Happy PvEr hunting!

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Unlike in PvP, there is nothing to stop random PvErs from wandering somewhere they shouldn’t go. Should be fun, hopefully the ones with no experience don’t get too frustrated and learn the game type. In the meantime, enjoy your 1-hit kills.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Prepare the forums for the incoming “Anet is forcing me (a pver) to play wvw! Worst game! Dead game! Unacceptable! Literally unplayable!”

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Prepare the forums for the incoming “Anet is forcing me (a pver) to play wvw! Worst game! Dead game! Unacceptable! Literally unplayable!”

To be fair, WvWers have been saying this for years now.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Just like the Tournaments and when they introduced World vs World Ranks then.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

The irony is far too much for one such as I to overlook, rofl…

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

I think what most are missing is that pvers will most likely complain about wvw after coming to our neck of the woods. This means complaints related to condi meta, lag, and class balance.

With that said, anet really LOVES pvers, so this may be a good thing in the long run. Keep positive lol

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Odokuro.5049

I think what most are missing is that pvers will most likely complain about wvw after coming to our neck of the woods. This means complaints related to condi meta, lag, and class balance.

With that said, anet really LOVES pvers, so this may be a good thing in the long run. Keep positive lol

Like WvWers don’t complain about doing PvE content, all PvE players need to prepare for is to follow a commander or if they roam, bring a really big cheese knife, they’re going to need it.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

It’s not even being forced. Only reason gift of battle gets flak is because they need that 1 item here to complete their pve legendary. Ascended can be gotten in crafting, fractals, raids, spvp, have nothing to complain about it here. If they want the skins earn it like you do in every other mode.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

We need to be nice to our PvE brethren and embrace them, teach them, help them. They are the population that some servers lack.

There is an opportunity here to get lots of people into WvW, and show them that it’s not just a case of following a blue tag in a circular karma-train and/or getting battered by a spawn-camping server in EB. It’s up to us to show them that WvW is about all the other friends you meet and help and fight beside and …er… rez and then tease.

Invite these people into teamspeak and remember your manners (if you can – we all know that WvW can be extremely frustrating at times).

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

It will be solo and duo roamers in tears as the PvErs run groups of 5-10 zerging yaks, sentries and camps

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I like when pve guilds come to wvw. You get to make dank montages of 1 vs 10 and kill them all. And the hate whispers you get while they tell you to F off cuz they’re just doing dailies, are just icing on the cake. Its especially satisfying killing the ones in legendary armor. Not as easy as fighting scripted AI is it buddy?

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Good, more fuel to the fire, more blood to the altar.

I still have not finished my ultimate dominator.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Kycoo Grim.9463

Kycoo Grim.9463

PvE scrub here, I am looking forward to being farmed. I will be one of those hiding in the Zerg, hoping no one notices my over extended play.

TBH, this is an amazing chance for WvW. When PvP got its seasons and good rewards I dove in full force. Ranked to Gold 3 for S5, and did it again S6 because S5 got me addicted. If this WvW update does the same thing, I’ll be abandoning PvE all together in favor of WvW and sPvP stuff. 4 years of PvE has geared a lot of my characters well, its time to use that gear for something more than just grinding more gear.

Just a filthy Casual, move along.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Looks like I will be sparring more lives once this update comes out, for about a month after.

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: kenahs.8397

kenahs.8397

They will adapt. We all did at one time.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

In which WvW’ers pretend they are barely above general PvE players themselves. An old classic.

Just teasing… don’t bite my head off plz. >.>

(edited by Vyrulisse.1246)

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

At the moment it’s still just potential, til we see the loot in the pip chests, and how long it actually takes to get them.

But.. More people in wvw, even if it’s to farm is a good thing. Means more action for everyone. Less standing around waiting for people to show up to fight.

Don’t shun pvx players. Train them. Learn from them.

in the mean time.. I get to enjoy playing gw2:deathnote

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Jayne.9251

Taking a moment to show someone how to do something is the gateway drug to WvW.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Samnang.1879

Samnang.1879

Don’t gank me too hard guys, I jsut want my shiny backpack.

Please nerf bag types instead of class skills!

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Odokuro.5049

Who’s from T1, anyone?

Any tier below three, is going to be insanely easy for people to get their things done, the only thing that changes as you move up in tiers is the number of people, larger blobs, maybe more roamers.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I hope PVE’rs might enjoy their experience and continue to come to wvw.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Zalavaaris.5329

Zalavaaris.5329

Why the separation? I am a GW2 player that plays more in the PVE game type. However, if I get stomped enough in WvW I will learn what I need to and do the stomping once I learn the ropes.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

I hope PVE’rs might enjoy their experience and continue to come to wvw.

But then the Hard Core WvW’ers wouldn’t be able to complain about no people on the maps.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Why the separation? I am a GW2 player that plays more in the PVE game type. However, if I get stomped enough in WvW I will learn what I need to and do the stomping once I learn the ropes.

