"Hot in a Nutshell" wvw edition

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Basically what i hope doesnt happen with expac 2 and what needs to change in the current game to make it more fun for the players

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/139760608

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Gotta say I find it funny to see someone playing Mace+Shield/GS stance warrior complaining about Thief Evade/blocks

in WvW

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

^ I know right. I pretty much go on auto pilot when I’m on mace sheild warrior.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in WvW

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Its not fun gameplay when the game plays for you :/

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

If people weren’t so “tanky/carried” solo and balanced out, how do you think people will managed in grp fights where the game is more balanced around. 1v1’s are a joke and always will be, it’s just “fun” to duel people.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

Yeah I know what you mean. Scrappers tempest are the main culprits in mediem sized fights. But even before hot there was still builds that sustained a lot.

in WvW

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

Gotta say I find it funny to see someone playing Mace+Shield/GS stance warrior complaining about Thief Evade/blocks

If you watched the whole video he states his build is also lame (apparently not allowed to use the actual word he used) and that he sits on passives and just heals up, that every time he gets CC’d he gets healed and a load of toughness, etc.

Which is basically why it sums HoT up, two lame builds, that are low skilled (even by the relatively low standards of GW2), that produce tedious, brainless, boring combat.

in WvW

Posted by: XxsdgxX.8109

XxsdgxX.8109

Thief players – “Thieves have no sustain!”

lul

Stella Truth Seeker

in WvW

Fat Disgrace.4275

Thief players – “Thieves have no sustain!”

lul

Yeah thives can have a lot of dodges. Weakness alone shuts down the endurance though (which is all of the thives sustain right?) , it dosnt however do anything to passive dmg midigatuon or protection.

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

These two classes really do exemplify how broken the game and HoT is, no matter whether they bring condi, power or bunker build they are mechanically broken.

I’d probably lump the guardian in with that but DH does very little for condi but it is close to being as silly as these two.

Why does heal tempest, condi chrono, wanderer druid, marauder scrapper, condi necro and Revenant get a little less criticism from me? You put them in different armour or a different build and they aren’t incredibly frustrating to fight.

in WvW

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Elites are better because HoT was designed to provide a stronger challenge to the game, and the devs wanted to shift from the zerker meta that was “unhealthy for the game” (dev paraphrased quote btw). Instead of constantly complaining about HoT elites, you should be fighting to have the devs improve core specs and core weapons and core traits and core slot skills… and to add quality playable roles that players have the option to build for within each profession instead.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

I had to laugh when I saw a player with a name “boring wars” today. Video sums up hot, the builds are given sustain, evades, invulns, healing, etc. etc. etc.

Not a very healthy competitive game mode anymore. Majority if not all HoT classes are just tedious and boring to fight.

Why can’t we just separate pve and wvw builds, skills, availability to runes/sigils and just GET A DEV TO HELP US.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Elites are better because HoT was designed to provide a stronger challenge to the game, and the devs wanted to shift from the zerker meta that was “unhealthy for the game” (dev paraphrased quote btw). Instead of constantly complaining about HoT elites, you should be fighting to have the devs improve core specs and core weapons and core traits and core slot skills… and to add quality playable roles that players have the option to build for within each profession instead.

Because this game doesn’t need more powercreep, and it could benefit a lot from reducing the power creep that HoT brought

in WvW

Swagger.1459

Because this game doesn’t need more powercreep, and it could benefit a lot from reducing the power creep that HoT brought

You’re not really paying attention to the entire game are you?

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

If you watched the whole video he states his build is also lame (apparently not allowed to use the actual word he used) and that he sits on passives and just heals up, that every time he gets CC’d he gets healed and a load of toughness, etc.

Which is basically why it sums HoT up, two lame builds, that are low skilled (even by the relatively low standards of GW2), that produce tedious, brainless, boring combat.

Well my bad, but I guess the OP can’t blame me for not watching the whole thing if it’s being bad is the point

in WvW

OriOri.8724

I am, but so many people don’t. They see harder PvE content and just assume that this means we need to embrace and expect powercreep. That is not true. HoT maps, especially now after the nerf last April or whenever it was, are doable on core specs. Is it more difficult than on an elite spec? Sure, I’ll give you that. But they are still doable on core specs. Which means that elite specs could still be tuned down, in some cases by quite a bit, and still be absolutely fine for content throughout the game.

in WvW

Swagger.1459

I am, but so many people don’t. They see harder PvE content and just assume that this means we need to embrace and expect powercreep. That is not true. HoT maps, especially now after the nerf last April or whenever it was, are doable on core specs. Is it more difficult than on an elite spec? Sure, I’ll give you that. But they are still doable on core specs. Which means that elite specs could still be tuned down, in some cases by quite a bit, and still be absolutely fine for content throughout the game.

The devs are not going to gut elite specs just for players still stuck in the zerker meta, and who thought the launched profession designs were quality…

Aside from a few “red flag” design issues plaguing the game since launch, it’s time for players to adapt and start championing core profession improvements even stronger.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in WvW

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

The devs are not going to gut elite specs just for players still stuck in the zerker meta, and who thought the launched profession designs were quality…

Aside from a few “red flag” design issues plaguing the game since launch, it’s time for players to adapt and start championing core profession improvements even stronger.

Who said anything about it remaining the zerk meta? I mean you look at what is current flavour of the month raid build and it’s core condi ranger with core engineer being more complex but more damage.

What I assume OriOri means is to look at elite specs and say “How much of this can I rip out and tone down and it will still be better than most core lines in most cases”. The answer is actually a lot. You could change primal bursts to T2 burst skills outside of PvE and it would still be picked 100% of the time. You could slap a 30s CD on headbutt, people will still use it over everything else. Instead of Arc Divider covering 3 football fields and destroying anything that isn’t a nuclear fallout bunker you could reduce it to 240 range. Instead of Skull Grinder doing all it does it could lose the daze, deal half power damage and it would still be picked for a condi build no questions asked.

That’s just warrior, you could make very deep cutting changes to other elite specs which would make the game much less painful to watch and play while keeping elite specs better than core lines.

in WvW

Posted by: Adamarc.7463

Adamarc.7463

There was never any zerker meta for WvW……..
Stat combinations like soldiers, knights, valkyrie, celestial, dire, rabid and clerics saw regular use in WvW up until HoT when they became numerically inferior to the 4-stat HoT combinations (except celestial).

The Raging Storm

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Well that video will give me nightmares. Steroid Warrior Vs Hyperactive Thief. Not something to watch before bed.

Gandara

in WvW

OriOri.8724

Who said anything about it remaining the zerk meta? I mean you look at what is current flavour of the month raid build and it’s core condi ranger with core engineer being more complex but more damage.

What I assume OriOri means is to look at elite specs and say “How much of this can I rip out and tone down and it will still be better than most core lines in most cases”. The answer is actually a lot. You could change primal bursts to T2 burst skills outside of PvE and it would still be picked 100% of the time. You could slap a 30s CD on headbutt, people will still use it over everything else. Instead of Arc Divider covering 3 football fields and destroying anything that isn’t a nuclear fallout bunker you could reduce it to 240 range. Instead of Skull Grinder doing all it does it could lose the daze, deal half power damage and it would still be picked for a condi build no questions asked.

That’s just warrior, you could make very deep cutting changes to other elite specs which would make the game much less painful to watch and play while keeping elite specs better than core lines.

Exactly. Even with huge nerfs to a bunch of skills, some elite specs would still be way better than core specs.

There is no reason to continue power creep by buffing core specs to these ridiculous levels. Just start toning down elite specs. Hell they can remain better if they need to, but maybe 10% better instead of 75% better than core specs.

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302