How Are You Farming Dragonite?

in WvW

Posted by: Grandtomatoe.2045

Grandtomatoe.2045

Hello!

So I know this is the WvW section of the forums and my question is placed here becuase I spend 99% of my time playing WvW.

Everybody knows dragonite drops are scarce in WvW so I want to know what EASY venues people have been breaking off to do in order to farm dragonite.

Right now I have been farming The Scatterer once a day. That gets me a little bit but I was hoping to find out some more EASY venues.

I say easy becuase I dont want to sit around looking for groups to do temples or guest on a higher population server, etc.

I want to continue to do WvW the vast majority of the time and hit up any EASY venues once in a while to get some dragonite.

Thank You!

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

All the world bosses drop dragonite so head over to gw2stuff.com and hit the events for a few hours. Doing 5-6 events a day will easily hit the 500 necessary for the weapon in a week or less.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

(edited by Straegen.2938)

in WvW

Posted by: Merendel.7128

Merendel.7128

While temples are the best sorce at ~30 ore a pop any of the world bosses that have a lootable chest at the end for participants drops some. lower level ones are significantly less such as 3 or so for shadow behemoth or fire elemental but most of the mid level ones give high teens low twenties of dragonite. If you keep an eye on GW2 stuff you can eventualy learn how to gauge the progress of any of the active world boss events. I can frequently guestimate when an event will finish in 5-10 minutes and pop over to get the daily chest. I know you mentioned not wanting to guest to a higher pop server but it really is the easiest way to get the temples done. I know on my home server (SoS) that melandru Grenth dwena and lyssa are done multiple times a night by pugs makeing hiting those 4 when they are on the later stages a good source of 120 dragonite a day.

in WvW

Posted by: Chewy.9263

Chewy.9263

What you wanna do is get a bunch if people in eb, take sm, and camp the third floor with a kitten ton of superior arrow carts. This way you kill the lord every 10 or so minutes and, if the opposing server is stupid enough to take you out, you get a nice bag farm as well.

Cheers

Love

in WvW

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

Just do temples. Melandru and Dwayna are pretty simple and that’s 60 a day. If your server is decent size and skill they will also take down Lyssa and Grenth pretty regularly at least a couple times a day. If not, just guest to a place that does.

Dragons are also good, give a bit less, but don’t take long to kill.

Doing temples I had my first Ascended within a week. And two in two weeks. To get the same 1000 Dragonite sacking keeps, with the pathetic embarrassing 4 Dragonite per cap (typical Anet crapping on WvW players), it would take 250 Keeps, lol.

(edited by Pendragon.8735)

in WvW

Posted by: kazi.6438

kazi.6438

Go to GW2stuff.com, download the overlay, and then spend 2-3 days just going around hitting all the events you can instead of WvW. It’s pretty fast if you’re willing to take a break from WvW for farming

Inir [CAT]

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

GW2state.com is another site with good information on a wide variety of activities within GW2 … including the bosses and temples.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: met.9653

met.9653

Temples is best way, always 30 ore and its super easy. Dragons are waist of time.

in WvW

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Check gw2stuff.com and go Shatterer, Golem mark II and Fire Shaman… Note that you can loot the chest containing the dragonite multiple times with different characters during the same day (you get the addictional chest only once per event per day, tough).

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Temples is best way, always 30 ore and its super easy. Dragons are waist of time.

That seriously depends on the server. Temples can easily take 30 minutes to do compared to 10 minutes for a dragon. If you can hit a temple at the right time, certainly a better guaranteed payoff but that is harder than it sounds. Timing dragons is far easier and nearly as rewarding with an average of 20 dragonite.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”