Has FA Finally Imploded

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

No one wanted to be in silver.
Everyone complained about easy silver league.
Everyone said they don’t want to face roll all servers.
Can’t win #12 server.
GG.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Kigera.9584

Kigera.9584

Let’s give the servers codenames so Anet won’t mistake it as a match-up thread and close it prematurely. This thread has good potential

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Tom.8029

Tom.8029

Fa is being double teamed by HoD and YB. How is that automatically grounds for an implosion?

Primordial Dragons [Drgn]
Fort Aspenwood Elementalist

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

FA will rise to the challenge. If hod could come from near bottom to top silver, FA can go to Gold.

Fire Water Air
FA

(edited by Lord of Rings.5371)

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

No. But there was a serious underestimation of how thick HoD rolls OCX into SEA. FA has little OCX coverage. I’ve seen HoD’s sea of red early am server time and it’s impressive. I mean, they’re kittenters through and through as far as fights go, but you don’t need to be skilled to throw 50 bodies against a hard point until it changes colors. It’ll be up to FA NA to make up the difference, but I think it’ll end up being close one way or another.

Oh, and count down until this thread is locked.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

(edited by geekanerd.4123)

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Seigfried.5938

Seigfried.5938

Wow I just looked at the scores. HoD is on steroids!

Gandara → SoS → BG → Gandara → SFR

New bunker meta sux

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Kobi Beef.3895

Kobi Beef.3895

Fa is being double teamed by HoD and YB. How is that automatically grounds for an implosion?

everyone is getting double team thats the nature of a 3 way fight….

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Abe Kleine.3568

Abe Kleine.3568

Let’s give the servers codenames so Anet won’t mistake it as a match-up thread and close it prematurely. This thread has good potential

FA’s code name should be “FAHK” because that’s what they are probably yelling right now!…. Anybody?……… crickets………..

But jokes aside that sounds like a good idea, just hope I didn’t start a bad nickname >_>

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Tom.8029

everyone is getting double team thats the nature of a 3 way fight….

I never said it wasn’t a part of the game. But because a server is getting double teamed, that doesn’t mean said server is imploding. Don’t you throw your ellipses at me, Mr!

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Man I wish I were in that match. I’d have incentive to go in and fight. Instead I’m typing this on the forums.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Tom.8029

Man I wish I were in that match. I’d have incentive to go in and fight. Instead I’m typing this on the forums.

I was in there for a few hours. I had to leave because I was getting so frustrated. haha.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: StrykerMagnus.4120

StrykerMagnus.4120

I just transferred off of HoD. However, I did some WvWing while on that server for the last couple days and listened to the folks in TS. They seem to bust their butts overnight to take the lead, but I can say that the commanders appear to be exhausted by the effort that they must put in during the night (midnight EST to 7am EST) to take the lead. It will be interesting to see if they can continue this effort. Conversely, is this just a herculean effort put in by HoD that will eventually run out of gas? Time will tell. It’s an interesting matchup to observe.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Can’t win #12 server.
GG.

Number 12 server is a bandwagon. GG, Nick.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Hamster.4861

Hamster.4861

I bet you miss us from last week now! =P In b4 lock

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Super Kruegs.8967

Super Kruegs.8967

No. But there was a serious underestimation of how thick HoD rolls OCX into SEA. FA has little OCX coverage. I’ve seen HoD’s sea of red early am server time and it’s impressive. I mean, they’re kittenters through and through as far as fights go, but you don’t need to be skilled to throw 50 bodies against a hard point until it changes colors. It’ll be up to FA NA to make up the difference, but I think it’ll end up being close one way or another.

Oh, and count down until this thread is locked.

^^ This all day. FA is weak as kitten in PST/OCX and pretty light in SEA. YB is too so HOD is basically PVDing for 12 hours till EU. Just look at MOS for the first two days 2AM server on Sat. +45 FA tick. Last week IOJ was beating us OCX half the time. FA simply does not have a PST/OCX/SEA numbers anymore they all went to MAG, SOS, or BG before the season started and we were weak before that. With the NA being thin out for the season there’s no transition bleed over anymore too. In the last say 2 months FA has lost HOPE, RET, FEAR/RETR, AGG (I know nomads), MEOW, SERN, ONE, TUNE, NV, GODS broke in two, BOMB disbanded, the list goes on.
My guess is the HOD train stops at SOS cause you can’t PVD that blob night crew, and SOS NA will wipe them so hard. Maybe DB could compete cause SEA and all but I doubt it the numbers at this point are insane from HOD. When your queing pretty much 3 maps through OCX that’s solid T2 coverage right there.

