Help me Find my perfect WvW class for me

in WvW

Posted by: loki.7928

loki.7928

Hey fellow WvWers

I’m looking for my perfect WvW/Zerg Class..

What do i like?
Sword and Shield!!!!! I just love it so much. It needs atleast have Sword and shield in the spec.
Support I just love to support my Guild with Buffs(Heals is a cherry on top for me).
Heavy Armor is a small plus but not a must.

A ranged weapon/spec for World bosses/fractal is plus(doesn’t need to be support).

Its doesn’t need to be a PoF elite spec. A Core or HoT spec is fine by me.

Atm i’m kinda torn between Support Herald and a Chronomancer. I didn’t Really got the time to try and test the Firebrand. But that might be a pick to.

(edited by loki.7928)

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Well hello Linda.

Do you like close combat? Or ranged? That seems like that is a defining question with the two classes you note.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

It needs atleast have Sword and shield in the spec.

[..]

Atm i’m Linda torn between Support Herald and a Chronomancer.

There you go. Both of those can use Sword and Shield. Maybe there’s a Warrior build too, but I think that’s the solo “Run-Away Warrior” build, which seems to have disappeared in favour of thieves and more thieves.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

loki.7928

Well hello Linda.

Do you like close combat? Or ranged? That seems like that is a defining question with the two classes you note.

For WvW i like/Love Melee and CloseCombat. But for some reason i dislike it in pve..

in WvW

loki.7928

It needs atleast have Sword and shield in the spec.

[..]

Atm i’m Linda torn between Support Herald and a Chronomancer.

There you go. Both of those can use Sword and Shield. Maybe there’s a Warrior build too, but I think that’s the solo “Run-Away Warrior” build, which seems to have disappeared in favour of thieves and more thieves.

Thx. Good to see both are viable.

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Well hello Linda.

For WvW i like/Love Melee and CloseCombat. But for some reason i dislike it in pve..

Mes chrono tends to be more support and ranged. Not exclusively, but mostly.

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Well hello Linda.

Mes chrono tends to be more support and ranged. Not exclusively, but mostly.

Saying support chrono is ranged at all is plainly wrong. Sword/shield has no range at all and staff only ranged thing is chaos storm, while it being casted when you are in melee range is much better. All your utility skills are pbaoe with exception of null field if you are running it. Well of Etenrity and gravity well/time warp are ranged also, but again tend to be better if cast when you are in melee range.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hey fellow WvWers

What do i like?
Sword and Shield!!!!! I just love it so much. It needs atleast have Sword and shield in the spec.
Support I just love to support my Guild with Buffs(Heals is a cherry on top for me).

A ranged weapon/spec for World bosses/fractal is plus(doesn’t need to be support).

Atm i’m kinda torn between Support Herald and a Chronomancer. I didn’t Really got the time to try and test the Firebrand. But that might be a pick to.

Hi

Just FYI, if you go full support on rev, avoid shield because it roots you and causes you to die, be constantly out of position whenever you use it. Also ventari / herald is a truly great support build, but requires a lot of healing power and outgoing healing effectiveness stats (around 1400ish minimum).

If you enjoy sword and shield, I recommend guardian and warrior. Sword + shield spellbreakers (warriors) will be pretty good in upcoming expansion. And current mace / shield guards are good also. You can swap the mace on guard for more offence and less defense and go a bit more hybrid if you like.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

loki.7928

Hey fellow WvWers

What do i like?

Hi

Just FYI, if you go full support on rev, avoid shield because it roots you and causes you to die, be constantly out of position whenever you use it. Also ventari / herald is a truly great support build, but requires a lot of healing power and outgoing healing effectiveness stats (around 1400ish minimum).

If you enjoy sword and shield, I recommend guardian and warrior. Sword + shield spellbreakers (warriors) will be pretty good in upcoming expansion. And current mace / shield guards are good also. You can swap the mace on guard for more offence and less defense and go a bit more hybrid if you like.

That sounds good. i’ll think about it.

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

M/S Guard or Sw/Sh chronomancer if you want to run with the zerg. The guard qualifies for everything you said except the sword part. The chrono is skill-intensive and can be a game-changer, but doesn’t fit in much stylistically.

Otherwise you’re pretty restricted to roaming/small-scale. Sw/Sh rev and chrono are good for this, but you’re better off playing them both as damage dealers with some degree of supportive elements.

in WvW

Posted by: Scamander.5147

Scamander.5147

For Sword and Shield the only profession that can use that optimally is Mesmer / Chronomancer Minstrel boonshare. You wont have much damage but your support will be top notch.

For warrior if Mace / shield is a suitable option many builds run that but rarely as the ‘main’ weapons.

Revenant can technically use sword / shield but it would be inferior to using a Staff. If that is fine for you then http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnfNWNSuJrJRJl/ksjygS4S5QJorcrkFNFSdG34HtFIANwegLshA-T1SBQBmRJ4VU6lRlBA4BAQJ1funmANcEAm4FAYf7PsgDBAe0BEAAB4m3MbezAn38m38m38QKgMXpB-w this build, but replace Staff with Sword/shield. I will say once more though, it won’t be as good as using a staff but you will be a great support still with nice damage and its a really fun build.

Maybe engi in the expansion though, but I dont know much about Holosmith.

in WvW

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Hey fellow WvWers

What do i like?

Kinda seems like you wanted to have a Druid-Guardian crossbreed.

I think you should ask some more questions, perhaps you will get closer to finding out what you want after looking at/answering these example questions;

Do you prefer mobility over durability?
Do you wish for individual survival, rather then collectively dependent survival?
Do you want Sword and Shield for the great aestethics or for the skills?
What other kinds of weapons do you like using?

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in WvW

Posted by: Sagramor.7395

Sagramor.7395

M/S Guard or Sw/Sh chronomancer if you want to run with the zerg. The guard qualifies for everything you said except the sword part. The chrono is skill-intensive and can be a game-changer, but doesn’t fit in much stylistically.

Otherwise you’re pretty restricted to roaming/small-scale. Sw/Sh rev and chrono are good for this, but you’re better off playing them both as damage dealers with some degree of supportive elements.

I’m gonna second this. Give Mace/Shield Guardian a look.

in WvW

loki.7928

Hey fellow WvWers

What do i like?

Kinda seems like you wanted to have a Druid-Guardian crossbreed.

I think you should ask some more questions, perhaps you will get closer to finding out what you want after looking at/answering these example questions;

Do you prefer mobility over durability?
Do you wish for individual survival, rather then collectively dependent survival?
Do you want Sword and Shield for the great aestethics or for the skills?
What other kinds of weapons do you like using?

I like durability over mobility
I like Sword/Shield so much because of there eastethics. (Its fashion war after all).
For other weapons i like Greatsword and bows. Neutral Hammer/axes/staff/gun What i dislike are torch/warhorn/scepter.

I’m always Linda like the Paladin theme in WoW.

Geen PoF was anounched i was hoping for a sw/sh / staff support for WvW. And a dragen hunter for PvE. But after the test and Reading the forum. I was not happy. Or do i listen to much to trolls/ people whine all day on forums?

in WvW

Posted by: Swamurabi.7890

Swamurabi.7890

The only fashion war in WvW is with tonics.

You really need to play the classes your WvW guild likes to run with and pick the one that you like the best, regardless of weapons.

in WvW

Posted by: Velran.1052

Velran.1052

Dragonhunter. Sword/shield + LB Marauder is meta now and its incredibly strong, and has nice buffing capabilities. Only downside is that it doesn’t have its own movement speed, So it relies on either traveler runes or swiftness from other people.