HOMELESS

HOMELESS

in WvW

Posted by: Fistarius.2496

Fistarius.2496

I love WvW. All games have dungeons. All games have PvP. All games have quests. Only 2 games have actual Fantasy war, but ESO sucks. WvW is so superior.

I loved the server pride, win, lose or draw… But I am now homeless with no more spirit. I am another servers’ temporary minion. Now that you have killed the soul of what made WvW so great for a lot of the servers, I am left with two options, transfer or quit. I cannot transfer to the full servers, I get that. But 1800 gems to transfer to the only place I can transfer to, that I want to transfer to… WOW! $30.00 usd? Or $20.00 usd to transfer to a mid-tier server? Whats the point in that? I guess I bought into WvW too much, and my love for it is what makes me feel so hollow about this situation.

I know I am just a lowly WvWer, but I’ve spent a couple hundred bucks on this game. And now I am forced to give you more money to continue to enjoy the game best game mode ever made. You molded me to have so little value, or meaning in WvW by making me server hop. The choice is easy. The price should be more reasonable for those forced into paying to enjoy the game mode long term.

I’m happy for all those who got to keep their server pride, (or weren’t gouged to find new pride.) But, I am very sad for all of us who had it stolen without a fair way to replace it. Lol… I am just too insulted to pay that much after $50.00 for HoT.

Sorry Anvil Rock… #uninstall … another casualty.

Imagine if your favorite football team was forced to blend into other football teams. I’m sure the Packers would love to play for the Vikings every few weeks, or…

“Hey Tom. Yea you, Brady. Put down that uniform and grab that Dolphins jersey this week! It’s fun!!!”

Tick Toxic

HOMELESS

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

I think you should NOT give money to a game mode that clearly has no direction or future updating. You’ve seen it first hand with the mythological overhaul that will never come.

Being on a large host server and winning by massive ppt amounts doesn’t equate to happiness. I have a few friends in T2 who are on the big dog server and want to leave because its downright boring for them. T1 guilds are having more fun on their alts in T3 and T4. Some openly scouting the lower servers for their guilds. So with that said, these large host servers are not as luxurious as they sound.

Right now I’m on a server teamed to big brother HoD, we find its just fun to poke at YB and SoS zergs and groups. Even though they are going to blow us out in the end we still have fun together and make the most of it. DR actually still has some players, whom are fun to hang with. I think you’re going to have to find your happy place in wvw without forking over $$$ to an undeserving anet.

I’m a Browns fan, thus I get over loss and disappointment very easily. Come join us on one of the little HoD brother cheap servers. It’s very easy to sell your mats and do gold to gems trade anyway. 1800 gems is too much for the state of wvw and to risk for the mentioned above.

FYI: I’ve heard rumors of many guilds and players going to DH trying to form some revival thingy because they have dreams of being a host server. Might be worth looking into if you want to be part of the “cause”, whatever that is these days…..

Dtox

HOMELESS

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

Wvw transfers used to be free in 2012 to 2013. Players complained about how cheap it was for people to transfer to a different server and that servers would become deserted. So anet put the cost on transfers. People still moved to different servers but pay the price to move.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

HOMELESS

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Server pride only works if everyone shows up on a strict schedule. Like having a job. It was bound to fail, like all server systems do in all MMOs.

Putting a price on moving to active servers was never going to solve anything. Moving away from the server structure twords alliances/factions would help but this is anet were talking about…err ncsoft…err just a small commodity that is owned by some sort of investors.

JQ subsidiary

HOMELESS

in WvW

Posted by: Max Durak.1358

Max Durak.1358

I think you should NOT give money to a game mode that clearly has no direction or future updating.

Hallelujah!!! I used to be WvW junkie few years ago and even then this part of the game felt a little bit abandoned and now it’s completely irrelevant and developers don’t even bother to argue about it.
The best thing is just to leave it for now and wait untill Anet decide to revive WvW.

(edited by Max Durak.1358)

HOMELESS

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Server pride only works if everyone shows up on a strict schedule. Like having a job. It was bound to fail, like all server systems do in all MMOs.

Putting a price on moving to active servers was never going to solve anything. Moving away from the server structure twords alliances/factions would help but this is anet were talking about…err ncsoft…err just a small commodity that is owned by some sort of investors.

Anet is desperately working on a second expansion to save their game (and reputation after HoT) and meanwhile are letting WvW go afloat because they don’t have any devs available. Anyway it sure looks like this.

The only hope will be the expansion announcement and what they announce for WvW (or new competitive modes like GvG).

HOMELESS

in WvW

Posted by: Mylerian.9176

Mylerian.9176

Ya I am on FA and we got stuck in T4. The bags are epic. But the fights are not fun 90% of the time. Most of these people we face get one pushed. Not because of superior numbers either. Would be nice to be back in T2 or T3 were there is at least some competition…..

HOMELESS

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

Ya I am on FA and we got stuck in T4. The bags are epic. But the fights are not fun 90% of the time. Most of these people we face get one pushed. Not because of superior numbers either. Would be nice to be back in T2 or T3 were there is at least some competition…..

This is the result of the intentional flattening of Glicko over the last few months to bring more servers in range of each other. If you check

http://wvwmatchups.azurewebsites.net/#Fort%20Aspenwood

you can see that, at time of writing, FA could be anywhere from T2 to T4 next match, although the chance of another T4 outing is small.

With Wild Cards three-quarters of NA worlds are now in range of each other, with most being able to draw a match anywhere from T2-T4. This was the intended outcome although whether this is what people want now they’ve got it is another matter.

HOMELESS

in WvW

Posted by: Ni In.6578

Ni In.6578

With FA pounding on CD, they’re more likely to stay in T4 thanks to a glicko handicap (CD took glicko from FA due to the same reason).

And CD has such an issue with coverage outside of late NA Prime, it’s not terribly funny. FA seems to produce decent sized zergs at most times of day, and even on reset had 20+ depth map queues on each map. CD can map queue EBG during NA Prime on a daily basis, and maybe have a <10 queue on CDBL at the same time. Otherwise, queue free.

WvW Rank – keeps going up
Server: Crystal Desert (so toxic!) | “Make CD DVD Again”
Guilds: [VII] – They let me claim stuff

HOMELESS

in WvW

Mylerian.9176

With FA pounding on CD, they’re more likely to stay in T4 thanks to a glicko handicap (CD took glicko from FA due to the same reason).

And CD has such an issue with coverage outside of late NA Prime, it’s not terribly funny. FA seems to produce decent sized zergs at most times of day, and even on reset had 20+ depth map queues on each map. CD can map queue EBG during NA Prime on a daily basis, and maybe have a <10 queue on CDBL at the same time. Otherwise, queue free.

Ya some of us thought of just taking the week off. But that won’t help either. CD has numbers they just can not fight in open field very well. I wish matchups were based upon skill instead of points. But I imagine that would be tough to do.

HOMELESS

in WvW

Ni In.6578

Every morning PST I log in just to check out WvW. Every morning CD EBG keep is capped by FA, either at T1 or T2. Every morning there are about 10 CD on the entire EBG map. We essentially have to wait for FA to log before we’re even able to take the keep back thanks to FA camping it (I don’t blame them for doing so, it just shows the pop disparity).

This is a terrible matchup, for both CD and for FA. I’m not sure how ANet’s system allowed for it; a T4 performing server with what should be a T2 server… It doesn’t help that CD is paired with SF, and SF has very weak guilds. IoJ, surprisingly, is pretty dang good with two primary guilds that do PPT very well, something CD historically doesn’t do.

HOMELESS

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

Where do all those people go when they are in T2 where they “should be”? They are not really competitive players they only show up because its sooo easy.

The last of the pvp’ers are mostly on the T1 servers. ATM there is only 2 viable servers tho.

JQ subsidiary

HOMELESS

in WvW

Ni In.6578

Don’t know, you tell me. As it stands, CD is just stealing glicko from FA, which puts both servers in a bad position. FA needs to move out of T4.

HOMELESS

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

Don’t know, you tell me. As it stands, CD is just stealing glicko from FA, which puts both servers in a bad position. FA needs to move out of T4.

Maybe they should ask nicely like YB lol

Dtox

HOMELESS

in WvW

Ni In.6578

I hope they do

HOMELESS

in WvW

Mylerian.9176

Nah FA is the redheaded step child that Anet never loved lol. They will never give us what we want.

HOMELESS

in WvW

Ni In.6578

Are you sure? I mean, CD has been sitting in last place for 6 months now. We just need our 4 server omni-blob back again

HOMELESS

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

If you think it is bad on CD off hours, go play on DB during NA Prime. Servers carried by off hour play are the worst in my experience.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

HOMELESS

in WvW

Ni In.6578

DB does better than CD in SEA/OCX. – http://wvwstats.com/timezones. Of course, match that up with CD and FA. FA being #1 in 3 TZs. Like, what’s going on, ANet?

HOMELESS

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

DB does better than CD in SEA/OCX. – http://wvwstats.com/timezones. Of course, match that up with CD and FA. FA being #1 in 3 TZs. Like, what’s going on, ANet?

Like I said, go play on DB during NA Prime and let me know how you like it… this week I am sure it is particularly painful. Far, far worse than CD is having it.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

HOMELESS

in WvW

Ni In.6578

No one TZ is going to win a match. What you’re saying is no different from ‘go check CD OCX’.