Holy Condis Batman!

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

back after 1.5 year hiatus, and honestly I’m not exactly sure what’s going on. back in the power meta, we had viable midliners, frontliners, backliners, and focus squad specs. even when you got caught out of position, you still had a chance to react. maybe you’d get spiked for 11k when making a mistake, but at least you had ONE chance to blow your CD’s and regroup with your squad. now it seems one mistake = 50 stacks of bleeds and instant death, unless youre spamming multiple condi clears preemptively. I’ll argue that condis dont really matter now, whereas they mattered before. cripple, poison, immob, chill soft cc’s plus status effects like daze and stun – it was a decent amount of condis to deal with and they all mattered. now you have to deal with these PLUS the unending spam of burns and bleeds.

so I’m wondering if I’m just mistaken. I’m really digging the WvW love with the recent patch, and the rewards finally seem decent. but now the gameplay is utter kittene. is it me, or does the community feel this way as well?

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

back after 1.5 year hiatus, and honestly I’m not exactly sure what’s going on. back in the power meta, we had viable midliners, frontliners, backliners, and focus squad specs. even when you got caught out of position, you still had a chance to react. maybe you’d get spiked for 11k when making a mistake, but at least you had ONE chance to blow your CD’s and regroup with your squad. now it seems one mistake = 50 stacks of bleeds and instant death, unless youre spamming multiple condi clears preemptively. I’ll argue that condis dont really matter now, whereas they mattered before. cripple, poison, immob, chill soft cc’s plus status effects like daze and stun – it was a decent amount of condis to deal with and they all mattered. now you have to deal with these PLUS the unending spam of burns and bleeds.

so I’m wondering if I’m just mistaken. I’m really digging the WvW love with the recent patch, and the rewards finally seem decent. but now the gameplay is utter kittene. is it me, or does the community feel this way as well?

Condi cheese is the new meta mate. One of those things a lot of ppl just adapted and moved on. All the complaints of the power creep HoT brought and anet finally changed it and ppl don’t like it (kind of a “be careful what you wish for” scenario). If people want to go skill less then all the power to them. I find range over 900 works tho as condi builds typically need 900 max to do anything (so ranger staff or LB for example).

Its def something that the community has noticed and those running condi builds will defend to the death (albeit I run a vanilla condi engi from time to time but even i think condis are totally unbalanced)

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

The lack of skills to mitigate the massive gains in condition damage has become a true ‘lack of care’ issue on Anet’s part.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

Condi meta is still here but only in form of hybrid necros/revs, because resistance stacking from dura runes/melee rev in your party makes condi users require to have some boon corrupt to be relevant for first ~20 seconds of fight.

Some classes have been moved to useless status tho like Power mesmer (dies instantly when shout necro comes nearby), Druid/ranger (kills more allies with their pets getting epid than enemies), thief (only staff thief can somewhat do decent dps in blobfights but hammer warrior is safer for this) and scrapper (gets rekt by corrupt/aura meta).

So basically classes you can play reliably are:
melee or staff ele/tempest
Guardian
Revenant: Melee/Ranged: hybrid/power/heal
Reaper Power/Hybrid
Berserker (very party reliant on clenase).

Now surprisingly 3 of these classes counter somewhat condi meta, ele with cleanses, revenant with resistance and guardian with cleanses. Also you dont want too many berserkers in squad, only a few, as they’re sometimes liability.

Now as long as your server follows this meta, they will be fine. Dont forget that for example dragonhunter is a focus-party class even if you tank it up. And you didnt want even before HoT more than 5 FP classes with you when you were 50 or so.

Unfortunately there isnt easy solution to all these people running PvE builds. All you can pretty much do is; Just kick all dragonhunters, rangers/druids, vanilla engineers/mesmers and thieves/daredevils from squad without arguing them about it and they will either relog, die instantly(ragequit) or not play the game, and dont go eb, pugs are endless there.

Btw, even before HoT groups died instantly, there just were more open guilds and hardcore players playing against each other so you didnt notice it. Current good blobs can fight each other for 5+ minutes etc, they’re just much much more harder to find.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Condi meta is still here but only in form of hybrid necros/revs, because resistance stacking from dura runes/melee rev in your party makes condi users require to have some boon corrupt to be relevant for first ~20 seconds of fight.

