Have you given up yet on new rewards?

in WvW

Posted by: Malerian.8435

Malerian.8435

I will never give up! I love that it will take me a while. I am not in WvW Primarily for loots. I go to WvW for the fights!

This just gives me a little something to look forward to!

in WvW

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

Good for you, I’m proud of you, but you still haven’t answered MY question – do you, or do you NOT want more people playing WvW?

Do I need the rewards, no, but I am NOT most people. MOST people new to WvW are going to look at this reward system and how long it takes to get anything as a new player and not even bother.

We want the people who will play WvW and stick around. NOT the people who cry over not getting the mode-specific rewards fast enough and then running away from that game mode as fast as possible once they get those rewards.

This is not instant gratification. Stick around and EARN it, just like everyone else did with all their years of “service” to WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

Good for you, I’m proud of you, but you still haven’t answered MY question – do you, or do you NOT want more people playing WvW?

My goodness.

Answer: No, not if you aren’t going to be a team player. In fact I’d wager most WvWers feel this way. WvW is a team sport. It requires sacrifice and cooperation to work well.

Do I need the rewards, no, but I am NOT most people. MOST people new to WvW are going to look at this reward system and how long it takes to get anything as a new player and not even bother.

And that’s fine, that’s their choice.

And it’s your choice too.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Fivona.5061

Fivona.5061

I did after last kittening build. Roaming was only fun for me. I am not gonna do blob kitten.

in WvW

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Yes, after the tick “balancing” I have. The game mode is quickly returning to it’s previously dead state. If only they were so quick to balance skills in WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Before the skirmish rewards patch, I had been playing some WvW most days — about an hour (that’s a pretty long session for me, plus my old comp, which I was still using at the time, started having heat issues with GW2). The rewards patch dropped at around the time I built a new computer (no heat issues), so between the two, I played more. This equated to about 2-3 hours/day. I was enjoying myself. I wasn’t thrilled about the rewards. My primary interest would have been a crafting-free way to get Ascended gear, but as our crafting overlords have spoken, that was not in the cards. Still, getting extra Proofs and other miscellaneous things was nice.

You’d think the decay patch would have meant little to me. However, it seems to. The participation mechanism also gates reward tracks, and I have been having trouble keeping participation up, thus progress is slower. At no time (before rewards, before advanced decay, after advanced decay) did I ever sit in spawn longer than the 2-3 minutes inventory clearance took. As a result of decay, I am playing WvW less.

I’m pretty sure that, just as with PvE content, I’m kind of a fringe case. I don’t expect ANet to cater the game to my peculiar preferences. However, this is not the first time game system changes negatively impacted my enjoyment of the game because kittenhats find ways to get rewards by bypassing intended processes. If decay means they are getting less by cheating the system, and as a result no longer coming to WvW, I say, “Good.”

in WvW

Posted by: Thea Cherry.6327

Thea Cherry.6327

My goodness.

Answer: No, not if you aren’t going to be a team player. In fact I’d wager most WvWers feel this way. WvW is a team sport. It requires sacrifice and cooperation to work well.

So you rather sit on the pile of ashes what used to be the WvW alone, insteat of encourageing new players to play as a team for your server?

I don’t know what your server did, but my server was pretty open to newbies (well we had some idiots who were ranting all the time).

Some players are now part of our gamemode and our community which is a nice sideeffect. Unfortunatley they lost me, because after all those years i really have to say: this mode is dead to me, sometimes i log in and try to support a commander i like and sometimes i lead, but compared to 1 – 2 years ago iam pretty much finished with the game. ANet killed to much fun.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

My goodness.

So you rather sit on the pile of ashes what used to be the WvW alone, insteat of encourageing new players to play as a team for your server?

I don’t know what your server did, but my server was pretty open to newbies (well we had some idiots who were ranting all the time).

Some players are now part of our gamemode and our community which is a nice sideeffect. Unfortunatley they lost me, because after all those years i really have to say: this mode is dead to me, sometimes i log in and try to support a commander i like and sometimes i lead, but compared to 1 – 2 years ago iam pretty much finished with the game. ANet killed to much fun.

