Holy Condis Batman!

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Pensadora.9478

Pensadora.9478

I remember the days of OP Dragon Hunters. Here’s a reminder, in case some have forgotten. Beta test day – testing DH Traps. (please overlook bad Chrono play).

Testing Dragon Hunter Traps – Beta

GM of [MAS] – Might and Smarts – WvW
http://www.mas4eva.enjin.com/

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Trepidation Lost.3469

Trepidation Lost.3469

condi in wvw needs nerfing so hard….

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

SB changes are fine. All it means is people can no longer just sit in the AOE field and ignore SB damage as they used to do.

If I see the SB circle go up , I get out of the area and damage received minimal for the amount of INI spent by the enemy (just as I do for other AOE effects). SB now works for area denial. Prior to changes people could just stand in the field and ignore the same. SB is now a valid weapon choice and not there just for infiltrators.

Just as it was with DH traps time is needed for people to adapt to the new CG. I still see people stand around in it swinging away at an enemy.

If DH traps triggered Sigil of Draining, Impacting Disruption and Pressure Striking every second, they would be OP too. With Basilisk, it just starts getting ugly fast. Plus it eats right through stab, break bars and Resistance while ignoring the condi still procs the Drain and ID.

You are premising the damage done by Choking gas upon remaining in the field for 4 seconds and standing in multiple fields.

A single use of CG AT MOST (100 poison duration) will add 8 stacks poison and do ONE interrupt if the player stays in it for the duration. You would have to have the reaction time of a Methusaleh not to be able to get to get out of that field before you take more then 4 stacks of poison meaning the Daze would never trigger.

I assure you if I stood in a Plaguelands field, in a Meteor Shower field or in a Caltrops field for the full duration of the field , I would suffer at least as much damage if not more.

Nothing prevents you from leaving the field and if you want to tie the power of CG to multiple uses of the same or to other skills used in conjunction with it or to someone just standing in the field then it is wrong to claim it as OP.

I can do more damage with Cluster bomb.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Power reaper is superior. Get more bags and easier to play.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

babazhook.6805

You can’t avoid the damage: spamming AA already fill your bar.

Please remove more than one stack of one type of condition from all the AA attacks from weapons
And traits which apply new conditions to have an ICD same duration as the condition applied or very short (3 second at most) if it doesn’t have any ICD.

Every single AA attack in existence has a Physical element component. How is it that “conditions are easy to apply” just by using the AA as is being claimed while the same statement not made about power?

Take a d/d POWER thief against a D/D condition thief and have that latter thief on his higher armor and vitality and have that power thief rely only on his cleanses wherein both are allowed ONLY to use their AA and the power thief will win every time.

The same is true on virtually every like for like weapon comparison. If only AA used power will win in the vast majority of fights if just AA used. There are only a handful of weapons that put out damaging conditions on the AA and these are generally singular conditions that can be removed with a single cleanse.

How is a thief or PLUG in class name here more skilled because he attacks with his AA with a power build then one that attacks with his condition build via the AA? The truth is you are speaking about one single build that can use AA to generate the number of conditions you claim and that is one using Boon Corrupt for a good deal of it.

It has little to do with condition builds in general. Power builds can SPAM aa just as easily and will usually generate more overall damage by doing so.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: HitmanHaydon.1053

HitmanHaydon.1053

It really is a bit of a joke at the moment,
You have tons of players coming back to check out the changes.
THEY WILL NOT STAY LONG TERM.
Despite what a few vocal people post on here, 90-95% of the players I speak to into hate the condi meta with a passion.

Its terrible low skill, fire and forget.
Even if you go for a build with as much condi clear as possible, its never anywhere near enough.

Anet please, PLEASE do something about this now.
You have a great opportunity to save this game mode, don’t waste it.

And to anyone saying ‘LTP’, you’re being very short sighted about the good of the game.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

SB changes are fine. All it means is people can no longer just sit in the AOE field and ignore SB damage as they used to do.

The direct damage, not condition damage was buffed. The condition damage ticks, the direct damage does damage on impact.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

babazhook.6805

The direct damage, not condition damage was buffed. The condition damage ticks, the direct damage does damage on impact.

The damage inflicted by the direct portion hits only once and is minimal damage. It still not as high as a cluster bomb. The condition damage that ticks only happens if you stay in the field. if you get out of the fied in one second you will take all of 2 poison stacks, The people dying to this are not dying to that buffed direct damage component. They are dying because they remain in the field and allow poison stacks to build and this allows the threshold to be made for the daze component.

I would point out that DAZE did in fact exist on the traps of DH but this happened as soon as the trap triggered meaning sigil of draining could also kick in as the trap damage struck. There is a delay on the daze component of the SB Choking gas component which allows plenty of time for the person to leave the srea before they start getting those dazes.

Straegen is defining the power of CG based upon a person parking himself in the field and remaining there and if they do that it should hurt.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Jana.6831

The damage inflicted by the direct portion hits only once and is minimal damage. It still not as high as a cluster bomb. The condition damage that ticks only happens if you stay in the field. if you get out of the fied in one second you will take all of 2 poison stacks,

Just saying that you can still stay in the field as you wish as nothing changed. Only if you stay in it when you’re hit you’re getting 200% more damage than before.

It’s up from ~350 to ~1k for me, btw. (valk/zerker (no, not marauder), so every hit is a crit)

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Jana.6831

I don’t care about your further explanations: The buff didn’t buff the condi portion of choking gas, it buffed the direct damage portion which you condi players always forget about.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

babazhook.6805

I don’t care about your further explanations: The buff didn’t buff the condi portion of choking gas, it buffed the direct damage portion which you condi players always forget about.

The buff that made CG work is the daze component that is added. No thief will use this for direct damage as cluster bomb is a better choice.

Direct damage of CG is 220(.6) which is significantly less than Cluster bomb 532(1.45).
The direct damage portion of the CG is not any better then the AA. If all that was done was an add to the damage of the initial impact Thieves would not suddenly be rushing to use it because if they want more direct damage they get it from cluster bomb.

The real damage is coming from people staying in the field and being DAZED wherein torment stacks added (if traited) and PI can kick in (if traited) and on interrupt sigils can kick in along with poison piling on. If you really think the buff to direct damage is what makes this thing tick you really do not have any idea of what you are talking about.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Jana.6831

The buff that made CG work is the daze component that is added. No thief will use this for direct damage as cluster bomb is a better choice.

Direct damage of CG is 220(.6) which is significantly less than Cluster bomb 532(1.45).
The direct damage portion of the CG is not any better then the AA. If all that was done was an add to the damage of the initial impact Thieves would not suddenly be rushing to use it because if they want more direct damage they get it from cluster bomb.

The real damage is coming from people staying in the field and being DAZED wherein torment stacks added (if traited) and PI can kick in (if traited) and on interrupt sigils can kick in along with poison piling on. If you really think the buff to direct damage is what makes this thing tick you really do not have any idea of what you are talking about.

Have you ever played SB in a zerg/blob?
You might be able to use clusterbomb in a zerg – forget it in a blob unless you’re cleaning out some downed.
The groups I hit usually cleanse the poison right away, there’s no time for them to stack, unless, of course, more people spam poison.

But yeah, whatever.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

babazhook.6805

The damage inflicted by the direct portion hits only once and is minimal damage. It still not as high as a cluster bomb. The condition damage that ticks only happens if you stay in the field. if you get out of the fied in one second you will take all of 2 poison stacks,

Just saying that you can still stay in the field as you wish as nothing changed. Only if you stay in it when you’re hit you’re getting 200% more damage than before.

It’s up from ~350 to ~1k for me, btw. (valk/zerker (no, not marauder), so every hit is a crit)

The Initial strike only happens ONCE. That is not what makes this skill better as Cluster bomb does more damag on its strike. The skill was buffed in two ways. The initial strike damage was increased but that not the main part of the change. At 5 stacks poison the player can be interrupted and dazed once every second. This did not exist before. This means if you stay in the field for 3 seconds you then risk being interupted every second after that. That means PI and Pressure strike can kick in and this is exactly what SB users are using it for.

Alternatively , if you already have 5 stacks of poison on the enemy before you fire your first choking gas, those interrupts will fire right from the beginning every second as long as that player stays in the CG field.

