Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Bunzy.8674

Bunzy.8674

Thieves
Mesmers
D/D Elementalists

if you aren’t any of these classes you are going to have a very hard time in WvW.
Id say in about 2-3 months time, these are the only classes you will see in WvW due to them being far superior over everything else. I have already started noticing an increase in 3 classes over everything else.

Bunzy – I’m a mother father gentleman
Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: MistyMountains.3751

MistyMountains.3751

…are u trying to talk about Spvp…because thats completely off for wvw lol…Staff ele/Rangers/Necros play much bigger parts then anything u mentioned, as well as guardians…Only thing mesmer is good for in wvw are portals

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

…are u trying to talk about Spvp…because thats completely off for wvw lol…Staff ele/Rangers/Necros play much bigger parts then anything u mentioned, as well as guardians…Only thing mesmer is good for in wvw are portals

Apart from the fact as soon as them classes run into anyone they will die.. you probably should of mentioned that.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

Chuckles*
Keep telling that to yourself.

I´m sure the guardians and warriors i roll with are more than happy to tell you that they disagree while scraping the remains of an arrogant dubble d ele from their boots.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

2 of our Mesmers are currently playing Warriors most of the time, and feeling useful

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

WvW is not bout 1v1

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: yiishing.9057

yiishing.9057

Be creative. Like these guys ^.^
http://youtu.be/EBe4i_uq890

Good Old Days [GD] - Disturbed Squad [DISS]
http://de.twitch.tv/yiillusion

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Dalure.4691

Dalure.4691

I dont agree with the OP. I am an engineer and i kitten all…..that is how Arenaet designed all proffesions…got their ups and downs…..and i mean every class has them….i feel overpowered when i play a engineer but thats becus i feel i can play that one the best.
Only thing you can say is for WvW if you can do AOE damage to the max….you got a good lead in damage in groups.

/Peace

WvW Commander of Piken Square
Guild: ForsakenGamers (FG)

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Rhyis.7058

Rhyis.7058

OP should stop thinking WvW is solo play.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

These professions account for some of the worst WvW players actually. They may be good for 1v1, but that doesn’t really contribute much to WvW, taking objectives or winning a match.

Other professions with group/team specs are often helping the objective of gamemode far more than many thieves, mesmers and tank eles, who just want to screw around looking for 1v1s.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Mookis.7032

Mookis.7032

classes are fine, imo; the only thing i’m waiting for is a wonderful thief nerf, #2 spamming neanderthals is nice when u catch them; atleast the idiots of course.. but the culling/rendering issue for mass wvw and cloak & dagger/blinding powder/shadow refuge spamming neanderthals, running away mid combat and possibly thinking they harness skill due to the fact that #2 can be utilized for spamming 5-10k+ dmg depending on spec, also used for running like a fairy, gap closers etc… now before commenting i have a thief 80 and i can do the same thing, have 4 sets of gear for all specs and i do the same thing when i want to troll. Yet Justifiably is that valid? no it’s unjust and very simplistic.. want to realign some thieves fix the culling/rendering, and if they would like to spam moves 2-3+ times put a darn “diminishing return,” on these cornballs including myself for that fact, moves that emit massive dps while allowing them to escape with leisure and tank an entire zerg while just sitting their eating cookies.. come on folks..

anyhows, any other class i could careless about, d/d ele remove their boons, toss condi on them and watch them wither, Mesmer’s, look for the neanderthal spamming 2-4 or dodging not hard, thieves running like a fairy, use channeled moves on them stealth doesn’t prevent it lol.. got a idiot for 15k KS, thought he was hot with his p/d build.. and yes KS needs to be adjusted to..

Nuff said!

Mook. SBI

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Ekove.4586

Ekove.4586

Umm…staff ele’s and rangers can take siege off walls, necro’s are the best class at defending, guardians have great utility for the team…and rifle warriors straight up dish the most ranged damage (single target at least, AoE would again, go for necro).

So I dont see your point…? And WvW is so laid back that people enjoy playing what they enjoy….Look at mesmers before portals got nerfed and before phantasms didn’t need line of sight, they had 2 extremely strong WvW mechanics that are completely unique to that class, yet they were by no means the most popular class. And they still have a lot of unique extremely strong WvW mechanics that are also not just stronger than other classes, but completely unique….I don’t see many mesmers still.

Thieves though, will ALWAYS be a popular PvP class in any game.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Mik Hell.8206

Mik Hell.8206

These professions account for some of the worst WvW players actually. They may be good for 1v1, but that doesn’t really contribute much to WvW, taking objectives or winning a match.

Other professions with group/team specs are often helping the objective of gamemode far more than many thieves, mesmers and tank eles, who just want to screw around looking for 1v1s.

