GvG SHOWDOWN

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

It’s not making me mad. Just that you’re hating on actual game mechanics to what GvG is supposed to be. I’d agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.

Oh, I’m sorry, I was totally unaware that pr0 GW1 players were the authority on what “GvG is supposed to be”. Nobody on the GvG scene cares to migrate to sPvP for reasons that have been stated roughly one bajillion times. If you want to make your own version of GvG feel free to start, otherwise you’re just getting bothered that someone disagrees with your “right” opinion.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

saiyr.3071

You know full well I’ve done so many times in these threads. I think you’re just kitten anyone who actually gvg’d doesn’t agree with your wannabe watered down imbalanced playstyle.

Oh, so you are full on trolling. Good to know. I have GvG’d and there are a few very old guard GvGers in my guild alone. So you would be incorrect in your trolling assumption.

I would love to see your point of view, but I can’t fit my head that far up my kitten . I’m merely trying to say that you lack any kind of controlled gameplay. You’re actually making a mockery of everyone who has participated because you can’t see skill in a 20v20 button mashing contest. You’re hating on people who actually wish for the real GW2 GvG. I love how you’re actually dissing the mechanics you need to have real balanced GvG.

Oh, you’re Achilles’ friend, I see that from your tag now. Color me unsurprised.

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

something

Quit trying to remake something that was already invented, and not to mention
perfected.

something other

It’s all great except we are not trying to invent or remake anything. For the 1000th and I hope last time:

1. GvG is a generic term. If you don’t like it being used for whatever other than GW1 GvG – deal with it.
  2. There’s no inheritance between “real” GvG and “Nancy”, and we don’t feel like there should be any. GW2 GvG was evolved naturally as a community thing, solution to the problem of wild WvW open field where you control nothing, neither numbers on both sides of the fence, nor any participant behavior. So results of fights in the open always were and still are heavily disputable.
  3. If GW2 GvG will evolve to something else than above – that’s great. But there’s no urgency or necessity in that. Because we are not aspiring to any other game’s any other mode. We just do what we find both fun and competition in. Both in the open and by the mill.
Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

something

Quit trying to remake something that was already invented, and not to mention
perfected.

something other

It’s all great except we are not trying to invent or remake anything. For the 1000th and I hope last time:

1. GvG is a generic term. If you don’t like it being used for whatever other than GW1 GvG – deal with it.
  2. There’s no inheritance between “real” GvG and “Nancy”, and we don’t feel like there should be any. GW2 GvG was evolved naturally as a community thing, solution to the problem of wild WvW open field where you control nothing, neither numbers on both sides of the fence, nor any participant behavior. So results of fights in the open always were and still are heavily disputable.
  3. If GW2 GvG will evolve to something else than above – that’s great. But there’s no urgency or necessity in that. Because we are not aspiring to any other game’s any other mode. We just do what we find both fun and competition in. Both in the open and by the mill.

Ugh, you just had to say “Nancy” and make me laugh. (I did smile irl reading that).

At the end of the day though, in all srs bsns, since GW2 is supposed to be the successor, it isn’t logical to use the name from it’s predecessor’s highest pvp format when the skill gap is as large as it is.

We all know that GW GvG required a much higher level of individual and group skill than any pvp format in GW2. Anet made it that way on purpose to broaden the audience in GW2. A great example is LoL to HoN. HoN is more hardcore / skill reliant, but LoL has a much larger playerbase/audience as it’s easier to pick up and play. We get that. However, it is still a lack of respect for the people who did play and compete for years. It’s like comparing T-ball to the Major leagues.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Would you 2 mind trolling on one of the other bazilion topics hating on GvGs already? This one is for Ogro’s youtube series and discussion related to it, don’t get it closed.

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

saiyr.3071

I’d color you idiotic at this point. Try defending your point as to why I should let you make a mockery of GvG? Number one, Anet won’t let this go on for much longer because you are hindering WvW for other players. And two, I don’t see why being anyone’s friend ensues judgement. At least I have a point.
GvG is a guild versus guild in a CONTROLLED environment within a BALANCED game. I know you all are trying to make it progress, but it’s just not gonna happen until you give credit where credit is due. You can’t have a guild ladder saying one guild is master just because he beat the #2 guild.
I don’t care how or when you use GvG, but as generic term it does state controlled.

I don’t really disagree with you on the ladder point. I agree with the people who say the historical record of fights is the most interesting part. And of course I don’t disagree that GW1 required more skill, especially since GvGs here are larger. I don’t really see why that’s an issue if most of the people here like larger sizes.

Windmill GvG is about as controlled as it can get without venturing into sPvP, which, let’s face it, is a dead horse debate. If sPvP was actually a good game mode then GW2 wouldn’t be a DOA “e-sport”. As for a game being balanced, well, that’s not really up to us.

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

Ugh, you just had to say “Nancy” and make me laugh. (I did smile irl reading that).

And that’s exactly why I used it. Cheers

At the end of the day though, in all srs bsns, since GW2 is supposed to be the successor, it isn’t logical to use the name from it’s predecessor’s highest pvp format when the skill gap is as large as it is.

Maybe, but we really don’t care since it is too freaking generic to feel it’s inappropriate in any way. There’s many illogical things in GW2, starting with it’s name. Yeah, I know, don’t jump on me from all the trees. I know it’s lore thing. Doesn’t make it any more logical though to have basically no PC Guild vs Guild content. So, you know…

We all know that GW GvG required a much higher level of individual and group skill than any pvp format in GW2.

I don’t know that. Simply because I didn’t play GW1. And I. Don’t. Care.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

(edited by Yaro.3251)

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Arya.9021

Arya.9021

I’m just asking you to stop messing with the WvW mechanics for other players. There’s a reason it’s called World vs World instead of Guild vs Guild. Take it to PvP since it actually is Player vs Player instead of Player vs Player vs Environment. I may not support your ways of GvG, but stop screwing with actual gameplay for the rest of the players. There’s a reason they came out with solo arenas. Pit your button mashing skills against each other in there instead of WvW.
There’s a reason for tPvP, and as to why Anet is making it their little “child” in this game. WHy do you think they pit groups of alleged “guild” members against each other to get signed off by real Esports sponsors? I really don’t care as to how you all view GvG in GW2, but at least take it to PvP.

Arya- Zero Quality [zQ]-Guild Wars
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege.

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Arya.9021

I’m sorry if I sound condescending again, Saiyr, but the topic of this thread was entitled “GvG Showdown”; therefore, I can pretty much voice an opinion over the internet about GvG. I mean it is the internet, yanno? You would experience what GW2 meant to be GvG in their new arenas, since it’s PvP and all, AND you wouldn’t deny people their points in WvW.

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Wompage.4586

Wompage.4586

if we could all do our best to not get Ogro’s thread locked, that would be great

Soulorai – http://www.youtube.com/soulorai
[Scnd][RG][TUP]

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

I’m sorry if I sound condescending again, Saiyr, but the topic of this thread was entitled “GvG Showdown”; therefore, I can pretty much voice an opinion over the internet about GvG. I mean it is the internet, yanno? You would experience what GW2 meant to be GvG in their new arenas, since it’s PvP and all, AND you wouldn’t deny people their points in WvW.

say that when 40 slot arenas are available for purchase, then maybe people would listen.

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Arya.9021

Show some respect yourself. It’s called an opinion for a reason, and show some respect for our WvW content.

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

if we could all do our best to not get Ogro’s thread locked, that would be great

^ This please.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Motoko.2875

Motoko.2875

Arya, Achilles, stop please. Everyone else should stop engaging with them. Waste of time. Both of you learned how to criticize. Congrats. Your opinion is there for everyone to see, now leave the thread. This space is being used for a community that you did not join. Show some respect.

I don’t want to read your bullkitten. I want to see GvG content.

This post has so many hypocritical comments its laughable.

Their opinion is valid just as much as yours if not even more so. This is a Guild Wars 2 community, they both have accounts, they must have joined the community at some point. (Don’t try and use the “I meant our specific fantasy bad ‘GvG’ community” as a defense – Why? What was it you said… Oh right. “Show some respect.” Two way street pal. Excluding people isn’t exactly respectful either.)

“I don’t want to read your bullkitten” – See respect comment.

What you are doing is not “GvG”. It is organized WvW at best. Don’t be disheartened when that gets pointed out to you.

(Guild versus Guild, also known as GvG or Guild Battle, is a strategic form of PvP which matches two teams of eight players from different guilds against each other in the Guild Halls.)

“I want to see GvG.”

