HoT Stat trinkets...

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

So I was making some Marauder gear to test out stuff, and thought this was pretty nice. Exotics are fairly cheap, and if you had ascended gear, you could just make an insignia to convert. I thought I’d also get some Marauder trinkets to swap out zerker trinkets in case I needed to die in 2 hits instead of 1. At this point I came to the following realization:

• The only way to get the trinkets is to do the story ACHIEVEMENTS. I actually like the story thus far, and if I merely had to complete the story to get stuff like in the past that would be barely acceptable but I’m really not a fan of doing achievements especially when I know parts of it may be gated. Even people that I know that play mostly PvE aren’t particularly big fans of the story. I know a lot of people around these parts are even smaller fans. And this isn’t a particularly bad one. Some are seemingly behind collections.
  • The new HoT stats have 4 stats and seem to give more overall points, and also you can’t get them if you’re not HoT. I mean if it were just a color stat like Nomad I wouldn’t care. As an aside, I am very disappointed that non-HOT’ers have been put behind in terms of actual material differences such as the fact that they lost guild boosts. (I have HoT, but it seems lame)
  • Jeweler 500 when??? Why does Jeweler stop at exotic? Who still uses exotic trinkets? I have 8 characters with their own specific ascended jewelery! Laurels are an excellent and consistently proven example of a resource. I’m willing to craft it with whatever unreasonable amount of materials you want. Just NOT storyline farming kitten . I think Jeweler would be the most fair thing.
  • Barring all this, I would only get 1 of each trinket. Which means a lot of annoying swapping.

Please, please find an alternative way for WvW’ers to get these things, either with notaries or badges or whathave you because it’s already annoying that it’s easier to gear for WvW by not playing it.

Anyhow, I hope someone does the math and shows me that even if there’s more stat points, that it isn’t really better than the original stats.

And in b4 “You need to work for it!”; I’ll agree with that when WvW gets its own set of stats, preferably 5-stats. Let’s see how you feel about that.

P.S. I love the new infusion extraction devices.
PPS I just said I’d prefer crafting over something else. Kill me already.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

Posted by: Peterson.8345

Peterson.8345

+1, was gearing up after the expansion so that I have the best gear for WvW and I realized that I spent 0 hours in wvw to do so, had to go grind PvE (like grinding DS meta to get new food and stat insignias…)

would appreciate if I was not forced to go grind stuff in PvE in order to gear up, thanks

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

Posted by: displayname.8315

displayname.8315

• The new HoT stats have 4 stats and seem to give more overall points, and also you can’t get them if you’re not HoT.

Does that mean they are account bound or can I get them thru TP or crafting? Is it similar to celestial where you have alot of stats but not that great of power/ferocity ect?

Hope this isn’t more p2w.

JQ subsidiary

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

You used to be able to get those stats from Vial of Salt. Whole reason i made that amulet to begin with, because I have no desire whatsoever to do pve crap and story achievements. Then they remove those special stats like maruader, commander, crusader, etc from the amulet AFTER i make it. So now if i want an amulet with maruader, i have to do pve grinding through the story, and if i want crusader i’ll have to spend 100+ gold on the collection achievement for that. Its utter BS. just put the fracking new stats back on the Vial of Salt. I dont need generic stats i can just get from any laurel amulet anyway. The whole reason i crafted that thing is because it had new stats not available elsewhere that i cant get without doing a ton of mindnumbing pve grinding.

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Whats really stupid is the story achievements all reward the same thing…a maruaders amulet kitten . Not that I have a problem with the stat, but why is it all the same for each episode. Why not have one of them reward a ring/accessory with chooseable stats. No…wait that makes to much sense…

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

• The new HoT stats have 4 stats and seem to give more overall points, and also you can’t get them if you’re not HoT. I mean if it were just a color stat like Nomad I wouldn’t care. As an aside, I am very disappointed that non-HOT’ers have been put behind in terms of actual material differences such as the fact that they lost guild boosts. (I have HoT, but it seems lame)

Regardless whether they give more stats, the fact that there are stat sets completely unaccessible to non-HoT players means GW2 is pay-to-win. You must pay for HoT to get these new stats. At least previously with nomads and sinister, you had the option of trading gold to gems to unlock the LS

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I thought I’d also get some Marauder trinkets to swap out zerker trinkets in case I needed to die in 2 hits instead of 1.

Well said. Very well said.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

• The new HoT stats have 4 stats and seem to give more overall points, and also you can’t get them if you’re not HoT.

Does that mean they are account bound or can I get them thru TP or crafting? Is it similar to celestial where you have alot of stats but not that great of power/ferocity ect?

Hope this isn’t more p2w.

Like all ascended jewelry, they are account bound and also can’t be crafted. You can craft the exotic version though.

Celestial has lots of stats but it’s not as good as you’d have to utilize all of it. Also, having such low base power means that extra ferocity and precision is marginal at best especially since the ferocity nerf. Speaking from anecdote, it seems like switching to marauder from celestial seems to have done quite well, but that could be just selection bias.

