HoD - Petition to ANET - Move them to T3

in WvW

Posted by: Dethwar.1768

Dethwar.1768

ANET as it stands now – HoD will be T2 again next week. Please MANUALLY move them to T3 so that both Sea of Sorrows and Sanctum of Rall can get into T2 matchup. ET will move down to T3 on their own allowing SoR to move up. However, due to current system HoD will not due to their very high score up until 2 weeks ago. We need to get SoS (which is the next power server) up into T2 to keep WvW integrity due to your free transfer policy.

A WvW matchup in T2 with HoD in it will be awfully boring fast. Please make the manual adjustments and move HoD down and bring SoS up.

/sign

in WvW

Posted by: Drakh.3128

Drakh.3128

Honestly I think HoD might be best suited for T8 given their current population size.

- Drakh (BT)
- Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Vorpal.4683

Vorpal.4683

I don’t see them doing this. There are many, many servers that are not where they should be, arguably, either due to transfer influx or transfer exodus.

If ANET starts manually moving one of them around, they set a precedent where they can now be expected to move all of them around.

in WvW

Posted by: Altie.4571

Altie.4571

I agree with Vorpal.

While it may provide you with a week in a sub par match, you really shouldn’t want ANet to do this. Because manual number manipulations are a bad idea no matter how you look at it.

What you need to do is go all out and win big in your current match if you want to leapfrog them. Don’t punish the few HoD players that still try hard for managing to hold onto a spot.

FYI SoR is letting SoS climb back in. Their dominance is falling off as the week goes on in current match up.

When scientists discover the center of the universe,
a lot of people will be disappointed they are not it.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowstalker.9627

Shadowstalker.9627

What needs to be done is all the people complaining that their overpopulated servers aren’t getting any competition and are now sooooooo bored, need to shut up and go to the main menu and click Transfer Server and go to the lesser populated servers. That would be actually HELPING the situation. Not stupid crap like this which is a slap in the face to those of us on HoD that have hung in there and kicked the snot out of Blackgate for the 14k+ we currently have.

in WvW

Posted by: fishergrip.4082

fishergrip.4082

Petition to Anet: stop allowing free server transfers.

Maid Of The Coast

in WvW

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

And give a precedence for endless cries on this forum for manual ranking adjustments? This won’t happen, sorry.

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon of NO, but yeah this is a bad idea. Anet should not override the ranking system to accelerate a server’s fall, or rise, in ranking. We’re just going to have to let the system adjust over time.

Although, one wonders if this post would have ever been created if IoJ wasn’t going to drop to T2 next week. =)

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: Judas.5432

Judas.5432

Just let it take the time it needs to sort itself out. kitten some people are impatient.

Judas – Kaineng
[CO] Cryptic Omen

in WvW

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Petition to Anet: stop allowing free server transfers.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster

in WvW

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

This isnt going to work and I too disagree with it. What if right now 3 or 4 guilds on a few servers decide they want to leave and move and they decide HoD is their new home. You get a shot in the arm
I’m not saying this will happen at all, but the system is set up that at any time any server can get munipulated with transfers to lobside a match
And I also agree 100% with what shadowstalker wrote
People don’t want to be part of the solution they want to a part of the problem, then complain about the problem

in WvW

Posted by: Samulus.3025

Samulus.3025

I am also a denizen of HoD.

I have been playing WvW for 2 weeks tomorrow, so only 13 days. Pretty rotten luck eh? I had no idea until the last week or so that HoD had been so high in ranking, but I did know that our server had all of a sudden gone dead. Hell, I thought getting your kitten stomped on a regular basis was a normal, frequent occurance in WvW, so it never bothered me. In fact, this has turned into my favorite aspect of this game, losing or not.

We are vastly outnumbered all of the time. It is a major achievement to take a tower with the status quo. With all this adversity, we have a chance for this server to develop a loyal core of lead-on-the-fly players.

As a result, I would be more inclined to say we as a now-low-pop server should just tough it out and show up to get our kitten kicked until we learn something. I would not be in favor of having us bumped down a bracket so as not to set a precedent. Let some folks realize nothing gets done unless they show up and try. Run headlong into those zergs guys! Take repair damage! Quit crying about it and change it!

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way. – Mark Twain

in WvW

Posted by: Clever.7918

Clever.7918

Ya sucks to be HoD this month. I think after this month if they do bad again they should move tiers again (hopefully)

in WvW

Posted by: Psy.6153

Psy.6153

They need to move HoD and ET down to tier 7 or something so they dont ruin all the games they come in contact with over the next month or 2

Portal Bomber of
Sea of Sorrows NA

in WvW

Posted by: Syntax.9602

Syntax.9602

The Problem is the Math behind this.

The Matchup consists of 3 seperate battles.

HoD lost to Blackgate
ET lost to Blackgate
ET lost to HoD

So HoD actually gets a ranking-bonus because it is winning against ET (this bonus is depeleted by the malus they get from losing to Blackgate). But if ET would have won against HoD it could have happened that both servers stayd T2.

But to destroy the illusion… unequal match are what you should expect. T1 and T8 seems to be pretty equal (lowest server only about 1/3 worse than the best). But T2 actually seems to be the worst in NA.

in WvW

Posted by: Scyntrus.2458

Scyntrus.2458

Well, on the upside, Blackgate is moving up to T1 according to http://mos.millenium.org/matchups#NA so there’s no rematch.

After arguing with an engineer for a while, you begin to realize that he actually enjoys it.

in WvW

Posted by: RouletteVice.2850

RouletteVice.2850

Can’t wait to stomp SoS and IoJ this week. Come get some.