I’m mostly in favour of tagless guild runs. My only small gripe would be if a 20 man guild raid asks for scouts when they could easily cover this themselves, but feel they are too important to do so.

Some guilds don’t mind certain followers whom they know know what they are doing and won’t be a rallybot (like a well played ele, for instance), but upscaled people following along can be quite annoying when facing another organised guild group.

I have more of an issue with upscaled taking spaces on the main maps when they can level faster with better rewards in EoTM!

Personally I don’t use TS but it’s not hard to follow a decent group and contribute to fields, etc without having instructions etc if you pay attention and know what you are doing. Sadly too many ‘pugs’ are used to mindless zerg/EoTM/pve and don’t know how to play their class properly, or use builds that are almost totally useless in wvw.

Wvw is better overall with a mix. Small groups can be amazingly effective in capping stuff whilst the guild group pulls off the enemy zerg, so if you don’t see a tag form a party and go cap stuff. I’m still amazed at those that quit the BL as soon as they die once ‘omg we’re outnumbered we can’t do anything’….

Victory, Beings Lost On Borderlands (BLOB), SFR & Gandara (inactive)

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

Not everyone wants to zerg WvW like EOTM. When I roam I don’t tag up because I want to duel and just have fun. Same goes for a 5 man party, up to guild raid. If I want to spam 1 and karma train, I tag up.

It’s also not always the best way to be successful to zerg everything like in EoTM. Sometimes you need to dangle a big slice of your zerg in front of a keep, make a lot of noise and orange swords, while a small team of 5 chews through the gate with golems on the other side of the keep.

Splitting a 30 man zerg into two 15 man groups to assault two towers/keeps at once, and making the defenders choose one of the two if they don’t have enough folks to defend both.

both of these are good techniques to use in wvw that don’t scream for 45 people PVDing a paper gate down in 90 seconds.

(edited by Hamster.4861)

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

I’ve been on both sides of this.

If you’re in a guild you run with a tag because…
You want to have more players to help with attack/defense or even coordinate with another guild (tagged or tagless) on map tactics.
You want to advertise your guild to others, hoping to get recruits

If you’re in a guild you run tagless because….
You want to see how your guild stacks up with the enemy, regardless of the size of either side.
You want to avoid having a “rallybot(s)” helping the other side more than they help your side.

On the other hand, I remember when I was looking to join a WvW guild, I tried to run with guilds both tagged and untagged. Tagged guilds were more inclusive. You end up finding out which tags/guilds/commanders were better.

Untagged guilds felt like they didn’t want you, or anyone around. If an untagged guild was using their own VOIP you were better off leaving them and going to another map. If, however, you were from a known and respected WvW guild, you could use the influence your guild had to join with an untagged guild.

in WvW

Posted by: BooHud.2681

BooHud.2681

It’s also not always the best way to be successful to zerg everything like in EoTM. Sometimes you need to dangle a big slice of your zerg in front of a keep, make a lot of noise and orange swords, while a small team of 5 chews through the gate with golems on the other side of the keep.

Splitting a 30 man zerg into two 15 man groups to assault two towers/keeps at once, and making the defenders choose one of the two if they don’t have enough folks to defend both.

both of these are good techniques to use in wvw that don’t scream for 45 people PVDing a paper gate down in 90 seconds.

Ahh, yes. tis true, tis true. The old chewbacca face method.

in WvW

Chaba.5410

People from t2 making it sound like not having a commander on the map is a positive.

Hey I’m in T2 and don’t see it that way. Then again, my voluntary obligation is the health of my server in WvW and not my guild. LOL

Chaba Tangnu

in WvW

Posted by: Theftwind.8976

Theftwind.8976

It’s also not always the best way to be successful to zerg everything like in EoTM.

Sometimes the Commanders get wrapped up in their own self importance and the people follow blindly. I had my mesmer hidden in our Bay once and advertised a few times in chat that I was hidden and ready to port people in. I saw the dorito approach the Wurm gate and moved to position, took out the archer on the top, and stood there and watched as they furiously dropped 3 superior rams and built them to take the outer gate down. I dropped a portal, dropped down and set the second, and had 2 out of about 20 people take it. Never laughed so hard.

Now due to a low bandwidth ISP (living in the boonies) I could not run TS but found it fascinating that only 2 out of 20 bothered to read map chat and pick up on the portal although they read it when the Commander said “build left to right” “masters on rams” “take out the cannons”. Sheep are so funny!

Theftwind (HoD)

in WvW

XacTactX.6709

Hey I’m in T2 and don’t see it that way. Then again, my voluntary obligation is the health of my server in WvW and not my guild. LOL

That’s a good philosophy Chaba. People like you and I who have stayed on one server for a long time tend to think like that. I’ve noticed that the more people identify with their guild the less they identify with their server, so they stop feeling an obligation to include less experienced players. And the more they transfer the less the feeling of community gets, etc.

in WvW

Posted by: Xerion.8014

Xerion.8014

Blue dots attract rallybots. Organized groups don’t like rallybots.

Xerion The Fierced – #1 Ranger Extraordinary
“Beautiful, talented and unique.”
Velocity [VcY] – Somewhere roaming on Far Shiverpeaks

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Don’t beleive the T2 they all blob to win. Ask a pug to tag up? Maybe if that guy had a big bad guild helping him he would.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Chaba.5410

LOL XacTactX. I been on IOJ and BP too.

displayname, I speak from my own experience of not having a guild behind me and tagging up to pugmand. Yes, it is not easy, but not impossible either. It takes time to develop a pug following. The lazy will not do it.

Chaba Tangnu

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

People will run Closed and Open Raids as they wish, if you want to feel what it’s like running with any one of the Guilds ask them and join their TS channel.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

in WvW

displayname.8315

People will run Closed and Open Raids as they wish, if you want to feel what it’s like running with any one of the Guilds ask them and join their TS channel.

I beleive when the OP says it was a major guild and they were the only zerg on map they should tag up for the sake of their server. I agree but alot of guilds don’t see it that way it seems.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Why should a Guild be obligated to tag up when they could supply a commander later on? If they don’t want to tag at that moment that’s their choice.

That’s what we do anyway and many others do.
It’s like when I used to command a ton and whenever I was around I’d get asked all the time, eventually I had to take a break!

Scrubio

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: warriorjrd.8695

warriorjrd.8695

I beleive when the OP says it was a major guild and they were the only zerg on map they should tag up for the sake of their server. I agree but alot of guilds don’t see it that way it seems.

You buy a tag and lead everybody then. You can’t just expect people to lead simply because they are there, apparently them not wanting to isn’t a good enough reason for you.

It is not what you do, but how and why you do it that counts.

in WvW

Posted by: Ragnar.4257

Ragnar.4257

80 people on a map….. 30 from a guild, 50 random militia.

Why is it the responsibility of the guild to put the tag up?

Why is it not the responsibility of the militia?

Really, if you’re not prepared to tag up yourself, you can’t really complain when others don’t do so either.

And if you’re not prepared to tag up yourself, and someone else decided to bite the bullet, you really can’t complain about how that person commands. The reason so many commanders stop tagging up after a few weeks/months is because of the constant QQ and lack of co-operation from pugs.

Having someone tag up for you, shepherd you around, and do all the thinking for you, is a privilege, not a right.

[Scnd][TA][Dius][aX]

in WvW

displayname.8315

You buy a tag and lead everybody then. You can’t just expect people to lead simply because they are there, apparently them not wanting to isn’t a good enough reason for you.