I disagree, I think that any profession has its use in WvW: Thieves are great scouts and dolyaks killers, Mesmers have some of the best group utilities of the game (not only portal) and D/D Elementalists are great at “pushing” in an open field battle while still contributing to sieges thanks to staff and the use of a focus to defend friendly sieges.

It’s the person behind that character which makes the difference between being “useless” and contributing to your server’s victory.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

I disagree, I think that any profession has its use in WvW: Thieves are great scouts and dolyaks killers, Mesmers have some of the best group utilities of the game (not only portal) and D/D Elementalists are great at “pushing” in an open field battle while still contributing to sieges thanks to staff and the use of a focus to defend friendly sieges.

It’s the person behind that character which makes the difference between being “useless” and contributing to your server’s victory.

I agree, I’m not saying its the professions themselves that are worth less, but only the players who play them with mindset to just be a roamer because they are good (or OP take your pick) in 1v1 engagements.

Not that sole players can’t have a purpose, killing Yaks, soloing camps, or scouting. I do these things as a Necro even, but for people who just wander around busy byways looking for duels, its not accomplishing much for the team. And they have a mode for that called sPvP.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

if you aren’t any of these classes you are going to have a very hard time in WvW

you or dont know much www, or you spend this 2-3 months for nothing there, or you know nothing about the rest of the clases.
did you know grenade engeniers are best to clear out walls? better then your ele? or what a warrior can do? or a guardian shield blocking an entire zerg at the door? I’m sure other ppl will give you far more examples then this.

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

As a thief I’ve gotta disagree with this. Sure I can go around scouting out enemy zergs and other minor objectives. But for big things like seiges, my lack of ground targetted AoEs leaves me unable to make a noticable contribution of the fight.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

D/D ele only job is scare PUG zerg away.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Strang.8170

Strang.8170

It does a marvelous job at that though…all that lightning, fire and ground shaking…they flee before noticing that 90% of their healthbar is still there.

Dr.Strang E – Nameless veterans (NV) – Gandara (EU)
[ ex- Piken Square (EU), ex- Aurora Glade (EU) ]

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Aysnvaust.7046

Aysnvaust.7046

Bunzy, your list is incomplete.
But no worries, I can help you out, just add:

Warriors
Necros
Guardians

and you are good to go.

Poke Menot
Asura Thief
Elona Reach

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: spiritus.7983

spiritus.7983

I tought they are to look sexy

Evil, GH -Charr rule.
A Skritt is dumb. A group of Skritt are smart.
A Human is smart. A group of Humans are idiots.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

The original post shows someone that doesn’t run in organised WvW where the role is more important than indidivudal Pew Pew.

People that are scouting or protecting dollies, etc might do well to have a 1v1 loadout but otherwise I don’t agree with the original post at all.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

Matter of opinion

My ranger loses only a small number of his 1v1 fights.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Porky.5021

Porky.5021

The best thing about this WvWvW setup is that anyone can contribute. Literally anyone in the game can step into WvWvW and contribute in some way if they want to.

Overlord Of [NAKY]
SOS Spy Team Commander [SPY]

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Khanswrath.1032

Khanswrath.1032

Bunzy (in a nutshell)

Hates Thieves
Hates downed state
Will post about the same subject just to see the same responses because he loves the attention

I already know what any thread you start on these forums is going to have in it before I open it. I fail to see how posts like this one help the community address issues. If you have a concern over class representation in WvW ask for numbers. Making a statement doesn’t make it true no matter how much you want it to be. I for one have not seen any more increase in those particular classes in WvW.

Khanswrath-80 Thief [ODN]
“Do not argue with an idiot.
He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience. "

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Zid.4196

Zid.4196

Let’s point the obvious: what classes are best in WvW depends on the time. Zerg prime time is one thing. Dead nighttime is another. Objectives can trade hands anytime.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: DivineBeing.2086

DivineBeing.2086

Haha! That’s funny OP xD.

Seriously though, roll with PINK from TC for a while and you will see how necros can turn the tides of war alone

Let’s just say a group of 4 to 5 necros can wipe a 30 man zerg within seconds.

Mesmer is the anti-elementalist class, if they can play their class right. Here is a hint, it hurts to cause damage to ourselves.

Blackgate
Lightdivinity – Level 80 Bunker Elementalist
Reshaos – Level 80 Power Necromancer

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

Haha! That’s funny OP xD.

Seriously though, roll with PINK from TC for a while and you will see how necros can turn the tides of war alone

Let’s just say a group of 4 to 5 necros can wipe a 30 man zerg within seconds.

Mesmer is the anti-elementalist class, if they can play their class right. Here is a hint, it hurts to cause damage to ourselves.

I think PINK from TC should come to either maguuma or ehmry bay and see how long there 4-5 necros last.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

Bunzy (in a nutshell)

Hates Thieves
Hates downed state
Will post about the same subject just to see the same responses because he loves the attention

I already know what any thread you start on these forums is going to have in it before I open it. I fail to see how posts like this one help the community address issues. If you have a concern over class representation in WvW ask for numbers. Making a statement doesn’t make it true no matter how much you want it to be. I for one have not seen any more increase in those particular classes in WvW.

