GvG is Lame ArenaNet please discourage this.

in WvW

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

if you have server A and B doing 20v20 on Server B Server C says oh look we can queue the map and outnumber Server B and take all of their Towers and Keeps.

Server C has a 20 man advantage (at least, remember the spectators of Server A and B.)

Server B loses Garrison, Server B gets the map queued to Defend whats left.

Server B has 40 people vs 60 because 20 people think it’s cool to GvG in WvW.

That map flips due to self serving nooblets that don’t know what WvW is and think they are in GW1.

been there done that, seen it happen. and it is only going to get worse.

ANET Please Stop the Madness!

Sincerly, Me.

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

Move to T1 NA, its full of people like you.

you’ll fight right in!!!!

in WvW

Posted by: Wompage.4586

Wompage.4586

Yeah!

I hate so much when I see people in “guilds” having fun with their “guild” Why can’t they just all stick on the commander? Or sit on a treb/ac with the rest of us?
I don’t understand why people bother testing their guild strength against other guilds. Everyone knows the best way to win the PPT war is to just walk round as one big unit.
Most of all I hate people having fun.
Anet plz discourage fun.

Soulorai – http://www.youtube.com/soulorai
[Scnd][RG][TUP]

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

It’s pretty easy to siege up and defend with 40v60. Maybe you should figure that part out.

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

You realize that all three servers have people showing up to participate in and spectate that GvG, right?

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Odinzu.9645

Odinzu.9645

Shouldn’t you be encouraging them to make an arena to fit both sides of the issue’s interest? Or is it because you are afraid to lose a few hours every week to wvw guilds b/c there is gvg?

GvG is the only reason a lot of my guild members are still around, myself included.

Helps to fight the burn out. Look at TC MAG DB score. Its either we win like this, or get stomped like this.

I dont mind losing but as TC, we can only to lose in t1, which is just blobby lag fights 80% of the time… it isn’t fun.

I’ve looked at both sides of the argument here. Maybe you should too.

Odinzu [EP]
Thug life

in WvW

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Generally speaking the GvG would happen on server C borderland (closest spawn), so it’s not a problem.

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

in WvW

Posted by: Obscure One.4357

Obscure One.4357

I play for fun. Not for PPT.

Fighting solo, small groups, and mid size groups in the open field is all I enjoy doing. Zerg vs Zerg in massive battles is not fun as it only ends with me violently pressing 1 because skill lag has disabled the rest of my skills. Playing who has the best auto-attacks is not my idea of a good time, but Arena Net has no idea how to fix a problem inherent to their game engine, so I GvG.

Since they randomized the matchups, winning a matchup is mostly just a mater of how many lower tier servers your up against, effectively removing any pride one may have obtained in beating evenly matched competition. GvG allows me to retain that level of pride in the abilities of myself and those who I have the privilege of sharing a guild and server with.

Base psychology dictates if a person is unfulfilled they with naturally seek fulfillment. Don’t blame me for the WvW devs failing Psych 101.

Circumventing profanity filters one kitten at a time.

in WvW

Posted by: Furiousbeard.7602

Furiousbeard.7602

90% Of the time server A and B will GVG on server C’s bl.

This makes it easier for server C to defend their home BL since A and B will gave less people capturing objectives.

Think about it.

Also, GvG players want Anet to create an arena for fights so it doesn’t interfere with the wvw lovers. Maybe you should help with that instead of trying to be negative.

FA Soldier of Fortune – Flashypants (20,078 WvW kills) http://m.youtube.com/user/Duppa81
Roamer: 99.99% BLs / 0.01% EB

(edited by Furiousbeard.7602)

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

Blobbing is lame and anet should discourage that!!

actual competitive GvG should be encouraged

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Siege is lame, ANET please delete it.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Posted by: Convenant.7092

Convenant.7092

PPT is lame, ANET, please delete it.

in WvW

Posted by: problematic.9623

problematic.9623

Yeah!

I hate so much when I see people in “guilds” having fun with their “guild” Why can’t they just all stick on the commander? Or sit on a treb/ac with the rest of us?
I don’t understand why people bother testing their guild strength against other guilds. Everyone knows the best way to win the PPT war is to just walk round as one big unit.
Most of all I hate people having fun.
Anet plz discourage fun.

Discourage fun? Mission accomplished.

Signed,
Phun

Phun – Guardian
I renounce my hibernation and return.
Sea of Sorrows survivor – Currently on Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: NornBearPig.9814

NornBearPig.9814

If you don’t like GvG then you should run your zerg over to their GvGs and farm them. Then they will qq louder and Anet will give them their own arena and everyone will be happy.

in WvW

Posted by: Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

Luiz Swordbreaker.6547

If you don’t like GvG then you should run your zerg over to their GvGs and farm them. Then they will qq louder and Anet will give them their own arena and everyone will be happy.

Ya, you do that..please do that..last couple times I’ve seen any noobs try to zerg a GvG down, they ended up getting wiped by the 2 teams that combined would have less of half the zerglings numbers

[Scnd] Use Your Illusion

in WvW

Posted by: lioka qiao.8734

lioka qiao.8734

WvW is lame. ANET delete it and focus on the Living Story more!

Little red Lioka

in WvW

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Ya, you do that..please do that..last couple times I’ve seen any noobs try to zerg a GvG down, they ended up getting wiped by the 2 teams that combined would have less of half the zerglings numbers

coughJQcough

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

in WvW

Posted by: Wompage.4586

Wompage.4586

Ask Augury Rock how that just went for them…

Soulorai – http://www.youtube.com/soulorai
[Scnd][RG][TUP]

in WvW

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

GvG was by far the most iconic feature of GW1, not sure why Anet thought they could just pretend like it never existed when they made GW2. Unless they were going after a completely different audience that just likes running dungeons and chasing carrots… hmmm.

in WvW

Posted by: Parthis.2091

Parthis.2091

GvG is pretty much the only decent thing to do in WvW at the moment.

Don’t worry though OP, you and your kind get some fancy pants Treb mastery soon, yeah boi.

Commander Amayasu Gerani, Guardian.
Leader of [JDGE] on Gandara EU.
A GW2 API for Objective-C – http://tinyurl.com/durmandpriory

in WvW

Posted by: Arya.9021

Arya.9021

GvG is a PvP experience. Take it to PvP. Quit hindering other player’s WvW experiences with your wannabe sPvP. I’m sure Anet is moving slowly towards a GvG gameplay, but for now, please stop letting fanboys mess with WvW.
I know you GvG fanboys are trying to make a name for your guild in GW2 while the game is still watered down, but please, just stop. GvG needs an objective other than button mashing one target down at a time. This game is still not balanced, and definitely not in WvW where you still can have buffs. There’s a reason Anet made new custom arenas.

Arya- Zero Quality [zQ]-Guild Wars
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but you abuse the privilege.

in WvW

Obscure One.4357

Yes come fight the best open field and well organized members of the match up while were in our element. There’s no way that could end poorly for them…

GvG is a PvP experience. Take it to PvP. Quit hindering other player’s WvW experiences with your wannabe sPvP. I’m sure Anet is moving slowly towards a GvG gameplay, but for now, please stop letting fanboys mess with WvW.
I know you GvG fanboys are trying to make a name for your guild in GW2 while the game is still watered down, but please, just stop. GvG needs an objective other than button mashing one target down at a time. This game is still not balanced, and definitely not in WvW where you still can have buffs. There’s a reason Anet made new custom arenas.

sPvP is a joke. WvW has gone stale with no additional content, bug fixes, refinements, or develpment of the game mode, so we the players invented our own game mode since the dev team is too incompetent to do so for us.

(edited by Obscure One.4357)

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

GvG was by far the most iconic feature of GW1, not sure why Anet thought they could just pretend like it never existed when they made GW2. Unless they were going after a completely different audience that just likes running dungeons and chasing carrots… hmmm.

They mentioned during the BWE testing that guild halls would be introduced at some point, and I would imagine they’d offer GvG then too, similar to how it was in GW1. It’s on their radar, just when is not clear.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Arya.9021

Yes come fight the best open field and well organized members of the match up while were in our element. There’s no way that could end poorly for them…

sPvP is a joke. WvW has gone stale with no additional content, bug fixes, refinements, or develpment of the game mode, so we the players invented our own game mode since the dev team is too incompetent to do so for us.

You may have “invented” you’re own content, but it’s messing with the actual gameplay that Anet intended.

in WvW

Posted by: Benjamin.6235

Benjamin.6235

You may have “invented” you’re own content, but it’s messing with the actual gameplay that Anet intended.

What gameplay? I haven’t seen much in WvW beyond mass zerging in a while and Anet has stated over and over that they didn’t intend that and want to discourage that. They even said a ways back the best way to play would be to have three or so groups of 25 roaming around doing things. So let me see … in a GvG we have two opposing groups of around that number fighting each other. That sounds pretty intended. It’s not our fault that Anet is bad at design and can’t figure out how to encourage the zergs to play more like us.

[DERP] – Maguuma

in WvW

Obscure One.4357

Think about that for a moment. What does that say about ANet’s intended design?

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

Who gives a kitten about ANet’s intended design when it’s boring as kitten anyway? Games evolve and design visions change, as any veteran MMO player should know. GvG evolved out of burn out from stale WvW gameplay. Since a large part of an MMO’s success is meeting player’s desires with content and mechanics they enjoy, it’d be foolish of any company to ignore or squash the growing demand for GvG.

in WvW

Arya.9021

You really have no respect for people whom actually want to play a game. GvG is a PvP structure. Take it there you fanboys.

in WvW

Posted by: Brando.1374

Brando.1374

You really have no respect for people whom actually want to play a game. GvG is a PvP structure. Take it there you fanboys.

so in other words you dont want to fight players you want to just fight gates and guards…got it.

Xxkakarot [GF] Good Fights
Dark Wizard Incar [GF] Good Fights
http://www.twitch.tv/xxkakarot

in WvW

Posted by: Achilles.2197

Achilles.2197

Define respect? When/where did you earn it in GW2?

Who wants to play the game as intended? You?

What else do you have for us to lampoon?

You’re not providing constructive feedback. Therefore, this post shall be deleted.

Âchillæs – Jade Quarry – GvG’ing before you knew what it was

in WvW

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

If people want to GvG, let them.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Isn’t anet discouraging GvG already by not implenting an instance to do so? There’s a reason why people rather move to a place, far away from objectives connected with the points. It’s getting boring, GvG is the only thing that keeps WvW alive.

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Maybe you should be blaming Anet here, now I realise thakittens hard to believe guilds would want to fight one another in a game called Guild Wars 2. Maybe, just maybe, they should have had enough common sence to figure this one out on their own.

A GvG enviroment should have been in place before ANY other PvP/WvW/SPvP/TPvP, based on what the game was suppose to be about since the release of GW1.

Basically don’t cry and blame the players, its pretty self centered to expect them to play the way you want them to play imo, at least they don’t come here and cry that your not participating in their GvG matches.

in WvW

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is not inviting to constructive and healthy discussion, nor contributing to the current issues & concerns, it is now locked.

Thank you for your understanding.