Some classes have been moved to useless status tho like Power mesmer (dies instantly when shout necro comes nearby), Druid/ranger (kills more allies with their pets getting epid than enemies), thief (only staff thief can somewhat do decent dps in blobfights but hammer warrior is safer for this) and scrapper (gets rekt by corrupt/aura meta).

So basically classes you can play reliably are:
melee or staff ele/tempest
Guardian
Revenant: Melee/Ranged: hybrid/power/heal
Reaper Power/Hybrid
Berserker (very party reliant on clenase).

Now surprisingly 3 of these classes counter somewhat condi meta, ele with cleanses, revenant with resistance and guardian with cleanses. Also you dont want too many berserkers in squad, only a few, as they’re sometimes liability.

Now as long as your server follows this meta, they will be fine. Dont forget that for example dragonhunter is a focus-party class even if you tank it up. And you didnt want even before HoT more than 5 FP classes with you when you were 50 or so.

Unfortunately there isnt easy solution to all these people running PvE builds. All you can pretty much do is; Just kick all dragonhunters, rangers/druids, vanilla engineers/mesmers and thieves/daredevils from squad without arguing them about it and they will either relog, die instantly(ragequit) or not play the game, and dont go eb, pugs are endless there.

Btw, even before HoT groups died instantly, there just were more open guilds and hardcore players playing against each other so you didnt notice it. Current good blobs can fight each other for 5+ minutes etc, they’re just much much more harder to find.

As a Daredevil, it isn’t as easy running with very few condi clears, however im stubborn and stick to it and I typically do fairly well against these condi builds (Engis still give me grief, as well as Burn guards/DH)

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I just looks like more spam now.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Reaper does everything in aoe and has traits that do Condi from other traits that also do Condi and those also do Condi from yet other traits. Within a few seconds reapers are putting out every Condi ingame as aoe, and boon corrupts aswell on everything, while playing face tank builds. And the sad part is that reapers believe this is legit because it’s their “balance” and yet still cry for more mobility and evade frames. Whatever I guess, everyone roll a reaper and we can all just mash buttons and get loot!

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Lionwait.4815

Lionwait.4815

I wouldn’t blame all conditions for being unbalanced. Its just the reaper trait “deathly chill” that stacks 3 bleeds per chill applied. If they changed it to 2 bleeds I think it wouldn’t be so painful. As for new stuff to come with the 2nd expansion who knows what condition resistance they will think up.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

Most common viable party setup almost if always immune to conditions when played adequately due to resistance as a boon but also party-wide cleanses:

1. AH Guard (commander/stab 1)
2. AH Guard (stab 2)
3. Mallyx Rev/healbot Rev/power Rev (resistance spam)
4. Midline/FL aurashare and/or healbot Tempest
5. Wells traditional BL Necro/Midline or FL Necro (corrupts, transfers etc)

Hope this helps.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: XenesisII.1540

XenesisII.1540

All the complaints of the power creep HoT brought and anet finally changed it and ppl don’t like it (kind of a “be careful what you wish for” scenario).

That was mostly a complaint by pve players who were jealous of zerk speed clears, but now the rest of us have to suffer over the condition changes.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“I knew it, I’m surrounded by…” – Dark Helmet

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Bigpapasmurf.5623

All the complaints of the power creep HoT brought and anet finally changed it and ppl don’t like it (kind of a “be careful what you wish for” scenario).

That was mostly a complaint by pve players who were jealous of zerk speed clears, but now the rest of us have to suffer over the condition changes.

There were lots in PvP (most of what I heard was there while doing missions and dailies) and some in WvW (although not as much). Majority of what ive seen was PvP tho.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

Cindition cleanse and resistance/boon spam have meant conditions spiking people down is necessary to do any damage. Also it has meant that boon corrupt skills have become more prevalent and deadly (more boons than ever to corrupt).

If Anet wanted to they could remove damage based condition cleanse from the game, rebalance the condition cleanse for movement control effects, and normalize condition damage on a build by build basis.

Then that would treat duration as the equivalent to critical damage (by increasing the total damage over time that was possible with condition damage stat as the power equivalent).

This would be a reduction in skill requirements (less need to manage condition cleanse for yourself or for those you are attacking with conditions) but overall might balance out the complaints from people who think “more cleanse” equals less condition damage. It does, but it also means condition damage needs to spike people down before their cleanse kicks in.

