HELP! what to do with WvW armor

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I have a full set of WvW carrion armor with traveler runes that are soulbound to my character.

I have just upgraded to full ascended and I wanted to salvage these armor for the traveler runes but found that I am not allowed to!

I can’t transmute or sell them either!!!!

what do I do with them? I already transmuted the skins on my ascended armor to look just like my WvW armor and now I got two sets of the same thing.

And it is soulbound and I can’t give another class to use it!!!

Help!!!

what do you guys do with the WvW armor when you upgrade to ascended and no longer need it??

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Extreme.8350

Extreme.8350

U could put them in mystic forge ( i think ) .

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If you are lucky, you can toss them in the forge. Sometimes you cant even do that.

Unfortunetly Anet has never solved the WvW gear dilemma. I have stopped buying it long ago due to the cost of runes – even if a PvE set cost 20g+ vs a WvW set for 7g + badges (I havent counted the gold cost, something around there), I buy the PvE set. That way I can at least salvage the gear if I change my mind later.

in WvW

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

you can’t use it in mystic forge either -_-

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in WvW

Posted by: Coyote.7031

Coyote.7031

There’s a super expensive gem store item, the upgrade extractor, but it’s cheaper just to buy 6 new travelers runes. The extractor costs 250 gems and I think it’s one use, so you’d need 6. =( It’s really dumb. I only buy the cheapest runes I can afford at the moment since my gear is generally WvW or Karma gear.

in WvW

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Trash the exotic or use the ascended on a different character.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Either buy the ridiculously priced upgrade extractors from the gem shop or toss the gear. And that ladies and gentlemen is why badge gear is garbage.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: LunacyPolish.4602

LunacyPolish.4602

Yeah welcome to my same sorry situation. I have a full set of Hoelbrak runes stuck. I wish you could at least salvage the WvW gear you got before that patch.

I am not one to bag on A Net but the fact this is so is a huge middle finger to WvW players. It reminds me of the South Park episode where the cable company employees rub themselves when customers point out reasonable complaints.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

This question resurfaces from time to time. My “solution” at the moment is: keep my old sets with expensive runes in my bank until the day we’ll be able to salvage them back or the runes are nerfed into oblivion.

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

yeah, since WvW gear cost gold anyway, Anet should just allow us to salvage them. we don’t mind not being able to MF them….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Would be nice and convenient to let us salvage wvw gears even if its just to get the rune/sigil back. Heck even if they became acc bound after that it would be great.

But then again, were talking about WvW, something Devs seem to ignore completely.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.