This means it can work very well for both condition and power builds traited to take advantage of interrupts (pressure strike and PI)

Again you stated “you can remain in the field because nothing was changed”. I have seen people stand in the field and take 4 PI’s in a row along with 12 extra torment stacks. That was not something that always occurred. It part of the buff.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Jana.6831

I already wrote it – but yes, it was a misunderstanding on my part.
The wonky targeting of GW2 makes SB1 pretty useless unless you like to spam ‘target change’ and might yet hit everything else than you want.
SB2 is too slow – the enemies are long gone before the projectile hits the ground. ETA: And clusterbomb is too unpredictably and hit’s mostly my own party and not the enemies.
SB3 would be nice if my thief would always jump towards me like they used to do.
SB4 is really nice, it’s fast, destroys some healing with a chance and the buff is appreciated by me.
SB5 works pretty good – no complaints from me.

Thing is: in theory SB can do this and that – in reality it can’t. You don’t know what red circle you’re just stepping in when in a blob/zergfight and either you’re one of the squishies who’s trained to dodge out of every red circle, or it will be cleansed off immediately because you’re the melee train.
So: In reality none of the SB changes other than the 200% direct damage buff on CG did anything.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

babazhook.6805

I already wrote it – but yes, it was a misunderstanding on my part.
The wonky targeting of GW2 makes SB1 pretty useless unless you like to spam ‘target change’ and might yet hit everything else than you want.
SB2 is too slow – the enemies are long gone before the projectile hits the ground. ETA: And clusterbomb is too unpredictably and hit’s mostly my own party and not the enemies.
SB3 would be nice if my thief would always jump towards me like they used to do.
SB4 is really nice, it’s fast, destroys some healing with a chance and the buff is appreciated by me.
SB5 works pretty good – no complaints from me.

Thing is: in theory SB can do this and that – in reality it can’t. You don’t know what red circle you’re just stepping in when in a blob/zergfight and either you’re one of the squishies who’s trained to dodge out of every red circle, or it will be cleansed off immediately because you’re the melee train.
So: In reality none of the SB changes other than the 200% direct damage buff on CG did anything.

Well ok then. My objection was to the claim made by another that SB is OP. it is not and I remain of the opinion that once people get used to the fact they can not stand in that field and just ignore it , there will be less such claims made.

The weapon IS much better with that change when it comes to point denial. Time was if I was SB and shooting at a guy manning a cannon he could just shrug of the attacks and fire away. That daze goes a long ways to forcing him off it. So i do not agree it that doubling of damage off the initial stike that makes it more effective.

As a hybrid I can get 2k off each PI , along with 2k+ ticks torment and 3K plus poison ticks IF the guy stys in the field. This more then the buff to the Intitial strike adds given the fact that the daze is interrupting a skill and putting it on cooldown along with that damage.

Obviously, the effectiveness of this drops if he moves out of the field but area denial is something we were never good at outside caltrops.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Sylvyn.4750

Sylvyn.4750

Holy Condis Batman? Coincidentally, the actor who played the first Batman on TV, Adam West, passed away yesterday of leukemia, which, like condis, is a form of cancer…rest in peace, Mr. West, you’ve answered the last Bat-Signal high in the sky…

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

You are premising the damage done by Choking gas upon remaining in the field for 4 seconds and standing in multiple fields.

With Viper, the total tick after a steal, Basil and choking gas is upward of 10k. The poison is more than 8 stacks after a steal/CG/dodge by a good bit along with Confusion, Weakness, Bleeding, Immobilize, Torment and Cripple. The total dump is well over 20 stacks.

Good players can handle one maybe two load ups but few survive the third (25s per dump). Average and below players might as well not even be in the fight.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

babazhook.6805

With Viper, the total tick after a steal, Basil and choking gas is upward of 10k. The poison is more than 8 stacks after a steal/CG/dodge by a good bit along with Confusion, Weakness, Bleeding, Immobilize, Torment and Cripple. The total dump is well over 20 stacks.

Good players can handle one maybe two load ups but few survive the third (25s per dump). Average and below players might as well not even be in the fight.

You are talking muliple skills and a person standing in the CG field for its entirety. I can do more damage with Unload wherein I have gotten 10k+ on a singl use. I can get 10k+ heartseekers and backstabs. I have inflicted close to 10k damage on steal with a combo of MuG , Soh PI and Sigil of draining kicking in.

I was referencing the claim you made that the SB change was OP. You try and justify that claim by adding in things not related to SB. I can get those “dumps” you refer to without using SB at all.

Holy Condis Batman!

in WvW

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

thanks for the discussion guys. i think i’ll just wait until the next balance patch, and for the queues to settle.