GvG in WvW

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

So I’ve witnessed this a few times. Guilds doing GvG in the middle of WvW maps at peak hours and insulting people who are not from their guild who dare to join the fight. Generally they retire from battle and let you die while watching and insulting you.

They say it’s not honorable. They say we’re interfering with their GvG.
We say if they wanted to do GvG, they could have gone to obsidian sanctum, and therefore not take spots on the maps where we’re trying to earn points for our world, or at least go to a place where people usually don’t go. Then they just insult anybody who doesn’t “understand” them.

Seriously, what’s up with that?

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: NotOprah.9083

NotOprah.9083

You tell me “what’s up with that”. You who would rather spend hours upon hours siege humping water gate garrison, walking dolyaks to and from structures, spending gold on upgrades…. all for what? A few rank up chests at the end of the week? THAT’S what you’re spending all that time for? I will never understand people who ENJOY this dumb thing you call “PPT”.

Next time you ask “what’s up with that”. You tell me which sounds more fun. Farming points for your server so you can say that you won? (Ironically since it sounds like your playing NA timezone you’re contribution means almost NOTHING since only the off hours decide who wins PPT) Or would you rather test your fighting skills that you’ve honed and been training since you first picked up the game against some of the best players in the game?

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

You tell me “what’s up with that”. You who would rather spend hours upon hours siege humping water gate garrison, walking dolyaks to and from structures, spending gold on upgrades…. all for what? A few rank up chests at the end of the week? THAT’S what you’re spending all that time for? I will never understand people who ENJOY this dumb thing you call “PPT”.

Next time you ask “what’s up with that”. You tell me which sounds more fun. Farming points for your server so you can say that you won? (Ironically since it sounds like your playing NA timezone you’re contribution means almost NOTHING since only the off hours decide who wins PPT) Or would you rather test your fighting skills that you’ve honed and been training since you first picked up the game against some of the best players in the game?

You COMPLETELY missed the entire point of this thread.

The OP isn’t asking why people do GvG at all. They’re asking why people who do GvG are such kittens.

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: NonToxic.9185

NonToxic.9185

The OP isn’t asking why people do GvG at all. They’re asking why people who do GvG are such kittens.

Gang mentality, being in the gang makes you better than everyone who isn’t. This perception is reinforced by all fellow gang members.

EDIT: Check the points that apply to the guilds on your server!
http://www.hamiltonpolice.on.ca/HPS/Crime+Prevention/Gangs/gangmentality.htm

(edited by NonToxic.9185)

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

by ‘in the middle of peak maps’

do you mean

literally in the middle

like, in where you get the Bloodlust buff?

srs tho sometimes Obsidian Sanctum is already in use

Nalhadia – Kaineng

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

Because people interfere with them? Seriously people troll and go into GvGs to be kittens because we are taking up spots in the map, but all they are doing is extending our stay by AT LEAST a half minute, upwards of 3 minutes a time for each time you interrupt a GvG.

To the questions of why we dont ALWAYS go to Obsidian Sanctum? Because there may be another GvG going on there perhaps? and if you and another guild on your server or 2 guilds scheduled a GvG at the same time and day as you, you are forced to go to a different map (As most GvGs take place on Wed/Thurs. When the match is ALL READY DECIDED).

ANet not supporting, and only mildly— extremely mildly recognizing GvG is an ongoing thing makes planning around each other pretty much impossible with 3 servers and 5+ guilds each server in T3+ that do GvG.

But seriously If there isnt anyone on OS, you can always kindly ask them to relocate and most guilds wont mind doing so as OS is a better place then the BL maps.

Isle Of Janthir

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: ArkAngel.7940

ArkAngel.7940

LOL, looks like you got your answer right there. The trash has spoken.

Henge of Denravi [HoD]
The best player in the game
“I’m better than all of you!”

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Just gvg at the obsidian sanctum, you guys cried over and over for having a specific place to do that and anet made it for ya guys. Stop whining about people interfering a gvg in a wvw map.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

people go into wvw maps to do crafting too, obviously it’s intended as there are crafting stations there.

people will play the game how they want, if you want to interrupt a gvg, then you are doing exactly the same thing you’re speaking out against.

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kuper.2641

Kuper.2641

Most Guilds would rather go OS for the bloodlust buff being removed but for doing a GvG in a Borderland;

Reasons are usually either one of the Guilds have a Queue on the current map and if one guild leaves to OS for ~30 minutes for some GvG Scrims they wont be able to re-enter the Borderland. So for ~30 minutes in a ~4 Hour Raid night, it’s not worth it for a Queue afterwards.

Either way, In my opinion that Guild is occupying another Guild from the precious PPT for that time anyway, so it evens out. Most Guilds who GvG are somewhat decent in open field fights and having a GvG can allow other smaller groups freedom to play without getting destroyed by this enemy guild group.

Most people forget that these Guilds who do GvGs are in WvW more often than most other players 4-7 days a week for hours on end, even though they aren’t a PPT focused guild, they will still capture and prevent capture of objectives which indirectly contribute to your PPT, so allowing a break from that for a GvG in a Borderland for ~30 minutes should be forgiven.

The bad attitude from that particular guild is not from all GvG Guilds, watching others die will happen and does happen anyway with commanders (people not in TS running ahead) so its no different from that.

[VII] Seventh Legion
Ex-Guild/Raid Leader/Commander
www.seventhlegion.net

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

it really doesn’t matter. NA WvW/GvG is dead anyway, the number of guilds left that are worth fighting you can count on one hand. And don’t be ridiculous “not take spots on the maps where we’re trying to earn points for our world, or at least go to a place where people usually don’t go” in T2 where all of the serious GvG guilds are there are no queues for the BL maps where most guilds go to find what little fights are left to be found.

You know “what’s up with that” is that this is how those people have fun. No one is forcing you to join in. If you don’t like it then go and do something else. There are no “spots being taken up” because this game is dead. But don’t worry, the whole focus on GvG and fights is for the most part dead, so I doubt you will see these people for much longer.

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

Ragers for GvG and GvG ragers. All of you have to much ego. Relax over something that doesn’t matter either way :P

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

GvGers want to test themselves, and random people running into the GvG skews the results of the fight.

They want to work together more effectively, and while it’s nice that observers want to have a bag or two off the sweat of their hard work, they’ve got a lot invested in their fights (AKA their reputation), while observers just have a bag to get.

As mentioned above there are many times when they cant go to OS because of scheduling – there are a lot of guilds, and they want to fight each other.. IF you’ve ever had to rent equipment that is in extremely high demand then you know that scheduling can be a problem.

GvG guilds go to extraordinary lengths to custom tailor every build, every trinket, every trait, and their zerg composition to dominate in – and this is the important part – AN EVEN NUMBERED FIGHT

SO

that is what’s up with GVGers being a kitten to you when you try to freeload off their kills, and their synergy.

GvG in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Because GvG and WvW players cannot have a discussion without it turning to insults and attacks, GvG threads are not allowed on the WvW subforum. If you wish to discuss participating in a GvG, please use the In-game events subforum.