HoD???

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: SQLOwns.7316

SQLOwns.7316

Guessing a bunch of guilds moved over? Queues on all maps, waited 15 minutes before I just gave up…..

#welcometolaunch2.0

SQL Owns – Elementalist
Dragon Steel [DSL]
Henge of Denravi

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

You’ve become Henge of Dragonbrand. Enjoy!

Whispers with meat.

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Henge of Dragonwagon evolves from Dragonlis Pass!

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

LOL.

True though. But most DB WvW guilds went to TC, Mag, FA or YB. Only a couple guilds went to HoD.

15min+ queues on reset night are not unusual

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Snowmane.5826

Snowmane.5826

LOL.

True though. But most DB WvW guilds went to TC, Mag, FA or YB. Only a couple guilds went to HoD.

Uh. One guild came to mag. Their core NA guilds (about 5-6, though they claim 15+) went to HoD.

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: aquabat.2986

aquabat.2986

Wow a 15 minute queue wait time that is UNACCEPTABLE ANET FIX PLS OMG !!11!!!!!!!!!111

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

He didn’t say it was a 15 minute queue. He said he waited 15 minutes before giving up.

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: misterman.1530

misterman.1530

Poor HoD. Queues so you can come into a BL and steamroll the 10 who show up from the other server(s). My heart bleeds.

Though, it was fun facing you open field time-and-time again while outnumbered 2 to 1 (ok, maybe 1.5 to 1) and wiping you. At least we get that satisfaction. Little else.

And now, what…5th week in a row. Love this matching system. So robust. Makes me feel all warm and cozy about HoT and all the awesome changes coming.

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

Poor HoD. Queues so you can come into a BL and steamroll the 10 who show up from the other server(s). My heart bleeds.

Though, it was fun facing you open field time-and-time again while outnumbered 2 to 1 (ok, maybe 1.5 to 1) and wiping you. At least we get that satisfaction. Little else.

And now, what…5th week in a row. Love this matching system. So robust. Makes me feel all warm and cozy about HoT and all the awesome changes coming.

Get lost. It’s not like we invited DB here. Go cry to someone who cares.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

HoD???

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

I’m curious about servers being bandwagoned. If the target server expresses disinterest or hostility towards being bandwagoned, does that cause the incoming guilds to go somewhere else? Or have those guilds already had their minds set?

Personally, I’d recommend fighting against being bandwagoned (if possible) because when they leave, it’s a long and painful fall.

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Being hostile doesn’t stop the bandwagon. HOD did that last time in the most explicit terms you can expect. People showed up anyway. Mind you, this is second hand from me and reading the forum posts from HOD telling people to GTFO.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Being hostile doesn’t stop the bandwagon. HOD did that last time in the most explicit terms you can expect. People showed up anyway. Mind you, this is second hand from me and reading the forum posts from HOD telling people to GTFO.

That’s funny because I remember HOD guilds guesting on CD back before megaservers telling everyone to xfer to HOD and to “join the winning server” when xfers were free.

Attachments:

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Sungtaro.6493

Sungtaro.6493

Hmm. Interesting. Guess I had to be there, CD or HOD to really have a complete picture.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence.

HoD???

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

That’s funny because I remember HOD guilds guesting on CD back before megaservers telling everyone to xfer to HOD and to “join the winning server” when xfers were free.

Laugh. That was a year ago, during season 2! And it was done by one guild that left immediately after the season. You think things haven’t changed since then? Right, because our forums aren’t filled with dozens of worried posts about the transfers and there haven’t been dozens more in the matchup threads that are less worried and actually quite hostile. Oh wait, there are.

I’m curious about servers being bandwagoned. If the target server expresses disinterest or hostility towards being bandwagoned, does that cause the incoming guilds to go somewhere else? Or have those guilds already had their minds set?

Personally, I’d recommend fighting against being bandwagoned (if possible) because when they leave, it’s a long and painful fall.

It changed absolutely nothing. When a post on gw2wvw was brought to our attention that has a DB community leader quite explicitly saying that “HoD has no leadership” and that they planned to “take over,” we basically said to stay the hell away. It didn’t work. You should have read our BL map chat on reset, it was absolutely toxic.

(edited by Ark Bladesteele.2943)

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

While YB didn’t have 1 server attempting a hostile takeover when we were the bandwagon, map chat was pretty bad for awhile. One of the toxic conversations was so freaking lame – 1/2 hour argument because a scout from maguuma was using wk/ek instead of bay/hills. Once explained – no bigge, but to some it was the end of the world…. The other annoying thing was guilds calling fake assaults on other BLs hoping for ports to fit their guild on the current bl… Of course that won’t work if 3-4 BLs are queued – no one is hopping….

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

HoD???

in WvW

misterman.1530

It changed absolutely nothing. When a post on gw2wvw was brought to our attention that has a DB community leader quite explicitly saying that “HoD has no leadership” and that they planned to “take over,” we basically said to stay the hell away. It didn’t work. You should have read our BL map chat on reset, it was absolutely toxic.

