HoT - More Lag??

HoT - More Lag??

in WvW

Posted by: Xoranium.6481

Xoranium.6481

Hi folks,

Most of us now accept that skill lag is going to happen during 3way zerg fights, we just spam 1 until we all die or emerge victorious. Yes its a pain in the kitten but we shrug it off and move on..
However.. Yesterday’s prime time in EB gave us a new feature.
We had a decent number of players on the commander (30-40), during a two way fight vs another (30-40) all was normal, no real lag to speak of, until the 3rd blob of (50-60) decided to get in on the action… this point we thought ok spam 1… But skill 1 rarely responded in addition to that, movement also didn’t respond! This is something that took us all by surprise, skill lag we can live through but Movement Lag also! From our side we all experienced this after which most of us just left cause it was unplayable.

I’m pointing this out because to be fair we weren’t at max capacity in EB we had no que, in the past we have encountered larger fights but have never experienced movement lag.
Maybe its a one off I don’t know but from initial experience post HoT skill lag has just entered a new level.

I know many servers have low numbers atm in wvw but if you have also experienced this please share your experience.

Regards

Xor

[WvW]Xoranium – Thief – Treb Master of Gandara

HoT - More Lag??

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

I told this was going to happen..
When you take something that has really bad performance and add a lot more of required proccessing from all the pve kitten they added such as lords skills…defiance bars…new map pve gimmicks and stuff.. there is just not a single chance that the sotuation is going to improve or atay the same if they release an expansion and this expansion brings absolutely nothing new to the equation regarding server performance improve..
Anet was careless about this for 3 years.. and now we gotta play a WvWvW where we can do plenty of pve and pvd stuff except World versus World versus World.. but than again WvWvW has nothing to do with that i guess…

HoT - More Lag??

in WvW

Xoranium.6481

Indeed It does make you wonder about level ot thought and consideration that goes into the creation of new content for wvw…
Who in the right mind would think making everyone’s lootbag visible.?

Are they making it worse on purpose? Or are they really that dumb?

HoT - More Lag??

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

The lag has been epic when a big fight breaks out in the top servers. It reminds me of the time before their lag patches when they implemented culling to cope.

Skills don’t go off or are delayed by seconds and of course there are the crashes that follow big lag spikes. As soon as a three-way fight breaks out in SM and everything gets sluggish, I wait and hope the lag doesn’t crash my client.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

HoT - More Lag??

in WvW

Posted by: Zioba.6182

Zioba.6182

I had the same experience yesterday. I could not even move. I still have a few mangopies in my inventory for fights like that. It has been a while since i needed them, but yesterday… Yes, mangopie fights.

Sarcasm is what’s left when all hope is gone

HoT - More Lag??

in WvW

Posted by: BassHunteR.7246

BassHunteR.7246

Tomorrow… reset night… ebg will have queues… and lag will be there… and with the lag…comes the new implemented game crash (new HoT feature) and than..you are back to the queue..
Yay.. gonna be so much fun… its like.. you see a big enemy blob and ppl scream on ts…RUNN….LAG GONNA GET USSSSSS…

HoT - More Lag??

in WvW

Posted by: Konlam.1574

Konlam.1574

Guys please don’t complain you can as well avoid fights, have scouts to check if the enemy blob approaches so you change direction and ppt a different map area. Hahaha :P

HoT - More Lag??

in WvW

Xoranium.6481

Guys please don’t complain you can as well avoid fights, have scouts to check if the enemy blob approaches so you change direction and ppt a different map area. Hahaha :P

Lol get some work done you big troll :-P

HoT - More Lag??

in WvW

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It’s the lootbag rendering.. and the other mechanics going on the new Borders.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.