Gunnar's Hold to Augury Rock

in WvW

Posted by: Wrex.6798

Wrex.6798

Kinda funny reply, instantly going to ‘young’ and ‘lad’, I am acually neither so ye, kinda funny.

Strategy is fine, so is ganging up on one server, but going onto the forums and begging for help is the funniest thing i’ve ever seen.

And since I like to be childish – go face-rub a gate.

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in WvW

Posted by: Snort.3698

Snort.3698

Then just foolish, its not merely the remit of the young.

I see that there is no substance to your arguments.

Perhaps you belong to those who believe being coordinated is tantamount to cheating?

Snorth Tufmudda – The UnNamed _ThUn.
Project Blacktide 24/7 http://tinyurl.com/a3unn9b

in WvW

Posted by: Attila the Hun.8569

Attila the Hun.8569

So that’s why both Gunars and Augury server where in the same keep today , Arenanet should make an other wvwvw and show how much they failed on epic scale how their playerbase abuses game mechanic , they should start fixing stuff like limit 1 account to 1 server so the players don’t make spy characters on enemy server , also cross server chat must go, limit player transfer up to 1/month also they should rename the whole wvwvw to Holding hands online

Woxiko (Warrior) – Mssneaky (Mesemer) – Xardd (Elementalist)
Desolation Satsugai

(edited by Attila the Hun.8569)

in WvW

Posted by: Wrex.6798

Wrex.6798

Not at all, i love coordination but really, try looking to your own server for it instead of crying to another, what’s next, do you want Desolation to lie down and just let you win too since you can’t do it alone?

IRON Gaming Boss.
www.Iron-Gaming.Com

in WvW

Posted by: TRON.1085

TRON.1085

Guys let them team up as much as they want, the french cant win on there own. They need help.

We understand. Deso for life!

in WvW

Posted by: Raoh.4502

Raoh.4502

Nice Golem zerg, loads of fun to watch it paint the map, that will give us things to do for this evening

Arborstone – [GN]
La Garde Noire

in WvW

Snort.3698

Not at all, i love coordination but really, try looking to your own server for it instead of crying to another, what’s next, do you want Desolation to lie down and just let you win too since you can’t do it alone?

Is there any reason coordination should be restricted to your own server other than whim?

in WvW

Posted by: whyto.1350

whyto.1350

I think I’ll just leave this here.

Guardian of Mankind
Desolation – [IRON]
The Iron Triangle

(edited by whyto.1350)

in WvW

Snort.3698

I think I’ll just leave this here.

Classic song.

But you may need to be careful, a Golem push requires coordination and there are those on here who frown on that sort of thing.

We can not be organised!

in WvW

Posted by: iHaukka.2815

iHaukka.2815

Wasn’t even the first time IRON made golem zerg. Last time they got bit too greedy and Gunnar’s got angry.
Went much better this time.
-Raikof reporting in

One does simply walk into keeps

in WvW

Posted by: Attila the Hun.8569

Attila the Hun.8569

After VS and FS we have now Holding hands

Woxiko (Warrior) – Mssneaky (Mesemer) – Xardd (Elementalist)
Desolation Satsugai

in WvW

Posted by: Xandax.1753

Xandax.1753

Considering how many desolation players I had to report tonight …. I find these desolation attempts at taunting quite ironic.

in WvW

Posted by: Superlol.3741

Superlol.3741

I don’t care about the WvW itself, but making deso guys to rage quit in the jumpin puzzles is just too fun..

[CIR] – Blacktide

in WvW

Snort.3698

Wasn’t even the first time IRON made golem zerg. Last time they got bit too greedy and Gunnar’s got angry.
-Raikof reporting in

The 13 Golem push that wiped was Iron?

in WvW

Posted by: Rezo.4815

Rezo.4815

Dear Gunnars Hold, you will gain nothing from working together with Augury Rock except letting the french win instead of us, i congratulate your leaders for deciding to help the nightcappers win when they would have slowly inched their selves to 1st anyway. IRON has personally delivered Ascension Bay to you guys on a silver plate (sieged it, capped it, reset the upgrades and retreated) every morning and you ungratefully pull this off. Really guys, i’d love to see you pass us in points now because odds are we are going to play against you guys next week aswell if you let Augury win.
Don’t expect any favors after this point.
Love,
IRON
PS: In the morning all your keeps will have iron walls and they will belong to the french, have fun.