It’s a vicious cycle that only gets worse every time Anet adds in cleanse and buffs conditions to compensate.

I wouldn’t mind fighting longer fights without cleanse. It would be less frustrating for me to not have to deal with zero damage periodically even if I did less damage in bursts. But would you, anti-condi activists, really be ok with that?

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Now if only condition cleanses where as effective as the speed-gun application of conditions.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

saerni.2584

See Odokuro’s response for a textbook example of what I mean.

Thief (Daredevil)

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Anyone who has faced a condi spamming toon (such as thief or necro or mesmer or engi) knows that no matter how much cleanse you bring, sooner or later you find yourself ticking down fast.

Multiply that by 40-50 people, and suddenly you can be hit with 50+ bleeds, numerous burning and loads of other condis which are impossible to remove and down you instantly.

They need to introduce a stack limit on condis in wvw. But then they also need to either give staff ele a faster auto attack or be able to switch weapons but that hasn’t happened either…so don’t hold your breath.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

saerni.2584

If you think you should survive 40-50 people all beating on you…I have some bad news for you.

No.

Thief (Daredevil)

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

I have NO quams about condition builds and the people that use them, heck I use a D/D condi-evade DD build in WvW, but, I like to step back from the, “Muh Condi-META” mentality, and look at it for those on the receiving end.

Those at the receiving end have a limited amount of cleanses either through runes/sigils, skills or spec choices.

I on the other hand, can keep pumping out stacks-on-stacks of bleeds/poisons along with cripple/torment/confusion. Now you can try as you might to clear those stacks, but guess what, I’m back, popped my condition-cd’s (Venoms/Basilisks) and have put those same conditions that you moments ago, cleared.

At the end, the ease of both the person applying the conditions and the person removing them, need to be on equal footing.

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: VladR.9827

VladR.9827

Until Anet will split all 3 game modes to be totally separate : pve, pvp and wvw there is no hope for the proper balance in wvw. Anet’s focus is about raids where you have to stack condis and this makes wvw so kittenly sh**y and unbalanced condi meta….

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Multiply that by 40-50 people, and suddenly you can be hit with 50+ bleeds, numerous burning and loads of other condis which are impossible to remove and down you instantly.

Minor nitpick with your post:

That doesnt describe 40-50 people, that describe a single reaper.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

Anet has yet to acknowledge or address the condi problems and issues in this game. They seem to avoid it at all costs.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

At the end, the ease of both the person applying the conditions and the person removing them, need to be on equal footing.

Application should always be higher than removal.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Most common viable party setup almost if always immune to conditions when played adequately due to resistance as a boon but also party-wide cleanses:

1. AH Guard (stab 1) – could be commander
2. AH Guard/heal shout (stab 2)
3. Mallyx Rev/Condi (resistance spam)
4. “Frontline” aurashare and/or healbot Tempest **
5. Shout/Corrupt Reaper (corrupts, transfers etc)

Hope this helps.

FIXED – there is no true “mid or backline” anymore unless using pirate ship.

(**) insert Chrono or Stealth rezzer or other second DPS

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

WvW is all about aoe+condi stacking in a very spam way and the more players ur sever have the better, u will dominate the skirmish.

just stack alot of hammer revs and necros/reapers… and full stack in one group.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Anyone who has faced a condi spamming toon (such as thief or necro or mesmer or engi) knows that no matter how much cleanse you bring, sooner or later you find yourself ticking down fast.

They need to introduce a stack limit on condis in wvw. But then they also need to either give staff ele a faster auto attack or be able to switch weapons but that hasn’t happened either…so don’t hold your breath.

What exactly are YOU doing when those Condition builds are spamming Conditions?

I had a fight with my power toon against a DB condition build last night. While he was spamming conditions , I was cleansing them and attacking with P/P and staff. He died first.

I should EXPECT to take damage from his conditions and the longer the fight goes on the likelier I would have conditions on me. At the same time it not like I am helpless and can not use my own attacks to tick that condition players health down.

As to a limit on conditions that can be applied by a larger number of enemies , why on earth would that be called for when there no such limit on the amount of damage that power based enemies can apply? I assure you you will die faster to a multiple of power based enemy then to those that are condition based.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

babazhook.6805

I have NO quams about condition builds and the people that use them, heck I use a D/D condi-evade DD build in WvW, but, I like to step back from the, “Muh Condi-META” mentality, and look at it for those on the receiving end.

Those at the receiving end have a limited amount of cleanses either through runes/sigils, skills or spec choices.

I on the other hand, can keep pumping out stacks-on-stacks of bleeds/poisons along with cripple/torment/confusion. Now you can try as you might to clear those stacks, but guess what, I’m back, popped my condition-cd’s (Venoms/Basilisks) and have put those same conditions that you moments ago, cleared.

If they were on an equal footing then people would not die to conditions. This is like saying the Armor and heals available to me should be at an equal footing with the amount of damage a power player can pump out.

It is not going to happen nor should it. We all gottta die sometime.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Famine.7915

Famine.7915

All these talks about cleanses and only 1 comment about prevention in the history of the forums (probably)… Noice.

Vee/Volk
Maguuma – Predatory Instinct [HUNT]
Necromancer

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Eiffel.8937

Eiffel.8937

Anet should just remove all dmg conditions and binding roots from wvw it´s just kitten that cant be balanced

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

saerni.2584

Anet should remove all damage because balance is hard.

That is how that sounds.

Thief (Daredevil)

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: syntohras.1064

syntohras.1064

Condis are too strong in WvWvW. That also coming from Buffood . But anet don’t care.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Eiffel.8937

Eiffel.8937

Anet should remove all damage because balance is hard.

That is how that sounds.

no that is not what I meant
the problem with conditions is that they are still doing dmg when you are not actively doing something and you never know for howlong

(edited by Eiffel.8937)

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

saerni.2584

There is a timer bar around the condition. The active part is the skill they used to apply the condition. The counter play of block, evade applies. You can also cleanse or use resistance. (I count transfer as a cleanse).

Damage over time is damage over time, not some unfair bonus.

Thief (Daredevil)

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

You’re not mistaken.

But it’s still possible to survive. You just have to save your major clears for the correct moments and not just spam them. Depends on class of course.

Chances are you want to think more about mobility.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

yeah since this update everyone and their dog is using condi builds. realy spoiling it, forced to use max anti condi, as someone who doesnt enjoy the condi builds and find it nooby it really is just plain boring facing a few people and having every condi on the game on you x25 stacks….
and im playing power rev with no clenses. :L

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Since HoT, most of the requirements for skilled play have been thrown out the window.

Most of the skillgroup community has since left the game entirely because of it.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Miko.4158

Miko.4158

hey I just met you
and condi’s crazy
so take my health bar
and call me maybe

I like 2 seconds of resistance to really build up a good sized stack
I carry alot of cleanse , but there’s never enough
only one big clear, after that its looking for a place to die when resistance wears off.
Or I can try and dry hump the nearest guard whilst begging and cursing

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper Alim.4176

Reaper Alim.4176

Cindition cleanse and resistance/boon spam have meant conditions spiking people down is necessary to do any damage. Also it has meant that boon corrupt skills have become more prevalent and deadly (more boons than ever to corrupt).

If Anet wanted to they could remove damage based condition cleanse from the game, rebalance the condition cleanse for movement control effects, and normalize condition damage on a build by build basis.

Then that would treat duration as the equivalent to critical damage (by increasing the total damage over time that was possible with condition damage stat as the power equivalent).

This would be a reduction in skill requirements (less need to manage condition cleanse for yourself or for those you are attacking with conditions) but overall might balance out the complaints from people who think “more cleanse” equals less condition damage. It does, but it also means condition damage needs to spike people down before their cleanse kicks in.

It’s a vicious cycle that only gets worse every time Anet adds in cleanse and buffs conditions to compensate.

I wouldn’t mind fighting longer fights without cleanse. It would be less frustrating for me to not have to deal with zero damage periodically even if I did less damage in bursts. But would you, anti-condi activists, really be ok with that?

It’s ok I just rerolled to Win’a’Reaper Cancer. I just spam like the other condi bombers. The bags do tend to come in at a very good rate. Plus on my reaper I can zerg dive blow my bomb and shroud 3 and 2 back to the safety of my zerg. Then watch the bodies hit the floor cause I’ve noticed in most cases. The enemy zerg already blew their cleanses on the 2 or 3 reapers acting on prompt from the commander.

It’s a on going joke. Maybe when I’m feeling ballsy enoth I might record what I just said for you guys. Condi atm as completely face roll stack Condi damage, vit, toughness, and condi duration on the same build and profit.

GG nothing to complain about anymore. Since I’ve become the very thing I hated. I am no longer the prey. I am now the monster that most hates.

I maybe a troll with class.
But at least I admit it!
PoF guys get ready for PvE joys

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

Just blast light fields, Rolf!

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Skada.1362

Skada.1362

The main problem with condition based builds is that they often allow the player to stack up heavily on defense while still being able to dish out great damage. Power builds are glassy, condition builds are often tanky. There you go.

I am Derpocalypse. WvW is all I care about. Currently on Piken Square EU.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

it blows. it really seriously blows. It is very, very, boring. Trend in this game mode is currently that the meta will be worse than the previous meta it replaced. It’s beyond me how they let this direction take place and how they will let this go on for around a year or more particularly that they admitted that some condition skills particularly from necro bringing so much stress on their servers. I’m willing to bet it’s with all the additional timers and processes the condis add. It’s really, really ugly. Disgusting. Very disgusting.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

saerni.2584

There are a lot of tanks power builds that dish out lots of damage. I’ve fought many of them.

In sPvP I’ve fought many more people who actually run balanced builds that. An handle conditions. In WvW I apply FEWER conditions (due to skill split) and people melt much faster. It’s not that I have stronger stats in WvW (I do), it’s that they never cleanse or evade or block.

And these are not “new” players. Veterans who should know better die to stuff that would be shrugged off in sPvP.

Do necros apply too many conditions? Is boon corrupt too strong? Maybe that is the conversation we need to be having.

Thief (Daredevil)

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Play meta or die to inferior skill. Condi builds are meta. If they nerf them, then some other build will be the new “OP” meta. We can gripe all day long about condi’s but that is the nature of meta builds. Course the SB changes on the thief are OP.

Wasn’t that long ago boon spam was just annihilating everything in large scale… and that is still around just not as OP as it was.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

babazhook.6805

Play meta or die to inferior skill. Condi builds are meta. If they nerf them, then some other build will be the new “OP” meta. We can gripe all day long about condi’s but that is the nature of meta builds. Course the SB changes on the thief are OP.

Wasn’t that long ago boon spam was just annihilating everything in large scale… and that is still around just not as OP as it was.

SB changes are fine. All it means is people can no longer just sit in the AOE field and ignore SB damage as they used to do.

If I see the SB circle go up , I get out of the area and damage received minimal for the amount of INI spent by the enemy (just as I do for other AOE effects). SB now works for area denial. Prior to changes people could just stand in the field and ignore the same. SB is now a valid weapon choice and not there just for infiltrators.

Just as it was with DH traps time is needed for people to adapt to the new CG. I still see people stand around in it swinging away at an enemy.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

babazhook.6805

There a number of ways one can mitigate the damage put out by condition builds. If you can mitigate that damage (primarily through cleanses and avoidance) than the fact the enemy in heavier armor immaterial as you will always pump out more damage than him when you use a power build. There might be a specific build that overtuned condition wise but the majority of the issues are still related to people being unwilling to trait for cleanses or not knowing how to cleanse or avoid them efficiently.

If one is referring specificaly to a Zerg fight , there far too many other variables to arrive at the conclusion that they are OP.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

The solution is to embrace the condi meta, and to – like a server we all know but won’t mention here, because this is NOT a matchup thread – push it all to the limit.

With so many of our PvE comrades now here with us in WvW, it is the perfect opportunity to demonstrate how much ‘fun’ this new meta is when they face a blob of 50 opponents running mostly condi-spamming classes while they are in – no condi abatement builds – and the ‘fun’ experience of being glued in place watching your health tick away. Wait… nope can’t watch it, it happens so fast!

If power were the meta, much the same would happen to our new WvW friends. But, we’re talking about the need for separate balancing across game modes, and our PvE friends can be some important allies in getting that message to ANet.

Give it some time. Hope that they stay long enough to try to run small teams, rather than tucking into the blob. Hope they try traversing the map by themselves, and that their experience informs them of what we’ve been seeing and saying for awhile now.