Enjoy it. The above video is what this community wants and what ANet has failed to figure out that they need to bring back.

IGN: Motoko, Motoko Kai, Gladiator Motoko – Zero Quality [zQ], [LaG], [USA]

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

I really don’t care as to how you all view GvG in GW2, but at least take it to PvP.

The PvP ruleset is limiting, and to be frank, boring. I am open for a GvG environment with open world rules, food, and equipment choices because it is far less limiting and far more dynamic than what is currently in sPvP.

5v5 has a dynamic that is different than 10v10 and 20v20…. They are different types of game play. Calling 20v20 button spammers/mashers has about as much validity as calling 5v5 button spammers/mashers. It is childish and immature. There is a reason some teams almost never lose in sPvP, and it is the exact same reason some guilds almost never lose in GvG.

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

(Guild versus Guild, also known as GvG or Guild Battle, is a strategic form of PvP which matches two teams of eight players from different guilds against each other in the Guild Halls.)

As defined by whom? Somebody’s misconceived notion from other games?

8v8 originated in DAOC and that game had vastly more levels of complexity than this game can ever hope to have unless the entire thing is rewritten from the ground up. Claiming superiority for this watered/dumbed down game that appeals to the lowest common denominator is silly.

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

This is GW2, not GW1 obviously, and not everybody played GW1.

GW2 may be based on it, but it’s not GW1. You elitists can fondly recall it and try to draw comparisons, but it won’t matter. This community wants to do these things and don’t have the support of Anet yet.

I for one could not care any less about GW1 or the people that played it. I play GW2, and I want to fight other guilds in my pve gear, not mist gear, or with mist rules.

You and Achillies can complain, but you’re living in the past. Build a bridge and GET OVER IT.

Like others have said, this thread is for the GVG players of GW2. You old timers have made your points, but that should be it. The community that wants this will continue to drown you out.

NOW, lets get back on topic!

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Aphix.9846

Aphix.9846

Sorry, you have clearly mistaken GW2 for another completely different game that is GW1, it is alright tho, happens a lot :]

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

Just report the people disrupting this thread and move on.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: mekkanic.4759

mekkanic.4759

Any other gw2 gvg matches going on that we should be aware of this week on the EU side? I know scnd and votf had a match (good match btw!!)….any others?

[Agg] ression

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

saiyr.3071

Now keep calm and carry on, k?

I’m afraid this will only be possible with an Ogre soundboard. Seriously.

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

Sorry…agree Ogre. Reported the offending posts and moving on.

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Wompage.4586

Wompage.4586

If we call it GaG (Guild against Guild) will you be happy?

Soulorai – http://www.youtube.com/soulorai
[Scnd][RG][TUP]

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

problematic.9623

If we call it GaG (Guild against Guild) will you be happy?

I support this idea. Works for me.

Phun – Guardian

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

problematic.9623

So, Ogre. I saw the VoTF vs Scnd video on youtube. Is that going into espisode 6?

Phun – Guardian

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Sorry…agree Ogre. Reported the offending posts and moving on.

You’re just reporting ALL of our posts. Trolling us for not agreeing with you is inflammatory.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Ogre.1750

Ogre.1750

So, Ogre. I saw the VoTF vs Scnd video on youtube. Is that going into espisode 6?

Aye, i was actually at a party, but i couldnt enjoy myself thinking on all the work i had left Getting into it now… Its gonna be juicy and packed this week guys! Trying to get some interviews in but sneaky RLs are sneaky :/

Red Guard™ thug for life — GvG SHOWDOWN host
https://www.youtube.com/user/KAZOgre

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Arya.9021

Condescend me so hard. <—- constructive criticism. Go ahead and delete my right to speech.

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: WastedPenguinz.7289

WastedPenguinz.7289

Please keep this forum clean guys, ogro is doing alot of work for us. It’s a big show, why ruin it? Now get on with the action, Ogro when can we expect ur next gvg showdown?

[Scnd] ‘13 ~ Smoking Weed, Scnd Rocks 4 ever.
[BuLL] ’13-’14 ~ Forever in my mind, only you.

GvG SHOWDOWN

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Because this thread has gotten off track and out of hand, it is now locked. If you choose to continue this topic in a new thread, please report all posts that are in violation of the forum code of conduct and do not engage with people attempting to elicit a response.

Please allow the moderators to do their job to avoid having the thread locked again.