Health Pool - It's far too low

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Being darn tanky, pretty good at not getting killed, I was one shotted several times in that last preview weekend, never before is it more apparent that the health pool, our vitality is far too low in WvW, and only WvW.

Let me try to explain why;

In pve, one has a world to run around in, some things will give conditions, run after you, stun, block, interrupt, all these… and more… but unless, like in the Bloodstone Fen, you are alone at the very bottom of the Fen, you can get away from any mobs. Down there, you will be toast if you stay still for long. Not many areas are like this but it illustrates that some areas we aren’t meant to be alone. So in most other maps, DS, Bloodstone Fen and a few others, vitality isn’t a huge issue – nor would it be.

In pvp, it’s a sandbox, but you have equal numbers, a very controlled by still equal in numbers in theory, if no one sits down or leaves… If you are decent in pvp, you will be about 50-50ish in your matches with better and worse players, but your loot will march on and your skills matter to your teammates – your health pool not so much.

But in WvW, you can have anywhere from 2-50+ run across a map and mow you down if you aren’t fast enough to outrun that fastest toon of theirs. Pew, Pew, no skills you try will go off and you are dead. No questions, no mitigation, dead.

Add to that lag and, scores are changed by lag, everyone has to admit that by now.

Also, havoc and large groups, against one another are not even numbers in any scenario I can think of – we pick off the weakest hoping the group collapses. Most fall easily with condi bombs well placed and one side or the other is usually down and out in a very few moments or minutes – rinse repeat. The quickness a 40 man squad can be downed is awful.

But what if you had to work a bit harder for that ‘kill’?

What if instead of being ‘one shotted’ you had a health pool that gave you a chance, even 50-1 to slip the noose, so to speak?

Fights that are over in seconds would last much longer, give it a cap so all can hit a number but what we have now, no matter how you figure it, the health pool is far too low with the scathing builds I come across that can’t be taken down with any less than 5 now…

Give the rest of us that same chance that ‘some’ are being given.

The new skills, as I stated at the outset, are even more devastating (I wish nerf proponents would go away) so why not raise the health pool and make people work for that kill?

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

This is a learn to play issue.

So I will give you some advice to help you learn to play through this issue:
1. Choose your class wisely, necro is just a large hp pool….it is exactly the problem you describe here. Whereas something like warrior offers you this “IMMUNITY” you seem to think doesn’t exist….it can be 50 vs 1 and the warrior has access to 2x endure pains (9s ttl when traited), berserker stance for 9s resistance distributed as 3s pulses 3x, you also get defiant stance which is a heal on hit….so this offers even a set immunity for even the worst condi boonstrip bombings.

2. use food. I shouldn’t even have to say it at this point. If you are angry at something related to fighting in wvsw and you don’t use food…..just what are you doing?
Dmg reduction food is the most blatantly powerful food ingame stat-wise, and anet gives it nothing but love and support while nerfing everything else.

3. dodge. use sigil of energy. dodge. it offers full immunity from dmg 2×....you won’t find something like this just blatantly provided to all classses by default in many games.

4. be map aware. there’s no way a zerg of 50 will just appear out of nowhere ontop of you if you are paying attention to where you are and whats around you.

5. you have downed state, learn to take advantage of this.

6. be aware of how the game works….anything goes in a fight, and numbers determine most outcomes. So choose a build that allows you to pick where and when the fight will be in your favour, and allows you to withdraw otherwise.

7. Be VERY aware that the reason you are able to mow through a group of 20, regardless of how well they are playing, with a group of 50, without even trying, is because of target caps. Infact its kinda hilarious your whole post is about getting ‘1shotted’ by any number of players, and your solution is to increase something like your hp. I mean what if you could 1 shot 50 people who were trying to 1 shot you? How would that change things do you think? Instead you just want to be able to kite/survive longer without sacrificing your damage/utility. You ever kinda wonder what you propose would do to the gameplay of wvsw? What would increasing everyone’s health pools DO to the game do you think….can you honestly say there is more positive than negative to be had if its implemented into the current gamemode (cause i definitely can’t….)?

8. you even got invulnerability when you get put into downed state…..I mean cmon.

9. Numbers…..bring more to a fight, you will tank exponentially higher just by having more people around you due to how downed state functions.