Oh. Well, that sucks. I know some similar overture was made to NSP, and people here said “No thanks”. I retract my comment earlier then. It isn’t HoD-ites (HoD-ers? HoD-ians?), it’s the bandwagon xfers that I am laughing at – and unfortunately these xfers have affected your queues.

My apologies for lumping HoD-ites in with the new blob that has shown up. You know, you could always xfer to NSP

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

All this has happened before. And it will happen again.

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

LOL.

I’ve just learned that a TC guild went to HOD.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

HoD???

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

LOL.

Would that be [STUN]? I saw one of them on our BL reset night and asked if they were coming here and was told they were scouting multiple servers. Are you sure?

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: xivor.8754

xivor.8754

DH just lost a guild to HoDB, too.

Commander Combat Medic Barbie
Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE] – http://christianfire.enjin.com
Proud Community Member of Northern Shiverpeaks – http://northernshiverpeaks.org

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

Last I checked, 19 guilds had moved to HoD. That’s a lot of gold spent transfering people over.

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: skeet.1390

skeet.1390

supposedly the goal is to recruit only wvw guilds so its locked status for when HoT drops so no pve players can join the server and HoD climbs tiers or some kitten.

Wouldn’t know for sure though, the new server god who is making these plans hasn’t bothered to tell anyone who was on HoD prior to influx of dragonwagon.

Zoe Whiplash
[BanG]

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

/me grabs some popcorn and enjoys the show.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

HoD???

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

supposedly the goal is to recruit only wvw guilds so its locked status for when HoT drops so no pve players can join the server and HoD climbs tiers or some kitten.

Wouldn’t know for sure though, the new server god who is making these plans hasn’t bothered to tell anyone who was on HoD prior to influx of dragonwagon.

Sorry to hear you didn’t have a say and people coming over. I hope things work out but it sounds like a lot of people are kittened.

HoD???

in WvW

skeet.1390

Sorry to hear you didn’t have a say and people coming over. I hope things work out but it sounds like a lot of people are kittened.

Its honestly whatever. Can’t stop people from moving so it is what it is. If it ends terrible people will leave and that will be the story. Pixel life goes on.

Zoe Whiplash
[BanG]

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Hexin.5603

Hexin.5603

STUN is still and will always be TC. We just had some alt accounts go over to see how it is. No primary accounts are moving. just to clear that up.

Edit: Oh and you can pm the STUN person(s) and feel free to give them a GTFO. We have a raid time during reset. If it was late NA then they were likely on alt after raid.

Willing to pay for boxed expansion if you put legit GvG in the box $$

(edited by Hexin.5603)

HoD???

in WvW

Ark Bladesteele.2943

STUN is still and will always be TC. We just had some alt accounts go over to see how it is. No primary accounts are moving. just to clear that up.

Edit: Oh and you can pm the STUN person(s) and feel free to give them a GTFO. We have a raid time during reset. If it was late NA then they were likely on alt after raid.

Yeah, it was late NA. Maybe around 11pm CST. I don’t mind them being here, I was just surprised to see them.

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

LOL.

Would that be [STUN]? I saw one of them on our BL reset night and asked if they were coming here and was told they were scouting multiple servers. Are you sure?

No Hel.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Wanderer.3248

Wanderer.3248

Last I checked, 19 guilds had moved to HoD. That’s a lot of gold spent transfering people over.

Well it wasn’t me. I won’t part with a single coin. Not one piece of it!

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Djamonja.6453

Djamonja.6453

supposedly the goal is to recruit only wvw guilds

WvW guilds that run back to towers/keeps to hop on siege?

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

dont worry. sbi and mag will keep them at the bottom of t3.

Bad Elementalist

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: soxfan.3189

soxfan.3189

From what I have heard the goal is to make a balanced T3 that is fun for all 3 servers. Since DB became full with mostly pve players. It could not recruit more WvW guilds. It fell from T2 into T3 and was not able to compete with the Mag hype train. Seeing the end a majority of the WvW left and of them 4-5 larger guilds chose HoD. Now those that also want to be a part of the balanced T3 are going to SBI and HoD.
As for the OP’s comments, I’ve been on 5 different servers from gold to bronze. Any server that has an active WvW population will have 1 or more BL’s qued every night. On reset many of the more casual PvX guilds run. If you want to be sure to get on a map be ready at reset and spam as soon as the BL’s reopen. FYI that is at about 9:30 pm est right now.
Just for clarity I am on HoD also. We ran last night on CD BL it was dead so we qued for EB. The about 20 of us took around 30 min to get everyone into EBG. Once we all get there it was dead and we just stated running laps for the next hour praying that NSP and CD would come out of their keeps and play with us.

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

If people really want Mag, SBI and HoD in T3 then SBI and HoD need to PPT harder.

DB’s falling but is still 50 pts ahead of HoD. There is a danger of DB getting stuck in T3 and SBI and HoD alternating in and out.

