Hacking in WvW

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Just a heads up for “The Forgotten” guild on Yaks Bend, you have players that are hacking SoS objectives and teleporting everywhere on EB right now. May wanna get your ppl in line.

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I saw the same thing this morning. I don’t believe YB is colluding with hackers, I think it’s just a couple kittens that just happened to pick YB. It could happen to anyone.

Either way they’ve been reported 50 times in-game by now.

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I don’t really get your “get your people in line” comment. The only thing players can do is report hackers. Dealing with them is up to ArenaNet.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I don’t really get your “get your people in line” comment. The only thing players can do is report hackers. Dealing with them is up to ArenaNet.

Would you tolerate people in your guild hacking? We wouldn’t. Hence.

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

How do you know the guild in question isn’t all hackers? The best all we can do to stop hackers is report them whenever we see them. If anything, you are part of the problem for giving the hackers the attention they desire.

Osu

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: SKDeadeye.6394

SKDeadeye.6394

How do you know the guild in question isn’t all hackers? The best all we can do to stop hackers is report them whenever we see them. If anything, you are part of the problem for giving the hackers the attention they desire.

gg, you win the most ignorant post of the day! Now pointing out a problem is part of the problem…

On topic, for the past week a mesmer from YB has been floating to the top of SMC and has been reported with video. Yet there he was tonight floating to the top again, flying like no one’s business. Would be nice to get some kind of action on this, considering the video proof available.

Edit: video included, check out the 30 second mark
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dINgBbJ1j2I&feature=youtu.be

(edited by SKDeadeye.6394)

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: NiloyBardhan.9170

NiloyBardhan.9170

Send an email with infos to exploits@arena.net. No server condones such actions.

14 80s – Niloy Bardhan (warr) ¦ Cute Asura Niloy (guard) ¦ Madhumita Bardhan (ele)
“Owner of the rarest items in Tyria” Legendary collector 8/5 – 300% base MF
Yak’s Bend website – yaks-bend.enjin.com (temporary) #YakForever #YB4LYFE

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

So what exactly would you do? Not like servers have any control over the individuals that play on them. Report them and move on, don’t blame the server for those idiots.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Send an email with infos to exploits@arena.net. No server condones such actions.

I don’t know man, we on Dbay need that ppt lol

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

So what exactly would you do? Not like servers have any control over the individuals that play on them. Report them and move on, don’t blame the server for those idiots.

The server has no control, because its a lump of electronics, but the guilds who play on that server have absolute control over who is a member of their guild.

Reporting is the only way to stop the hackers, but guilds should be told when their members are doing it too as anyone cheating is obviously giving the guild a bad name. They would be kicked if they were in any of my guilds.

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Saw the same thing on CD at Klovan a few minutes ago. Sadly non-hacker players took the portal and tried to flip it. Cannot do much about the hacking but don’t partake is the general rule. Sad to see YB these days.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Phantom.8130

Phantom.8130

This is a problem that’s been around since launch, and they’re going to just end up locking this thread (possibly banning the person who started it) because that’s how Anet handles it. Which is why it’s a problem that’s been around since launch.

Maybe in a few months, after a few hundred reports and a few dozen videos are submitted, they might give the hacker a 1 week ban. But…. that’s about it. They won’t do much, and certainly not in a timely manner unless they happen to be be standing there and personally witness the person using the hack, and there’s no possible way to excuse it as anything else. I’d imagine the amount of money spent in the gem store would also play a factor as well.

shrugs It sucks, but…. it’s just how it is.

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

A server can not really do a lot if a hacker suddenly joins its side and starts taking objectives. Many might not even know that hacking was involved when an objective taken. What I tend to do , even if the hacker on my server, is as soon as I hear one about (and believe me most people do not like hackers) is go to another BL where he not at the time or go Pve or some such.

That said, blame the hacker not the server.

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: abysterical.3792

abysterical.3792

Scripters suck, they think they’re awesome by running someone else’s program to manipulate a game. Blame Anet for not addressing it, blame the scripter for being the lowlife that they are. Don’t blame the server pop; they can’t help that the idiot joined them.

FYI, you give hackers a bad name when you refer to these scripters as ‘hackers’.

(edited by abysterical.3792)

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Surely there is something that can be done to detect this sort of teleport hacking, isn’t there? Players move fairly linearly and at a maximum velocity, in WvW where there is no gliding, a fall over a certain distance must be fatal since there is no glider to save you 10 feet from the bottom.

So, can’t ANet detect movements greater than is possible through normal means and restrict them? Or detect people moving up vertically? Or just standing in a place that should not be reachable unless through hacks?

… FYI, you give hackers a bad name when you refer to these scripters as ‘hackers’.

Simply put, a hacker is someone who seeks and exploits weaknesses in a computer system or computer network. Got nothing to do with skill level.

Hacking in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

So, can’t ANet detect movements greater than is possible through normal means and restrict them? Or detect people moving up vertically? Or just standing in a place that should not be reachable unless through hacks?

Many of us have wondered the same thing. IIRC they did do something with regards to being under a map.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast