Holding Objectives being rewarded is bad

in WvW

Posted by: jamesdolla.3954

jamesdolla.3954

Just promotes more night capping and sitting on siege. I have no clue why they added this in the game. Guess they wanted to make it look like they were doing something.

Native Maguuman

(edited by jamesdolla.3954)

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

I think they added this to incentive people to fight over T3 objectives instead of paper ones… Most of the time you see zergs only going for paper stuff to K-train while avoiding upgraded defended objectives because of how much time/effort consuming they are.

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I think they added this to incentive people to fight over T3 objectives instead of paper ones… Most of the time you see zergs only going for paper stuff to K-train while avoiding upgraded defended objectives because of how much time/effort consuming they are.

Don’t you know only K-train Zergling is the only way to play and should be the most rewarding……

in WvW

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Great Change! Been asking for this for so long, great to finally see it being implemented. From the patch notes it looks like PPC was added alongside PPU which is great. What sense did it make for a tier 1 paper keep to award the same points as a tier 3 keep?

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Unsure how this will play out on a longer period but as for now i can see it’s not a good idea as it might favor the already dominating side. Just keep everything paper and hold your t3s.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

Unsure how this will play out on a longer period but as for now i can see it’s not a good idea as it might favor the already dominating side. Just keep everything paper and hold your t3s.

This is pretty much spot on, it will just enable the dominant server to get bigger wins.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

This is pretty much spot on, it will just enable the dominant server to get bigger wins.

That’s indeed a problem but what incentive you have to attack T3 objectives when you can capture paper ones and have the same effect? I think the ideal would be if the upgrades on objectives reseted with each skirmish, making you have to work toward upgrading them if you intent to make them T3 for the points.

WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

That’s indeed a problem but what incentive you have to attack T3 objectives when you can capture paper ones and have the same effect? I think the ideal would be if the upgrades on objectives reseted with each skirmish, making you have to work toward upgrading them if you intent to make them T3 for the points.

What it matters is the reward itself, more loot few more FREE wxp+ rewards track etc, did the loot change as well?

I think it will to continue the same as before….as much this sounds a decent change, better late than never (this change should be ocurred 2years ago….).

People ktrain due the free rewards being acumulated and complete the rewards track much faster w/o effort than normal gameplay , not the ppt system…. mostly

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in WvW

Offair.2563

To get a fight which has happened 4+ years now. Unless you have a ktrain that doesn’t want to fight but only ktrain.

If you want to have them reset every 2 hours you might want to request a rework of the amount of dolyaks as its quite harsh to get a keep to t3 in less then 2 hours.

Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

I think it is good that capturing higher tier objectives awards more points. They are harder to take and it makes sense to award more points for this.

I think it is very bad that holding higher tier objectives award more points. It is easier to hold if they are high level. It will lead to servers with a lot of high tier objectives having a serious advantage in the skirmish. Not only do they have the pleasure to have objectives that are very hard to take, they will also tick higher even if they don’t capture anything else. If you start the skirmish with only paper stuff, you are screwed even if you hold your own against the other servers.

in WvW

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

How about extra points for capturing a T3 keep but PPT remains the same.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

in WvW

Posted by: Entenkommando.5208

Entenkommando.5208

I think we’ve seen by now that anet designs things with an equal match up in mind and that would work if it was the case but they try to achieve all that with server links which will never work that way.

R.I.P Kodasch Allianz [KoA]

All we wanted was a GvG.

in WvW

Posted by: Coldtart.4785

Coldtart.4785

There is no possible way that any changes to scoring can ever make any meaningful difference to WvW.

When is Anet going to realise that it is impossible for 3 team free for all, 24/7 battle to be a competitive game mode? It would be like a cube having seven faces. It just isn’t a real thing that can ever exist.

in WvW

Posted by: Eleazar.9478

Eleazar.9478

Shut up with your logic this is the wvw forums don’t act like your for the change. Everything has to be salty

[Snky] FC don’t worry I’m just a scrub until I’m OP

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

I really only have one reservation about this change – T3 keeps and towers rely too heavily on walls, doors and siege over actual player presence when it comes to defense. A well prepped objective can be insanely hard to even try to fight over. Heaven forbid an equal size foe actually defend it too.

So sure one might say that this change “encourage” fighting over T3 objectives. But guess what – its kittening exhausting if you dont have a full zerg. Its not fun in any way to smash your head against T3 for 2-3 hours when its a smaller group. No fun fighting and no fun sieging. The pace of the game slows to a crawl and objectives become too static.

If there are more T3 across the board due to this (ppt is king so of course this will “force” servers to play defensivly) there wont be much middle ground, stick to roaming or large scale zerging.

That IMO is detrimental to WvW.