I post about the same issues because until it gets fixed it is hindering gameplay. Anet need to realise the issues so they can fix them, I am helping the community.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Mik Hell.8206

Mik Hell.8206

I agree, I’m not saying its the professions themselves that are worth less, but only the players who play them with mindset to just be a roamer because they are good (or OP take your pick) in 1v1 engagements.

Not that sole players can’t have a purpose, killing Yaks, soloing camps, or scouting. I do these things as a Necro even, but for people who just wander around busy byways looking for duels, its not accomplishing much for the team. And they have a mode for that called sPvP.

I see, I misunderstood your previous post, I thought you mean the opposite

As a thief I’ve gotta disagree with this. Sure I can go around scouting out enemy zergs and other minor objectives. But for big things like seiges, my lack of ground targetted AoEs leaves me unable to make a noticable contribution of the fight.

Each profession has its use as I said earlier, some excel at open field warfare, some are walking siege engines and oter are best suited for behind the enemy lines attacks

No profession can excel at everything, they all have pros and cons.

I don’t want to turn this into a Mesmers vs Elementalists flame, but usualy D/D have a lot of condition removal, I fail to see how they could kill themselves because of confusion…

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Akumu.7238

Akumu.7238

WvW in a nutshell: Zerg it real good!

Classes do not matter in WvW. Only +1… If Anet adds more depth to WvW, then more factors will outweigh the current +1 focus.

@Mik Hell

Most eles spam a lot of abilities before they realize they are killing themselves. They do a lot of damage to themselves in the process. Especially if the mesmer is good at stacking confusion.

I don’t wanna live a thousand years. If I just live through today, that’ll be enough.

(edited by Akumu.7238)

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Brendar.3548

Brendar.3548

I think PINK from TC should come to either maguuma or ehmry bay and see how long there 4-5 necros last.

Check the WvW tiers. TC is in T3, they know their stuff, I’m from FA, and I have seen their necros take down our zergs, towers, etc. Every class is useful, it’s just all about the person playing the toon.

Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

Ever played a Guardian? They’re pretty cool.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Setsunayaki.4907

Setsunayaki.4907

Condition Damage Necros are Devastating in WvW. Guardians with Wall of Reflection are amazing. Its true Mesmers are the top class there hands down. D/D Elementalists actually take some skill to play and players have to turn off a lot of targeting features or their escape skills will get them killed.

Example if Ride The Lightning, if you have autotargetting on, it will lock on to nearest enemy, meaning it will get you killed upon usage rather than actually saving you. The class requires players to actually have some skill and manage each part of the build directly. Its not like Thieves that can Spam #2 and get kills.

D/D Eles have to also set themselves up with their killstreak and switch weapons afterwards and combine food and all available to actually win. They start out as weak and have to be grinded up slowly in WvW.

Look up Charr Hammer Warrior for something interesting.

WvW is more about groups and siege than anything else. 1v1s…..if you want 1v1, go sPvP

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

Check the WvW tiers. TC is in T3, they know their stuff, I’m from FA, and I have seen their necros take down our zergs, towers, etc. Every class is useful, it’s just all about the person playing the toon.

I hope you are not saying the higher tiers means the better players, because everyone knows T4 has the best players on it.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: yarz widowmaker.5893

yarz widowmaker.5893

Chuckles*
Keep telling that to yourself.

I´m sure the guardians and warriors i roll with are more than happy to tell you that they disagree while scraping the remains of an arrogant dubble d ele from their boots.

^Agreed. Its too much fun seeing thieves take themselves out on retaliation and arrogant eles dying in 2-3 hits.

SoR – Warrior – l Dark Phoenix I [RET]
Retribution – Sanctum of Rall

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Bsquared.3421

Bsquared.3421

Oh hey everybody, look! It’s another Bunzy thread crying about something. Shocking, I know.

Nerfedname – Elementalist
Legion of Anvil Rock [XXIV] – Anvil Rock

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Thieves
Mesmers
D/D Elementalists

if you aren’t any of these classes you are going to have a very hard time in WvW.
Id say in about 2-3 months time, these are the only classes you will see in WvW due to them being far superior over everything else. I have already started noticing an increase in 3 classes over everything else.

You mean for your server….Which is why your server constantly looses group engagements.

You all got caught up in the thieves/mesmers/ DD Ele OP symptom. Then you ran into those other players… You know Necro’s, Warrior, Guardians, Engie’s, Rangers and wonder why your onesided perspective lost to a fully fleshed out composition.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Brendar.3548

Brendar.3548

I hope you are not saying the higher tiers means the better players, because everyone knows T4 has the best players on it.

That’s a joke right? If T4 had the “best” players, shouldn’t it be T1? As I recall, when you were up against FA, you got the snot beaten out of you. As an earlier person mentioned, you guys are all about soloing, and the 1v1s, which will lose every time verses even a small group of 3 people. Your mindset is all about the 1v1, that’s not WvW, that’s sPvP. If you want to 1v1 someone, go there. Until then, accept that every class has uses, and all are used. Not just the three that Maguuma uses.

Ignorance killed the cat, curiosity was framed.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Slic.2406

Slic.2406

IDK about any of you, but a good engie or bleed necro will screw me over every single time, no matter what thief build I run. This ofc includes 1v1.

Do ‘good’ ones exist anymore? I’d argue, no, they don’t – almost all my PvP friends quit, and they used to beat me with those all the time.

Maybe that’s why ppl keep thinking my thief is so OP (they also start thinking my wells necro is OP after a duel!) – because I’ve been in way more challenging/demanding scenarios than 99% of you ever hope to be in, thanks to your lack of cojones.

But don’t let informed players stop you, thieves, eles and mesmers are really, really OP right??

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

That’s a joke right? If T4 had the “best” players, shouldn’t it be T1? As I recall, when you were up against FA, you got the snot beaten out of you. As an earlier person mentioned, you guys are all about soloing, and the 1v1s, which will lose every time verses even a small group of 3 people. Your mindset is all about the 1v1, that’s not WvW, that’s sPvP. If you want to 1v1 someone, go there. Until then, accept that every class has uses, and all are used. Not just the three that Maguuma uses.

Tiers just means whoever has the biggest playerbase.
We are about 5 v 20s actually not 1v1s >.<

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Fishbait.6723

Fishbait.6723

It does a marvelous job at that though…all that lightning, fire and ground shaking…they flee before noticing that 90% of their healthbar is still there.

haha, that is sooo true & made me /cackle

“We want you to play the game, not the UI” Arenanet.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/suggestions/Top-right-GO-away/first#post2096524
Rocking Wizard Wars until this mess of a game is fixed…

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Kirrund.2654

Kirrund.2654

People need to learn Bunzy is just a troll. Every day he makes a new thread that’s completely off base trying to rile people up, but it has just enough to it that he doesn’t get reported.

Kaseira The False [NEWL]
www.teamnewl.com
“NEWL guys are cool guys.” -styx.7294 approved.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

People need to learn Bunzy is just a troll. Every day he makes a new thread that’s completely off base trying to rile people up, but it has just enough to it that he doesn’t get reported.

I actually take offense that you called me a troll, They are legitimate concerns within the game I am discussing. I like to let people know the state of the game and what is happening with the current meta.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Genev.2450

Genev.2450

First time i see him, granted, i was bored and clicking random threads in the forums, normally the title has to grab my attention somehow.

Though considering the post right above me, i see what you mean.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: TheFug.5278

TheFug.5278

You know, it’s funny.

Last week, here on CD while stomping Maguuma we would always make sure to note that their server seems to have a shocking over abundance of thieves, mesmers and d/d ele’s.

Everyfight you would see their “amazing” thieves and d/d ele’s zipping around and quickly getting stomped by our warriors and guardians.

Maybe your poor perception on value in WvW is the reason we stomped you guys into the dirt for 3 weeks straight?

[KH] Kwisatz Haderach

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Kirrund.2654

Kirrund.2654

I actually take offense that you called me a troll, They are legitimate concerns within the game I am discussing. I like to let people know the state of the game and what is happening with the current meta.

You are trolling. You don’t even pretend to have a clue at what you’re talking about; just looking to bait someone into an argument because you have nothing better to do while at work.

Kaseira The False [NEWL]
www.teamnewl.com
“NEWL guys are cool guys.” -styx.7294 approved.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Bunzy.8674

You know, it’s funny.

Last week, here on CD while stomping Maguuma we would always make sure to note that their server seems to have a shocking over abundance of thieves, mesmers and d/d ele’s.

Everyfight you would see their “amazing” thieves and d/d ele’s zipping around and quickly getting stomped by our warriors and guardians.

Maybe your poor perception on value in WvW is the reason we stomped you guys into the dirt for 3 weeks straight?

It’s because Maguuma and Ehmry Bay are all about fighting each other and don’t really care about the score.

Maguuma
WvW Roaming Videos

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Narkosys.5173

Narkosys.5173

you missed zerg left and zerg right.

Gw2 WvW (In a nutshell)

in WvW

Posted by: Obed.7629

Obed.7629

Be creative. Like these guys ^.^
http://youtu.be/EBe4i_uq890

Awesome video! And I want to know the details of their build!

But isn’t this just a zerg mopping up everything in its path? A zerg of mesmers would do much the same.

Their sound track, however, would not be nearly as good.