Hello! Lets talk about bugs

in WvW

Posted by: Darius Glazkov.9750

Darius Glazkov.9750

Greetings, WvW enthusiasts & developer!

I’d just like to start out by saying what a beautiful job you’ve done with the map design. Really, you’ve outdone yourselves! The new areas are really well done and thought out. I think the new maps, personally, were worth the wait.

While I personally disagree with the stat buff, I will not comment further on it – as I would be slightly biased in my opinion of it.

All I ask is that you review your bug report submissions. This is something that was done in previous revisions of the game, but it seems the attention to bug reports and exploits e-mail have fallen since then. While I hope that some of the reports get looked at, I will address some of the ones here that need to be fixed now.

Please hotfix the following issues;

• MASSIVE multi-map lag spikes related to the buff changing hands. I understand why this is lagging (stat recalculations done on every player), but the issue is the buff is being reapplied like 20 times/sec for several seconds occasionally. Not sure whats going on here.

ps. I said I won’t comment, but I’ll leave this here. Guard stacks + Superior bloodlust bonus = OP. http://i.imgur.com/svxy78b.jpg

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

(edited by Darius Glazkov.9750)

in WvW

Posted by: Hugh Norfolk

Hugh Norfolk

PvP Game Designer

Thank you for letting us know! We have a fix for this and will be putting it out as soon as possible.

in WvW

Posted by: CrAzY.3275

CrAzY.3275

Yay they read em!

in WvW

Posted by: Perphection.8209

Perphection.8209

I’m 1-step ahead of you, my HDD suddenly had more free space today.

Moose Man Jones [vT]
- Charr Warrior
- Charr Necromancer

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Virindiira.1025

Virindiira.1025

so until you made an hotfix should i stop using a ram so i dont get the buff? or what should i do so i dont get the buff? ^^

in WvW

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Rekka always so nice

As for the other posts, it does look like its quitting time. I know WvW was what was keeping a lot of people still playing this game.

Today is a sad day, poor development, poor decision making and poor WvW

But.. we do have Camelot Unchained to look forward to.

[Ark]Noober

in WvW

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Rekka stop being so nice. Just tell them they did a horrible job as you and whole scnd thinks.

in WvW

Posted by: Vi Au.8341

Vi Au.8341

servers should not be able to hold the orbs if they do not own all 3 objectives.
if a server caps 3/5 and get the orb buff than leaves, and lose 1 of the 3, they should lose the buff.

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Come take it from us Bippy!

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

The cannon at the orchard ruin (northeast one) seems to hit the boards it is sitting on when you try and target half the control point. Seems pretty pointless if it can’t shoot down.

in WvW

Darius Glazkov.9750

Rekka stop being so nice. Just tell them they did a horrible job as you and whole scnd thinks.

I’m withholding my “biased” opinions. I’ll simply hope they read the other discussions going on and take other’s opinions into consideration. My biggest dream would be for ArenaNet to open up to the community and launch a test server similar to how other MMOs do, to allow the playerbase to test these kinds of changes beforehand.

The cannon at the orchard ruin (northeast one) seems to hit the boards it is sitting on when you try and target half the control point. Seems pretty pointless if it can’t shoot down.

Thanks! Lets start listing other issues in hope that they get seen here. Don’t forget to also submit bug reports in-game.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in WvW

Posted by: EFWinters.5421

EFWinters.5421

Lots of testing™ needs to be done before they can push out updates.

Human Guardian
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: ParaldaWind.4523

ParaldaWind.4523

Yeah I’ve seen quite a few people running around with the iron hide buff off of rams. I also nearly lag out every time the bloodlust buff changes hands. It’s very very laggy for a few seconds. Could make a big difference in large fights.

I know you said you didn’t want to comment on this, but these stats are ridiculous on my
guardian.

Atk: 3464, Crit %: 54, Crit Damage: 68, 23k health, 3700 armor with 3 bloodlust, 25 bloodlust, 5 guard leech, and 5 applied fort.

