HoD needs new guilds

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: ImProVocateur.5189

ImProVocateur.5189

The breakup of a strong allegiance of committed guilds was good for the brackets. Sadly, it has resulted in HoD falling to second lowest popped (high pop) server earlier today. That means two servers up from Kaineng, which is medium pop server. The population has fluctuating greatly since then, but our active WvW population has been seeing the outmanned buff over and over through this week. Somehow we almost managed to gain the score lead, but a redoubled effort by Jade Quarry and Eredon Terrace managed to give JQ the needed push to maintain dominant presence.

Here is the offer. Currently, the queue is low. Sure, it will go up if people transfer, but so far 5 minutes is the longest I have waited this week. We do not want random people. We want capable, self-sufficient guilds to take over the role of those that left.

HoD was never a zerg server. It dominated because there was coordination for simultaneous missions. HoD defeated zergs servers by acquiring realestate faster by dividing objectives, and by people upgrading every bit of realestate.

That same effect can be recreated by guilds that know they are good, can commit the time, and are not swayed by seemingly impossible odds (i.e. double teamed). If you are part of a guild that is outstanding, but has been stuck on a server that always works against your will to win, then come to the server at the top that has the will and a need for your guild’s talent. Players of all hours are welcomed. There is enough room for ten solid guilds. Talk it over.

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

I thought the countless posts about TA being a non-factor to HoD’s success were true! I was lied to???

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Yashimata.2986

Yashimata.2986

It’s kind of sad now. It’s prime time, and there’s 0 queue to get into EB. Coverage during the day is terrible (coincidentally right when JQ’s coverage spiked up). The server is basically hemorrhaging guilds and players at an alarming rate. Even on the PvE side, Orr’s temples are basically untaken most of the time.

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: SKYeXile.2716

SKYeXile.2716

SETTING SAIL FOR JADE QUARRY!

Xile | TRF – GM | [AU] Trf-guild.com – Now Recruiting.

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Felix.2613

Felix.2613

It´s pretty bad if a top server is suddenly deserted. For week after week it will slip down the tiers as it gets stomped perpetually. Surely a vicious circle as more and more will leave.

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Loks.1584

Loks.1584

JQ took the lead over the weekend, so all the free riders that were on the HoD band wagon for a free WvW win or better bonuses moved over there. Now HoD has no queue time or at most 5-10 minutes during peak hours.

Either way, there are a few guilds that did very well today in EB on HoD and I hope they are here to stay. I was impressed with the performance of DtD and REAP.

Moral of the story: Make world transfers stop or make it that when you transfer to another world of your WvW tier, you cannot join the WvW until the current match is done.

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: chanw.1934

chanw.1934

JQ took the lead over the weekend, so all the free riders that were on the HoD band wagon for a free WvW win or better bonuses moved over there. Now HoD has no queue time or at most 5-10 minutes during peak hours.

Either way, there are a few guilds that did very well today in EB on HoD and I hope they are here to stay. I was impressed with the performance of DtD and REAP.

Moral of the story: Make world transfers stop or make it that when you transfer to another world of your WvW tier, you cannot join the WvW until the current match is done.

actually, we closed the gap to at least 1k when i log off @ sea primetime and we have point lead on monday . The weekend is nothing at all. What happened is the 1k point gap widened to 10 – 20 k point gap by tuesday sea primetime.

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Houdii.2563

Houdii.2563

Without its king, henge never stood a chance :-(

Houdii Hoo
[KoS]
SBI

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

Well since you are still in the top tier, I think server like Kaineng need guild a lot more then you. At least you are still competitive.

There is no Queue in Kaineng or any other low tier server. And they didn’t flood the forum about being the best server around.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Reonhato.5914

Reonhato.5914

I hate to break this to you but HoD was a zerg server. Why dont you come play on some of the servers in the lower half of the ranks and see what it is like playing without all 4 maps filled with players, on some of those servers attacking with 20 players is a zerg.

Its about time players on the higher population servers decided to spread out. Every time I see players complain about 2 hours que times I laugh. I guess it is their punishment for going for the easy win. You don’t even have to drop down to the bottom servers to not worry about ques. FA only ever has ques for borderlands on weekends and even then its no more then 15 minutes. EB might be 15-30 minutes during primetime at most.

btw whats with the top tier servers thinking they have a monopoly on tactical play and whatnot? you really think no other server has figured out running around as 1 group is not a good idea? if you want to see some real tactical play fight with the guys who are playing 20 v 100 every single night and still doing there best to capture and hold places.

(edited by Reonhato.5914)

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: lady lisz.7849

lady lisz.7849

I’m not saying this is a good thing but at least now you guys get to experience what it’s like to be outmanned since this is most likely the first time for all WvW players on your server; and understand what other servers meant when they said so… you guys are still on top and will definitely stay there

Truth and Knowledge are two different things
-Scholar Krasso-

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Casia.4281

Casia.4281

Reonhato.5914
All servers were even when the game went live. TA announced the server it was going on 10seconds before the game went live, to its members.
HoD rose up to #1, it didn’t start there.

Anet refused to lock it, despite us BEGGING for free xfers to be stopped, or at least highpop servers to be locked.

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: zoobaby.7804

zoobaby.7804

I’m not saying this is a good thing but at least now you guys get to experience what it’s like to be outmanned since this is most likely the first time for all WvW players on your server; and understand what other servers meant when they said so… you guys are still on top and will definitely stay there

They won’t stay on top. They are getting drilled. They will slide down the ranks fast now. JQQ is now the zerg place to be.

SBI native and Altoholic
[Rage] Smelly Tree Sap — Band Camp Babe — Bannned Character--Spooner

HoD needs new guilds

in WvW

Posted by: Konrad Curze.5130

Konrad Curze.5130

I thought the countless posts about TA being a non-factor to HoD’s success were true! I was lied to???

depends on how you define “being a factor”.

HoD used to won due to numbers alone. TA played a significant role in drawing that numbers to the server, and without them the coattail riders are beginning a mass exodus. But TA by itself had a pretty insignificant impact on HoD’s success, its was pure body count what mattered.

(edited by Konrad Curze.5130)