Hacking enemy player

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: Huddi.8297

Huddi.8297

Hello,

I just encountered an enemy mesmer who I got into the downed state in our tower. The next moment, I am out of combat (while I am still next to him!) and he has full life again.

I am a very experienced player and know that it is impossible to get out of combat in this situation. Even if he had rallied for some reason (i.e. kill or level up), I still would have been in combat with him. So please take this seriously and ban this awful person.

Thank you in advance. You do a really good job in keeping the game clean. In around 2500 hours of WvW, I encountered less than 10 hackers.

Greetings,
Huddi

Account name of the hacker available on request

(edited by Huddi.8297)

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: Novuake.2691

Novuake.2691

Naming and shaming isn’t allowed, use the IN GAME reporting tool.

Retriever Iiat – Asura Engineer
Private retriever of runaway NPCs
Mistband[MIST] – PVP Training guild EU

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Maybe a silly question, but there is no chance that the mesmer had tagged an NPC that died, which resulted in him levelling up and insta healing?
People that report people without knowing any potential (legit) causes should be banned..

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Huddi.8297

Maybe a silly question, but there is no chance that the mesmer had tagged an NPC that died, which resulted in him levelling up and insta healing?
People that report people without knowing any potential (legit) causes should be banned..

No, this is not possible. As I mentioned, a level up or a rally doesn’t get you out of combat immediately.

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Huddi.8297

Naming and shaming isn’t allowed, use the IN GAME reporting tool.

Edited, thanks.

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

Do writs of exp still work in WvW?

One – Piken Square

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Huddi.8297

Yes, however not when you are in combat.

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Tom Gore.4035

Yes, however not when you are in combat.

Ok it’s fixed then. Didn’t see it in any patch notes, but good to know.

One – Piken Square

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

They never put exploit fixes in the patch notes. They are always stealth fixed. Anet has a very strong aversion to admitting when they’ve made a mistake.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Just to point out – there is no report option for hacking, and I think there should be.

I encountered a few players on SoS in early morning NA using teleport hacks. It was the first time I was 100% sure I witnessed someone hacking. I reported them for botting, and whispered another SoS player to keep an eye on them, and report them as well.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Dont forget game bugs, may not even be the players doing.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

This is not a hack It’s simply someone leveling up. Last week, I was down to my last 5% Downed HP, and a tagged Defender got stomped, resulting in enough XP to pick me up to full health. The level up is a complete reset of your character.

Side note – This is the reason why we hate “Rally Bot” uplevels in WvW.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Dont forget game bugs, may not even be the players doing.

Using game bugs to your advantage is an exploit. It is almost the very definition of the word. Every once in a while someone says “it’s Anet’s fault for not fixing the bugs!” True, it’s partly their fault, but anyone who exploits those bugs is a cheater. Period.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

The reason there are so many false reports is because there is the perception that Anet does nothing about hackers…

This leads players to assume anything strange looking is hacking and to send a report. And that means lots of false reports, making it even harder to catch real hackers.

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

They really should get rid of the auto full heal on leveling up in wvw. Cant understand why its allowed

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Tom Gore.4035

Your wish might just be granted with HoT and the mastery system replacing exp for level 80s.

One – Piken Square

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

X T D.6458

I thought they were just getting rid of post 80 skill points, either way the full heal/knockback on levelup should have been removed from wvw long ago.

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Tom Gore.4035

I thought they were just getting rid of post 80 skill points, either way the full heal/knockback on levelup should have been removed from wvw long ago.

You won’t get XP anymore when you’re level 80. But of course we don’t know if reaching a mastery point will have the same full heal/launch effect…

One – Piken Square

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

X T D.6458

ahh xp too

/15 quaggans

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: Dhemize.8649

Dhemize.8649

I think there was a post somewhere that said each area would have its own mastery, not just Maguuma. So in PvE you’ll see level caps replaced but they made no mention of WvW being altered as well since they used WvW as an example of their system.

This could mean that leveling up in WvW will remain the same since there’s no mastery to be added other than what’s already in place (ranks). Would be nice to see what fellow allies had rank-wise though instead of seeing only baddy rank titles.

Also, I think they should leave the leveling up launch effect in as it makes a new strategy. Soon all zergs will sit at 99% exp waiting for the first stomp to launch the other zergs. Extra trolliness this way.

(edited by Dhemize.8649)

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Dredd Spirit Caller.4082

Just to point out – there is no report option for hacking, and I think there should be.

I encountered a few players on SoS in early morning NA using teleport hacks. It was the first time I was 100% sure I witnessed someone hacking. I reported them for botting, and whispered another SoS player to keep an eye on them, and report them as well.

yesterday i do the same on a thief, he was using speed hack for run away on combat and taking zero dmg from me

Engy:Turrets Nade/HgH Kit Bunker Zerker
Necro:MMMesmer:pve omniRanger:SpiritsThief:P/P

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Posted by: joneirikb.7506

joneirikb.7506

You won’t get XP anymore when you’re level 80. But of course we don’t know if reaching a mastery point will have the same full heal/launch effect…

As Dhemize also said, The Mastery system is PvE, and shouldn’t affect WvW at all. We will probably still gain XP as normal, don’t know.

Elrik Noj (Norn Guardian, Kaineng [SIN][Owls])
“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
“The objective is to win. The goal is to have fun.”

Hacking enemy player

in WvW

Huddi.8297

This is not a hack It’s simply someone leveling up. Last week, I was down to my last 5% Downed HP, and a tagged Defender got stomped, resulting in enough XP to pick me up to full health. The level up is a complete reset of your character.

Side note – This is the reason why we hate “Rally Bot” uplevels in WvW.

If you had read the full thread, you would know that I was brought out of combat, which does not occur on level up.