Many people are just totally against playing against humans, and I can understand it. I don’t usually play FPSs or whatever on the “insane” difficulty setting the first time in because I don’t want my ass kicked left and right. I tried to introduce someone to PvP the other day and after a single sparring match where I gently very gently (seriously) obliterated him, he had something like a panic attack and left.

If someone actually steps into WvW with the idea that they’ll get a skin or backpack or whatever, I have to assume they’ll see the benefits and stay. They’ll get farmed a bit, then learn.

Who cares if you die?

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Blockhead Magee.3092

Blockhead Magee.3092

It will be solo and duo roamers in tears as the PvErs run groups of 5-10 zerging yaks, sentries and camps

Those of us who roam alone will be smashing into those five man groups (tagged guildies for that extra pip).

SBI

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Those of us who roam alone will be smashing into those five man groups (tagged guildies for that extra pip).

That was my first thought as well, 5 people wearing under medal rank running together versus me in full glass druid armor…. I’m slamming into them.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

Come on now.. give PvEers a chance to learn how much fun WvW can be.. as long as they have to play the gamemode to get rewards.

When they learn that following a commander/getting WvW builds/joining TS will help improve their game, we will all win. Bigger population has to be good right?

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Odokuro.5049

Today’s PvE Heroes are tomorrow’s WvW Curb-Stompers. I feel that this in the end will get more people into WvW, servers with a big PvE presence like mine, might get a good amount of people into WvW, heck, even if it’s only a 1/5th of them into WvW consistantly, that’s great for me.

That and I will teach them that they don’t need to hug siege, and it’s ok to fight open-field.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Come on now.. give PvEers a chance to learn how much fun WvW can be.. as long as they have to play the gamemode to get rewards.

When they learn that following a commander/getting WvW builds/joining TS will help improve their game, we will all win. Bigger population has to be good right?

Getting farmed is the only way to show them how to play or how one is ment to play in this game.

finished my hammer leecher zerker rev yesterday, instaggbing (or almost doint it)players with 50% less health with 6k-10k aoe’es every 4 seconds, they gona cry so much

if i team with other rev will be fun aoe spamm play and leech damage like a Anet wants

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

Getting farmed is the only way to show them how to play or how one is ment to play in this game.

finished my hammer leecher zerker rev yesterday, instaggbing (or almost doint it)players with 50% less health with 6k-10k aoe’es every 4 seconds, they gona cry so much

As one of the new comers to WvW I say bring it! You can find me with 80 of my friends tearing through people.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

As one of the new comers to WvW I say bring it! You can find me with 80 of my friends tearing through people.

coward XD, still funny as Anet said on the recent interview that blob servers dont always win, they dont even know to play their game…. loooool

Saddly i barelly have 20-30 players on my server and we need to spread across eb and home bl to fight blobs or delya them a bit Anet wants those 80 man blob s ktrain WVW like eotm, its a game designed for bad players stacking and capign stuff easilly, nothing can be done arround that.

if ur new on WvW get a class that does aoe damage like hammer rev, aoe zerker ele, or reapers/condi necros that all u need to have, dont even use rangers just Rev’s in ranger place stack thsoe CoR spamming XD will be a multi-kill when leeched and stacked with the blobbers…

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: GROMIT.7829

GROMIT.7829

Them PvE guys you speak of can actually follow a tag, in PvE if you fail an event coz you didn’t do as you were told you have to wait hours for the next attempt. I personally think PvE players will rip the kitten out of WvW players in this context.

All they need to do is make the suggested builds, listen for an afternoon and BOOM they will make WvW mainers look like window lickers.

!!!! YOU’RE NOT MY SUPERVISOR !!!!

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Aeolus.3615

Them PvE guys you speak of can actually follow a tag, in PvE if you fail an event coz you didn’t do as you were told you have to wait hours for the next attempt. I personally think PvE players will rip the kitten out of WvW players in this context.

All they need to do is make the suggested builds, listen for an afternoon and BOOM they will make WvW mainers look like window lickers.

theres several factors to take into account for that to happen, if theres a server with lots of WvW players with massive aoe damage optimized builds the pve players will melt every time since they are used to fight static A.I’s, pve commanders and players dont have the sense of how to leech the damage creep optimization builds, against other players.
pve players are awfull at placing, they are awfull at dodging and noticing what needs to be dodge and cleansing, PVE has static dps spam for quite some time while in WvW the dps race happens in a very fast way and ina very aoe gameplay.

The game balance on this game is very very stupid and saying its crap is being positive, WvW players know how to leech from that better than pve players at the end.