(edited by Dawdler.8521)

in WvW

Posted by: Vova.2640

Vova.2640

It’s a good change in tiers with BALANCE population. There it actually a good incentive to have people fight over T3 objectives. Create more fights hopefully.

But the problem is populations aren’t balanced at all especially in higher tiers. So this change only rewards the more stacked servers.

Look at how effective someone is in a full Soldiers set.
Look at how effective someone is in a full Dire set.
Nice balance.

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

It doesn’t change the playstyle much, commanders usually will value T3 more than T0 unless you have kitten commanders that abandon T3 for T0 then ignts.

The PPT is just reflecting the true value of T0 T3 T2 T1 , nothing more. However, I feel the value given is too high that it oveshadow the value of PPK.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Jeknar.6184

It doesn’t change the playstyle much, commanders usually will value T3 more than T0 unless you have kitten commanders that abandon T3 for T0 then ignts.

The PPT is just reflecting the true value of T0 T3 T2 T1 , nothing more. However, I feel the value given is too high that it oveshadow the value of PPK.

It’s not about defending. It’s about attacking… Ofc people will try to defend their T3 stuff. But it’s not always that people will attack T3 structures because there was no incentive to do so since a T0 object worth the same as a T3. Now you need to knock off these T3 keeps if you want to stop the enemy PPT.

in WvW

Posted by: SloRules.3560

SloRules.3560

Attacking a t3 keep with a zoneblob is not the only way to do it, once people realize that(when score acctuly matters) WvW is going to get better.

in WvW

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

This exactly.

in WvW

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Well then, the 5 of us that papered the T3 CD Keep did well for the team then… yay… Too bad nobody was home at the time except that one guy who seemed to forget he could put up some siege and get us before we could get those gates down…

Hey did you know that the lords fall faster with less people? Gotta love the small group.. no blobs for this guy…

… just call me … Tim :)

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Just promotes more night capping and sitting on siege. I have no clue why they added this is in the game. Guess they wanted to make it look like they were doing something.

I have a much better idea.

Get rid of the ‘three server model’.

Go to a two server only model and stop the idiocy of five versus three servers.

A fair fight is one v one – in any mode.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in WvW

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

People don’t need a reason to defend tier3 stuff, they are already very overpowered because of waypoint, upgrades and being harder/slower to take. Commanders are already defending them for that reason.
If they wanted to encourage people to attack tier3 stuff: increase the points for capturing tier3 stuff is enough.

Now your server just needs a big blob at times when the enemy has nobody. So you can blob over the opponent, papering all their stuff, crippling their ppt for many skirmishes. Not only did the skirmishing not solve the nightcapping problem, this change just made it worse. Furthermore it increases the gap between the servers even more. I really don’t think they have thought this through.

And if you start out in a skirmish with only paper stuff and your opponent has tier3 keeps, then you might as well just give up the skirmish, as there is no way to take defended tier 3 keeps in time to actually win the skirmishes even if you hold your bl and eb third (a lot harder if they are paper).

(edited by Rink.6108)

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

I have a much better idea.
Get rid of the ‘three server model’.

Go to a two server only model and stop the idiocy of five versus three servers.

A fair fight is one v one – in any mode.

What do you think will happen when one side dominates the other side for the week? Can you imagine any server versus Blackgate alone?

The real problem with the 3 sided model is there is currently nothing in place to drive 2nd and 3rd after 1st, instead it’s just better for 1st 2nd after 3rd.

If they wanted to encourage people to attack tier3 stuff: increase the points for capturing tier3 stuff is enough.

That’s an advantage for the attacker and no incentive for the defender to actually defend it anymore beyond t1, might as well let you flip it at t1 because it gives you less points but it’ll be worth the same ppt to the defender either way. Only thing that would be worth defending is the keeps for waypoints, everything else would just be backcapped.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

(edited by Xenesis.6389)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

How about extra points for capturing a T3 keep but PPT remains the same.

This should be the incentive, the Server with the T3 keep shouldn’t be getting more points, the Server that manages to capture a T3 objective should get a considerable boost in points for the capture itself. Once again Anet did it kitten backwards.

in WvW

Posted by: Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930

As if you can see in this thread, by a Dev posting about scoring. We already know it was coming so quit your complaining.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Let-s-Talk-Scoring
Learn to read please.

[Rekz] Another Dead WvW Guild

(edited by Kekkei Genkai Kage.5930)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

As if you can in this thread by a Dev we already know it was coming so quit your complaining.
Learn to read please.

As if you can what ? Your post makes no sense what so ever.

in WvW

Offair.2563

As if you can see in this thread, by a Dev posting about scoring. We already know it was coming so quit your complaining.
Learn to read please.

Doesn’t mean we’re not allowed to raise our concerns and discuss as why this is a bad change.