HoT no WvW love?

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Ruucnor.3205

Ruucnor.3205

Its great that fractals and the living story are getting so much love. You can get legendary precursors from both segments.

What about WvW? We get one new map?

What about all the people that just do WvW?

How is a person that just plays WvW to obtain such love?

and yes there are a large percentage of us that just play WvW.

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

“and yes there are a large percentage of us that just play WvW.”

No, the people that ONLY play WvW is minuscule. People can MOSTLY play WvW (I do), but people that ONLY play WvW is a very small group (more or less non-existent).

The new map is massive. They are also adding new siege and revamping several of the WvW mechanics.

But fact remains that the largest part of the player based does play PvE, so it makes sense for them to spend most resources on PvE.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Blackarps.1974

Blackarps.1974

I know that the abilities are getting changed around. You’ll need far less points to max everything out. A few people have thought that we might see more lines coming with HoT but the only thing confirmed at this point is that the current system will just change a bit.

A new map is a pretty big deal but I’m hoping for more news down the line.

Maguuma Guardian

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure you can get a Precursor in Fractals…at least, not any more of a chance for a drop there than in WvW.

Now, mats for crafting the Back-piece in Fractals?….yeah. But, who knows what might drop or be obtainable where? I think more information/features/content will be forthcoming.

Good luck.

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

Logged on just to reply to this thread :-P

Yeah the recent blog about the legendary backpack and fractals rewards and all that sounded amazing… if you’re into fractals.

I’m worried Anet doesn’t like WvW/EOTM as much as fractals or PvP.

I like that we’re getting a new map, but what we know currently is that is all we’re getting :-/

For a long time now, many of us WvW’ers have suggested some sort of reward track – similar to PvP, but obviously with WvW rewards (like badges of honor, wxp consumables, new weapon and armor skins etc.)

I’m hoping the case is that Anet just hasn’t had the time to talk about new rewards for WvW/EOTM. But I must say I’m slightly worried that all we’re getting is a new map with a few new features (charr cars etc.)

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

(edited by Zaoda.1653)

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Genesis.8572

Genesis.8572

Legendaries usually require playing most of the game: WvW, PvE dungeons, world completion, etc. Now that fractals have been added to the mix of game modes, should we really be surprised that fractals would be required for new legendaries?

Will Hawkins (Human Guardian)
Feryl Grimsteel (Charr Engineer)
Tarnished Coast

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

There is a new WvW Map that replaces the current borderlands maps. That’s HUGE change. Also they mentioned the current borderlands maps will come back with some changes. Meaning there will be at least two types of borderlands that could rotate weekly or seasonally or something. That’s a huge change!

WvW is an end in and of itself. You don’t need much change to completely revitalize it because it’s not about the map, it’s about the players on the map. Changing maps just keeps the ideas fresh so people don’t fall into a trench of meta stagnation.

Changing up the map is a HUGE change that can revitalize the entire game, not to mention how much specializations themself will alter the state of play in WvW.

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Mryul.8165

Mryul.8165

but people that ONLY play WvW is a very small group (more or less non-existent).

hahahahahah

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Zaoda.1653

Zaoda.1653

There is a new WvW Map that replaces the current borderlands maps. That’s HUGE change. Also they mentioned the current borderlands maps will come back with some changes. Meaning there will be at least two types of borderlands that could rotate weekly or seasonally or something. That’s a huge change!

WvW is an end in and of itself. You don’t need much change to completely revitalize it because it’s not about the map, it’s about the players on the map. Changing maps just keeps the ideas fresh so people don’t fall into a trench of meta stagnation.

Changing up the map is a HUGE change that can revitalize the entire game, not to mention how much specializations themself will alter the state of play in WvW.

Map changes are always welcome, and that in itself is a huge update, but I’ve still yet to see Anet give WvW/EOTM any new permanent item or skin rewards – and it will be nice to be in different soundings, but if there’s no new rewards that come with it, it will be a big let down for me personally, I don’t know about anyone else.

If I had the option of a graphical rework of an entire WvW map, or a range of amazing new skins and item rewards, I’d much rather choose the item rewards over some graphical changes – just saying.

Forever a supporter of more male skimpy armor

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

hahahahahah

It is.
I personally don’t know anyone that only WvW, despite being in a WvW-guild.
People keep claiming that they only WvW, but extremely few actually do.
People might not do MUCH none-WvW stuff, but as soon as you start doing some PvE or PvP (if just only to get some money or do a guild mission or skin) you no longer ONLY play WvW.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: emendez.3705

emendez.3705

pve is where the money is at for player and anet(which is why most people do not exclusively wvw) which is why wvw doesnt get too much update and lets face it wvw updates might not be well received by true wvwers.
they will likely just add more gold sinks ha

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

1-Its great that fractals and the living story are getting so much love. You can get legendary precursors from both segments.

2-What about WvW? We get one new map?

3-What about all the people that just do WvW?

4-How is a person that just plays WvW to obtain such love?

5-And yes there are a large percentage of us that just play WvW.

1- They’re paying $50.00.
2- Yeah and it’s all free.
3- They can play for free too.
4- By playing more than one game.
5- All pvp type players should have realised by now that MMO’s are mostly PVE oriented, Anet didn’t charge you because it’s all they got for now and because they waited too long to start an expansion. If it wasn’t for whiners GW 2 would still be only living story oriented and you wouldn’t have a new map.
We might have only 2 maps more than you but we’re paying. Maybe the next expansion will have more than one map for you. Until then there’s always other games and making posts to be heard.

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

No, the people that ONLY play WvW is minuscule. People can MOSTLY play WvW (I do), but people that ONLY play WvW is a very small group (more or less non-existent).

The new map is massive. They are also adding new siege and revamping several of the WvW mechanics.

But fact remains that the largest part of the player based does play PvE, so it makes sense for them to spend most resources on PvE.

Stop making assumptions, you have no facts and no basis. The people I see in WvW daily typically only play WvW and they make up the majprity of people within the maps.

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

1-Its great that fractals and the living story are getting so much love. You can get legendary precursors from both segments.

2-What about WvW? We get one new map?

3-What about all the people that just do WvW?

4-How is a person that just plays WvW to obtain such love?

5-And yes there are a large percentage of us that just play WvW.

1- They’re paying $50.00.
2- Yeah and it’s all free.
3- They can play for free too.
4- By playing more than one game.
5- All pvp type players should have realised by now that MMO’s are mostly PVE oriented, Anet didn’t charge you because it’s all they got for now and because they waited too long to start an expansion. If it wasn’t for whiners GW 2 would still be only living story oriented and you wouldn’t have a new map.
We might have only 2 maps more than you but we’re paying. Maybe the next expansion will have more than one map for you. Until then there’s always other games and making posts to be heard.

Not sure if serious, but I’ll assume you are.
1. Many many WvW players are buying the expac. I bought the Ultimate.
2. Guild Halls aren’t free, and you know, some ppl will enjoy GvGing there. Not to mention the things for WvW you will need the guild hall to make.
3. You don’t have to get the expac to keep PvEing.
4. So put some more things required for legendaries in WvW so PvE ppl that want one need to play more than one game type as well.
5. So because we enjoy a different game mode than you we don’t deserve to be heard or even acknowledged? Also many WvW players are buying the expac so that point is moot. Even though the majority of players in almost every MMO are PvE, or at best PvX, the developers included a PvP/WvW game mode, which should get more time than it does from them.

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Stop making assumptions, you have no facts and no basis. The people I see in WvW daily typically only play WvW and they make up the majprity of people within the maps.

I am basing them on my experiences in-game and on the fact that the people that actually have the data say that people playing only WvW are exceptions.

Unless you are actively following every single player you see in WvW around all the time you are making just as much assumptions as me.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

@Kaiser- I agree and understand and you do deserve to be heard, I simply saying there’s no obligation to buy, not being young it’s also been my experience that with any game types PVP has always ended up on the back burner and had to deal with left overs.
Only the WvW and PVP maps are free and as you said guild halls are not and neither is the new profession. Without purchasing u get 2 maps mentioned above period.

(edited by Hybarf Tics.2048)

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: DiscoJacen.1590

DiscoJacen.1590

lordkrall you are so full of it that it’s dripping on the floor. There are full guilds of 100% WvW players that spend time in pve only to get the armor/equipment they need. The gamemode’s development flaws are not generalities for you to put players in.

You’re basing your "fact"s on one interview where good ol Mikey’ (CEO) anounced to Reyana (WvW streamer) that there were no only-WvW players only to be met with astonishment from her and AND Colin (Developper). This only proved that he ALSO is completely out of touch with his WvW community like you are.

You don’t play WvW, we get it, we see it. If you did you wouldn’t be shouting crap all over this thread. Please don’t assume we don’t exist because it suits you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMaqOSE1Kx8
the short version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LhvuomaJaY&feature=youtu.be

As for the OP, no I don’t think we’re getting any love with HoT. They “promised” population balances and it seems they won’t deliver. They’re releasing a new map that is filled with pve content and WAY TOO BIG for the actual community too handle it(was in the stress test). Imagine an even bigger edge of the mists replacing the 3 classic borderlands.

So far their actions seem to point to a desire to get rid of the gamemode in the long term. I do hope they actually come clean with their intentions at some point.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

(edited by DiscoJacen.1590)

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

no offense i play mostly WVW i would do it only but at the moment i have huge amount of time so i do pve also a lil nowadays..

the huge new map? thank you did u see how it looks? its all filled with bottle necks and its TOO BIG. i dont need a huge map i want to fight not another EOTM map where dodging is the key to success..

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Random.4691

The only reason this is a fact is because of the man hours put into PvE vs the other modes. If they had put the same amount of work into WvW as they had into PvE and the same amount of neglect into PvE as they have for WvW which mode do you think would have the most players ?

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Nobody can “only” play WvWvW for a couple reasons:

• You can’t go from character selection directly into WvWvW so just on that technicality alone
  • WvWvW gold gains are so abysmal that players are forced to PvE or RMT (legit or otherwise)
  • Some do go to sPvP because well..its some kinda PvP after all

I’m sure there are many who only want to play WvWvW but can’t (me!). You’d have to you know, communicate with the playerbase because pie charts can’t tell you that.

Whispers with meat.

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

People might not do MUCH none-WvW stuff, but as soon as you start doing some PvE or PvP (if just only to get some money or do a guild mission or skin) you no longer ONLY play WvW.

It’s an irrelevant distinction, if someone plays WvW the vast majority of the time, then that is the reason they play the game, that is the area that is of concern to them, it doesn’t matter whether someone plays 100% WvW or 80%.

Actually what “makes sense” is for them to spend resources on a particular niche of PvE player that spends lots of money on gems or new players that may spend lots of gems, which is largely what they have done for three years.

Which is of course the problem with B2P/F2P, they like to talk “quality”, but the reality is anything but, one of the reasons WoW has been able to grow / sustain such a playerbase over the years is it puts resources into every type of player, because with a sub every player matters, as opposed to selling boxes to new players and selling gems to a small minority of “whales” to play Barbie.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

Is lordkrall still arguing semantics about only versus predominantly?

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

Is lordkrall still arguing semantics about only versus predominantly?

LOL…yes <sigh>

Whispers with meat.

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Akatosh.7621

Akatosh.7621

@DiscoJacen.1590
You cannot say Krall does not play WvW, in fact he probabaly plays more than most people in this thread, we’re in the same WvW guild. He may be the worst player in the guild but he still plays

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

@DiscoJacen.1590
You cannot say Krall does not play WvW, in fact he probabaly plays more than most people in this thread, we’re in the same WvW guild. He may be the worst player in the guild but he still plays

Tell him to get out of Orgath Uplands and go fight real players then
Because he does sound like he hasn’t go the slightest clue.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Lach.7031

Lach.7031

ANET has about one year to give us wvw’ers some love before Camelot Unchained comes out (a game for pvp’ers) that will drain lots of their wvw players.

Clock is tick tick ticking…

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

ANET has about one year to give us wvw’ers some love before Camelot Unchained comes out (a game for pvp’ers) that will drain lots of their wvw players.

Do you actually think that CU will be released in about a year?

It is of course also worth pointing out that it will require a sub (as far as I remember). I also seem to recall people claiming the same about ESO, and yeah well. WvW is still very much alive.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Kaiser.9873

I do think CU will drain some players, but from what I’ve seen and read about it, not in a year. It doesn’t look, nor sound anywhere near ready.

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

DiscoJacen.1590

If it requires a sub it will crash miserably like ESO did. Also I really doubt it will be out in 2016 considering the advancement of it so far.

[ZERK] [RuSh]
Underworld

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

We’re getting a whole new map with new NPCs, new siege, new objectives, and a radical alteration to the existing upgrade system.

I’m not saying you have to like the changes coming down the pike (my opinions are decidedly mixed), but it’s silly to say WvW isn’t getting significant attention paid to it in HoT.

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

WvW is still very much alive.

On half the servers at any rate.

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: xev.9476

xev.9476

There’s no dismissing the fact that WvW rewards are far behind those of other game modes.

And lol, ESO didn’t fail because it was a sub game (hell, the most popular MMO of all time was/is sub based); it crashed because it had way too many issues (OP vamp dks for starters). GW2 is only as successful as it is because it’s b2p, visually stunning, and there’s relatively little competition, especially for game modes like RvR. CU creators are already beholden to their player base and openly communicate, even with those that haven’t yet pre-purchased. That’s already a massive improvement over what ANet offers, and that’s not to mention all the experience CU devs have in crafting a quality RvR experience (DAoC anyone?).

There’s always a chance that CU could fail, but there’s no evidence that even begins to suggest that it will, yet.

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

hahahahahah

It is.
I personally don’t know anyone that only WvW, despite being in a WvW-guild.
People keep claiming that they only WvW, but extremely few actually do.

It’s because the people who were WvW only, have been chased off with idiotic changes and complete ignorance from Anet towards the game mode, the few of us left that you’re seeing, are hoping the changes from HoT will fix many issues people are facing with the current state of things…

There are a LOT of WvW only players I know of. They log in, go to WvW and when they are done they log out. If spawning or waiting in Que in LA is considered as making us not 100% WvW players then you would be correct.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Its great that fractals and the living story are getting so much love. You can get legendary precursors from both segments.