Sorry about the english :\ and as recommendation PVE commanders SHOULD not tag on the initial/first days until they understand how to avoid getting farmed, WVW WILL NOT FOLLOW PVE TAGS.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Zalavaaris.5329

coward XD, still funny as Anet said on the recent interview that blob servers dont always win, they dont even know to play their game…. loooool

Saddly i barelly have 20-30 players on my server and we need to spread across eb and home bl to fight blobs or delya them a bit Anet wants those 80 man blob s ktrain WVW like eotm, its a game designed for bad players stacking and capign stuff easilly, nothing can be done arround that.

if ur new on WvW get a class that does aoe damage like hammer rev, aoe zerker ele, or reapers/condi necros that all u need to have, dont even use rangers just Rev’s in ranger place stack thsoe CoR spamming XD will be a multi-kill when leeched and stacked with the blobbers…

Alls fair in love and war old chap. My favorite role is running my daredevil with short bow and staff. Drop poison on downs and vault in cleaning them all up. Good times.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Hybrid Theory.7361

Hybrid Theory.7361

isn’t wvw pve 2.0 though

Steez | How Big Is Your Pvpness [EpeN] | Ruthless

(edited by Hybrid Theory.7361)

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Don’t gank me too hard guys, I jsut want my shiny backpack.

I will gank you over and over and over untill you finally kick my kitten As you stand over my broken body, victorious, your transformation will be complete.

Welcome to WvW!

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Fluffball.8307

Is that a haiku?

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Basharic.1654

Basharic.1654

theres several factors to take into account for that to happen, if theres a server with lots of WvW players with massive aoe damage optimized builds the pve players will melt every time since they are used to fight static A.I’s, pve commanders and players dont have the sense of how to leech the damage creep optimization builds, against other players.
pve players are awfull at placing, they are awfull at dodging and noticing what needs to be dodge and cleansing, PVE has static dps spam for quite some time while in WvW the dps race happens in a very fast way and ina very aoe gameplay.

The game balance on this game is very very stupid and saying its crap is being positive, WvW players know how to leech from that better than pve players at the end.

Sorry about the english :\ and as recommendation PVE commanders SHOULD not tag on the initial/first days until they understand how to avoid getting farmed, WVW WILL NOT FOLLOW PVE TAGS.

Like sPvP there’s also a vast difference between effective reaction times in WvW vs PvE. That’s not something you can plan for. It’s earned through getting your butt handed to you over and over until your reaction time improves. Not to mention very few PvE mobs punish you for skills with a long wind-up. Versus players those usually get you blocked/interrupted/evaded and punished severely.

Pretty much every Bronze and lower I’ve run into in the last few days has looked like they were fighting in slow motion compared to me. Some clearly had potential to do better others would just stand there and get whaled on, while I looked like a smokescale going upside thier heads – and I’m not even on a sword rev.

As for the combat system, I’ve long said GW2 combat shines far brighter in the competitive modes than it does in PvE. The system is, quite frankly, overpowered for the PvE Anet offers. What that means is players only use a fraction of their potential to get through the world. How the professions work together matters A LOT more in the competitive modes.

The one piece of advice I’d give those new to WvW is to remember ABM: Always Be Moving. Because if you aren’t moving you are going to be dead soon.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I can’t wait to hunt the pvers with their pve builds

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

Wvw players complained about having to pve to get what they required for wvw. Now that (hopefully) this update will address that complaint, the pvers will be in wvw for the wvw rewards. Not because they need to wvw to get what they need for pve. Not the greatest comparison.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

Yet another thread that demeans the openness of the game. Let’s be real…the hardcore people who WvW will still WvW. Will this draw some PvE’rs… sure it will but will they stay?

Remember when PvP had lot’s of PvE’rs to farm, including me getting farmed :P ? Now the farmers complain no one is there. It’s a vicious cycle where not everyone will be happy.

Am I looking forward to the queue depth Tuesday and forward? Nope. But there is a chance that those that come play…stay…and learn their role and class. Hell I did it 5 months ago. Rank 0 to 270 +… met a lot of nice people… learned from others what to do and what not to do. Met some jerks too along the way but eh…trolls will be trolls :P Just ignore and move on.

GIVE IT A CHANCE!

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: ugrakarma.9416

ugrakarma.9416

Core Tyria pvers tend to ignore events and “news”, and focus exploring the map for months.

HoT/Raid players have a tendency to be rich, all they need to do is open the meta battle and craft some armor.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Unlike in PvP, there is nothing to stop random PvErs from wandering somewhere they shouldn’t go. Should be fun, hopefully the ones with no experience don’t get too frustrated and learn the game type. In the meantime, enjoy your 1-hit kills.

http://imgur.com/gallery/abw12og

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Jayne.9251

I can’t wait to hunt the pvers with their pve builds

Please report back when some noob owns you please.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: HoneyBadger.5691

HoneyBadger.5691

PvE builds almost universally lack condition clear.

Just a thought.

Happy hunting, indeed.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: Hobie Kytty.1425

Hobie Kytty.1425

All those zerker builds who do dps races on champs that stand in one spot are going to drop bags left and right.

Happy PvEr hunting!

in WvW

Posted by: coro.3176

coro.3176

I like when pve guilds come to wvw. You get to make dank montages of 1 vs 10 and kill them all. And the hate whispers you get while they tell you to F off cuz they’re just doing dailies, are just icing on the cake. Its especially satisfying killing the ones in legendary armor. Not as easy as fighting scripted AI is it buddy?

No way any PvE player would even figure out how to hate whisper.

I will enjoy killing hunting legendary armour though.