GvG - Let them eat cake!

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

A lot of guilds in WvW don’t want siege or the WvW mechanics. What they do want is GvG, please give it to the community.

Devon or any other developer reading this can you give us confirmation that GvG is in the works or any plans for it?

Community please post here if you want GvG to be incorporated into the game, we need to show the dev team there is a true demand for GvG.

Edit for resource:

http://gw2gvg.com/how-does-it-work.php

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

(edited by The Goat.1940)

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Mysticjedi.6053

Mysticjedi.6053

Isn’t GvG naturally happening in WvW? I love searching out particular guilds, because I know I’ll have a good fight. Why does there have be a special place?

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Niim.9260

Niim.9260

While I am all for variety, I am not sure special GvG mechanics is necessary. I would be happy with them just making it so group play meant coordination beyond stack and spam.

Squads with raid frames that can be managed. Groups synergy actually required in that buffs/heals/cleanses only effected your group.

These kinds of changes would go a long way to seeing a lot more GvG action out in world play.

Sterile arena’s have always been boring to me, I like the surprise and variety aspect of WvW openfield play. That said, I am not opposed to other folks having their fun and if a giant arena makes them happy, then I am supportive of that goal.

~ AoN ~

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Isn’t GvG naturally happening in WvW?

A GvG is an organized matchup between identical numbers of players involving no pugs/militia. It’s a controlled thing. You can’t do a 20v20 in a regular open field fight.

We need a real GvG solution.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Piteous.4165

Piteous.4165

Just make the game open world pvp.

Blackgate
Stay frosty! Keep it tight!

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

We do not need an “organized”, large scale “Arena”.

That’s just dumb.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Pavel.5192

Pavel.5192

no, cause battles 20vs20 arent about skill; team, which has better computers and internet connection wins; its train vs train, more lucky side wins

4ever roaming

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: thiagoperne.7340

thiagoperne.7340

WvW = GvG

Most of the open field fights are without siege or WvW mechanics.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Garruk.8256

Garruk.8256

GvG was one of the main draws for me in GW1, that and the Hall of Heros.

I think it’s interesting this game is called Guild Wars when you cannot even have guild battles. Sure guilds can fight in WvW but it’s not structured, there isn’t a goal or rank and pugs can ruin the fun.

Give us Guild Wars! Bring back guild ranks and Guild Halls. Also capes!

[TSYM]Urabask ~ SoR
Ele

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I would love to see gvg reintroduced but the way gw1 was with guild halls it was perfect and proper pvp , tpvp is a joke in comparison in my opinion.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

We do not need an “organized”, large scale “Arena”.

That’s just dumb.

Are you kidding me? Guilds have been begging for this since launch. It was also in GW1 and was one of the favorite features…

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Drstranglelove.4391

Drstranglelove.4391

This is GW2 Yet no Guild wars ….. POINT MADE

GET IT DONE ANET

THE PEOPLE WANT IT…….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

And one more thing it would be awsome if there was 2 teams of 4 which together would be 8 players on 1 side in gvg just like in gw1 you had 8 players. I think this would be more interesting than 5. I would go back to gw1 just to play gvg if anyone actually did it anymore just because of how good it was but gw1 is a ghost town.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: snowaugar.1823

snowaugar.1823

no, cause battles 20vs20 arent about skill; team, which has better computers and internet connection wins; its train vs train, more lucky side wins

Wait what if your lagging in a 20v20 your rig must be from the 90s
And yes I want gvgs my necro eats up those situations so much blind chill poison and weakness harunnnnngh

(edited by snowaugar.1823)

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Kraag Deadsoul.2789

Agreed. Please bring out Guild versus Guild arenas. Then those of us who want to play WvWvW to the objectives of that game mode can finally return to playing it as intended while the GvG-ers get what they want. Win-win.

So many souls, so little time. ~ Kraag Deadsoul

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

I am not for “large scale arenas GvGs” at all. It would be fun at first than after a while it will become tedious to organize. In general, GvG that are perform in WvW take a long period of time to organize before fighting. All it is: a 20v20 death match based on team composition.

True GvGs take place everyday in WvW. The problem is one day a guild is larger than the other and vice-versa so players get their feelings hurt and what to fight them in a 20v20 death match.

It would be nice if Anet made a custom arena that can house a 25v25 arena so these guilds that want to death match each other have the platform to do it rather than place a whole WvW map hostage until these players get their jollies off.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: God.9345

God.9345

What guild is leading?

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

GvG at the expense of what? That is the issue. GvG is already in practice on many servers for those guilds that care to coordinate.

What are you guys suggesting ANet do then?

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Garruk.8256

Garruk.8256

GvG at the expense of what? That is the issue. GvG is already in practice on many servers for those guilds that care to coordinate.

What are you guys suggesting ANet do then?

Implement cross server(or not), organized guild vs. guild battles with a ranking and leader board system. Much like how it was set up in GW1 basically.

[TSYM]Urabask ~ SoR
Ele

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I wonder what would happen to WvW in GvG was implemented.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Hickeroar.9734

I wonder what would happen to WvW in GvG was implemented.

Well, for the first few weeks, I’m sure you’d see a noticeable drop in guild attendance.

After that, people would get back at it.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Valik Shin.9027

Valik Shin.9027

First off gw1 had a big gvg following so adding would pull some of them back. Other than pulling a few people out of wvw I don’t see how against could be against this. It would be an additional area that would have no effect on anyone’s game play.

Valik Shin
Darkwood Legion [DARK]
Yak’s Bend

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

An official GvG thing would be sweet, instead of having to set it up ourselves and waste queue slots in the borderlands. (lol who am I kidding we were outmanned during ours)

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Custom arena’s are coming I wonder if that will work for everyone’s need for GvG.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: MartyPartys.9187

MartyPartys.9187

It won’t. the custom arena’s offer 10v10 at max, while most GvGs are 15-25.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: nothing.7941

nothing.7941

Isn’t GvG naturally happening in WvW? I love searching out particular guilds, because I know I’ll have a good fight. Why does there have be a special place?

I kind of agree with this, though a special gvg mode would not bother me one bit.
But I suspect there would be some aspect which would disappoint people asking for it. Just keep doing it in wvw and be glad we can do that.

Martin Firestorm, Borlis Pass
Gaile Gray wrote:
Oh wait, read Martin Firestorm, he says it better…

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

/sign
While I enjoy WvW, the GvG matches are very fun, would be nice to have a place outside of WvW where we can fight it out. Spectator mode will be a MUST.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Reslinal.2359

Reslinal.2359

It won’t. the custom arena’s offer 10v10 at max, while most GvGs are 15-25.

GW1 gvg is only 8 vs 8 though. 10 vs 10 sounds plenty to me, the only problem is the map size maybe too small…

Blackgate Engineer

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Shaojack.3871

Shaojack.3871

GW1 gvg is only 8 vs 8 though. 10 vs 10 sounds plenty to me, the only problem is the map size maybe too small…

10 vs 10 sounds less interesting to me at least.
Also map doesn’t need to be very big, most gvg takes place south of the south supply camp in that open strip. I would like to see a 20-25 option.

Brojack (80 Thief) / Shaojack(80 Warrior) / Shaokuma(80 Guardian) / Shaojax(80 Ranger)

Sanctum of Rall

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Elochai.1280

Elochai.1280

I would like to see a gvg large map fight. Have 5 game categories 5v5, 10v10, 6 teams 10v10v10v10v10v10, 20v20, and 20v20v20. Capture the flag, team death match, capture the point, King of the Hill, Assault. Have 5 general balanced maps. The 6 teams and larger scale fights would be on 5 different maps. Take parts of Tyria that would normal pve through. Maybe change them up a bit. These are parts where most of major race factions don’t control. You could emphasis this is the parts that the guilds fight over. So have a large six way in Queensdale, Plains of Ashford, Metrica Provice, Wafarer Foothills, Caledon Forest. Make it big enough so that running around with the whole guild is not the smartest idea. Hell use the whole zone if you want. Add more zones as they go on. By using similar maps to what they have they don’t have to work too kitten maps. Maybe just change them a bit for the sake of balance. They could choose to make 5 new maps of similar size if they want to.

Maybe for the smaller scale guild fights have them fight in the main cities. Have the city guard evacuate the city population, because a guild fight erupted and they rather not be involved. They could make new maps for this as well or sections of appropriate size for these fights.

This would offer gvg fights as well as depth and choices for these fights. Both small and large guilds could enjoy the system. Maybe for larger guilds there could be a challenge issued in game or through the site that allows the leaders and officers to pick their guild mates as their large team for the fight. This would allow guilds to set a time and queue in their guild mates so that they will be zoned in at the set time.

I think this would be a good way to do it. Most importantly though, I want to see a system that is friendly to both small and large guilds. This kind of system would give a lot of replay value to the game in my opinion.

Elochai Rendar 80 Warrior/Anskar Rendar 80 Necromancer/Rylea Rendar 80 Thief/Kento Rendar 80 Ranger
Commander

(edited by Elochai.1280)

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Lux.9135

Lux.9135

While I did enjoy the GvG in GW1. I cannot say that I really miss it in GW2. I love the unity you feel with your entire server with the WvW maps. But, I can understand how that would be lacking with servers who do not come together as a cohesive unit.