I suppose we have different ideas of what a WvW guild is all about. If your commanding and your the major/only force available to lead you might think about tagging up. Maybe it was a pve guild roleplaying or one of the “fights” guilds who don’t care. idk

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

warriorjrd.8695

I suppose we have different ideas of what a WvW guild is all about. If your commanding and your the major/only force available to lead you might think about tagging up. Maybe it was a pve guild roleplaying or one of the “fights” guilds who don’t care. idk

Read what Ragnar said, he essentially ended this thread with that comment there. Read it, and think about it.

in WvW

displayname.8315

Read what Ragnar said, he essentially ended this thread with that comment there. Read it, and think about it.

I read what Ragnar wrote. He calls for the militia to command the server. I was under the impression that the WvW guilds of each server ran things.. Is that not the case on each servers website? Do they not want to command? Most servers that play to win organzie tag up times on their websites. They have the rally times of guilds posted and often make sure someone is leading the militia.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

warriorjrd.8695

I read what Ragnar wrote. He calls for the militia to command the server. I was under the impression that the WvW guilds of each server ran things.. Is that not the case on each servers website? Do they not want to command? Most servers that play to win organzie tag up times on their websites. They have the rally times of guilds posted and often make sure someone is leading the militia.

You’re still labouring under delusion that a guild is obligated to tag up just because there is nobody else on the map. Nobody is obligated to do anything in wvw. You are so self-righteous and arrogant to think that guilds who don’t play a similar style as you do hurt the server, and they should tag up when they run on a map. It really is disgusting and has gone beyond a mere difference of opinions now. To think that you could see nothing wrong with forcing people to tag up when they may not want to, regardless of the situation on the map, is shocking really. Like I said earlier, buy a bloody tag and lead. Then and only then will you even have the right to discuss others being obligated to tag up. You are just as capable as they are, so stop being so selfish and self-righteous and do something other than spew nonsense on these forums.

in WvW

XacTactX.6709

Warriorjrd is mad

in WvW

displayname.8315

You’re still labouring under delusion that a guild is obligated to tag up just because there is nobody else on the map. Nobody is obligated to do anything in wvw. You are so self-righteous and arrogant to think that guilds who don’t play a similar style as you do hurt the server, and they should tag up when they run on a map. It really is disgusting and has gone beyond a mere difference of opinions now. To think that you could see nothing wrong with forcing people to tag up when they may not want to, regardless of the situation on the map, is shocking really. Like I said earlier, buy a bloody tag and lead. Then and only then will you even have the right to discuss others being obligated to tag up. You are just as capable as they are, so stop being so selfish and self-righteous and do something other than spew nonsense on these forums.

I in no way think a guild should be obligated to tag up at any time. Luckily I’m on a server with WvW guilds willing to command. Most good servers have to have several actual WvW guilds willing to play for the win. If the other server brings 60 what are you going to do? Tag up? Call it a day GG. Theres a big difference in how a high teir winning server has to organize its troops, guilds and militia both.

JQ subsidiary

in WvW

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

This may just be my server, but on GH most guilds are actually more than happy to let people join their TS and join them on raids if you ask. This isnt always true, of course, mostly it is.

They just want to know you can and will listen to them and follow them properly, whereas if they tag up they will attract the super casual people who kinda follow the tag a bit then wander off and dont stick, etc etc.

So yeah.. Just ask to join their TS if you want to run with them for a bit, you might be surprised.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

There are guilds whos recruit. Join and raid with them. i asked Golden Hord for an invite, we talked 5 minutes and i joined.
If you are an experienced player there arealways room for you

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

The reason so many commanders stop tagging up after a few weeks/months is because of the constant QQ and lack of co-operation from pugs.

This ^^

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

The reason so many commanders stop tagging up after a few weeks/months is because of the constant QQ and lack of co-operation from pugs.

This ^^

Hi

ex-commander here, and you pegged it so right, hehe. PUGs not on voice comms and running wrong builds is what ruins commanders.

Rally bait FTL.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

CrimsonNeonite.1048

I don’t think you can expect the pugs to be running exactly as you want anyway, giving up because of that you would lose respect.

I’d rather run with a load of ranged classes who know what they’re doing, rather than some random melee train.

Scrubio

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)