Horrible patches all the time

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Why do you add gliding in a map that isn’t even made for it? Adding tons of different possible exploits aviable. Colliding with invisible walls isn’t what you should experience in a top MMO game. If you’re going to introduce gliding you should make an entire new borderland for it with gliding in mind.

The timegated ticket system is just bad game design, making it not worthwhile to play after you receive the last diamond chest. The amount of tickets you get is still to low compared to pve. The mistforged version of the WvW armor should be the legendary version, it should not equal to the previous set.

Gliding should not be locked into zones, this look’s rather silly. Nothing but the GW2 system makes you lose your glider.

Everything seems rushed, no polish on anything. Like some bad thrid party addon.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

(edited by Timelord.8190)

in WvW

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

This is a test for gliding – it isn’t permanently implemented yet. If it turns out to be a disaster or just didn’t work well for the current borderlands, they said they would remove it.

in WvW

Posted by: Timelord.8190

Timelord.8190

Shouldn’t have to test it to know it’s awful.

Far ShiverPeaks (EU)

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

Actually, they seem to have gotten gliding right. Now, there are a couple of points that are trouble, and they likely will be fixed soon.

Not saying that gliding SHOULD be in WvW or not, as that is something that will likely need a few days/ a week or two to truly see its effect, but the actual addition seems to have been fairly well integrated.

Tickets have been buffed, and I agree with the time gate. If you attain the new max of 365 within the week and choose to do something else, then so be it. I personally attain the max mid week, and still play as I enjoy WvW.

Also, the second part of the ticket buff is that you get them with each chest, so partial tier accomplishment gives tickets.

Truly, two positive changes, and one’dont know yet’ change.

in WvW

Posted by: Algonda Friedenbaum.2930

Algonda Friedenbaum.2930

The zones make the maps look U*G*L*E*E. If you want to inhibit gliding in zones not ‘owned’ by your map, then a warning message similar to PvE areas is sufficient (for those ignoring them, well …. crashing is always an option). At least there’s no ‘death from above’ in the form of enemy players dropping in on you.

in WvW

Posted by: Odokuro.5049

Odokuro.5049

Ohh? And how would you change things, in your, professional developer’s opinion?

The Self-Proclaimed Pervy Sage of Yaks Bend.
https://www.twitch.tv/amazinphelix

in WvW

Posted by: Strider Pj.2193

Strider Pj.2193

The zones make the maps look U*G*L*E*E. If you want to inhibit gliding in zones not ‘owned’ by your map, then a warning message similar to PvE areas is sufficient (for those ignoring them, well …. crashing is always an option). At least there’s no ‘death from above’ in the form of enemy players dropping in on you.

It’s a map. I don’t get where people are complaining about the ‘look’ of the mini map when it just provides information. And quite frankly, the territory lines make it faster and more concise to see who owns what.

(edited by Strider Pj.2193)

in WvW

Posted by: grifflyman.8102

grifflyman.8102

I get that people are passionate about WvW, I am too, but the attitude to attack everything the developers do in WvW has resulted in them being very cautious about what they add to WvW.

We will likely never get another WvW map after the massive amount of hate the the new BL map received.

Gliding to WvW was a safe change and a safe thing to test. It’s very limited in tactics currently and it helps traverse the maps, win win in my opinion.

Instead of adapting we seem to constantly complain and I think it’s resulted in a slower content release for WvW.

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

I’m a happy glider in DBL, the map that seems to be made for gliding. it’s very restricted and perhaps a few spots could use some polishing so people cant glide into other stuff.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Bigpapasmurf.5623

Bigpapasmurf.5623

Shouldn’t have to test it to know it’s awful.

Actually, you do.

Think of it as what Microsoft does…instead of hiring hackers and code breakers to find exploits and vulnerabilities, Anet released the update for the public to casually enjoy until someone finds one of these exploits.

Its actually what a LOT of companies do, not just ANet.

If you need a list of some other companies, or verification that this practice is true, google is your friend. You can learn lots when you research

- Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/MC_Celestia
- I am currently a main thief roamer for SF in WvW. LOVE ME!
- {SOAP} Solo/Havoc roamer, lover of good fights