If you want more, just ask. I can give you my trailblazer warrior build….and you will never die to anything less than 4+ medium skilled fighers, or 2+ highly skilled fighters. Why do I not run my trailbalzer warrior build you ask? Cause it is the most boring thing ever to play, you can’t get anyhting done cause you kill so slowly. And the longer you sit there fighting the more likely more enemies will come and you just get swarmed. You can 1vs1 a pro burst thief indefinitely without either of you dying……its just ridiculous.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

(edited by Cerby.1069)

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You do know that this will only empower already low hp/high damage builds and make next to zero change for the rest? Ie the complete opposite of what you want. If you want to reduce damage, cap the dmg multiplier and crit rate. There is a reason why skills that do “500 damage” for some reason hit for 5000 damage.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

i mean just …. get good there is a reason in 5 years this has not happened and WvW players have enjoyed the game mode.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

While some of what the OP talked about can be fixed with l2p, it can’t be argued that there’s been power creep in the game. For those who don’t know, it started about 3 years ago when they decoupled stats from traits. The balance was never quite right from the baseline stats, and it definitely favored power. Then with HoT, some builds and core specs put out insane burst damage, not just power burst, like DD thief or GS headbutt warrior, but condi burst as well, like with mesmers putting 25 stacks of confusion or guards with burning in one second. We’ve all been one shotted or close to it, and that is just unbalanced gameplay. I’ve advocated for years that they up toughness/vitality base. I’m not alone. Not by much, maybe 25%, but it needs to be done.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Spurnshadow.3678

Spurnshadow.3678

i mean just …. get good there is a reason in 5 years this has not happened and WvW players have enjoyed the game mode.

Wrong.

Things were pretty balanced at first. Started about 3 years ago.

Just because something is bad, even since launch, doesn’t mean it doesn’t need to be changed.

Blackgate Native. It takes tremendous strength and skill to pull a lever.

in WvW

Posted by: Rangerdeity.5847

Rangerdeity.5847

While some of what the OP talked about can be fixed with l2p, it can’t be argued that there’s been power creep in the game. For those who don’t know, it started about 3 years ago when they decoupled stats from traits. The balance was never quite right from the baseline stats, and it definitely favored power. Then with HoT, some builds and core specs put out insane burst damage, not just power burst, like DD thief or GS headbutt warrior, but condi burst as well, like with mesmers putting 25 stacks of confusion or guards with burning in one second. We’ve all been one shotted or close to it, and that is just unbalanced gameplay. I’ve advocated for years that they up toughness/vitality base. I’m not alone. Not by much, maybe 25%, but it needs to be done.

That just means offensive abilities need nerfing. Particularly the condi meta. the essence of balancing is fixing outliers not buffing everything to match the outlier. if you buff health and toughness how many abilities and traits that dealt moderate reasonable damage are now trash? oooooooor you could just nerf burn guard epibombs and reaper bleeds.

in WvW

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Vitality is int its efficiency just too weak. Anet should increase the laughable 10 HP per Vitality Point up to like 25 HP per point, so that a high vitality build effectively means also too alot more of health for you than being on a low vitaliy build.

Aside of this should anet remove this silly 3 type base health system of 2012 and begin to rebalance finally the base health of each class individually, that would fit to the game balance of GW2 much better.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

just learn to put weakness in your builds or chill you see your tankyness skyrocket.

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

Damage, conditions, and auto procs overall have gone up since HoT, it’s going to get worse again with the new elite specs, meanwhile health pools haven’t changed. If anyone believes it’s not an issue, well then might as well go all in, and I hope they keep the 100k+ damage that deadeyes are capable of, and scourge keep all their corruptions.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

While some of what the OP talked about can be fixed with l2p, it can’t be argued that there’s been power creep in the game.

True, but the OP is also comparing to the PoF beta stuff which almost invariably is going to get nerfed. Additionally it was the first time we saw all that new stuff, the animations, the effects with barrier, the new teleports, the boon strips/corrupts, etc. That’s the point of the L2P comment. We haven’t yet had a long enough chance to learn to play with and against that new stuff so using it to say HP is too low doesn’t give a good baseline to even build an argument on.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

in WvW

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

Have been away but heard condi got nerfed? Right?

gaem not made for mi
===========

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Scourge’s barriers, Firebrand’s Aegis for days…some things in the next Xpac are going to help, but they may not be enough to counter the extra condi and power creep we’ll see along with it.

in WvW

Posted by: Sovereign.1093

Sovereign.1093

hi

sigil of energy, dodge roll, saffron bread, hoel brak runes, atleast 1 stun break, def trait, leap skill = zerg kite =)

and these are all available from tp and your toon =)

i tried it on berserker ele to minstrel guard. just practice

time your skills dodge leap and heal. do not spam and you will be fine and from this, iterate into whats popular wirh your own touch

[Salt] Heavy Loot Bag

Always Loyal

(edited by Sovereign.1093)