Guilds moving to top 3 servers.

in WvW

Posted by: Veleron.3127

Veleron.3127

First i would like to let you know that i am pretty new to GW i barely started playing 2 weeks ago and i am already in love with the WvW mode, i play on AG EU and i have noticed that many of the good people\big guilds tend to just transfer to top servers in order to get more rewards(AG finished 2nd and 3rd in the 2 past match ups) and more competent guilds compared to AG.

Now you can’t exactly blame anyone for doing that but i am amazed at how a game as big as GW with competitive PvP hasn’t addressed such an issue yet? why aren’t there any rewards\free transfers to weaker servers in order to lure big guilds there and balance things a little bit? why aren’t transfers to already high populated top servers shut down?

in WvW

Posted by: Jezynka.2651

Jezynka.2651

They are not transferring because of rewards (mostly) but for a chance to fight more against same-minded guilds. Top servers are more stable and have higher chance to fight each other. AG and servers in silver don’t have that much of people in wvw anymore. So it happens quite often that you spend whole raid looking for fights and finds none. And when the guild is quite successful that enemy starts avoiding fights… And no fights = no fun and people stop playing…

in WvW

Posted by: Davey.7029

Davey.7029

Well, I can think of three possible reasons:

1) Anet doesn’t care about WvW enough to take it seriously. The focus right now is on SPvP and how to make it big in the Esports scene. And of course, the Living Story.

2) Anet doesn’t care about WvW enough to take it seriously. Collecting money from server transfers is profitable for the company, and honestly, who can blame them? Every MMORPG charges you for server transfers, and it keeps the game going. An unfair and unbalanced game is still better than no game at all.

3) Anet knows about this and is working on a solution. At least the latest response from the devleoppers on this subject seems to indicate they’re thinking on ways to solve this: server merges, alliances and battlegroups are all on the table right now.

Hopefully I’m right about 3)

(edited by Davey.7029)

in WvW

Posted by: Veleron.3127

Veleron.3127

@Jezynka

You’re only supporting my point, people wont find fights because everyone who cares about PvP leaves for bigger servers since the server loses most of its matchups due to the lack of PvP guilds. What if i made switching to Aurora Glade, Arborstone, Ranik free this week only and gave few day boosters to guilds that move there with a minimum amount of x players for WvW XP gained and perhaps tournament tickets wouldn’t that attract few guilds over therefore will make people able to find the fights they will looking for?

But right now the case is i want my 200 tickets every week and i cant get them on AG because the server loses every matchup what is the easy way out? move to a top 5 server where i will get more rewards and more people to fight therefore more loot and xp.

in WvW

Posted by: Andronica Farwyn.7684

Andronica Farwyn.7684

I’ve been playing WvW on Aurora Glade since 2012 and have seen many ups and downs, with some guilds leaving the server (occasionally returning a few months later with tails between their legs) and new ones joining. Despite these fluctuations, the WvW community on AG remains strong and varied. We have hard-core guilds with daily raids and good fights, as well as very strong puggies. Of course, all of us hope for improvements from Anet, but nobody is waiting for them – on AG we have fun in WvW because of a great community. Yes, “winning” WvW matchups is about coverage, but there is also a deep satisfaction when our guild (III Legio) wipes much larger groups from blobby servers, something which happens nearly every evening. And yes, sometimes the enemies do run when they see us coming, but then we have a good laugh. On AG, WvW is far from dead.

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

At least two guilds moved to Gandara recently for the chance to fight some of the best wvw guilds that are left, at least I would like to think so.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in WvW

Posted by: Jezynka.2651

Jezynka.2651

@Jezynka

You’re only supporting my point, people wont find fights because everyone who cares about PvP leaves for bigger servers since the server loses most of its matchups due to the lack of PvP guilds. What if i made switching to Aurora Glade, Arborstone, Ranik free this week only and gave few day boosters to guilds that move there with a minimum amount of x players for WvW XP gained and perhaps tournament tickets wouldn’t that attract few guilds over therefore will make people able to find the fights they will looking for?

But right now the case is i want my 200 tickets every week and i cant get them on AG because the server loses every matchup what is the easy way out? move to a top 5 server where i will get more rewards and more people to fight therefore more loot and xp.

I don’t think free transfer, WXP boost and tickets will fix it. As I said these guilds (and I am in one of them) don’t care about these rewards. The fighting is the most important and even if the server ends last who cares? I don’t need WXP, I don’t care about another skin I will never use… I long for fights that are challenging and fun and that’s my reward.

The wining tournament is not about wvw guilds, it’s about off-peak coverage. If you somehow convince wvw guilds to move to lower tier, once these 3 servers move away in ranking and stops meeting each other in matchups the guilds will start transferring again. Spreading these guilds too thin will not help. The wvw population (regular players and guilds) is too small now so it would kill them. They know it and that’s why they are stacking in higher tiers.

Year ago AG was full of wvw guilds (8+ guilds, 20+ ppl in each and part of gvg community) and most of mid-silver servers as well. But back then gold servers had queues every day and even some silver servers were affected by it. Right before tournament T1 servers had queue on one border and EB and on other two were outnumbered…

in WvW

Posted by: DevilishLyx.2340

DevilishLyx.2340

i am amazed at how a game as big as GW with competitive PvP hasn’t addressed such an issue yet? why aren’t there any rewards\free transfers to weaker servers in order to lure big guilds there and balance things a little bit? why aren’t transfers to already high populated top servers shut down?

OMG how can you say that?! The devs ahve been workign tiredlesslessly bringing us coloured tag, golem mastery and siege disablers!
All of that in just the last 6 months alone!
How can you claim thay they are not adressing issues which have been highlighted constantly and repeatedly since launch and nothing having been done about them in 2 years?!

Honestly, if you havent done any coding you have no idea how hard it is to colour something in!

in WvW

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

AG and servers in silver don’t have that much of people in wvw anymore. So it happens quite often that you spend whole raid looking for fights and finds none. And when the guild is quite successful that enemy starts avoiding fights… And no fights = no fun and people stop playing…

Actually silver league servers is the best thing for anyone who dislike zerg trains. Yes there are a lot of people in WvW. More than enough.

I also play on AG, and i was amazed how bad gold leage servers are (we played against 2 in this tourn). 90% of their playerbase are following a commander, resulting in 50-60 man blobs, going from keep to keep PvE’ing… “WvW” …

I was amazed how <insert super high rank here> players could not even act when caught outside of their zerg.

As for the “rewards”.. what rewards? 50 tournament tokens more? To do what with them? Buy a miniature? Or get the ascended trinkets everyone has by now…

in WvW

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

Now you can’t exactly blame anyone for doing that but i am amazed at how a game as big as GW with competitive PvP hasn’t addressed such an issue yet? why aren’t there any rewards\free transfers to weaker servers in order to lure big guilds there and balance things a little bit? why aren’t transfers to already high populated top servers shut down?

Firstly, you are assuming that people transfer because of rewards. They don’t.
Secondly, I seriously think you have not played this game long enough to fully understand the situation so I suggest that you go back and just play the game for a few more weeks/months and see if your perception changes.

Guilds move because they want to have more fights. Your server and a lot of other servers near its rank still have A LOT of wvw guilds. 1-2 guilds leaving will not affect you. Get acquainted with the other WvW players and guilds on your server.

There will be more tournaments in the future so if you don’t get the 200 tickets each week this time, you can still collect more tickets from the next tournament.

Winning does not matter. Having fun does.