Server: Fort Aspenwood
IGN: Luxit

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Agreed, we really need this… how hard would be it to make something like an SPvP map with more open field? Only difference is it would need to support up to 30v30s, but the spectator and rooms are already in there. (WvW gear/skills though)

As for WvW suffering from it, I don’t think it will be that much different, guilds will still run in WvW, GvGing only would get boring after a while. Only the guilds that GvG right now, with problems of having maps full, or other players interfering would get moved to a separate spot to fight in peace. Also, matches are usually not long, and with a better system to organize, it wouldn’t take too much time from WvW.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

I have no idea why ArenaNet not only hasn’t included this game mode, the very soul of GW1 PVP, but also doesn’t and didn’t even address it (or the demand for it). It’s as if they deem it never even existed. What’s this, Soviet Russia?
The idea behind it is simple. You wouldn’t even have to modify much from the basic GW1 principle. A medium sized map with a medium team size (8-10) with objectives more akin to WvW than sPvP (but instead of dozens of keeps and camps, only one keep containing the Guild Lord and camps as secondary objectives like flag stands on some maps). Seriously, just reuse some WvW skins if that means we will actually get it.
Make it hot-joinable for random teams or not, but the important thing is that the main teams have to be competing guilds – or guild alliances if you ever decide to add that feature.
There’s just no long-term goal for dedicated groups interested in competitive PVP. Yeah you can do three shorts matches of a paid tournament, yay I guess? What about battles that last half hours or longer? A ladder that actually matters?

Please let this be not wasted 5 minutes of my time and give us all some reply.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Assyrian.4827

Assyrian.4827

WvW = GvG

Most of the open field fights are without siege or WvW mechanics.

you have no idea what is GvG.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Mikosan.2187

Mikosan.2187

Isn’t there a Spvp option to make your own arenas and rules up to 8 people? 8v8 was the GvG in Guild Wars 1.

Mass scale GvG is basically doing your WvW fights but not actually WvWing keeping the Q blocked for those that do want to siege. Try to take it to Spvp somehow, can u guest in the mists?

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: kuora.5402

kuora.5402

Isn’t there a Spvp option to make your own arenas and rules up to 8 people? 8v8 was the GvG in Guild Wars 1.

Mass scale GvG is basically doing your WvW fights but not actually WvWing keeping the Q blocked for those that do want to siege. Try to take it to Spvp somehow, can u guest in the mists?

PvP is cross-server, region-separated. I don’t care how GvG was in GW1, in GW2 most GvGs involve more than 15 people in one team.

¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸
[Aia] Amoria- The guild of pleasant love
¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸ ¸ . ø ¤ º ° º ¤ ø . ¸

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Righteous Sen.1053

Righteous Sen.1053

A dedicated GVG is definetely needed.

WVW is neat and all but I really don’t know why people think we dont need a GVG mode. Coming across guilds in WVW and having 1 v 1 Guild Battles on dedicated maps and guild halls is a completely different ball game.

The people who think WVW and GVG are essentially one and the same most likely aren’t into dedicated PVP or a kitten idiots because WVW is more so a game of bandwith, luck and numbers, while 1 Guild vs another Guild with equal numbers is a game of skill 100%

WVW is not really that tactical. mindless lag inducing zergs lose their fun very quickly and it seems like more a WOW mechanic than the PVP in GW1 whch was renowned among MMO’s

Anybody who appreciates just how tactical and fun PVP was in GW1 knows we need dedcated GVG.

While were at it, bring back an Alliance Battle mechanic, or cut WVW numbers and make a maximum number. Alliance Battles (obv. no Kurzick/Luxon factions are evident but could have any random factons) were fun because the maps were detailed, the 12v 12 (or was it 8v8) mechanic meant less zergs, more individual groups for collecting resources etc.

Finally, while I understand why the dev’s did not include so many skills as in GW1 as it would be a nightmare to balance them all in a true open world game such as GW2, what so many players loved about GW1 was the large amount of skills and builds that could be utilised in PVE/PVP. It kept the game fresh, constantly evolving and people like me coming back to the game for 4+ years.

Now you’ve got dudes everywhere running the same kitten builds.

Its almost like ANet watered down the PVP/freedom in skills element of the game and made highly sub-par

Although the game is simply amazing, there is considerable things that can be improved, and i’m glad A-Net is listening to the community and releasing new content at a rapid pace, but i’d rather they focus on things like the above.