My thoughts are if you enter WvW with the “what’s in it for me” attitude, that will kill the game mode faster than anything else. The beauty of WvW is the cooperation, and being part of something bigger than self.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Jinn Galen.2468

Jinn Galen.2468

My goodness.

My thoughts are if you enter WvW with the “what’s in it for me” attitude, that will kill the game mode faster than anything else. The beauty of WvW is the cooperation, and being part of something bigger than self.

" Lots of horrible kitten in this world gets done for something larger than ourselves"

Ahem. Sorry. I just had to quote Sandor Clegane from GoT for fun xD

in WvW

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The trouble is that with the way things are currently setup, players ARE forced to choose between either maximizing rewards (mainly through ON farming), or doing their best to help their server. This problem isn’t unique to WvW; it happens all the time in PvE and PvP, but the difference here is that PvE/PvP players can largely segregate themselves from the hardcore farmers. You can do raids/Fractals with experienced peeps you know, and it doesn’t affect the experience of anyone else. PvP farmers who just want to do dailies have PvP Custom Arenas, while the “professionals” now have Tournaments where they can form their own hand-picked crew of 5 people and thus never have to deal with newbies.

But this is not the case for WvW. Everybody’s on the same map, and every person who is there farming (or even doing stuff like roaming, if you want to be nitpicky about it) is not really doing “the best” they could for their server, if we’re going to consider War Score and PPT as the be-all and end-all.

It therefore is in ANet’s best interests to construct a reward system where players DON’T feel like they have to spend hours upon hours grinding in order to get anywhere meaningful within a reasonable amount of time (For Warbringer? Sure, I can imagine it taking a couple months of work since it’s a Legendary. For Ascended gear? That PvE or PvP players could get within days? I don’t think so), because then people will naturally start looking for ways to shortcut the system. You can’t stop people from doing this; it’s human nature. All you can do is remove the impetus that makes people want to do it in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: Gwydion.1063

Gwydion.1063

Players: Wow, the time it takes to get some of these rewards seems pretty extensive.

Anet: Hold my beer

in WvW

Posted by: ThunderPanda.1872

ThunderPanda.1872

The trouble is that with the way things are currently setup, players ARE forced to choose between either maximizing rewards (mainly through ON farming), or doing their best to help their server. This problem isn’t unique to WvW; it happens all the time in PvE and PvP, but the difference here is that PvE/PvP players can largely segregate themselves from the hardcore farmers. You can do raids/Fractals with experienced peeps you know, and it doesn’t affect the experience of anyone else. PvP farmers who just want to do dailies have PvP Custom Arenas, while the “professionals” now have Tournaments where they can form their own hand-picked crew of 5 people and thus never have to deal with newbies.

But this is not the case for WvW. Everybody’s on the same map, and every person who is there farming (or even doing stuff like roaming, if you want to be nitpicky about it) is not really doing “the best” they could for their server, if we’re going to consider War Score and PPT as the be-all and end-all.

It therefore is in ANet’s best interests to construct a reward system where players DON’T feel like they have to spend hours upon hours grinding in order to get anywhere meaningful within a reasonable amount of time (For Warbringer? Sure, I can imagine it taking a couple months of work since it’s a Legendary. For Ascended gear? That PvE or PvP players could get within days? I don’t think so), because then people will naturally start looking for ways to shortcut the system. You can’t stop people from doing this; it’s human nature. All you can do is remove the impetus that makes people want to do it in the first place.

Eh?! well in PVE open world, you could choose to just half afk auto attack, or you could run around doing the necessary stuff, timing for CC. Both still get same rewards.

Send me 1000g and I will stop trolling WvW forum.
I have a dream – Our Anet Senpai will make WvW Great Again!
WvW Forum is more competitive than WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Najten.2418

Najten.2418

It’s items ment for players that spend a lot of time in WvW. And maybe have spent hours a day for years doing mostly WvW.

