Guilds, not Servers

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Ryudnard.2587

Ryudnard.2587

When entering WvW borderland, players will choose which guilds they want to represent for the week.

By the end of the week, the guilds with the highest impacts will be announced and rewarded special WvW rare skins/items that last 7 days.

The game is called Guild Wars 2. Representing a server is a cool thing, for people do have pride in their own servers. However, at the end of the day, I felt like the guilds doing the hard work leading their home servers to victory arnt being recognized and rewarded properly.

Thoughts?

(edited by Ryudnard.2587)

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: MadBomber.3719

MadBomber.3719

still doesnt solve stacking or imbalance. it’ll just be like seasons where everyone stacks into same guild (server) to get rewards. no difference

shit guardian on maguuma

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

still doesnt solve stacking or imbalance. it’ll just be like seasons where everyone stacks into same guild (server) to get rewards. no difference

Guilds have roster limits which makes it impossible to stack a match.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Ryudnard.2587

I disagree.

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Sethanon Stormrage.6721

Sethanon Stormrage.6721

Just make it Faction based?

Three factions that players can join, and force a transfer limit to make sure the numbers stay the same. Only allow transfers once a month? but restrict the transfers to ensure there is no bandwagoning. Promote a faction pride rather than server pride (hell, there is not enough players on the servers for server pride any more).

Then find rewards that are PvP orientated to promote winning. Special titles and skins, even if they are only temporary, even gold. Hell kitten alone is usually enough of a reward for most people who enjoy PvP. Killing the enemy in a good fight is worth more than a reward for capping an empty tower.

WvW needs to be separated from PvE like SPvP is. Anet have created the best large scale PvP mode out there, and they neglect it and treat it as if its an extra to PvE.

Sethanon
The Iron Triangle
www.warnation.net

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

MadBomber.3719

I disagree.

if you limit guild size than yea but people stack servers now and there’s no rewards… add rewards to that. explain how people wouldnt stack?

people are always gonna stack to win, no one likes losing.

if you are counting on players to balance themselves, good luck.

shit guardian on maguuma

(edited by MadBomber.3719)

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Ryudnard.2587

I disagree.

if you limit guild size than yea but people stack servers now and there’s no rewards… add rewards to that. explain how people wouldnt stack?

I don’t understand with the stack issue you’re brining up. The big WvW guilds have been moving in and out of different servers since the beginning of gw2 release. It’s been like that forever.

As for the balance issue, all tiers look well balanced these days.

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

just make it faction war, like AB in GW1, and remove EoTM….. settle….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

MadBomber.3719

I disagree.

I don’t understand with the stack issue you’re brining up. The big WvW guilds have been moving in and out of different servers since the beginning of gw2 release. It’s been like that forever.

if you don’t understand how stacking is/ has been an issue in wvw then you clearly dont wvw enough.

thats how you get powerhouses like BG a couple months ago when anet wisely opened it or maguuma with 5 big NA guilds now while most servers have 1 or 2. Fighting an overstacked BG and Maguuma for weeks pretty much destroyed TC. pretty much all of TC’s major guilds are gone or maybe you remember when 4 large T1 guilds piled into YB and devastated Tier 2 and left SOS and FA to suffer for months after.

but sure it’s not an issue. as for balance i mean all those posts about unfair matchups and linkings i guess are just made up

shit guardian on maguuma

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

just make it faction war, like AB in GW1, and remove EoTM….. settle….

Humm sadly Anet is very obtuse maintning a system that not works, just for pve reasons, and MO during gw1 time and gw2 anouncing said they would abolish factions gameplay, saddly Anet picked up a far worse thing in exchange….

WvW needs to be something like plating an rts, where th eplayers are the little soldiers, still w/o the right mechanics wich WvW has zero, since its a ppt race while Anet make one server stacked eneught to win… this system is more than a joke actually, added with the poor care on skills design in favour to pve spamway.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Ryudnard.2587

I disagree.

if you don’t understand how stacking is/ has been an issue in wvw then you clearly dont wvw enough.

thats how you get powerhouses like BG a couple months ago when anet wisely opened it or maguuma with 5 big NA guilds now while most servers have 1 or 2. Fighting an overstacked BG and Maguuma for weeks pretty much destroyed TC. pretty much all of TC’s major guilds are gone or maybe you remember when 4 large T1 guilds piled into YB and devastated Tier 2 and left SOS and FA to suffer for months after.

but sure it’s not an issue. as for balance i mean all those posts about unfair matchups and linkings i guess are just made up

How is TC getting destoryed BG and Magumma’s fault? What about Jade Quarry? What about other tier 2 and tier 3 servers like SBI that can compete very well at tier 1? Nothing can work out perfect. Anet is doing well controling the server population.

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: JemL.3501

JemL.3501

No, there is a reason of why people join guilds or not, forcing me to play with some noobs or forcing me to pick the less noobs is a no thanks

I took an arrow to the knee

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

So i need to leave my own guild to join a blobby one for some extra rewards? I wonder why you think this would be a good idea. Apart from the rewards you might get at the end.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Ryudnard.2587

So i need to leave my own guild to join a blobby one for some extra rewards? I wonder why you think this would be a good idea. Apart from the rewards you might get at the end.

Why do you have to leave your own guild?

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

MadBomber.3719

I disagree.

How is TC getting destoryed BG and Magumma’s fault? What about Jade Quarry? What about other tier 2 and tier 3 servers like SBI that can compete very well at tier 1? Nothing can work out perfect. Anet is doing well controling the server population.

because guilds & players stacked into BG and Maguuma…BG had 24/7 coverage no other server could compete with. do you seriously not understand what stacking is? TC couldnt compete at all but was stuck in that matchup for weeks so people fairweather or leave the server to get out of the tier. JQ up until relinks had 1 NA guild SF. SBI is competing in T1 because they have 4+ NA guilds who PPT all day.

if you really think anet is doing a good job balancing population then lol….

shit guardian on maguuma

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

GW1 had capes. A guild that was successful in GvG got to have copper, silver or gold trimmed capes.

After a while some of those guilds sold memberships for those that wanted to wear the special capes.

I don’t think Anet would repeat this or something like it in GW2

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

I can’t stand guilds. One of the huge attractions of WvW is that it doesn’t pander to them. No thanks.

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Why do you have to leave your own guild?

Uhm read your OP again please.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

When entering WvW borderland, players will choose which guilds they want to represent for the week.

By the end of the week, the guilds with the highest impacts will be announced and rewarded special WvW rare skins/items that last 7 days.

The game is called Guild Wars 2. Representing a server is a cool thing, for people do have pride in their own servers. However, at the end of the day, I felt like the guilds doing the hard work leading their home servers to victory arnt being recognized and rewarded properly.

Thoughts?

Nope, players have their own guilds to rep.

So you understand “Guild Wars”…

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Here’s my thought(s):

No

Reason:

People will represent ONE guild, and that guild will get all the special skins and awards that you mentioned, people will just fix it so that they ALWAYS have rare skins coming in, if there is one thing most people know how to do, is abuse a system and exploit it to death.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Guilds, not Servers

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

if there is one thing most people know how to do, is abuse a system and exploit it to death.

Which is no excuse to do nothing. If everything becomes compromised by player greed, then everything is compromised equally. The guild system in a way prevents players from stacking in large numbers since the best they can do is stack one guild which is smaller than a servers population by a good bit.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”