(edited by Righteous Sen.1053)

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Righteous Sen.1053

I have no idea why ArenaNet not only hasn’t included this game mode, the very soul of GW1 PVP, but also doesn’t and didn’t even address it (or the demand for it). It’s as if they deem it never even existed. What’s this, Soviet Russia?
The idea behind it is simple. You wouldn’t even have to modify much from the basic GW1 principle. A medium sized map with a medium team size (8-10) with objectives more akin to WvW than sPvP (but instead of dozens of keeps and camps, only one keep containing the Guild Lord and camps as secondary objectives like flag stands on some maps). Seriously, just reuse some WvW skins if that means we will actually get it.
Make it hot-joinable for random teams or not, but the important thing is that the main teams have to be competing guilds – or guild alliances if you ever decide to add that feature.
There’s just no long-term goal for dedicated groups interested in competitive PVP. Yeah you can do three shorts matches of a paid tournament, yay I guess? What about battles that last half hours or longer? A ladder that actually matters?

Please let this be not wasted 5 minutes of my time and give us all some reply.

Agreed, it would not even be an issue to use the same mechanics for tourneys from GW1/GW2 and apply it to GVG and it would be even loss bother to create some Guild Hall maps. why not use some of the skins from GW1 and retouch the gfx on them?

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Irish Cowboy.4153

Irish Cowboy.4153

There’s a great site to organize GvGs. I just don’t think a lot of people know about it. Register your guild and help get this site off the ground.

http://gw2gvg.com/how-does-it-work.php

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: The Goat.1940

The Goat.1940

I have edited the op with this resource, very nice! Although I am disappointed the community has to make their own leader boards for something that should already be incorporated into the game. How can we have a game called Guild Wars 2, without any guild wars? Maybe rename the game World/Server Wars? Anyways lets get some more support for GvG. Anyone have additional resources?

Necrotic Sushi – Necro
Elephant Ambush [EA] , Sea of Sorrows

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Righteous Sen.1053

lets rename it to World of Guilds.

Or Guild Worlds.

Seriously though dedicated GvG and Guild Halls needsto be implemented ASAP please.

The content updates being given so fast is great, but i’d rather you focused more on gameplay fixes and stuff like ded. GVG that should have been in the game upon release.

a Dragon Bash Festival and the other living story will be/are nice for about an hour then you get bored or complete them.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: dargosian.2704

dargosian.2704

There’s a BIG FAT ARENA in the Black Citadel… rotting away…
Anet gods! Use it now for GvG!
That place is massive enough to host even a 30v30 battle… possibly.

Threadmancer, trollgineer, hecklementalist, and warrior. Forum warrior.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: ragas.1843

ragas.1843

Give us the keg brawl arena to do GvG PLEASE i beg you anet

Micro[VcY]call center manager

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: MiLkZz.4789

MiLkZz.4789

How long do we have to sit on our knees begging till you answer our prayers.

Warrior of [VcY], guild from Seafarer’s Rest
First troll to receive 10/10
Best golem driver EU

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Tellerion.8102

Tellerion.8102

plz Anet, plz

~~Ayeres~~

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Wasnt there some mode in GW1 that was GvG? Larger PvP maps, akin to sPvP, that involved a lot more players? Fighting over a small keep or something.

Well, there is always that.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Righteous Sen.1053

^ yes.

Each Guild had their own Guild Hall which was used for Guild members to congregate on a non-GVG basis.

Then you had GvG mode which was 1 Guild v 1 Guild. Basically it was a smaller map version of WvW with two opposing towers and Guild Halls. There were no non-Guild members apart from 1 guest you could have to fill slots.

It is not complicated or particularly time consuming to make, hell, just use the skins from WvW.

Also a GvG tournament viewing and ranking system is necessary and wont be too time consuming to implement, given the framework is already there.

The people saying we dont need 1 v 1 dedicated GvG are complete idiots who probably don’t understand this hardcore pvp concept or are trolling.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Gamadorn.2670

Gamadorn.2670

/sign

Definitely GvG. I know I enjoy WvW and assaulting towers/keeps etc, however GvG’s offer a completely different dynamic and also add some REAL progression. With the RNG right now the only thing we can play for as a server is to progress our rating, which is mostly determined by coverage…there’s no way to unite a whole server and feel a since of progression without going out and recruiting more guilds to your serer…

Dragonbrand
Underwater Operations – [WET]

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Wemil.7052

Wemil.7052

we need GvG’s arenas.

Anet need to start focus more on guilds they are too much focused on pve events and WvW blob styles they do not focus on guild wars 2 they focus on blob wars 2.

they should create Arenas and tournaments for the guilds or this is what gonna happen in few months. Another game is gonna be created it will be a game with some copies of this one it will have same as WvW but they will create Arenas. it has happened before a company have seen a lot whining stuffs missing and copied the idea it will happen again. atm this is blob wars 2 not guild wars 2. get it done.

GvG - Let them eat cake!

in WvW

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

GvG would be really sweet, since Spvp is either death or boring as hell most of the time and WvW is all based on random match ups now, so you either get stop or stomp the other server, loose/loose situation in the end.