Best thing to happen would be for HoD to get into T3 next reset and DB to fall out. Then SBI and HoD double team Mag to suck as much Glicko off them to guarantee they both stay in T3.

HoD???

in WvW

skeet.1390

LOL.

No Hel.

Hel as in Helioz is moving to HoD?

Zoe Whiplash
[BanG]

HoD???

in WvW

FrownyClown.8402

If people really want Mag, SBI and HoD in T3 then SBI and HoD need to PPT harder.

DB’s falling but is still 50 pts ahead of HoD. There is a danger of DB getting stuck in T3 and SBI and HoD alternating in and out.

Best thing to happen would be for HoD to get into T3 next reset and DB to fall out. Then SBI and HoD double team Mag to suck as much Glicko off them to guarantee they both stay in T3.

sbi has gotten alot of transfers and are almost on par with mag now.

Bad Elementalist

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Fudge.9527

Fudge.9527

LOL.

No Hel.

Hel as in Helioz is moving to HoD?

No, Hel is not moving nor has even entertained the thought of transferring off TC. Just some rumor that keeps getting tossed around for some reason.

HoD???

in WvW

skeet.1390

Shame, I liked play with GA

Zoe Whiplash
[BanG]

HoD???

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

I’ll admit I haven’t played in the last few days but I find it hard to believe that we’re on par with Mag. Mag seems to have more people in general and more actual guilds in specific.

HoD???

in WvW

FrownyClown.8402

I’ll admit I haven’t played in the last few days but I find it hard to believe that we’re on par with Mag. Mag seems to have more people in general and more actual guilds in specific.

next week u guys will prob finish up getting your transfers.

Bad Elementalist

HoD???

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

Maybe during prime time, we are working on it though.

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

The most recent number I’ve heard was 18 guilds transferring from DB to HoD. Before the transfer, NSP was approached as a potential target for the DB community transfer, but HoD was ultimately chosen (and I’m glad of that). At that time, it was just 7 guilds. The next day it was 10, and then it just kept going up.

NSP prides itself on its long-lasting stable community. We don’t have competition between power-hungry guilds or server admins; everyone works together. I can’t imagine that we would have gone on without issue with such a large transfer, so my heart goes out to all the community-oriented players on HoD. Although this isn’t the first HoD bandwagon, so I don’t know how many of those types of people are left. Nonetheless, if bandwagoning isn’t your style, NSP is always offering a long-term home to any amount of people that want a solid community. We like people to come here for the people, not the numbers (ie ranking, coverage, # of guilds, etc).

I coined the term “Henge of Dragonwagon” on NSP, and I’m glad to see others are using that term :P

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

HoD???

in WvW

misterman.1530

Just for clarity I am on HoD also. We ran last night on CD BL it was dead so we qued for EB. The about 20 of us took around 30 min to get everyone into EBG. Once we all get there it was dead and we just stated running laps for the next hour praying that NSP and CD would come out of their keeps and play with us.

Why would we bother (NSP I mean)? We rarely number more than 20 people at a time on a BL…even that would seem abnormally blob-ish. Since the last tournament, fewer and fewer people are playing. In fact, I don’t think we have had a queue to get into a BL in quite some time.

So, we log in, see the map is entirely red and we are ticking 10 or less, and just go PvE instead.

Until Anet figures out a viable handicap feature, there’s little fun to be had 2 vs 15 like it was this afternoon in our BL – though it was CD outnumbering us there.

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

Why would we bother (NSP I mean)? We rarely number more than 20 people at a time on a BL…even that would seem abnormally blob-ish. Since the last tournament, fewer and fewer people are playing. In fact, I don’t think we have had a queue to get into a BL in quite some time.

So, we log in, see the map is entirely red and we are ticking 10 or less, and just go PvE instead.

Until Anet figures out a viable handicap feature, there’s little fun to be had 2 vs 15 like it was this afternoon in our BL – though it was CD outnumbering us there.

BL had a queue 4 about days ago, actually

NSPride <3

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Buell.3701

Buell.3701

#T8MasterRace #NoQueueSwag

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: pepper.6179

pepper.6179

ahhh HoDB, i must move one of my accounts to T4/T3 to see this!

[SA]

HoD???

in WvW

Johje Holan.4607

HoD doesn’t seem like they want it. They’re barely beating CD. Need moar PPT!

HoD???

in WvW

Lord Kuru.3685

HoD doesn’t seem like they want it. They’re barely beating CD. Need moar PPT!

Bandwagon might have stalled. Time to bandwagon to another server, perhaps? Maybe DB?

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

HOD transition week, lets see how we do now that everyone has settled in. Can’t spell Chef without CH

HoD???

in WvW

grifflyman.8102

I hope we get a taste of HoD this week.

HoD???

in WvW

Posted by: xivor.8754

xivor.8754

NSP queues either EB or home BL every night…

Commander Combat Medic Barbie
Guild Leader of Chariot of Fire [FIRE] – http://christianfire.enjin.com
Proud Community Member of Northern Shiverpeaks – http://northernshiverpeaks.org