People that play only WvW are indeed very few, mostly, because most of them have already left.

Those of us that are WvW focused PvX players are a lot though, some of us play mostly WvW, others mid range, others only some WvW, but we are there still, on regular basis.

As for expansion, to my knowledge, which may be incomplete / inaccurate:

We are gettign a new BL

This BL is designed to break up blobs, at leats theoretically, wether it succeeds or not in practice remains to be seen.

No idea about rewards or other positive incentives to play WvW, have not read / heard anything about that.

The current server situation and the high tier lock outs are a step in the right direction for the population issues, but more needs to be done, and I have not read / seen / heard anything about that “more” part.

So we’ll see. If the new BL works out as intended and really breaks up blobs + they impliment reward system equal to that of SW for winning the tough fights in WVW, + work some more on server pop issues, it may yet get better.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Tirien.1326

Tirien.1326

Well do you have to play WvW only for it to get some new things?
Same goes for everything, world bosses, dungeons, pvp, pve in general.

Does this mean that if you don’t only play one thing that thing wont get new updates?
Which means HoT is not coming, cause we don’t need it, cause we play all the game modes this game offers..

Yeah, sounds like a great idea.

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

lordkrall.7241

Well do you have to play WvW only for it to get some new things?
Same goes for everything, world bosses, dungeons, pvp, pve in general.

Does this mean that if you don’t only play one thing that thing wont get new updates?
Which means HoT is not coming, cause we don’t need it, cause we play all the game modes this game offers..

Yeah, sounds like a great idea.

That was not what I said though. What I did was comment on the line about a large percent just playing WvW.

Context is rather important.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

It is of course also worth pointing out that it will require a sub (as far as I remember). I also seem to recall people claiming the same about ESO, and yeah well. WvW is still very much alive.

Actually, once you get out of the top few tiers WvW isn’t alive, in fact it is quite dead on many tiers/servers apparently.

I will say I agree on your semantics argument about very few people only playing WvW. They might only WANT to play WvW, this game just doesn’t let them ONLY do that due to poor decisions by ANET and the mechanics in place.

As far as CU, the first beta isn’t too far off, maybe this year (maybe not, but I can hope)…I’d play that game in beta since i’ve sat and watched others play it in alpha. Their beta version will probably top gw2’s three years of live WvW beta. Let’s face it WvW has always been in beta here… However, if not, it wont be much worse. The subscription, yeah there is one, depending on how much money you spend up front, so that might be a concern for some.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Random.4691

Actually, once you get out of the top few tiers WvW isn’t alive, in fact it is quite dead on many tiers/servers apparently.

I will say I agree on your semantics argument about very few people only playing WvW. They might only WANT to play WvW, this game just doesn’t let them ONLY do that due to poor decisions by ANET and the mechanics in place.

As far as CU, the first beta isn’t too far off, maybe this year (maybe not, but I can hope)…I’d play that game in beta since i’ve sat and watched others play it in alpha. Their beta version will probably top gw2’s three years of live WvW beta. Let’s face it WvW has always been in beta here… However, if not, it wont be much worse. The subscription, yeah there is one, depending on how much money you spend up front, so that might be a concern for some.

This is very true, I have been moving alt accounts around to various lower tiered servers to see for my self. ET is dead, literally no more than 10 ppl in WvW at any given time 10 is a peak number. Currently I’m on AR, while it’s not “Dead” is certainly not overly active. NA prime is playable activity which isn’t suggesting its any where near where it should be. There are times during NA prime when there are no commanders, and only a small number of players running around doing whatever.

My travels have lead me to believe anything below T4 (and arguably T4 to some extent) are not as active as they should/could be. Servers ARE dying, some its a slow bleed while others are losing players at a faster rate, and some are just flat out inactive.

We have to many servers to support the number of layers that currently play, HoT will not bring back enough people to fill all those server’s.If Anet truly believes HoT will solve the population issues than I’m sorry to say, they have unrealistic expectations. If anything HoT will fatten up PvE more than any other game mode. Time to start shutting down/merging ladies and gents.

HoT no WvW love?

in WvW

Posted by: Aenaos.8160

Aenaos.8160

“There is no such person”™ and from what I understand
in this game such a person should never exist.
As such,all measures are taken so that players have more than
one reason to not play just WvW.
God forbid.
Can you imagine being able to get the same amount of loot from
WvW as you can do from PvE?
The horror.

-Win a pip,lose a pip,win a pip,lose a pip,lose a pip,
lose a pip,win 2 pips,lose a pip,lose a pip…………..-
-Go go Espartz.-