FA [WS]. Small group fights since 2012

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Ranger Emeritus.2905

Ranger Emeritus.2905

I don’t believe there is any 2-1. YB took SMC while HOD was preoccupied in getting our Klovan early this morning. HOD trebbed it down to nothing and we put up a mighty fight, beating them off several times. YB is watching and striking where they can make a difference. My hat is off to them. Also this imploding stuff is a backhanded insult to HOD. Even with the numbers we have FA is not chopped raptor. When you beat us you have done a hell of a job. Also, it aint over till its over.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Can’t win #12 server.
GG.

You haven’t been following the recent changes. HoD is not a #12 server. They got stacked as a result of free transfers.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Bucket Lips.5017

Bucket Lips.5017

Can’t win #12 server.
GG.

What a stupid post. You have no clue what is going on.

Bucket Lips

Fort Aspenwood

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Rhalas.4167

Rhalas.4167

Can’t win #12 server.
GG.

They havent imploded they are fighting hard just as we are and Yaks are. Its brutal, Theres 40-60 man zerg’s everywhere.
Our pver’s seem to have gotten their achievements thank god and our more experienced wvwer’s arent stuck in a huge queue.
Its an awesome battle all the way around. Im enjoying it. So dont dis FA or YAk’s we are all doing the best we can against what we are fighting. It’s easy to sit in the forums and make assumptions but until you are there you really have no idea how things are.

[WAR]- HOD
Lord Rhalas: Commander

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Polarballs.5062

Polarballs.5062

Hey, topic is typical ‘bleh look at me my words matter’ but I figure this is the place to throw a GG out to the players involved in that 3 server battle at SMC earlier today. We bannered Lord at least 3 or 4 times. I got to know some new people on my repeated runs back from the Keep too. I’ve never seen a fight go that long, it was at least an hour maybe closer to two. It was epic.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Rhalas.4167

Rhalas.4167

Hey, topic is typical ‘bleh look at me my words matter’ but I figure this is the place to throw a GG out to the players involved in that 3 server battle at SMC earlier today. We bannered Lord at least 3 or 4 times. I got to know some new people on my repeated runs back from the Keep too. I’ve never seen a fight go that long, it was at least an hour maybe closer to two. It was epic.

GG indeed. Thats happened a few times already. At one point my hand was cramping the fighting went on so long.

[WAR]- HOD
Lord Rhalas: Commander

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

match up outcome can only be predicted come Tuesday. weekend result is not very reliable.

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Basch.1347

Basch.1347

Yeah, this is just kitten. There’s no double-teaming occurring at all. In truth, HoD and FA are focusing each other intensely to the point where YB is generally ignored within the match-up, with the exception of opportunistic grabs in EB and when HoD has queues on the relevant EB, FABL, and HoDBL maps, leading some to spill into YBBL.

Troll thread is a troll thread though. In an attempt to balance the troll, I’ll tip my hat to both HoD and YB for quite the exciting and nail-biting week so far. YB’s efforts on reset night were little short of amazing, considering the level of organization and coordination that they displayed. I’ve also noticed the same HoD commanders leading the HoD groups the past few days and have to tip my hat to them as well for the extra hours. Having done the same extra hours commanding in S1, I feel their pain, though I shirk such hours these days. There are a few of our own commanders doing the same, but on the whole, NA isn’t pushing themselves too hard. Perhaps at the end of the week, as the match-up draws to an end.

However the week turns out, it’s been a solid week full of bags and endless fights (points at Bay in HoDBL for two nights we’ve managed to WP it) that almost have me pulling those same aforementioned extra hours for pure enjoyment. I can only hope that the rest of the season offers such competition and challenge.

Also, in before lock.

FA

(edited by Basch.1347)

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Delune.4817

Delune.4817

FA isn’t imploding HoD has better numbers and coverage then us.

Commander All The Delune, Fort Aspenwood
Guild Leader of [TK]
“FA, stomping bandwagons since 2012….”

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: sirflamesword.3896

sirflamesword.3896

Yeah, this is just kitten. There’s no double-teaming occurring at all. In truth, HoD and FA are focusing each other intensely to the point where YB is generally ignored within the match-up, with the exception of opportunistic grabs in EB and when HoD has queues on the relevant EB, FABL, and HoDBL maps, leading some to spill into YBBL.

Troll thread is a troll thread though. In an attempt to balance the troll, I’ll tip my hat to both HoD and YB for quite the exciting and nail-biting week so far. YB’s efforts on reset night were little short of amazing, considering the level of organization and coordination that they displayed. I’ve also noticed the same HoD commanders leading the HoD groups the past few days and have to tip my hat to them as well for the extra hours. Having done the same extra hours commanding in S1, I feel their pain, though I shirk such hours these days. There are a few of our own commanders doing the same, but on the whole, NA isn’t pushing themselves too hard. Perhaps at the end of the week, as the match-up draws to an end.

However the week turns out, it’s been a solid week full of bags and endless fights (points at Bay in HoDBL for two nights we’ve managed to WP it) that almost have me pulling those same aforementioned extra hours for pure enjoyment. I can only hope that the rest of the season offers such competition and challenge.

Also, in before lock.

This match has been really fun, yet incredibly frustrating for me at least. Yaks has lost ALL our pvers, maybe have 1 map queue at primetime NA which means we just can’t keep up with the numbers that both you and HoD are putting up. I’ve been focusing on EBG, because most of us are focused on our own borderland so I’ve been fighting outmanned a good portion since reset, and it has made for some VERY VERY fun fights all around, but with our lack of numbers we’ve been forced to ninja as much as we can when you focus each other and defend our 2 t3 towers and keep with our lives.

Pinnacle of Responsibility[Mom]-Yaks Bend
Unstable Shield, Unstable Light

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

Maybe you should change your signature, then.

Pumpkin – Mag

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Maybe you should change your signature, then.

You must be part Fire Ele… because that was a burn!

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Pasfiebe.9186

Pasfiebe.9186

B B Bandwagon ! Go Hod !!!!

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: TitaniumDog.3054

TitaniumDog.3054

Don’t worry. FA will come first in Bronze league in Season 3.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Juunro.7082

Juunro.7082

Now, I don’t actually care and don’t have a dog in this fight, but when FA double teamed SBI with another server last league to knock SBI out of 2nd (you literally ignored the third server entirely for the whole week) you told us it was all in our heads and we were just using it as an excuse for losing.

Just saying.

‘course, I transferred to Kaineng for this league because bronze is more fun and less mega-blobby, and don’t regret it in the slightest, so whatever.

Axe Murdering, Longbowing tiny Asura Mohawk’d Warrior

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Omega.9601

Omega.9601

Now, I don’t actually care and don’t have a dog in this fight, but when FA double teamed SBI with another server last league to knock SBI out of 2nd (you literally ignored the third server entirely for the whole week) you told us it was all in our heads and we were just using it as an excuse for losing.

Just saying.

‘course, I transferred to Kaineng for this league because bronze is more fun and less mega-blobby, and don’t regret it in the slightest, so whatever.

That was ebay and yb that double teamed sbi, FA had nothing to do with that

Fort Aspenwood
Ectoplasm Ltd [GLOB] – Elementalist

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Skroo.1560

Skroo.1560

I just transferred off of HoD. However, I did some WvWing while on that server for the last couple days and listened to the folks in TS. They seem to bust their butts overnight to take the lead, but I can say that the commanders appear to be exhausted by the effort that they must put in during the night (midnight EST to 7am EST) to take the lead. It will be interesting to see if they can continue this effort. Conversely, is this just a herculean effort put in by HoD that will eventually run out of gas? Time will tell. It’s an interesting matchup to observe.

This is exactly what YB did in season 1 to take second. A couple of those commanders quit right after that and haven’t been seen since.

RIP DK

Skroo [POV][ROLL] – Yak’s Bend

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Juunro.7082

Juunro.7082

Just saying.

Was it? This is why I shouldn’t post kitten before coffee. I do recall you guys giving us no end of crap over it though.

Axe Murdering, Longbowing tiny Asura Mohawk’d Warrior

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: geekanerd.4123

geekanerd.4123

Just saying.

Was it? This is why I shouldn’t post kitten before coffee. I do recall you guys giving us no end of crap over it though.

It was. I was on Ebay briefly during that time and there was a point where YB was sending their zerg over to Ebay just to get stomped so Ebay would gain points on SBI.

[DIE] – FA
“Is it uplevel ranger season yet?”

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Chris.3290

Chris.3290

HoD appears to be T2 material, but I expect they’ll be at the bottom of the tier and will switch back and forth with FA.