Well, let’s take a hypothetical staff ele. Apparently the editor doesn’t know you can get marauder ascended either for rings/earrings, so all rings and earrings are exotic in this example. I also set a zerker backpiece for both but you can change it to whatever you want.

Full Zerker:
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAGhMMozhVOwwhBBAh6usa9ud6IQhDA-TVROwAE1RITJIY1fGp8Dw+DkCYglRA-w

Full Marauder
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAGhMMozhVOwwhBBApe3OdEowBq7yqA-T1ROABsa6Bg9HKWHR1q/UuyguV6JjSQSBMwyI-w

I’m not going to do the numbers for celestial, but I will say it probably sucks.

Edited: Fixed links
Edited 2: Apologies for the hastily thrown together in numbers and bad math, I’m off to cough Sat reset.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

+1 a million times!

I still haven’t even done LS achieves but there are the stat trinkets from those that I want and I am willing to pay Laurels, craft my way there, convert gems to gold you name it ANet yet all those quirky ones are unwaveringly locked behind the LS.

There needs to be other ways to acquire said stat trinkets; variety in acquisition is always welcomed & a healthy game design.

Make 500 Jeweller aka ascended trinket crafting a thing, ANet. It needs to be done. I will jump with joy if such a thing ever happens…

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

+1 a million times!

I still haven’t even done LS achieves but there are the stat trinkets from those that I want and I am willing to pay Laurels, craft my way there, convert gems to gold you name it ANet yet all those quirky ones are unwaveringly locked behind the LS.

There needs to be other ways to acquire said stat trinkets; variety in acquisition is always welcomed & a healthy game design.

Make 500 Jeweller aka ascended trinket crafting a thing, ANet. It needs to be done. I will jump with joy if such a thing ever happens…

Yea, that’s the thing. I’m certainly willing to put in the effort or even more effort if it is decided my way isn’t the “intended” way, but I want to pick my own path to say the least and generally this game has been fairly friendly to such a proposition.

An example is (most) ascended rings. The intended way is fractals and is the most efficient way to get them. However, they can also be gotten via laurels, which is less efficient but more accessible. Also, note that you can get ascended 4 stat armor and weapons anyways.

Likewise, ascended gear is largely nonspecific, even if it’s rather expensive.

Anyhow, I understand if the expansion will have skins or minis or whatnot or even legendaries specific to it, but those are largely cosmetic and don’t affect gameplay. I do understand why there needs to be expansion exclusive stuff, but I’d rather this not go into the area of actual gameplay in combat.

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

To be honest from what I remember getting 1 marauder amulet from doing the story achievements in act 1 is easier than taking a tower in T9 WvW at 4am. Not saying it’s fine and all but it really isn’t very taxing.

Other stats? That can kitten right off. Only way you’re getting them on an amulet as far as I know is doing the stupidly buggy and irritating act 4, migraine in particular. They really need to add ascended versions of the new stats to the usual vendors and those back items need to be realistically obtainable.

Would be nice to be able to get rings and accessories in new stats too, I hear you can as RNG from raids. I’ll get banned if I said what I really think of that so I’ll just leave it as that isn’t very accessible to most people.

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

I feel like Marauder’s is an excellent alternative for Berserker/ Valkyrie on Power Necromancers. The Life Force bar in Death Shroud is based on HP.

I don’t run Berserker armor on a WvW staff elementalist ,I find with the long cast times of meteor shower, minimum HP is asking for trouble. Marauder trinkets would be excellent for survivability.

The only stat that isn’t very useful on Celestial for an elementalist is condition damage: the only condition damage is burning and bleeding. Healing isn’t as useful, but some healing isn’t bad (i.e. Water fields’ blast healing doesn’t count your healing spec but the “Wash the Pain Away” , Geyser, Overload Water, “Rebound” do).

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

ArchonWing.9480

To be honest from what I remember getting 1 marauder amulet from doing the story achievements in act 1 is easier than taking a tower in T9 WvW at 4am. Not saying it’s fine and all but it really isn’t very taxing.

Other stats? That can kitten right off. Only way you’re getting them on an amulet as far as I know is doing the stupidly buggy and irritating act 4, migraine in particular. They really need to add ascended versions of the new stats to the usual vendors and those back items need to be realistically obtainable.

Would be nice to be able to get rings and accessories in new stats too, I hear you can as RNG from raids. I’ll get banned if I said what I really think of that so I’ll just leave it as that isn’t very accessible to most people.

Ah, well Marauder doesn’t sound too bad then if one wanted to do the story. The other stats just sound poorly thought out. Raid only stats I have disdain for. Raid RNG stats? Kitten off!

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

Posted by: Peterson.8345

Peterson.8345

I thought that you are supposed to use laurels to get the ascended accessories… I have used laurels to get the gear I wanted and have been waiting and saving my laurels in case new stats would be added… now I have 800 laurels but can’t get the accessories I want…

HoT Stat trinkets...

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

gw2 grind is far less than many other games

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister