Home Borderland respawns are not safe

in WvW

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

How badly is WvW out of balance?

I attach a screenshot of Sorrow’s Furnace forces standing inside Devonas Rest Citadel in Devonas Rest Borderland, waving and laughing. This was taken about 10 minutes ago. Yes we wiped them. Without any help from the “Legendary Defenders” I might add
Arena Net, if it is your goal to destroy WvW, you’re on the right track.

Attachments:

Mesmerising Girl

in WvW

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

How can people using something such as a hack or a glitch be considered “out of balance”?
It is clearly not intended.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

in WvW

Posted by: Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

Bloodwort MacFangho.4638

That is ace! GG CoSA!
@OP .. lighten up.. hats off to the guys that pulled that one off! This happens once in a blue moon and shows the sheer bloody-mindedness of the WvWer! Give them their dues for pulling it off!

Blood
(I have to know! In WvW, do Legendary NPCs drop Legendary loot?)

in WvW

Posted by: Reaper.1748

Reaper.1748

Oh we just wanted to leave you guys a present, the two omega siege golems on your crafting station they needed a little repair, they got dinged after we took your towers.

I mean we can’t kill you up there, nor do we care to, we just wanted to give peace offerings. Our guild in no manner uses nor condones the use of these to abuse the game, and shift power into our hand. I mean we’re bored, Devona’s Rest, and Kaining seem to be off in EoTM, and those left aren’t eager to fight. Besides we’ve got six weeks of frustration from being night capped into submission from DH, and ET.

By the way, that way into Citadel, thats been there from the beginning no one has fixed it at all, quite sad. But we made friends with the people that came into our citadel to say hi.

I mean clearly its the first time you were able to wipe us with the assistance of the invul you get in your spawn I might add. Just sayin you know, it was intentional suicide.

[Syn] Syndictive I [PYRO] Pyromancers I Sea of Sorrows

in WvW

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

That CoSA guild likes camping near DR spawns in huge numbers for a long period of time both in DRBL or EB. Same with some AR guilds they even build siege just outside the range of the defenders and laugh around. From my experience, ET players do it less often and don’t stay long. Some DR players on some days just give up and go to eotm which is more fun for them.
Dude only a few ppl like lightening up while losing and getting ‘insulted’ like that after being kicked around for a long time. Throwing Omegas around, camping around spawns is just plain arrogance. One person from another SF guild(Dawn) party me apologizing for that behavior which he thinks didn’t feel right well thanks for that mate.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in WvW

Ithilwen.1529

I actually spoke to one of those CoSA members, nice guy. Still, at that moment most of DR map was green as was sfbl and EB. The matchups are consistently uneven. It seems to have a lot to do with time zones.

Not eager to fight? Do you enjoy going 5 or 6 v 20+?

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in WvW

alvinjason.3109

Exactly. No one enjoys both losing and being outnumbered 1:6 or 1:7 then camp at your spawn for a longtime. So players just go to eotm where the numbers are even.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

That is ace! GG CoSA!
@OP .. lighten up.. hats off to the guys that pulled that one off! This happens once in a blue moon and shows the sheer bloody-mindedness of the WvWer! Give them their dues for pulling it off!

It’s not that hard but neither is blinking through enemy tower doors with a port ready for everyone else, I don’t see the difference between the two tbh.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: Yaro.3251

Yaro.3251

What do you mean “not safe”? See that blue icon in boons section on your screenshot? It is called “Determined”. Look it up.

It helps a bit with wiping anything, “I might add”.

Team Aggression [TA] – Golden Horde [GH]

in WvW

Ithilwen.1529

I’d love to know how to blink through a tower door. I bet that’s a myth. My point is: when the match is so uneven, that a blob of enemy has time to sneak into your home spawn, it’s a sign that the game isn’t well set up.

Mesmerising Girl

in WvW

Posted by: Eir Jordan.2156

Eir Jordan.2156

People making it into your spawn has nothing to do with overall WvW balance. You have no idea what you are talking about if you think this is even remotely related.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I’d love to know how to blink through a tower door. I bet that’s a myth. My point is: when the match is so uneven, that a blob of enemy has time to sneak into your home spawn, it’s a sign that the game isn’t well set up.

blink trick that ele’s and thieves can do too… Is when SM is fortified and you are about to lose it, go to the north east stair case and aim your blink or what ever at the bottom of the stairs (inner stairs that is) it will blink you inside the wall thus avoiding being found during sweeps, to get out is another trick and to get in for SM only works on fortified for some reason…

Edit: deleted tower trick, left SM one, don’t want things getting too crazy. But you get the idea…

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

(edited by sephiroth.4217)

in WvW

alvinjason.3109

People making it into your spawn has nothing to do with overall WvW balance. You have no idea what you are talking about if you think this is even remotely related.

she’s Not talking about wvw balance by uneven she means being outnumbered by alot. might wanna transfer to DR or Kaineng to see that for yourself.

in WvW

Posted by: Natronix.9827

Natronix.9827

O em Gee

Wvw is dying, anet hates us. We’re not safe not even in spawn!

So what if we have the invulnerable buff, those guys look scary

Commander Nachonix

in WvW

Posted by: Ynot.8397

Ynot.8397

You killed them without the legendary defenders whilst under a buff that makes you invuln. Not much to brag about :p

Ferguson’s Crossing→ SoS→ DR→ EBay

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

That is ace! GG CoSA!

It’s not that hard but neither is blinking through enemy tower doors with a port ready for everyone else, I don’t see the difference between the two tbh.

I would not compare jumping up a hill, dodging through 1-shot legendary defenders, and /waving to glitching into a tower and porting a zerg in….

Surely you can understand the difference???

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Ithilwen.1529

My point is that the enemy had us outnumbered by so much, they had time to goof off like that and still own the entire map.

As to the Legendary Defenders.. the point was, they utterly failed to work.

Mesmerising Girl

in WvW

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

My point is that the enemy had us outnumbered by so much, they had time to goof off like that and still own the entire map.

As to the Legendary Defenders.. the point was, they utterly failed to work.

I am tired of the outmanned argument. Its stale, it was stale when I was on SF and it was used by us and against us, and it is stale now.

All servers are populated, sure some more than others….If you are getting rolled in WvW due to population you have 3 choices:

1. Go to EoTM
2. Get your people out of EoTM, PVE, LA, Scarlett, Dungeons, etc (Matchups play the most part in population disparities)
3. Transfer

There will always be population imbalances, and it will always suck just the same amount. Going on 2 years now and nothing is changing, it’s best to take matters into your own hands friend.

Not trying to sound crude, its just one of those things people always complain about and it will never change. Stop wasting away in a dead server on a dead game mode, take control of your “fun”.

Mag Server Leader

in WvW

Ithilwen.1529

Part of the reason I go to WvW is to fight for my server. Hence, I’m not likely to transfer. Eotm.. well I went this morning and found it confusing.

It does seem clear to me that Arena Net is pandering to mediocre players who enjoy running around in unbeatable masses.

Perhaps EB should be renamed “Queensdale”.

Mesmerising Girl

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

Not sure if I should laugh or cry.
Was it a close fight?

in WvW

Ithilwen.1529

Letoll, kindly read the thread before being snarky.

Mesmerising Girl

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I just want to point out that i was on my home BL as I always am on reset night, and for a good chunk of time WE had the outmanned buff on our BL. There was a group of about 20-25 DR that was able to roll through and do some serious damage to our BL on reset night and we still held our own. In fact, I was kinda disappointed more didn’t stay around to fight for and hold those keeps they took. Once they left it got real boring. Seriously, when you had your groups out there its been fun. Same for mid day on Saturday in SF BL. I honestly can’t speak to what Kain has been up to this week so far, but i hear they are hurting numbers wise too, but seriously, even when we were getting rolled we still tried. I remember when HoD was burying us and we pushed hard against them. did we win? Nope. Did some of them spawn camp us? Sure. But we fought. Come on. Come to our BL again. Please. i want some of those fights. Screw EoTM.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Letoll, kindly read the thread before being snarky.

Did you?
There’s this buff you have in your spawn area…..

Attachments:

in WvW

Ithilwen.1529

The roll through was an attempt to distract the SF zergs if we are thinking of the same night. The group left because they assumed the blobs would arrive shortly and wipe them.

I was the one trolling your BL, yackslapping and killing Sentries. The SF zergs were so large that was the most I could accomplish. Capping camps is hard as a single and takes too long. The enemy sees the swords and descends.

I’m all for good fights. Let’s have some more of those.

Mesmerising Girl

in WvW

Ithilwen.1529

Letoll, it wasn’t about a buff. The point was that these people owned the vast majority of the map and still had time to pull stunts and laugh. Try to focus on the point.

Mesmerising Girl

in WvW

LetoII.3782

Letoll, it wasn’t about a buff. The point was that these people owned the vast majority of the map and still had time to pull stunts and laugh. Try to focus on the point.

Attachments:

in WvW

Ithilwen.1529

Letoll,

1. It’s neither clever nor funny.
2. If you don’t have a reasoned idea, maybe you’d do better to say nothing.

Mesmerising Girl

in WvW

LetoII.3782

If you don’t have a reasoned idea

OP
As you’ve not created a valid subject for discussion, there is in fact no response of value to be given.
0*x=0

(edited by LetoII.3782)

in WvW

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

Oh i know what it what, believe me. We had some float teams, and later a night crew come by to aid in the retaking of things. just wanted to point out that we had been outmanned that night for a bit while you all were in there. We were fairly confidant that our float teams and other defensive groups would be able to get back those objectives that night so we weren’t putting the call out to recall any of our other guilds out there. We knew that we would see a DR force in our BL once i saw/heard that your keeps were dropping to us. In either case, i look forward to those fights this week. I’m going to try to solo roam some to find those fights.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in WvW

Posted by: Handin.4032

Handin.4032

I still don’t really understand the problem…what would you rather them do? If they owned all of your map, then they either could have map hopped and taken another map..or sat around waiting for you to get numbers..or just have some fun? Seems like they took the latter option and just decided to have some fun.

You stated you don’t like how they owned most of the map and still had time to pull off this joke. In the end, its a game, and not a job…if they had most of the map, why couldn’t they just joke around and have fun? What else should they do? It’s not their fault your server has a lot less people. TC has randomly done quaggan and dolyak RP walks around the borderlands if we get bored (whether we’re the ones getting stomped, or the ones doing the stomping).

I admire your server dedication, I really do (as someone who has stuck with TC from the beginning myself). However, if every day you just get stressed or frustrated and don’t have fun, well..why stay? You might find a much better and more fun environment, and no one will think any less of you. I’m not saying map hop every 3 weeks, but if your server isn’t fun anymore, find one that is

TC Golden Dolyak – [DOLY]
Mesmer – FURY
Rank 55 – Bunker Engi, Top 300

in WvW

Posted by: Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Omaris Mortuus Est.2738

Yes we wiped them. Without any help from the “Legendary Defenders” I might add

LMAO, you must feel proud of yourself, killing so many who didnt attack you, yet you most likely spammed every skill you have whilst being completely immune to any attacks they may have tried to counter with thanks to your Determined buff.

I have jumped into an enemy citadel many times, it’s no hack, you can literally just jump in. And all the enemy can do in there is kill the merchants which respawn pretty quickly, nothing else; unless you like to hide your army of omega golems in your citadel, there is pretty much nothing else they can do; unless you are stupid enough to be lured out so you lose your Determined buff.

So basically a trained monkey could have killed them due to you being Determined.

Macros, you can use them as long as they arent macros.
Remember to buy the officially endorsed GW2 Steel Series Keyboard, it supports macros!
WvW, we only care if it affects the servers we play on.

in WvW

Posted by: Symir.3896

Symir.3896

Next time, just remove all your armor and /dance with your new friends.

in WvW

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

oh no, they kill merchants, the horror!

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord.9074

Warlord.9074

How badly is WvW out of balance?

I attach a screenshot of Sorrow’s Furnace forces standing inside Devonas Rest Citadel in Devonas Rest Borderland, waving and laughing. This was taken about 10 minutes ago. Yes we wiped them. Without any help from the “Legendary Defenders” I might add
Arena Net, if it is your goal to destroy WvW, you’re on the right track.

Determined buff on your bar maybe?

“Just press 2 to win all the dps was us cuz we’re a
warrior and we’re the best class” Eugene

in WvW

Posted by: katanah.8431

katanah.8431

They /wave and died doing it they were obviously out having fun.. lighten up, have fun yourself /cheer for the dead bodies! that does look fun btw

in WvW

Posted by: silverfire.2547

silverfire.2547

PSA: Using the enemy spawn’s LA portal does not in fact take you to their LA.

I was actually surprised that something behaved properly.

Next try is going to have to be their EB gate :X

Mira Alluvion (Me) | Hanna Bulwark (W) | Sophie Dusthaven (Th)
[CoSA]/[WWGD] // Sorrow’s Furnace (since August 2012) US West Evening Shift

in WvW

Posted by: Silent Shino.7239

Silent Shino.7239

btw, if you really want to have fun, build siege in their spawn areas
edit: the above is a joke, don’t actually do it^^

Attachments:

Shino: Guardian of the Glade
Aurora Glade EU [JUST] roamer
All is vain: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboard/first

(edited by Silent Shino.7239)

in WvW

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Listen folks, the OP is serious about this so let;s stay on topic. Stop saying just have “fun” in this “game”!! If Arena Net wanted us to have “FUN” in this “GAME” then they would have made a skill called “FUN” and put it on the skill bar!!

LOL, seriously though, thanks to the downtime in WvW due to hacking into their Citadel, I was finally able to finish some dungeon runs and make Juggernaut!!! Does this make me invulnerable to QQ tears?

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in WvW

Posted by: katanah.8431

katanah.8431

btw, if you really want to have fun, build siege in their spawn areas

No, no building or taking anything away.. thats not fun. Only thing that would have made that look more fun was if they did it naked or dropped a guild keg down.

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

It blows my mind that people STILL think you have to hack/glitch to get into citadel. You literally jump up the side of a hill. That’s it, that’s all.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

You can’t jump up hills. If you can jump up it then it is not a hill, it is a warp in the space/time continuum. Anet does not make hills that can be jumped.

in WvW

Posted by: Palom.2095

Palom.2095

You can literally jump into enemy citadels s: you wont be able to do much… just kill merchants that respawn in a few minutes. Unless you’re in wvw for crafting… then sucks to be you. God forbid you could have a buff that made you immune to everythi— oh wait, you do!

“My point is that the enemy had us outnumbered by so much, they had time to goof off like that and still own the entire map.”

So… we’re not allowed to have fun? ;_;

Mexiodus- Necro | Mexicott – Mesmer | Mexibuff – Guardian

in WvW

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

“My point is that the enemy had us outnumbered by so much, they had time to goof off like that and still own the entire map.”

Not while you own the map! When you own the map you have to sign the “Do Not Enter Citadel or Else I QQ All About It” agreement. You must be a noob bronze or silver rank….

in WvW

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

You can literally jump into enemy citadels s: you wont be able to do much… just kill merchants that respawn in a few minutes. Unless you’re in wvw for crafting… then sucks to be you. God forbid you could have a buff that made you immune to everythi— oh wait, you do!

I’ve seen this stuff happen before. Honestly I think there is a rather easy solution to this. Put a few more legendary defenders around the area and all will be good. Except for the people who foolishly enter the area.

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Players used to kill NPCs in these areas which was really annoying but I haven’t seen that problem in months.

The original premise of the home waypoints not being safe is false. Can we kill this thread now?

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

I’m going to go out on a limb and say this post is not going to help your servers recruit people, well thats not true, maybe the people who like to whine about nothing.

(edited by Nuzt.7894)

in WvW

Ithilwen.1529

The vast majority of you missed the point. What happened illustrated that the numbers were very far out of balance. That was my point, though, yes, I expressed it clumsily.

Mesmerising Girl

in WvW

Ithilwen.1529

meah culpa mea maxima effing culpa

Mesmerising Girl

in WvW

Posted by: KittyRiv.5291

KittyRiv.5291

You can still kill the golems that they might have in there and scout where
groups are leaving. Its not like this is a complete non issue.