Surely there can be no harm done having very hard to obtain items for those players?

For the rest there are tons of weapons and backpacks from pve raids, fractals etc etc that the WvW:ers rarely put in the time getting.

Problem is; it’s not a “very hard to obtain item”. It’s a more or less time consuming item based on things largely out of your hands.

Completing Diamond chest (1450 pips) each week, completely ignoring Outmanned as it’s kinda random atm, will take between 120 hours and 50 minutes for a “wood” rank on a 3rd place server with no additional bonuses (1/tick), to 10 hours 5 minutes for someone with all bonus pips possible on a 1st place server (12/tick).
There’s a pretty huge gap in time commitment between a “newbie” and a “veteran”.
And granted, the wood rank will get the +1 bonus the 2nd week, but over 60 hours /week is a pretty big commitment, it is a full time job and a half for crying out loud! :’D

in WvW

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

They’re basically forcing people to play their crappy game mode and zerg / Grind countless hours for a legendary back item… which all the other ones were easier to get and less time consuming… who cares if people gonna have it by the next week? Adding a grind mechanic is so stupid and should not exist in video games… How many people you see with legendary armor the first day it was released… no one cares how long it took you to get it… we were all just waiting for the release. I hope other legendary’s in the future dont take this long to get and tedious amount of hours…. You basically gotta play like 2000 hours for WvW Back item. and thats if you’re consistent . The Chest aren’t even repeatable so basically you do it for the week be done in 2-3 days at the most if you online 12-15 hours a day… then wait a whole week before you can even start again…

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

I almost have.

After a month since update I have claimed a whopping 65 tickets. At this rate I will get a mistforged weapon in about 5 months or get the first tier of the backpack in 5 months too. I’m not alone either, my server is mostly dead again. This update did very little to revitalize our server’s interest in WvW.

I know that these rewards are for the vets, and I’m glad you have this. I feel the rewards should be easier to get for the vets but still accessible to all. I know technically they are, but if you are low rank and on a server with little gameplay, then it’s near impossible to get. At this rate it would take about 3 1/2 years to get the full legendary backpack. That is after doing nothing but WvW. In that time I could do so much more in the other game modes. That and playing on a server that has little or no interest in WvW, make this game mode BORING. I’ve switched servers twice to follow the action, I don’t intend to do it anymore.

I hope Anet rebalances this soon. I really want to like WvW. I’ve had some very memorable experiences there and hope to again someday.

I feel you bro, but they’re most likely not going to listen to you. I even get salt all the time from other players saying this was needed and if you don’t like it deal with it. What kind of mentality is that? As a veteran.. as a supporter of a game i like… you’d think the devs would listen to their majority player base.. after all we are the ones still sticking to support the game… We buy gems when they have nice items… WE are the ones the bring newer players into the game. So why is it that when ever we have a concern and try to voice it.. It’s like they never listen or do the complete opposite. I’m completely lost at their logic at this point.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Kofiend.2530

Kofiend.2530

Nope, Just got the 2k rank chest armor for Heavy last week. Working the 2k rank armor for Med and then after light. These are nice little extras and are in no way even close to the main reason i play WvW. RIP to all the ppl who gave up and keep it up to the ppl still playing.

SF>SoR>TC>SBI>DB>SFR>BG>DB>SoS
[DN] Digital Nemesis

(edited by Kofiend.2530)

in WvW

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

I almost have.

After a month since update I have claimed a whopping 65 tickets. At this rate I will get a mistforged weapon in about 5 months or get the first tier of the backpack in 5 months too. I’m not alone either, my server is mostly dead again. This update did very little to revitalize our server’s interest in WvW.

I know that these rewards are for the vets, and I’m glad you have this. I feel the rewards should be easier to get for the vets but still accessible to all. I know technically they are, but if you are low rank and on a server with little gameplay, then it’s near impossible to get. At this rate it would take about 3 1/2 years to get the full legendary backpack. That is after doing nothing but WvW. In that time I could do so much more in the other game modes. That and playing on a server that has little or no interest in WvW, make this game mode BORING. I’ve switched servers twice to follow the action, I don’t intend to do it anymore.

