Hero Points in WvW (blog up)

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Seems fair i guess though its going to make map completion a lot easier for wvw players then pve players lol.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Char.4209

Char.4209

hmmm, disturbing News…
Should I drink my 130 Thimbles and 5 Kegs before HOT or should I receive the boosters.
I have 14 Birthday Boosters 20 Celebration Boosters and 120 Enchanted Reward Boosts. I am just too lazy to use them.

in WvW

Posted by: Fryggenbart.3907

Fryggenbart.3907

These experience boosters are consumed immediately

why? what’s the thought behind it?

“ok, let’s quickly finish my daily” -> great, now I get +50% xp while just standing in Lions Arch to chat with someone or while I need to be afk for 10 minutes, without wanting to log out

Reta del Bratfish
Piken Square [EU]

in WvW

Posted by: Hexalot.8194

Hexalot.8194

The question is… can we convert out current ranks gained from previous WvWing into the “proofs” needed to complete the PVE HP challenges ?

Because if so, the average Veteran who likely has over a thousand ranks and thousands of badges, will be able to unlock all elite traits & skills on launch day… which is something they seem to want to avoid in making those changes to Liquid world Experience.

(edited by Hexalot.8194)

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

My only thought is it seems a bit expensive when weighing it against clicking a node. 30 BoH is not a significant amount but for 170 HP that’s 5100 BoH for those that don’t have a back log and 170 WvW levels for the proof (if I’m understanding that right). I’m happy they have done something for us, but I’m not so sure the cost is in line. What about the players that are already an absurd WvW level ? Isn’t this going to be an excessive grind for them to get those next 170 Levels ?

I really don’t want this to be taken the wrong way, I am happy but I am concerned, then again, maybe I’m just not understanding the blog.

in WvW

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Since the blog simply says u get these scrolls from gaining wvw rank, I wonder if this can be farmed in eotm. Would be another reason to join the k-train.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

in WvW

Random.4691

Since the blog simply says u get these scrolls from gaining wvw rank, I wonder if this can be farmed in eotm. Would be another reason to join the k-train.

I never thought of this, will WvW be a barren waste land for the first couple days while everyone farms EotM ?

in WvW

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I never thought of this, will WvW be a barren waste land for the first couple days while everyone farms EotM ?

I wouldn’t think so necessarily. I mean, people can K-train the border lands too if they so desire, or just play normally. Those maps typically reward a bit more in the line of badges and wxp. Or, I thought they did, and if they don’t, some minor tweaking of those numbers could easily make them more desirable than simply running eotm. Of course, if the eotm k-train isn’t running smoothly, that’s a reason to avoid that map and seek the rewards elsewhere.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, are these things account bound instead of soul bound?

The difference is huge because if you were to earn Hero points in the Open World, you’d need to do it for each of your characters, while in WvW you could potentially use one character to farm them all.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

Finally an excuse to do EotM all day long! The secret dream of every WvW player! <3

…no…seriously! I hope we get rewarded for having several hundred or even thousand unused wvw ranks/points.

Edit: I was so excited that I forgot one fact: WTF ANET WAS READING POSTS REGARDING WVW!? O.o

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Well, are these things account bound instead of soul bound?

The difference is huge because if you were to earn Hero points in the Open World, you’d need to do it for each of your characters, while in WvW you could potentially use one character to farm them all.

I’m guessing the base "Proofs of Heroics " items will be account bound, as you can earn them on any character you’re on when you hit that next wvw rank. To make these specific items soul bound would probably kitten a lot of wvwers off, as it would be seen as massively alt-unfriendly.

The notarized scrolls on the other hand, I’m thinking should be bound on acquire. So you have to make sure to buy them on the character you need them on. However, this line “Any scrolls purchased above the cap can be consumed to refund the purchase price” sort negates that necessity, since you could just consume it, swap, and then buy it where you need it. Makes me wonder if they just went for account bound across the board. (Which, yes, would be taken as mildly unfair to pve players)

in WvW

Random.4691

Finally an excuse to do EotM all day long! The secret dream of every WvW player! <3

…no…seriously! I hope we get rewarded for having several hundred or even thousand unused wvw ranks/points.

Edit: I was so excited that I forgot one fact: WTF ANET WAS READING POSTS REGARDING WVW!? O.o

It’s because we snuck a lot of them into the HoT forum threads ;p

in WvW

Posted by: Diku.2546

Diku.2546

Huge warning to the WvW community to consume your Liquid World Experience items in my opinion.

If you’re an active WvW player…be a kind member & get this information chatting in your community.

Let’s hope that ANet also looks at the other Game Modes that have similar mechanisms…and makes similar changes to them to be fair.

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

“we didn’t want to allow any WvW players who may have been stockpiling liquid world experience to instantly rank up a bunch of times and immediately begin unlocking the new expansion hero challenges the moment the expansion released.”

CURSES, FOILED AGAIN!!!

Attachments:

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

I stopped hoarding consumables after they disabled the ability for them to be affected by boosts. It is pretty obvious they’re looking for stuff like that.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

in WvW

Posted by: BrickFurious.7169

BrickFurious.7169

I wouldn’t necessarily say consuming your liquid wexp consumables is the best option.

Even a short duration +50% wexp booster can generate way more wexp than one of the small consumables if you use it before a keep/SM take.

in WvW

Posted by: illenos.5134

illenos.5134

It’s because we snuck a lot of them into the HoT forum threads ;p

You sneaky kittens! <3

Awwdorable – roaming princess, awesome qq’er,
incredible flamer, part-time forum warrior, salty as
kitten!

in WvW

Posted by: Solomon Darkfury.3729

Solomon Darkfury.3729

Soooo will we be rewarded these retroactively based upon our current ranks?

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

“we didn’t want to allow any WvW players who may have been stockpiling liquid world experience to instantly rank up a bunch of times and immediately begin unlocking the new expansion hero challenges the moment the expansion released.”

CURSES, FOILED AGAIN!!!

Spam them all and do not open the chest maybe it will work out.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Of course you can farm it in EotM. There isn’t any players in borderlands so how can you farm anything there?

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Aside from encouraging more eotm, this seems like a good change and very helpful for wvw’ers.

-The consumables from dailies gave a tiny amount of wxp, boosters make more sense to encourage people to actually stay in wvw and play it instead of just leaving as soon as they finish their dailies. But the booster you will get from the daily affects all game modes so that’s also nice. Though I don’t like that they are automatically consumed, seems like its a way to force people to play so they don’t waste the boosters.

-This makes it much easier to open up the elite spec without having to leave wvw, cant see anything wrong with that.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: RapidSausage.4620

RapidSausage.4620

I believe the question on a lot of minds atm is “will we be given these proofs retroactively from our wvw rank?”

in WvW

X T D.6458

I believe the question on a lot of minds atm is “will we be given these proofs retroactively from our wvw rank?”

That would be nice, would certainly make excess points actually have some value :/

in WvW

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Of course you can farm it in EotM. There isn’t any players in borderlands so how can you farm anything there?

Depends on which server you’re on, regarding whether or not the borderlands are populated. T1 and T2 servers have much less of an issue than say..a T8 or T9 server.

But, if these items are account bound this might incentivize the eotm k-train more for pve players. Depends on the time/effort balance against the typical pve approach of having to do each HC on each character, as opposed to just farming a crap ton of scrolls on one or two mains. Especially if 250 HPs turns out to be the accurate count for the elite tracks.

in WvW

RapidSausage.4620

That would be nice, would certainly make excess points actually have some value :/

It’s the only way this will be fair all around, cuz going from rank 1 to rank 2 is faster than from 400 to 401, but still rewards a proof.

in WvW

Posted by: Rainshadow.4926

Rainshadow.4926

Please make this retroactive. PvE players have been able to grind and stockpile hero points. WvW players should be rewarded for their hours and ranks as well.

Rainshadow
Blackgate
Tempest Wolves[TW]

in WvW

X T D.6458

Please make this retroactive. PvE players have been able to grind and stockpile hero points. WvW players should be rewarded for their hours and ranks as well.

+1

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

Theyre onto us boiz…

I would consume most of your hoard now but save a few for the conversion. I doubt any of us need 1,000 hours worth of wxp boost.

in WvW

RapidSausage.4620

Theyre onto us boiz…

I would consume most of your hoard now but save a few for the conversion. I doubt any of us need 1,000 hours worth of wxp boost.

I have the candy corn gobbler, and with halloween coming we’ll be swimming in candy corn.

There is absolutely 0 incentive for me to keep any wxp consumables :p

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

Ohhhhh….

In b4 Candy Corn Cobbler comes back… with a discount.

in WvW

RapidSausage.4620

Ohhhhh….

In b4 Candy Corn Cobbler comes back… with a discount.

Lol they did that with permanent captain’s airship pass, i don’t see this one being any different, but i wouldn’t mind it at all tbh.

in WvW

Posted by: Thuggernaut.1250

Thuggernaut.1250

So basically, with WvW experience consumables, chug ’em if you got ’em? Before Friday?

in WvW

X T D.6458

So basically, with WvW experience consumables, chug ’em if you got ’em? Before Friday?

if you want, otherwise they become boosters with varying durations

in WvW

RapidSausage.4620

Yes, unless you prefer wxp boosters for some reason.
Don’t except them to reward those proofs retroactively though, as it sounds they may not do that.

Edit: using the wxp stuff now give you instant wxp and therefore levels, but it probably won’t result in more hero points on launch, if you hold on to them though you guarantee 50% faster wxp gain and therefore faster hero point acquisition.

(edited by RapidSausage.4620)

in WvW

Posted by: Ins.7139

Ins.7139

Well done anet, on the right track!

Was dreading having to PvE to get some stuff but looks like can hit the maps for good. Be interesting what effect this has and how big the influx is to WvW.

Saturday night resets … Ouch the q’s! (Friday probably could have been worse)

[PT] Ins For Da Waaagh
www.twitch.tv/ins_for_da_wagh
PuG Commander, blobbing it up since 2012!

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

“ok, let’s quickly finish my daily” -> great, now I get +50% xp while just standing in Lions Arch to chat with someone or while I need to be afk for 10 minutes, without wanting to log out

The thought behind it is that people shouldn’t just do the daily and then walk away.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Thuggernaut.1250

Don’t except them to reward those proofs retroactively though, as it sounds they may not do that.

Edit: using the wxp stuff now give you instant wxp and therefore levels, but it probably won’t result in more hero points on launch, if you hold on to them though you guarantee 50% faster wxp gain and therefore faster hero point acquisition.

Thanks. It would be nice if we got those “proofs” retroactively for all of our earned world ranks, but it sounds like we only get them for new world ranks after Friday.

in WvW

Posted by: Synosius.9876

Synosius.9876

what about the spvp xp potions? I should probably check over on that forum too…

in WvW

RapidSausage.4620

Thanks. It would be nice if we got those “proofs” retroactively for all of our earned world ranks, but it sounds like we only get them for new world ranks after Friday.

If that’s how it ends up to be i won’t make use of the system, because it’ll take much much much much less time to just run around a map collecting hero points than gaining a wvw rank.

Takes about an hour to gain 10~15 hero points in pve vs 30 minutes for 1 wvw rank in a good zerg or organized group.

in WvW

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

I read it again just to be sure my initial reading was right, and it seems it is. They aren’t going to auto-consume the duration boosters (those are just replacing current liquid experience). the rewards in the future will provide the equivalent of the liquid experience, except THAT will be auto-consumed so you can’t stockpile them.

So, no worries, you won’t waste anything by chatting in LA, the auto-consumed experience is immediate and a set value like the current manually consumed ones are.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in WvW

Posted by: Agrios.9071

Agrios.9071

all is vain QQ
/15 charrs

Attachments:

Dreamland Of Cookies [mmmh]

in WvW

Thuggernaut.1250

all is vain QQ
/15 charrs

That’s a lot of WXP. Chug them down before Friday!

in WvW

Posted by: Suspicious Nija.6790

Suspicious Nija.6790

Why you do this to me A-net ;(((
You just ruined my most beloved hoarding problem. cry

p.s. I am not even a wvw player anymore, im nowadays mostly playing pvp and a bit fractals.

Attachments:

Dreamland of Cookies [mmmh]
Never let facts interfere with your opinion.
R.I.P. Liquid World Experience

(edited by Suspicious Nija.6790)

in WvW

misterdevious.6482

Right now a Keg is 100x better than a drop (25,000wxp vs 250). With the patch, a Keg will only be 40x better than a drop (10hrs = 600 minutes vs 15 minutes).

I’m leaning towards this strategy:

• Consume large wxp consumables now.
  • Open all WvW daily chests (so there’s no chance they suddenly turn into automatically used buffs.)
  • Save all 250wxp drops.
  • Pop drops for +50% when things are going well (if you’re going to take a keep, castle, tower and camp, two camps and sentry, Bagfest fight, secret stuff, etc.)

in WvW

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

Yay, we are having WvW changed so we never have to leave WvW to accomplish things (btw, sarcasm, because a lot of what I like about WvW, is being taken away/changed and I just don’t have the faith in them, much like all of humanity, to do things right)

-_- so now I have to use most of what I saved up, just so I don’t have to be a footman again in whatever tier I am due next. I hate the footman ranks x.x

(basically trite comment, but the prior bit is the point I wanted to make)

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

All of this is a nice addition….

If they fix the fact that EoTM exist in its current incarnation first.

There is still 0 good reason for EoTM to be more rewarding than WvW. Reduce EXP, Karma and Badge gain in EoTM by 33%.

(edited by TexZero.7910)

in WvW

Posted by: Agrios.9071

Agrios.9071

Do i understand this correct:
-you can buy a Scroll that gives you a random hero challenge completed (1 hero point) -you need those hero points to unlock new traits
-pve player can just gather hero points by map completion but wvw players are not allowed to be prepared (the scroll will get added and wasnt known, so hoarding wasnt actually a preparation)?
→dont wvw players have a disadvantage compared to pve players this way? Please equal it out and delete all pve players hero points so they are not more prepared then i am???

Dreamland Of Cookies [mmmh]

(edited by Agrios.9071)

in WvW

misterdevious.6482

I’m actually more worried about the badges cost now.

• If you k-train EoTM, you have tons of badges.
  • If you use supply traps, siege disablers, and actually scout/defend/upgrade stuff on maps that actually matter, and if you needed to use badges to buy gear because you were too poor from not k-training… you don’t have tons of badges.

Badges are just a terrible k-train currency. Defend all you want, you won’t get badges. Can I convert my thousands of Yaks Escorted into Badges please?

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Sounds like a reasonable move, dependent on the number of these things you need to unlock elites on each of your toons.

They might also fiddle with wvw exp rates for capping, killing etc so until we see all the changes I’m not cheering too loudly.

Looks like EoTM might become very popular as that will be a lot faster unlock than guarding a tower for 6 hours which rewards nothing. Going to make finding people to guard and scout a little hard for a few months…

A good move from Anet though, credit where credit is due, they have listened (for once) and come up with a workable solution.

Thanks Anet.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.