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Miyafuji.1340

Miyafuji.1340

It doesn’t work. Even if I spec everything to condi cleanse I will die to condi really fast. The issue is how many conditions there are and how easy it is to appy and reapply vs how much you have to dedicate to remove it + the skill levels. I can throw random PVE player, give him tanky condi necro and he can do serious damage. You need amazing player to dodge clense, resistance boon share at the perfect moments. While the condi applier can just brainlessly spam it and probably is still going to win. Its just spamming condi/epi/corrupt boon. If they are not ready they will die in seconds, if they are in a minute.

You can lose only if your team has terrible support like literally no heals, no blocks, etc, aka you all go condi only. It is way easier to mitigate power damage than condi damage.

Another problem is the snowball effect. While 1v1 or party vs party you can kill the condi group. 50vs50 its whole another story.

And last but not least problem, is the lack of defense. There is no stat that protects you against condi. While condi guy can run condi + max everything else on vita and toughness (which protects him from power attacks) there is nothing protecting you gainst condi. There is a gear and runes that give you – condi duration, but duration is not the problem its the initial impact and the first/second tick that kills you, not that you have torment on you for 20 seconds and having it for 16 instead will save you…. Yes there is for example food that helps, but its not good enough. We need some sort of protections, like if toughness would affect condi as well, it would not break the PVE ballance at all and it would help a lot.

I am princess Tomiko Miyafuji, daughter of Lady Zenith the unforgiving…. beware…
My old backstory: http://www.archeageroleplay.com/forum_threads/1873740

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

You can’t avoid the damage: spamming AA already fill your bar.

Please remove more than one stack of one type of condition from all the AA attacks from weapons
And traits which apply new conditions to have an ICD same duration as the condition applied or very short (3 second at most) if it doesn’t have any ICD.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Isanox.3498

Isanox.3498

Don’t worry in 2 or 3 weeks the PvE will be gone and you ‘Pro’ WvWer can get back to the good old days. A nearly empty battlefield with 3 classes banging each other on the head.

WvW is so toxic thanks to people like you that I bet anet has lost more customers since the patch then all this year combined.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Don’t worry in 2 or 3 weeks the PvE will be gone and you ‘Pro’ WvWer can get back to the good old days. A nearly empty battlefield with 3 classes banging each other on the head.

WvW is so toxic thanks to people like you that I bet anet has lost more customers since the patch then all this year combined.

Nah nooooo… Have you seen how pretty the T3 armor is?
I think is the best in game with those “tatoos” like leylines vibrating…

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

@Isanox, I’m pretty sure that many players complained about the elitist, toxic PvE Raiders as it became apparent that they expect/demand certain classes and builds to succeed in their raids. It’s really not that different in WvW. So, don’t understand the complete disregard of that fact.

This is a problem whose source is the balance team decisions around condis and how they stack/apply, etc. These decisions were made with an eye toward PvE. Plain and simple.

The players, who play – win, die – here, understand what works and what doesn’t cause… been there. done that. Just like Raids. Adjustments to the way things work have been made for Raids. Adjustments to the way things work have been made for sPvP.

WvW players are asking for a separate balancing that understands WvW as a separate game mode with it’s unique needs/requirements. Not that unreasonable.

What is being talked about here, is how the condi meta and a lack of separate balancing between game modes has made THIS game mode LESS fun, not more. I am hoping that in a little time, more of our PvE brethren who have stepped foot into WvW will be discovering the same and joining with us to request that ANet separate their balancing for WvW from PvE just as they have already done for sPvP.

And look, I said all that without putting down PvE. Let’s just stick to the issues without the need to call each other out for possibly understanding one game mode better than others cause we’ve been spending a ton of time in it – whether PvE, sPvP or WvW.

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

SB changes are fine. All it means is people can no longer just sit in the AOE field and ignore SB damage as they used to do.

If I see the SB circle go up , I get out of the area and damage received minimal for the amount of INI spent by the enemy (just as I do for other AOE effects). SB now works for area denial. Prior to changes people could just stand in the field and ignore the same. SB is now a valid weapon choice and not there just for infiltrators.

Just as it was with DH traps time is needed for people to adapt to the new CG. I still see people stand around in it swinging away at an enemy.

If DH traps triggered Sigil of Draining, Impacting Disruption and Pressure Striking every second, they would be OP too. With Basilisk, it just starts getting ugly fast. Plus it eats right through stab, break bars and Resistance while ignoring the condi still procs the Drain and ID.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”