How GvG Will Work.

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: Warrior.2631

Warrior.2631

How GvG/ Ranked 20v20 Deathmatch, will work without drawing population out of WvW.

(Details can be sorted and tweaked, just general ideas)

Option 1: Have a league system were guild register and can only play 1 game a day against the side they are matched up against in the current league fixture list.

Option 2: A free forming rank system where guilds are randomly placed, in a best of 5 rounds per day.

Option 3: A Challenge system where guild challenge each other on the leader board with 1 ranked game and 1 unranked per day.

Option 4: Every Night a guild is chosen from your server to be the champions of that server and face the other champions chosen by other servers to face of and win points/score for your wvw server.

A Few Ideas tell me what you think.

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: NeroGuilt.4720

NeroGuilt.4720

And why should GvG guilds be limited to such a small amount of games a day?

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Already said they weren’t supporting a 4th game mode – so best you can really ask for is a eotm style OS…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well wvw would be much better if gvg guilds would stay in OS.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: NeroGuilt.4720

NeroGuilt.4720

You are aware on a good night there is no way all GvG guilds in a tier can use OS right? The arena isn’t that big.

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: Bishop.6120

Bishop.6120

Good points. GvG seemed like an exciting idea when I first heard it. Since then I’ve seen the aftermath. I really think it has hurt WvW. Casual players are practically non-existent anymore. Having active guilds on the battlefield provides casuals direction and a means to learn the ropes. Most guilds who can fill a GvG will pull in every member. I play at off-times, where there are only a dozen people playing on my server for hours at a time. I just see a pattern of policies like this one, and the chat channels where you can’t even talk to your server mates, have driven players from WvW. I am sad.

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: Bantha.6453

Bantha.6453

I’ve always thought a nice way to include GVG would be to make a series of small borderlands maps for that specific purpose have one for 20v20, one for 15v15, one for 10v10 and one for 5v5. That way your including smaller roaming guilds in to the scene and winning the match would provide a bonus to the server in WvW. Examples 20v20 would give a bonus to your next PPT tick (often gvg guilds are seen as not contributing to ppt this could change that). Winning the 15v15 match would increase all upgrades to a certain percent. Winning the10v10 would add additional points to stomps and in winning 5v5 all seige and repair would cost less supply. But, lets not just limit ourselves to 20v20 (I personally hate 20’s, but like 15’s and 10’s)

(edited by Bantha.6453)

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: Zoke.2147

Zoke.2147

OP’s ideas… yeah no to all of it… Yes to gvg format, no to every thing you said. There isn’t even room to improve, keep the thing simple, let players set up stuff in custom arenas and be done with it.

as for the guy who thinks “Casual” players are non existent, the problem is they still are… think about this, in a game with something as kittened as Rallying your opponents, all the STILL existent casual players are WORSE than just being down a player. Every person not on tag, running a decent build, properly geared, doing their job, CAN ACTUALLY REVIVE THE ENEMY TEAM, such a random system is absolutely infuriating, if there was a gvg format all the tryhards “ruining it for you” could go play with people they choose to play with, against people who are like minded.

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: waSte.8640

waSte.8640

Name of game: Guild Wars 2

Amount of guild wars since launch: Zero

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

make os work like eotm. You can gvg vs any guild as long as you have the ip address.

Bad Elementalist

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: coglin.1867

coglin.1867

Perhaps it would be wise to educate yourself on such matters before making an irrelevant statement. As informed players will tell you, the “guild” refers to “The name of the game series comes from the Guild Wars, a series of conflicts between Tyrian guilds which led to decline of humanity and allowing the Charr to invade Ascalon, and other events of the first series of the games.”

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars

It has nothing what so ever to do with players and player guilds, so I am unclear as to why you are making PvE lore comments in the WvW subforums.

A video on what weak PvPer’s and WvWer’s want.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q3em9s5I4c

(edited by coglin.1867)

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: Manarain.7940

Manarain.7940

I know they said they’re not going to support a 4th game type. If they do implement a form of GvG, the easiest and most likely course of actions would be to tie it into Guild Halls and Guild Progression.

Let me explain: there has been some speculation that Guild Halls will have activities that guilds can unlock and run together (example: Guild Keg Brawl etc…). If they tie in a way for guilds to GvG within their activity system this would benefit them in more ways than you might have considered.
1. First and foremost, this is giving players in the community what they want
2. They’re tying it Back to guilds and making it Guild centric (promoting people to stay and play together)
3. It causes other guilds to visit and see your Guild Hall (The devs are putting a ton of time and resources into making these things, it would be great to have players actually visit them aside from “hey let’s get our nodes mined in your guild’s instance”)
4. GvG would be high end progression taking time to unlock, so when this activity is opened there is importance and value to it. (not just stumbling in on a GvG in OS).
5. It would bring players (who just wanted to GvG) back to the game.
6. This would lighten up Q’s for WvW and OS, of course it wouldn’t detract from the WvW experience because Guilds would have to A. unlock them and B. spend time and resources making a GvG Activity to pop.
7. (And this is the most beautiful one) Anet doesn’t HAVE TO support it because it would be classified as a “Guild Activity” the same way Guild Missions are and restricted to the Guild Hall.

It obviously won’t happen, but dreaming is nice I guess.

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: Kasteros.9847

Kasteros.9847

That are some nice idead except “1 match per day” should be unlimited like at spvp, BUT anet claimed that they are not gonna support GvG so all we have left if playing at borderlands( since OS is too small to hold up all gvg guilds form 3 servers at once) and bring ppters rage toward us and really idk why they h8 us, cos anet didn’t claim what is “proper way” of playing WvW

[One][SiOn][dF]
16.03.15 We remember! R.I.P. MT
Shocking interview with Anet WvW Dev

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Already said they weren’t supporting a 4th game mode – so best you can really ask for is a eotm style OS…..

Judging by the state of wvw and PvP I’d day they’re not interested in supporting more than one game mode…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

Judging by the state of wvw and PvP I’d day they’re not interested in supporting more than one game mode…

You may be right, but was referring to an anet reply to gvgs where they did not have resources to support a 4th game mode. If I had thought about it at the time, would have saved it to copy/paste for every one of these threads. I don’t agree or disagree with the response, it is what it is though…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: x Charlie.4820

x Charlie.4820

Yeah, 2 years and these threads still come up. Even after they’ve said no multiple times.

Theres not enough people interested to warrant the development time.

I don’t know why people even bother trying.

really idk why they h8 us, cos anet didn’t claim what is “proper way” of playing WvW

You take up loads of space for no reason?

I mean they didn’t really claim what the “Proper way” of playing conquest is either but i’m fairly sure if you queued ranked and then dueled offpoint in a corner your team would be angry.

I guess Anet just expect people to have common sence, bad move anet.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

(edited by x Charlie.4820)

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: Xenesis.6389

Xenesis.6389

Would be nice if they just put an arena in eotm like they did for OS, like I dunno that under level middle area that serves no purpose. Players would have no problem running their own league and rules, just need the place for all gvg guilds no matter the tier to meet up. That way gvg guilds wouldn’t feel the need to move to T1-3 either.

Another derailing post. ^^
North Keep: One of the village residents will now flee if their home is destroyed.
“Game over man, Game Over!” – RIP Bill

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Yeah, 2 years and these threads still come up. Even after they’ve said no multiple times.

Theres not enough people interested to warrant the development time.

I don’t know why people even bother trying.

really idk why they h8 us, cos anet didn’t claim what is “proper way” of playing WvW

You take up loads of space for no reason?

I mean they didn’t really claim what the “Proper way” of playing conquest is either but i’m fairly sure if you queued ranked and then dueled offpoint in a corner your team would be angry.

I guess Anet just expect people to have common sence, bad move anet.

Well for me the way of playing wvw is to stop enemy from moving and that is what gvg guilds do, they stop enemy guilds from capping For example by fighting at scrims place 1 guilds is able to hold up another form enemy server so they wouldn’t cap I think it is proper way of playing WvW. Ur example of conquest is a bit strange since conquest mean capture while World vs Worlds means basically players from 1 server vs players form other server

[One][SiOn][dF]

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

x Charlie.4820

Well for me the way of playing wvw is to stop enemy from moving and that is what gvg guilds do, they stop enemy guilds from capping For example by fighting at scrims place 1 guilds is able to hold up another form enemy server so they wouldn’t cap I think it is proper way of playing WvW.

Yes and some people think the “Proper way” to play conquest is to sit on a point all game defending it while your team fights 4v5. This would be an easy way to distinguish the really bad people on your team.

Whilst you do take that guild out of the matchup, you ALSO take your guild out of the matchup. So unless they’re beating you everytime, it’s a bad thing.

Ur example of conquest is a bit strange since conquest mean capture while World vs Worlds means basically players from 1 server vs players form other server

WvW is capturing, I’m sorry that nobody bothered to tell you that. I’m sure your guild was aware. The aim of world v world is to capture camps, towers and keeps. That’s how you win. I don’t even do it myself because i prefer to roam but to not acknowledge it’s the main objective is ignorant.

Your point about it being different is a little odd because whilst sPvP isn’t server v server it’s still team v team…

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: MasterD.4790

MasterD.4790

Well for me the way of playing wvw is to stop enemy from moving and that is what gvg guilds do, they stop enemy guilds from capping For example by fighting at scrims place 1 guilds is able to hold up another form enemy server so they wouldn’t cap I think it is proper way of playing WvW.

Yes and some people think the “Proper way” to play conquest is to sit on a point all game defending it while your team fights 4v5. This would be an easy way to distinguish the really bad people on your team.

Whilst you do take that guild out of the matchup, you ALSO take your guild out of the matchup. So unless they’re beating you everytime, it’s a bad thing.

Ur example of conquest is a bit strange since conquest mean capture while World vs Worlds means basically players from 1 server vs players form other server

WvW is capturing, I’m sorry that nobody bothered to tell you that. I’m sure your guild was aware. The aim of world v world is to capture camps, towers and keeps. That’s how you win. I don’t even do it myself because i prefer to roam but to not acknowledge it’s the main objective is ignorant.

Your point about it being different is a little odd because whilst sPvP isn’t server v server it’s still team v team…

This is true, but capturing points is the game is easy and boring, and playing it to the max to gain the most PPT you can means hitting where the enemy isn’t, so it’s a lot of battling doors, which is like watching grass grow. Sure that’s cool for the people who bought this game for jumping puzzles and rolling in the grass with faeries, but some of us play this game for competitive pvp and fights and unfortunately the powers that be in this game, created a stupid 5v5 conquest mode which is one for the lamest forms of pvp and then wondered why it didn’t go all esports on them, so guess what people started using the open pvp world of WvW as their outlet to play competitive deathmatch style pvp whether it be small scale, dueling or gvg’s. But heaven forbid competitive people ruin the casuals game mode and their gem buying.

Gamadorn the epitome of a hotjoin hero

(edited by MasterD.4790)

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Posted by: Assassin X.8573

Assassin X.8573

Technically by pure lore, the last official guild wars ended before the onset of the searing in gw1. They then became outlawed, shortly after.

Darkhaven Gold Tiger Assassin X [JPGN][Sold][VII]
Videos on Youtube

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

x Charlie.4820

This is true, but capturing points is the game is easy and boring, and playing it to the max to gain the most PPT you can means hitting where the enemy isn’t, so it’s a lot of battling doors, which is like watching grass grow. Sure that’s cool for the people who bought this game for jumping puzzles and rolling in the grass with faeries,

I agree and i rarely ever do it. I do enjoy defending but it’s just boring when the zerg decides their ram got taken down so it’s time to change map.

but some of us play this game for competitive pvp and fights and unfortunately the powers that be in this game, created a stupid 5v5 conquest mode which is one for the lamest forms of pvp and then wondered why it didn’t go all esports on them, so guess what people started using the open pvp world of WvW as their outlet to play competitive deathmatch style pvp whether it be small scale, dueling or gvg’s. But heaven forbid competitive people ruin the casuals game mode and their gem buying.

WvW will never be taken as serious as Conquest. Not really. The game has been balanced around 5v5 and spvp amulets. WvW is full of upscales, low level gear, broken foodbuffs, broken gaurdstacks, Broken runes and LOADS of broken traits which didn’t get balanced when they rebalanced them. WvW is the casual game mode, Don’t get me wrong i enjoy roaming but it’s pretty clear that WvW is very imbalanced.

AOE limit would need to be removed if 20v20 ever became a thing because it’s stupid to watch and low skillcap. Logically it just doesn’t make any sence, Guy standing in aoe but taking no damage. Remove the limit and then everyone will find it less fun and not want it in the first place.

You can enjoy WvW, sure. You have to accept that it’s not a serious game mode and we’re not getting one though.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

Yes that is how u win with points, but anet didn’t give us any info if playing ptt only is a proper way of wvw SO til lthey dod that i will stick to opinion that fighting is also proper way of playing this gamemode. Same for conquest, if u kill u get points, what is wrong in killing players and getting points when u are good ta it? Since anet didn’t give us DM that is the only way to do it And same goes for fighters, anet didn’t give us opportunity to fight so we do it at borders and no1 should complain cos we play as it is intended. We fight And by saying that fighting enemy zerg is wrong way of playing WvW u are saying htat ppl should avoid fights and cap only turning WvW into ktrain and gtrain. Also roaming isn’t proper way of playing WvW too cos u don’t cap anything except camps – that is what guilds do too – for stacks ^^ but still cap like roamers.

[One][SiOn][dF]

(edited by Kasteros.9847)

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

Kasteros.9847

This is true, but capturing points is the game is easy and boring, and playing it to the max to gain the most PPT you can means hitting where the enemy isn’t, so it’s a lot of battling doors, which is like watching grass grow. Sure that’s cool for the people who bought this game for jumping puzzles and rolling in the grass with faeries,

I agree and i rarely ever do it. I do enjoy defending but it’s just boring when the zerg decides their ram got taken down so it’s time to change map.

but some of us play this game for competitive pvp and fights and unfortunately the powers that be in this game, created a stupid 5v5 conquest mode which is one for the lamest forms of pvp and then wondered why it didn’t go all esports on them, so guess what people started using the open pvp world of WvW as their outlet to play competitive deathmatch style pvp whether it be small scale, dueling or gvg’s. But heaven forbid competitive people ruin the casuals game mode and their gem buying.

WvW will never be taken as serious as Conquest. Not really. The game has been balanced around 5v5 and spvp amulets. WvW is full of upscales, low level gear, broken foodbuffs, broken gaurdstacks, Broken runes and LOADS of broken traits which didn’t get balanced when they rebalanced them. WvW is the casual game mode, Don’t get me wrong i enjoy roaming but it’s pretty clear that WvW is very imbalanced.

AOE limit would need to be removed if 20v20 ever became a thing because it’s stupid to watch and low skillcap. Logically it just doesn’t make any sence, Guy standing in aoe but taking no damage. Remove the limit and then everyone will find it less fun and not want it in the first place.

You can enjoy WvW, sure. You have to accept that it’s not a serious game mode and we’re not getting one though.

W8 what?! sPvP balanced? U can’t even make ur own build, u must follow rules like full tank with soldier amulet or full zerker with berserker amulet, wtf? At WvW u can pick something from soldier, somethign from zerker, something from knight and balance ur character’s dmg and surv to maximum. Also u talk about Eotm or EB, not GvGs where everyone have specific builds, tactics etc. If it isn’t serious gamemode why so many gvg guilds here? Why ppl try so hard to achive top guild?If it is for casuals why u don’t teach us how ot play properly? I bet that u wouldn’t stand a chance in mt during gvg mr. pro 5 v 5 pvper ALso u know why they put aoe cap with 5 targets? To prevent guilds wiping blobs Cos it was ridiculous to wipe em, then they found how to fight em anyway and after taht they put new stabil and yet some hc guilds can wipe a blob.

[One][SiOn][dF]

(edited by Kasteros.9847)

How GvG Will Work.

in WvW

x Charlie.4820

Also roaming isn’t proper way of playing WvW too cos u don’t cap anything except camps – that is what guilds do too – for stacks ^^ but still cap like roamers.

I feel like you just completed ignored what i said so i’ll repeat it.

I don’t even do it myself because i prefer to roam but to not acknowledge it’s the main objective is ignorant.

Unlike you i understand the intended objective of WvW, Your honestly going to sit there and act like you don’t know how to win or what the idea behind the game mode is? We both know you do because you even just said yourself “Roaming is not the proper way to play WvW.”

W8 what?! sPvP balanced?

I never said it was balanced, i said the game is balanced around it. Like it or not.

U can’t even make ur own build

Yes you can.

u must follow rules like full tank with soldier amulet or full zerker with berserker amulet, wtf? At WvW u can pick something from soldier, somethign from zerker, something from knight and balance ur character’s dmg and surv to maximum.

Thats exactly why amulets are intended to be more balanced in spvp. They’re SUPPOSED to make roles not have everyone do everything (Although currently celestial ammy doesn’t help with that issue.)

If you honestly think stuff like Dire and some mix builds that deal good burst damage with pretty decent armor are balanced then you have no clue what you’re talking about in the first place.

Also u talk about Eotm or EB, not GvGs where everyone have specific builds, tactics etc. If it isn’t serious gamemode why so many gvg guilds here? Why ppl try so hard to achive top guild?

I talk about WvW as a whole since GvG isn’t a seperate gamemode and therefore isnt balanced seperatly. It won’t be taken as seriously overall thats a fact. You tell me why they try to achieve “Top guild” in a made up gamemode, bragging rights i guess.

If it is for casuals why u don’t teach us how ot play properly?

It’s casual doesn’t mean only casuals play it. If you don’t understand, don’t put words in my mouth.

I bet that u wouldn’t stand a chance in mt during gvg mr. pro 5 v 5 pvper

Why is this relevant? Where did i say anywhere that i’m a “Pro 5v5 player” Just more rubbish that your making up as you go along. It’s pathetic that you seem to think having your guild fight a virtual battle ingame will make your point any-more valid.

It’s even more funny that you would actually be willing to get your entire guild involved because of something someone said on the forums. That doesn’t prove your point, nor your skill level.

ALso u know why they put aoe cap with 5 targets? To prevent guilds wiping blobs

Performance. If you think otherwise then you really should do your research.

Cos it was ridiculous to wipe em, then they found how to fight em anyway and after taht they put new stabil and yet some hc guilds can wipe a blob.

AoE cap has always been here, again not sure what any of this has to do with what i said?

It seems your just trying to boost your ego via forums, anyone who says anything you dislike is met with “I bet you would lose in GvG to my guild lol.”

Please get some valid counter arguments or just stop posting, Petty insults and saying i said stuff which i didn’t is just childish.

Chazwyne, Necromancer <3
Smallscale <3 Vabbi
The Original Dudes [to]

(edited by x Charlie.4820)