I hope Anet rebalances this soon. I really want to like WvW. I’ve had some very memorable experiences there and hope to again someday.

I feel you bro, but they’re most likely not going to listen to you. I even get salt all the time from other players saying this was needed and if you don’t like it deal with it. What kind of mentality is that? As a veteran.. as a supporter of a game i like… you’d think the devs would listen to their majority player base.. after all we are the ones still sticking to support the game… We buy gems when they have nice items… WE are the ones the bring newer players into the game. So why is it that when ever we have a concern and try to voice it.. It’s like they never listen or do the complete opposite. I’m completely lost at their logic at this point.

I know of 10 ppl personally including myself who aren’t going after rewards anymore in fact, most of them have claimed it demotivated them to play the game mode entirely.

aka. “The Complainer”

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

My thoughts are if you enter WvW with the “what’s in it for me” attitude, that will kill the game mode faster than anything else.

Yet this is exactly what this pip system encourages. Look at the decay thread where there is 1 guy who gets his participation up then sets a timer and goes back to PvE then hops back in WvW when his timer goes.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Dinas Dragonbane.2978

Which is it – do you want more people playing WvW or do you want them to go do PvE, because as it stands you won’t get many new players with this reward system either way.

You vets need to stop being snowflakes and make up your minds – do you want more people playing WvW or don’t you?

Vets want more people PLAYING WvW, not complaining about how bad the best rewards WvW has ever witnessed are.

Do I as a WvW player want the reward offered from the raids? Yes I do. Am I willing to put forth the TIME and EFFORT to find a group that’s capable and be able to be a good contributor to the group? No, not really…so I just don’t do it, and I play other aspects of the game(like WvW). Complaining doesn’t exactly need to happen and is drawing the ire of the people who were enjoying the game mode well before these rewards and even the previous added reward tracks.

Dinas Dragonbane, the Danger Ranger
Tri-Lead of Ascension [WAR] of Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Tifa.6473

Tifa.6473

I almost have.

Wvw was never about the rewards but that’s what it seems to be for the newer breed of wvwers. If you want to be greedy then you have pve land.

Tifa
Reaper
Everything she touched crumbled to dust.

in WvW

Posted by: Deihnyx.6318

Deihnyx.6318

Wvw was never about the rewards but that’s what it seems to be for the newer breed of wvwers. If you want to be greedy then you have pve land.

No. It is for everyone, not just new players.
It’s untrue to say that rewards is just wanted by new players. Vets keep reminding everyone wvw has never rewarded them. Every. Single. Day. It’s definitely in everyone’s mind.

The amount of time expected per week is definitely not on the greedy side.
If new players get to learn a mode and like it initially for the rewards, what’s wrong with it?

And by the way, that includes casual vets as well.

(edited by Deihnyx.6318)

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Rewards don’t encourage players to stick around unless they love the mode, look at what happened to spvp. As it happens these rewards are so long term that some may stick around for that length of time however that is a double edged sword with it also serving as a demotivating factor for a lot of players. Plus the way these rewards are structured don’t encourage players to play ‘for their server’ they just encourage players to play in a way to maximise their pips.

I want anet to actually make changes to fix the mode not just fritter away with short term solutions that don’t make any real difference or make the mode better.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Tiny Doom.4380

Tiny Doom.4380

I never even spent the tickets I got in the Seasons. It’s always seemed to me that you get all the gear you need to play WvW in WvW. Exotics and Ascended jewellery is plenty for regular play and if you play regularly you’ll get some Ascended weapons/Armor chests here and there.

I’m fine with no rewards in WvW other than the random drops from kills and rank chests. The pip system is quite amusing to play with but I won’t spend the tickets so it’s all a bit meaningless.

I’d rather WvW had far fewer players – maybe enough to fill just one tier – but all of those players were there because they cared about the Match, the outcome, the score, their server and all the stuff that makes WvW about something more than just your personal status and your character’s gear. I’d like to see a lot more focus on building unique server or team identities and a lot less on individual rewards.

So, no I haven’t given up on the rewards because I never cared for them in the first place.

in WvW

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I have. Without outnumbered and unable to keep participation when i run from target to target i simply cannot live from 2 pips per tick

in WvW

Posted by: Euryon.9248

Euryon.9248

MOST people new to WvW are going to look at this reward system and how long it takes to get anything as a new player and not even bother.

If they’re only here for the rewards, then no, I’d rather not have them. I’m all for new players, but it needs to be new players who want to play wvw, not those who are here only for the shiny.

in WvW

Posted by: Teon.5168

Teon.5168

I never really gave much attention to the added rewards in wvw. That’s not why I am there. I play it for the fun of it, not to grind out some shinys.

Forum discussions -
Mmo players with a screw loose vs mmo players with two screws loose. All very important stuff.
-Zenleto-

in WvW

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

Never had high expectations for the rewards, since I pretty much guessed how it’s going to be.

The Legendary backpack and other high-tier rewards are for those who spend 10 hours in WvW every day of the year, not for us who play a hour or two every night and barely get out of Wood before the track resets. And I’m fine with it.

in WvW

Posted by: TheToxicFox.8710

TheToxicFox.8710

I’m just gonna come right out and just rant on how ridiculous a rank you have to be in order to get the mistforged triumphant armor. How INSANE is Anet these days? Well if you were curious look at the ranks required.

Piece | Rank
Helm 1800
Shoulders 1700
Chest 2000
Gloves 1500
Leggings 1900
Boots 1600

And to clarify, I played wvw back in 2014 and got my mistforged daggers. Am a somewhat vet player to gw2 and played hours in wvw and i’m barely approaching rank 100. Obviously I enjoy more pve but if I can’t get these within the 100’s I’m not even interested in working for the armor.

(edited by TheToxicFox.8710)

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

got my heavy armour t3 chest piece last night – so no I have not given up….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

You have to Zerg A LOT LOL , i been roaming since 2013 and i’m only 1700 rank.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Rencruzer.9614

Rencruzer.9614

I’d be great if Tomes of Knowledge gave WvW rank, they’re so useless.

in WvW

Sazukikrah.5036

I’d be great if Tomes of Knowledge gave WvW rank, they’re so useless.

yea i got like 500 tomes of knowledge… spirit shards are kinda useless too.

Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

And to clarify, I played wvw back in 2014 and got my mistforged daggers. Am a somewhat vet player to gw2 and played hours in wvw and i’m barely approaching rank 100. Obviously I enjoy more pve but if I can’t get these within the 100’s I’m not even interested in working for the armor.

Don’t work for T3 armor. Work for T2 armor and T2 weapons. You have plenty of stuff to collect before your tickets overflow.

If you play consistently and rank at a decent pace, you will reach rank 1500 without having run out of things to get. I’ve done the math.

Nalhadia – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Rencruzer.9614

Rencruzer.9614

Don’t work for T3 armor. Work for T2 armor and T2 weapons. You have plenty of stuff to collect before your tickets overflow.

If you play consistently and rank at a decent pace, you will reach rank 1500 without having run out of things to get. I’ve done the math.

What is a decent pace for ranks? I follow tags and try to do as much as I can roaming camps but I can barely get 2 ranks an hour. By my math it’ll take me over 800 hours to get to 2000 (almost 400 currently). Just for an ascended chest with cool wing thingies.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I mainly dont care for rewards or loot in general.I play for fun..at times i can still have fun but mostly not so much anymore.But loot is something i really dont care about at all.

in WvW

Posted by: Sarrs.4831

Sarrs.4831

What is a decent pace for ranks? I follow tags and try to do as much as I can roaming camps but I can barely get 2 ranks an hour. By my math it’ll take me over 800 hours to get to 2000 (almost 400 currently). Just for an ascended chest with cool wing thingies.

2 an hour is what I’d consider a reasonable rate and what I used for my math.

Nalhadia – Kaineng