No tears, only dreams
[PYRO]
Maguuma – youtube.com/pyrogw2

in WvW

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Greetings, WvW enthusiasts & developer!

I’d just like to start out by saying what a beautiful job you’ve done with the map design. Really, you’ve outdone yourselves! The new areas are really well done and thought out. I think the new maps, personally, were worth the wait.

While I personally disagree with the stat buff, I will not comment further on it – as I would be slightly biased in my opinion of it.

All I ask is that you review your bug report submissions. This is something that was done in previous revisions of the game, but it seems the attention to bug reports and exploits e-mail have fallen since then. While I hope that some of the reports get looked at, I will address some of the ones here that need to be fixed now.

Please hotfix the following issues;

• MASSIVE multi-map lag spikes related to the buff changing hands. I understand why this is lagging (stat recalculations done on every player), but the issue is the buff is being reapplied like 20 times/sec for several seconds occasionally. Not sure whats going on here.

ps. I said I won’t comment, but I’ll leave this here. Guard stacks + Major orb bonus = OP. http://i.imgur.com/3QIR621.jpg

Just to add 1 more thing to all the player and calculation thing – NPCs have the same buffs and get calculated as well.

in WvW

Darius Glazkov.9750

Just to add 1 more thing to all the player and calculation thing – NPCs have the same buffs and get calculated as well.

Correct! 30 NPCs for just camps, not including spawn NPCs and Keeps as well. Across 3 maps and all servers, adds up after a while.

The 2 issues addressed need to be fixed ASAP.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in WvW

Posted by: daimonos.9831

daimonos.9831

I’m just out of WvW. I had the “Iron Hide” buff for about 30-40 mins after using a ram. I didn’t want to log out! 50% damage reduction, plus Bloodlust stacks – my warr was just indestructible. Good times! Do please hotfix asap, thank you :- )

in WvW

Posted by: saiyr.3071

saiyr.3071

to be fair, he’s famous

[DERP] Saiyr, “bff” of Sgt Killjoy

(edited by Moderator)

in WvW

Posted by: Urrid.4593

Urrid.4593

Lots of testing™ needs to be done before they can push out updates.

hahaha

ahhhh hahah ahhhh hah.

Coral -Mesmer- Omnomnivore and TC’er.

in WvW

Posted by: Xolido.2847

Xolido.2847

I know a 3rd devil, that dont like to auction things anymore!!

Devil here i come !!

in WvW

Posted by: Paxus.6543

Paxus.6543

Thank you for letting us know! We have a fix for this and will be putting it out as soon as possible.

I know a super easy fix for this!!! Take out the stat buff! it will be a win win!

in WvW

Darius Glazkov.9750

I hope so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jto1w5Sy7VE

The most disappointing part – this is proof if there ever was that things do not get tested. Issues such as the one displayed in this video are not found by TRYING to break the game or abuse mechanics. These are found by simply playing WvW as intended by the devs.

The example in the video above was done on purpose, timing the required boons and such necessary to maintain the 90~100%+ damage reduction.

You’ve said it yourself, MMOs are a very complex thing. For the sake of your playerbase, please allow players to help bug test these kinds of future features. There is no shame in having test servers, some of the longest living MMOs have given this option to players. Players will help test things like this for free.

The people speaking out in these discussions may seem a bit critical at times, but these people are passionate about this game and what it has brought, they want to see the game succeed as much as you do.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

(edited by Darius Glazkov.9750)

in WvW

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

I hope so. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jto1w5Sy7VE

^ Seriously, please hotfix.

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

in WvW

Posted by: ManaCraft.5630

ManaCraft.5630

Since we’re talking about bugs, the movement speed buff on Rune of the Traveler hasn’t been fixed, and still affects golems.

in WvW

Posted by: x per fection x.2096

x per fection x.2096

Torment runes still don’t work on a couple thief heals, don’t hold your breath.

Also LoL @ that vid, open field rams all day. New meta. kitten not like anyone called that a month in advance… wonder if Anet is secretly one six year old just pressing random buttons?

Not like the last year of complete fail updates would give you any kind of idea about testing out updates before they go live… to obvious

[Ark]Noober

in WvW

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

But.. we do have Camelot Unchained to look forward to.

Don’t hold your breath. Has much has I liked the retail version of the game, and even frontiers, they utterly destroyed WarHammer. Some of the retail developers have assisted some of the more recently failed MMO’s for which I won’t mention names.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in WvW

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

in WvW

Posted by: Stenia.9623

Stenia.9623

As many many forum threads have said, they need to change the way the buff is lost, lost 1 out of the 1 you lose the buff instead of recapping them all

“Jade Quarry overstacked in TKG timezone”

Necro Class Lead for Night Shift [NS]

in WvW

Posted by: Zenguy.6421

Zenguy.6421

Let’s not forget the process bug that meant these things weren’t found before release.

Or is the system working as intended: keep the testing short, get the changes out quick, use the might of live GW2 to find any bugs, and use hot-fixes to clean-up any serious bugs?
(FYI, this is a perfectly legitimate approach, and while it does mean releases will be messy, it is a way to shorten the development cycle and get more changes out faster.)

in WvW

Posted by: Rosy.5194

Rosy.5194

Is it working as intended that you can catapult and treb Bay from the west side of the Hollow? I thought the new bloodlust areas weren’t supposed to be able to hit the keeps with siege.

Also, why the nerf on the garrison treb-the-bay spot? You could hit those trebs from below with an arrow cart easily enough.

Rosy Dawn – [CNB]

in WvW

Posted by: Elcron.1208

Elcron.1208

Let’s talk about bugs huh?? How about that classic one that’s been around since launch… Any eta on when the party ui will be fixed in wvw?

El Kharnno – Elementalist – Commander
Myrmidon Elite [ME]
Seraphim Martyrs [BURN] – Maguuma

in WvW

Darius Glazkov.9750

How about that classic one that’s been around since launch… Any eta on when the party ui will be fixed in wvw?

Which? There are several! :p

What is broken on the party UI besides duration of boons currently? I don’t think I’m aware of any issues with it.

Rékka
Second Law [Scnd]

in WvW

Posted by: Elcron.1208

Elcron.1208

How about that classic one that’s been around since launch… Any eta on when the party ui will be fixed in wvw?

What is broken on the party UI besides duration of boons currently? I don’t think I’m aware of any issues with it.

You know the one! You only drilled it into our heads to leave party before logging off :p

Being unable to kick offline people, or even online unless they’re standing somewhere close to you. Unable to invite people from friends lists or guild chat (also noticed I can’t accept friend requests in WvW so it goes beyond just parties whatever causes this issue).

El Kharnno – Elementalist – Commander
Myrmidon Elite [ME]
Seraphim Martyrs [BURN] – Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: SabreWalrus.8647

SabreWalrus.8647

You know the one! You only drilled it into our heads to leave party before logging off :p

Being unable to kick offline people, or even online unless they’re standing somewhere close to you. Unable to invite people from friends lists or guild chat (also noticed I can’t accept friend requests in WvW so it goes beyond just parties whatever causes this issue).

I think it’s because they disabled all right-click options other than report in WvW to try and stop people whispering/communicating with other servers. Then they also removed the account name from being listed when reporting so you couldn’t get a hold of them that way either.

I don’t see what the point is. People communicate between servers anyways. Just let it be.

Zacharus, Warrior.
Second Law.

in WvW

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Is it working as intended that you can catapult and treb Bay from the west side of the Hollow? I thought the new bloodlust areas weren’t supposed to be able to hit the keeps with siege.

Also, why the nerf on the garrison treb-the-bay spot? You could hit those trebs from below with an arrow cart easily enough.

They can also hit Towers, its ridiculous that along with the “super” cannon they can place what ever siege there as they want and most of them have choke points that a few AC and a cata or 2 could easily stop anyone getting near it

Plus being at such a high point, not only can they fire further but they are pretty much immune to any sort of counter siege.