Help Transfer Decision

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: Neocyte.8357

Neocyte.8357

Hello! I would like to thank your wonderful soul for clicking on this thread. Let me introduce myself: I am a proficient pve’er (usually dungeons) and wvw roamer who is currently in SF. The two servers I am weighing the scales on are FC and SBI. I find roaming to be extremely fun, but the road is often lonely and the fights are sadly sub-par.
Decent organization and friendliness also come into play in regards to pve. I wish to evaluate said servers with unbiased reasons as to whether I should transfer/avoid either server. If you believe that I would have better luck in another server, feel free to type what’s on your mind. Thank you for your time.

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: CyanideRain.3420

CyanideRain.3420

SBI is a great server with some awesome guilds, I’m not too versed in terms of the roaming scene and whatnot but in the upper 3 tiers, there are more players which means there are more players of all types. Try a T2/T3 server like SBI, TC or SoS (which might soon be T1), there are plenty of players with short queues – if any – and I always encounter roamers.

I know Lil B!

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: SpehssMehreen.5897

SpehssMehreen.5897

Do you like a hard fight or do you want to win? (ppt)

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Neocyte.8357

Winning gives me a sense of pride for my server, but I also have developed a prejudice for zerging. Being in a zerg makes me feel as if I’ve lost my individuality and skill. By all means, I am not a great roamer. I am still learning the ropes. I prefer a balance between both hard and moderately easy fights.

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: Banzie.5248

Banzie.5248

If you’re NA time zone I’d suggest FC then. If you are off hours, I’d suggest SBI

Isle Of Janthir

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Mag has great roamers, and we ( SBI) face them quite often

Commander Nachonix

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Neocyte.8357

Isn’t it also true that the chance of me being rolled over by a large zerg would be higher if I were to join SBI?

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

Yes you will meet zergs quite often, but serious ones dont “squirrel chase” as they call it here. Means people dont usually waste time chasing a single roamer

Commander Nachonix

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Neocyte.8357

I’ve heard that the community in SBI is excellent, but the roaming potential seems obscure. The opposite is true for FC. I’d like more confirmation on one’s experience roaming in SBI.

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: Muramasa.6487

Muramasa.6487

Don’t do any of these. Play League of Angels instead.

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Roaming in upper tiers, from what I hear, is absolutely miserable. Of course the answer is transfer to Darkhaven, but if you won’t do that then go FC.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: Archilese.3218

Archilese.3218

Wait are you trying to imply FC doesn’t have a great community?

Anyway speaking from experience, if ‘roaming’ means running around and killing players/dueling than SBI would be a great place, most zergs will ignore you and theres plenty of people to pick off.

If you want to take camps and what not, SBI is not the place for you. Upper tier servers won’t let you solo a bunch of camps it just won’t happen very often.

Here on FC and the lower tiers in general we have (arguably) the best roaming guilds in the game with plenty of players looking for duels and such but only during the NA timeslot, if you play OSX/SEA/EURO prepare to take every camp in the game completely unopposed.

Also the FC community is great, little to no drama, community teamspeak/website plenty of PvE or WvW guilds.

Archilese
Professional Rallybot

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

FC are good folks, your probably going to hit zergs regardless of your decision. With FC you will probably be facing less zergy servers though due to their ranking. Its not a case of them being bad but lower ranks have less zergs.

You can probably find fights on just about any server just remember the higher tier you go, the more coverage they have, the chances of hitting zergs increases.

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: Shonie.5297

Shonie.5297

Roaming will always be hit and miss, regardless of server or tier.
Some days will be good, some days will be bad. Such is the life of a roamer.
PvE community on SBI is very good, always lots of folks on Teamspeak in the tequatl and scarlet channels.

~Tarnished Coast~

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: limbeurt.9642

limbeurt.9642

Hit me up ingame while you’re still on SF, myself and a couple friends are roaming vets who recently moved to Darkhaven. We will gladly challenge you to a few duels! We also have a few principles so you won’t see any of us face you with PU, Perplexity, Perma stealth, condi bunk or similar kind of cheese.

FC is somewhat renowned for its healthy amount of roamers, I don’t know ’bout you but we long to fight those guys, not join them! DH and FC should technically be matched against each other every week but the matchmaking system has been trolling us

Guild tag is [Mate] btw

(edited by limbeurt.9642)

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: Bhodi Le.6251

Bhodi Le.6251

Join Maguuma, only thing we dont have is insane population numbers

Night Wing
Human Ranger
MADguuma

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

I would definitely recommend FC over SBI for roaming, having fought both of them at length before.

Yarr/Main/SNKY/SS are all notable roaming guilds from FC.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: Helzy.4036

Helzy.4036

I would recommend FC, as a player from AR I can say these guys are pretty good people I do enjoy playing against them. They seem to have quite a few roamers, as does many of the lower tiered servers. You will have a better chance finding other roamers with less of a Zerg worry in the lower Tiers.

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

I went to Mag because of its reputation of having roamers that simply play the game regardless of the matchup, or the PPT. Our group looks for fights, and there are plenty of them to be had up here.

The roaming is much better up here than on SF, mainly because we can track the enemy zergs much easier, there are generally more players on, and I have had less queues on Mag than I did on SF.

I have seen some roamers on SBI, but they also zerg/ppt a lot. I personally like it on Mag, because from what I have seen, the only PPT chasing we do is just enough to make sure we stay on this tier/level to stay in good fights.

Mag Server Leader

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: Solstice.1097

Solstice.1097

I went to Mag because of its reputation of having roamers that simply play the game regardless of the matchup, or the PPT. Our group looks for fights, and there are plenty of them to be had up here.

The roaming is much better up here than on SF, mainly because we can track the enemy zergs much easier, there are generally more players on, and I have had less queues on Mag than I did on SF.

I have seen some roamers on SBI, but they also zerg/ppt a lot. I personally like it on Mag, because from what I have seen, the only PPT chasing we do is just enough to make sure we stay on this tier/level to stay in good fights.

LOL WHAT you’ve had less queues on Maguuma than on Sorrow’s Furnace??

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

LOL WHAT you’ve had less queues on Maguuma than on Sorrow’s Furnace??

Judging by the score (this week) I doubt I would have queues on SF, but even in bad matches SF will queue EB on many nights during NA prime. It might not be a long queue, and might not happen every night.

The biggest difference I have seen is that the Queues I get on Mag are from a map zerg hopping from map to map, whereas on SF it was more of a true queue, meaning that I sat in queues longer on SF than on Mag by comparison.

The queue thing is probably worse on the SBI’s, and FA’s of these tiers, the worst I have had on Mag was SBI BL, and it was about 15 minutes. Once leagues start again (if they start again) I look for the queue count to go up, but hell it was horrible on SF too back during leagues.

Mag Server Leader

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Perhaps Vabbi. Plenty of room to roam and not a soul to hassle you.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

Help Transfer Decision

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Anything above T4 is going to be very zerg heavy. T4 is moderate but still pretty zergy. BP has good roaming and most of our guilds are skirmish/skill group based but currently we are stuck with an Oceanic server which isn’t very fun.

T5 always seemed to be the sweet spot to me.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”