Blob tactics work well against T2 because in our matchups 30+ is a blob. Compare to T1 servers where they don’t engage with less than 50+

If HoD is running with 50 man groups they’ll be tough for T2 to beat (20-25 is the average size of T2 zergs, usually with 2-3 per map on a busy night); but unless their skill improves dramatically it won’t matter much.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

HoD appears to be T2 material, but I expect they’ll be at the bottom of the tier and will switch back and forth with FA.

Blob tactics work well against T2 because in our matchups 30+ is a blob. Compare to T1 servers where they don’t engage with less than 50+

If HoD is running with 50 man groups they’ll be tough for T2 to beat (20-25 is the average size of T2 zergs, usually with 2-3 per map on a busy night); but unless their skill improves dramatically it won’t matter much.

Or does HoD die after the season? Isn’t that why everyone moved there? From what I’m seeing, the overwhelming majority of HoD is very low WvW rank (it’s rare to even see someone in the bronzes), which makes me think the majority aren’t in it for the long haul.

At any rate, HoD isn’t going to get much respect from the WvW community until they aren’t hard capped at silver league.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

As a recent HoD transfer, I had no clue that the bandwagon would be this strong.

I myself and numerous friends predicted last week that FA would put us in our place. A lot of the guilds on HoD revolve around karma trains and, coming from SBI, it is clear that our pugs and commanders are not as organized or skilled as they need to be. I’m honestly amazed that our numbers / coverage could get us this far.

P.S. – Really looking forward to next week

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

I myself and numerous friends predicted last week that FA would put us in our place. A lot of the guilds on HoD revolve around karma trains and, coming from SBI, it is clear that our pugs and commanders are not as organized or skilled as they need to be.

Yeah, this much has been really clear to guilds on FA. It’s sorta a running joke that any engagement with less than 3:2 numbers is an easy mop-up for an organized FA guild.

Unfortunately, there’s a lot of engagements with far worse odds than that, and of course all night long there’s not much resistance. Particularly that second bit will win HoD the match.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: SkullRaven.5630

SkullRaven.5630

Haha.. I was just about to make an almost identical post to your Flytrap. I transferred to after hearing the WvW community was growing (had no idea about bandwagon since I was just coming back from a break from the game.) My last server’s WvW community was seeming to get stale after coming back and playing about a week with them. All of that being said. I’m pretty impressed with HOD. There is definitely a need for open field and organization improvements for them to be a good contender in T2, but I think the server is up for it.

Wandering aimlessly in HoD.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Flytrap.8075

Flytrap.8075

Yeah, this much has been really clear to guilds on FA. It’s sorta a running joke that any engagement with less than 3:2 numbers is an easy mop-up for an organized FA guild.

Unfortunately, there’s a lot of engagements with far worse odds than that, and of course all night long there’s not much resistance. Particularly that second bit will win HoD the match.

The funny thing is how misguided our pugs are.

They think the karma train guilds are a gift from God and they always complain that they’re outnumbered when they get trampled by an equal-numbered FA zerg.

They’ll learn soon enough.

Fort Aspenwood | [Bags]

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Last week http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/39/161
This week http://mos.millenium.org/servers/view/39/163

I doubt losing all PvErs would affect population this drastically.
Check back in a week or two when we get easier match up, everyone will be back blobing again.

Just feels so unreliable, when we’re up against weak servers, I can always find people to play even during the SEA time, when we’re against stornger servers, there’s absolutely no one playing.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

You completely missed the point of what everyone told you.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Lord of Rings.5371

Lord of Rings.5371

I would welcome PvErs, Pugs, and players without TS3 with open arms.
I would Tag on when there is an easy fight.
I would Tag on when there is a near cap.

I want to give new players memories of fun, friendship and victories of WvW.

So they would be back and ready for tough fights if encountered and help growing the FA WvW community.

HOD’s scores would only make FA stronger.

Fire Water Air
FA

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Just feels so unreliable, when we’re up against weak servers, I can always find people to play even during the SEA time, when we’re against stornger servers, there’s absolutely no one playing.

That’s part of FAs success though. We have this massive reserve force of PvErs with a lot of WvW experience. The downside is they aren’t showing up during stuff like today. I just got off HoD borderlands and didn’t see anyone that wasn’t from a guild I recognized from WvW.

To be honest it’s actually kind of fun that way. I felt really confident taking on larger groups of HoD because I knew the guys next to me were good, even without knowing anything about them individually.

Has FA Finally Imploded

in WvW

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Please note that we do not allow Match-up threads on the Guild Wars 2 forum. You can read about our forum changes here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Guild-Wars-2-Forum-Moderation-Updates
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Upcoming-Forum-Changes-to-WvW-Match-ups-Sub-forum