For the night is dark and full of nightcappers.
[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

(edited by Rezo.4815)

in WvW

Rezo.4815

-Raikof reporting in

That was probably Genesis Gaming on Desolation Borderland you are refrencing there. IRON has been playing on Augury Rock BL every day with taking 3 keeps every time golems go up. The amount of time they survive after taking these keeps varies on a daily basis but i would hardly ever call it a wipe.

[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

(edited by Rezo.4815)

in WvW

Snort.3698

-Raikof reporting in

That was probably Genesis Gaming on Desolation Borderland you are refrencing there. IRON has been playing on Augury Rock BL every day with taking 3 keeps every time golems go up.

ah cool

in WvW

Snort.3698

Dear Gunnars Hold, you will gain nothing from working together with Augury Rock except letting the french win instead of us, i congratulate your leaders for deciding to help the nightcappers win when they would have slowly inched their selves to 1st anyway. IRON has personally delivered Ascension Bay to you guys on a silver plate every morning and you ungratefully pull this off. Really guys, i’d love to see you pass us in points now because odds are we are going to play against you guys next week aswell if you let Augury win.
Love,
IRON

Have no fear, If Augury go into the lead we will turn on them.

Your own guild mates have different ideas if you read the thread. their attitude is a tiny bit /facepalm.

The leading server should be a target for everyone else.

On the bright side its making an interesting match up.

the fights have been very enjoyable.

in WvW

Posted by: Darkademic.2603

Darkademic.2603

Strategy is fine, so is ganging up on one server, but going onto the forums and begging for help is the funniest thing i’ve ever seen.

So ganging up is fine as long as you don’t use words to make it happen? Kindly backing away from the fighting and effectively giving your enemies the nod, which is exactly what Desolation have been doing, is somehow more worthy of respect than openly requesting assistance? In fact, Desolation did exactly the same thing – asking Far Shiverpeaks to team up against Vizunah Square.

Guild Leader – DkR Dark Reavers
Creator/Owner – GW2 Guilds Index

in WvW

Rezo.4815

So ganging up is fine as long as you don’t use words to make it happen? Kindly backing away from the fighting and effectively giving your enemies the nod, which is exactly what Desolation have been doing, is somehow more worthy of respect than openly requesting assistance? In fact, Desolation did exactly the same thing – asking Far Shiverpeaks to team up against Vizunah Square.

Far Shiverpeaks teamed up with Vizunah Square, get your facts right or ask NUG
We are the high ranked underdog and we have a lot of hate for french nightcappers.

[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

in WvW

Rezo.4815

Dear Gunnars Hold, you will gain nothing from working together with Augury Rock except letting the french win instead of us, i congratulate your leaders for deciding to help the nightcappers win when they would have slowly inched their selves to 1st anyway. IRON has personally delivered Ascension Bay to you guys on a silver plate every morning and you ungratefully pull this off. Really guys, i’d love to see you pass us in points now because odds are we are going to play against you guys next week aswell if you let Augury win.
Love,
IRON

Have no fear, If Augury go into the lead we will turn on them.

Your own guild mates have different ideas if you read the thread. their attitude is a tiny bit /facepalm.

The leading server should be a target for everyone else.

On the bright side its making an interesting match up.

the fights have been very enjoyable.

I do really agree with you, playing against THUN has been an enjoyable experience for us at IRON but we take this as a spit in the face. There is nothing to gain for Gunnar’s Hold, nothing. They will still be 3rd. Teaming up with us would have granted them 2nd.

[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

in WvW

Posted by: Scribbles.7493

Scribbles.7493

Desolation doesn’t bring choppas. They bring rusty lawnmowers.

Blacktide – [CIR]
Crimson Imperium Reborn

in WvW

Posted by: Ramanthes.5916

Ramanthes.5916

Moral of the story: Desolation may lose badly from Canada Square and Far Siberians, but we’re still better at WubWub than you guys. And that eats you alive. But go ahead, get first place and get trashed for a whole week, we’ll be enjoying the second bracket and the easy win.

in WvW

Snort.3698

Rezo,

We would have been happy yo join up with you guys were 2nd or 3rd. Its the reason they have 3 servers.

Its nothing personel, we are just gunning for the top dogs, take it as a compliment.

Servers communicating and focusing one other(if pulled off) is just the start of the meta game.

Coordination is king. whether is players joining a guild, a guild using voice coms, guilds forming alliances or servers focusing others. Coordination is also hard to pull off especially amongst servers.

It is perfectly legitimate to organize. It one of the reason we are succesful as a guild.

@trolls (not you Rezo)

As for the troll in this thread, who are not interested in civility, in guild we refer to enemy zerglings as loot bags.

in WvW

Posted by: albaslayer.5817

albaslayer.5817

Back stabbed like a boss by gunnar happy now frenchies ?

in WvW

Posted by: Nicholai.5169

Nicholai.5169

Well, at least when your two servers work together things get challenging.

Do it more often please. I was getting bored.

Cattlebruiser of SHC

in WvW

Snort.3698

Glad your seeing reason.

Now if we could extend cooperation beyond the desolation Borderland that would be good. Even in the desolation borderland we still had fights at keeps between Augury and Gunnar’s .It may be hard to get cooperation working accross 4 zones in the remaining time. It is still good practice for the 2 week match ups.

@ Augury: In desolation borderlands yesterday we between us we had the desolation zerg pinned in one camp for most of the evening. This allowed us both to close on them.

@ desolation thanks for the fights at Crags, holding with out a door or walls was a great challenge. it looks really cool from where we were standing, very epic. Using the siege on our bottleneck was very clever. We nearly wiped a few times.Thanks.

in WvW

Posted by: Glor.2485

Glor.2485

in WvW

Posted by: The Monk.3672

The Monk.3672

I play on Desolation and have had some really good fights over the past few days. I really don’t know why you feel the need to team up with the French when the scores are so close.

UKCS – Desolation

in WvW

Posted by: QTRKOBRA.1827

QTRKOBRA.1827

Hey The Monk interested in joining the DBG? Desolation Border Guardians is a new WvW Guild and has currently 12 members.

in WvW

Posted by: Arclight.4652

Arclight.4652

Don’t say things like that, we are the bad nithcappers and Desolation use only fair tactics.

btw, good reaction we were about to close the gap

in WvW

Posted by: Quentin Fields.1295

Quentin Fields.1295

Even doh we have the night cap advantage this week as Desolation…Im enjoying day fights against you guys.

Very challenging fights with both servers.

That field fight in front of bluebriar was epic against Gunnar’s while AR tried to defend that tower.It was lots of fun.

Although both servers are well playing.You can team up for nights but i dont see a reason for you 2 to team up on day light.

in WvW

Rezo.4815

I cant believe you guys didn’t take AH, you are bad and you should feel bad.You had at least twice our numbers at your disposal you still didn’t manage to beat us on Angry Rock Borderlands. Heh
Edit: We are horrible nightcappers compared to Vizu so you should feel happy we are winning and not you

[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

(edited by Rezo.4815)

in WvW

Snort.3698

@ The Monk

The simple answer is to get the scores even closer.

If we keep this up, targeting the leading server on the match up, we can probably create one of the most fun match ups.

I believe all the other tiers have a run away leader? I am open to correction on this.

in WvW

Posted by: DavidMonthen.4398

DavidMonthen.4398

I personally took out 2 catapults and some other siege yesterday evening, when you guys were trying to cap AH in the Augury Rock borderlands…

numbers aren’t everything. you guys were a group of 30 or more protecting the siege and i managed to kill it on my own. so just a suggestion: l2p first. and then feel free to try again. got it? allrighty!

except for that though I personally am pleased your servers teamed up! (that alliance is still going, right?) because your sheer numbers FINALLY give us some sort of a challenge.

oh and please stop face-rubbing the gates and walls. that “tactic” is just embarassing for your servers, respectively. (and yes, you all do it.)

(to those who don’t know what face-rubbing is: it describes the attempt to break down a gate or wall with sheer numbers, without any coordination or siege equipment.)

one more thing: if, IF, one of your servers were to actually get in the lead we will not be available for any server-server alliances. once you guys break your alliance (or has it allready happened? I’m at work right now and have no intel on the current status of your alliance) Desolation will be making your WvW-“lives” very miserable indeed. And – as you seem to still not have organized your facerubbing zerglings – that might end in you not having much map-controll all day and all night… Just… as BS likes to say… Wait For It…

- Bloodsteel

Commander – Kaargoth Bloodsteel
Gunnars Hold – [RUN]
www.run-guild.com

in WvW

Snort.3698

I was wondering what face rubbing was. I though it was when we stood in the door way of one our keeps and you couldnt get past.

You guys seems to be very ragey about people coordinating. I must say it has me perplexed and a tad amused.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/wuvwuv/Kinda-sums-up-the-Whines-for-WvW-Don-t-come-in-if-you-can-t-take-a-joke/first#post258408

If it makes you feel better, there is very little evidence of coordination yet.

As for making our lives miserable. The guild tag you need to search for is ThUn. bring it on I need the badges.

We spent yesterday sat in a tower in the north east of your borderlands, your entire server took down the gate and walls and couldn’t take the tower from one guild so I am not exactly quaking in my boots. Bring a bigger zerg next time.

I would however love if a someone could come up with a logical reason for opposing cooperation against a dominate server in a system that was explicitly designed to allow it to happen.?

I suspect there isnt any one capable of making a cogent argument.

in WvW

Posted by: heskie.4195

heskie.4195

There seems to be a lot of smugness in this thread.

I’m on Gunnar’s Hold, and have been fighting in Desolation’s Borderlands pretty much all week.

I’ve yet to see any evidence of an Augury/Gunnar’s alliance? In fact I’ve spent most of the week fighting Augury Rock. I’d also like to point out that unless I’m missing something, it was an Augury Rock member that posted this alliance proposal… and nothing came of it.

Last night around midnight we had great fun with siege attacking Bluebriar from the Bluevale entrance roof. There was a pretty big fight with Desolation at the entrance, and Augury Rock to the side on the hill and behind within the supply camp.

It’d be easy to think ‘Oh here we go.. they’re teaming up again.’ (in fact a few people in /team said things to this effect..). But really what looks to have happened, Deso had just taken Dreadfall Bay and wanted supplies… while Augury Rock were trying to stop our siege. Thats all there is to it, no meta-game conspiracies and alliances, just teams doing whats best for them.

Eventually we wiped, but had taken the back wall. We respawned, regrouped quickly and rushed the back of the keep and took it. All great fun, thanks for the fight!

Vetinara [SPDX] – Mesmer, Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Rezo.4815

The main bulk of this proposed alliance was around Augury Rock BL and that is why we are smug, it was pretty well organised the way they avoided fighting each other and they still lost, lots of smugness, lots and lots of it.

[IRON] – Desolation
The Iron Triangle

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

I’ve got to ask besides the take down Deso strategy 2 vs 1. What does GH get out of this alliance? AR gets to become 1st place (assuming they do) but there is a small chance that Desolation will become 3rd. I mean AR gets the benefit unless one server is planning to backstab the other.

in WvW

Posted by: specialllama.9570

specialllama.9570

What is this laughable rubbish about AR and GH working together? Just 2 evenings ago we had Deso banging on the outside of our door trying to get in whilst the French were INSIDE hitting the same door trying to help Deso inside because they couldnt handle a guild group of just 20 people. GH is a medium population server pitted against 2 heavy popped servers and you guys were taking it in the rear until the French decided to repeat history and surrender and team with the enemy for SECOND place. Pathetic guys, seriously. Im not mad BTW I quite enjoy smashing your faces for the loot , letting you recap all during the night when everyone is asleep then doing it all again. Check the scores at primetime guys, enjoy your little comradeship and night capping, just be sure to bring the numbers in the evenings, im still short a couple of tokens and watching the fail ensue is just priceless.

Guardian.
EU-Blacktide-

in WvW

Snort.3698

The main bulk of the alliance?

I very much doubt that.

Firstly there is no alliance. Secondly you fought some pugs?

@QTRKOBRA

First decent reply from a Desolation player. That is an excellent question. There are a number of possible advantages that. None of which are guaranteed though.

Earlier in the week GH were being hit on two fronts, so working with augury would stop or reduce this.

This was also allowing Desolation to run away with the match. Cooperation could mitigate this.

If the leading server is focused you create a tighter match. if the match is tight you dont have one side giving up and being outnumbered in WvW. This in turn can lead to better fights. I can honestly say i have enjoyed the fights this week.

If the match gets very tight then one server could make a sprint for the finish line. In a previous match up we overtook Riverside(I think) with 15 minutes to run on the match up. We won by a handful of points and clever strategy.

The most important benefit is a bit more tenious, I am off the opinion and it is only my opinion, that it will take some time for the idea of servers coordinating deseminates. this was the first time i saw it being needed so I attempted to jump started. Honestly i dont think I have been very successful but that will not stop me trying. It may take a few weeks but eventually I believe the mindset will take hold.

From a personal point of view I enjoyed the meta game in Warhammer and i enjoy it here.

As it stands there is some ad hoc cooperation but not much and nothing official. it is not as if i can manipulate all my server and Augury rock. I do own a white cat but i am not a James Bond villain.

And if it were needed I would have made the proposal to any server against any other server.

I am a believer in organisation and have been bemused by a number of juvenile ad hominem responses to what is a sensible pragmatic approach(not you QTRKOBRA)

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

This post is directed at specialllama. Dude check the title and Op post….. I was referring to that and basic logic of the outcome of the alliance if it happened or not.

P.S. Are you high? (specialllama)

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Hey Snort thank you for the explanation but I must admit I’m a bit confused. From what I understand that you enjoy this alliance? (does it exist?) and you enjoy it because of the matches. But what do you guys will happen if you manage to get Deso to 2nd? and AR to third I mean even if you guys have an alliance Ar has your orb of power it seems AR is just using you guys to get to third. Sorry for the questions its just I don’t understand. If you can answer these questions please then I’d understand it more.

But I do understand the importance of organization, I even created a forum for Desolation about it ( you may have read it)

in WvW

Posted by: AXLORD.2045

AXLORD.2045

The winner this week will be seen again in two weeks anyway, be it Deso, GH or AR.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Hey Snort thank you for the explanation but I must admit I’m a bit confused. From what I understand that you enjoy this alliance? (does it exist?) and you enjoy it because of the matches. But what do you guys will happen if you manage to get Deso to 2nd? and AR to third I mean even if you guys have an alliance Ar has your orb of power it seems AR is just using you guys to get to third. Sorry for the questions its just I don’t understand. If you can answer these questions please then I’d understand it more.

But I do understand the importance of organization, I even created a forum for Desolation about it ( you may have read it)

I can’t speak for snort, but if we did get to face Vizunah and FS I think we would be very happy so long as they provide fun and challenging fights, even if we get utterly destroyed by their night shift.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: Scotsman.6453

Scotsman.6453

Good Luck, Have Fun. Let the best world win

in WvW

QTRKOBRA.1827

Hey Vayra, no offence but with the alliance it seems even MORE unlikely that GH will win, is there an alliance anyway? If there is then it seems pretty horrible as AR has your orb of power and has wiped you almost completely off their map and taken a chunk out of yours. I mean if you can’t attack them then it’ll stay like that till the end unless one server backstabs another.

in WvW

Posted by: Vayra.3290

Vayra.3290

Is there an alliance? Not really, no. AR is more interested in playing for 2nd than trying to win.

The Unnamed[ThUn] – Desolation
Vayra – Elementalist
Forkrul Assail – Mesmer

in WvW

Posted by: heskie.4195

heskie.4195

I think based on what I’ve seen, and these posts, its pretty clear there’s no alliances going on. If there are, like you say QTRKOBRA.. they’re terrible..!

I wouldn’t be surprised if Augury are just intent on retaining 2nd, and so making sure we stay 3rd. That’d make a lot of sense, as it sounds like noone actually wants 1st.

I’ve enjoyed this week, I’d happily stay in this tier with you guys.

Vetinara [SPDX] – Mesmer, Gunnar’s Hold

in WvW

Snort.3698

Sorry Kobra, i wasnt clear.

I was saying I enjoy the match up. GH v Ar V Deso, as it has good fights.

There is no alliance. There is just me trying to get the idea accross that the two severs in 2nd and 3rd should focus the 1st.

AR are hitting us at the moment so seem to be content with 2nd.

I would rather play for first and cooperation with another server could be a means to that end.

It may mean we end up in 3rd but i would rather play for first and fail than play for 2nd and get it. That is just me.

if we go up or down doesnt matter as much as the quality of the fights. We had great fights in this match up and great fights in the previous one.

I would ask these questions, why is it ok for a server to coordinate amongst its guilds but wrong for two other servers to attempt it? Surely the way to beat VS would be for the two others to unite to negate the night advantage?