How Many badges of Honour do you have/stock ?

in WvW

Posted by: Roo Stercogburn.9671

Roo Stercogburn.9671

I would be very surprised if it was not a new currency, possibly able to purchase by selling an extremely high number of honour badges thus thwarting those that are currently saving.

Master Baker on Gunnars Hold serving you hot cookies.
Looney vids at http://www.youtube.com/feed/UCRhCtfrF9GhxU1CoeZSN0kQ/u
Midnight Mayhem

in WvW

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Well PvE players have already bank full of trinkets so we need to get out trinkets fast, cheap and easy.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

Well PvE players have already bank full of trinkets so we need to get our trinkets fast, cheap and easy.

(edited by Junkpile.7439)

in WvW

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

There are too many currencies as it is. They should keep badges as the sole WvW currency. As a player who only does WvW, I’m behind gear-wise (as slight of a boost as it is) against other players who have done lots of fractals, and it doesn’t make sense to add additional time to bring that to parity.

I have about 1200 badges and maybe 600k karma or so. I’d love to see armor take one and karma take accessories or something along that line. As it stands currently, neither have much value.

in WvW

Posted by: jkctmc.8754

jkctmc.8754

I buy siege with mine, so it doesn’t really pile up.

Renno – Stonegard – Aece
80 Thief – 80 Warrior – 80 Guardian – 80 Ranger
80 Mesmer – 80 Necromancer

in WvW

Posted by: Esoteric.5490

Esoteric.5490

Roughly 3,200 badges and 1.3 million karma for me.

I may seriously hurt something if they make badges worthless.

Blackgate Forever,
Riven – [KnT] GM – http://KnightGaming.enjin.com
Commander – Grand General of Blackgate

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

Posted by: IDarko.4709

IDarko.4709

Wasted 500 on the Gift of Battle and about 500 on armor that i don’t wear anymore.

I have 1500 in stock right now. I’m saving them incase they add some items that are actually worth it.

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]
Gandara – WvW Warrior

in WvW

Posted by: IComeInPeace.1768

IComeInPeace.1768

Almost 6k badges….. I hardly even pick up anymore.

Malf
DEVS
Thiefs need a buff… Just to compete with me.

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

Holy kitten that’s huge.

Well, with 13.7k kills in WvW and 700 hours just in WvW, I better have that many. I’m disappointed that more don’t drop especially since I play a warrior so I can’t get as many tags in large fights as Eles or Necros. It’s shameful how the tagging system works because great support guardians get hosed with the drops.

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

Posted by: Magiofdeath.2745

Magiofdeath.2745

Wow, I had heard the cap for karma was 1 million. Apparently, that is not the case?

Fort Aspenwood | Kurzick ftw!

in WvW

Posted by: Hecksa.7140

Hecksa.7140

Might as well contribute to the “How big is your schlossen?” thread. Answer: Relatively small.

Well, with 13.7k kills in WvW and 700 hours just in WvW, I better have that many. I’m disappointed that more don’t drop especially since I play a warrior so I can’t get as many tags in large fights as Eles or Necros. It’s shameful how the tagging system works because great support guardians get hosed with the drops.

Yeah, the tagging system is massively biased in the favour of heavy aoe dpsers at the moment, really hoping they do something about that in February, if not before.

You should up the kill rate, though – I’ve only got 400 WvW hours and I’m almost at 22k kills, and that’s way behind the rate of a lot of people I know. Playing on Mesmer does make getting the tags hard, though.

To give an actual number, I have around 2k badges at the moment, since I spent all the ones I had saved just after fractals came out…a bit foolish, now I think about it.

Not Matter (Mesmer) – [RG]

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

Anything ranged still makes it a lot easier to get those tags, tbh.

I’ve been getting a lot more kills lately, however. The rate at which my guild has gotten kills can be directly attributed to how large we have grown and the influence we can have on a map. When we were running in smaller groups, there were a lot of engagements where you would get less kills even if you wiped the opponents just because of numbers. Also, we use siege a lot rather than putting boots on the ground. As a commander, I spend a lot of time planning and giving orders rather than fighting, especially during a siege.

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

I have hundreds of badges.

If I knew for sure that Anet would not be making new armor that costs badges, I’d spend them all on siege.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Slamz.5376

Slamz.5376

You know you can buy siege engines with badges, right?

They’ll never be worthless. The only question is if you should keep saving up in case Anet releases a new armor set that you’ll need those badges for.

Camelot Unchained – from the makers of DAOC
A game that’s 100% WvW
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

in WvW

Posted by: Vidar Oort.5234

Vidar Oort.5234

I disagree with making the new gear purchasable with badges. Their sole purpose should be countering the giant devouring gold sink that is WvW. Karma on the other hand would be a good choice, rather than creating another currency for everyone to learn how to farm, then get nerfed, then buffed, then exploited,…

Mornahk – Warrior
[Ark]
Maguuma

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

In the process of running a large guild, we get donations to buy siege and upgrades from our members and get donations of blueprints by guild members and players who just happened to pick it up or farm it in the jp. I have a couple hundred blueprints on my character without spending a single badge on them.

Power/Tough/Vitality is an awesome set and you can’t really find too many trinkets with those stats either so I’m holding out to see if I can buy ascended gear with them on my warrior and if I can’t, it makes an easy full set of exotics for an alt.

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

I flat out ignore the jumping puzzles and spend most of my time in WvW playing support or running dolyaks, so I have about 200 over 8 weeks. I get better loot from neutral mobs I happen to kill while watching yaks than I do players.

tl;dr
I do the thankless jobs and don’t cheese it up in the JP, so very few.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

I flat out ignore the jumping puzzles and spend most of my time in WvW playing support or running dolyaks, so I have about 200 over 8 weeks. I get better loot from neutral mobs I happen to kill while watching yaks than I do players.

tl;dr
I do the thankless jobs and don’t cheese it up in the JP, so very few.

Honestly, the game needs more players like you so don’t get down on yourself. The fact that kills are the only things that give badges needs some work, capping objectives and doing events should give them as well in varying amounts. Perhaps give them in addition to karma, exp, and silver, or give them out in a “Bag of Wondrous Goods” when you kill a Keep/Tower/Camp Lord like you get from boss drops in dungeons. Although awarding them based on an event (even 1-2 badges per event), is probably the best choice.

Only time I go in the jp is when there is an easy portal to the top and we can afford to take a couple minutes off in the map.

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

Posted by: Marlinn.6428

Marlinn.6428

2.500 badges, 850k + 150k in jugs karma. Now useful rewards please..

Commander at the Farshiverpeaks

(edited by Marlinn.6428)

in WvW

Posted by: Nuzt.7894

Nuzt.7894

Would be around 600, but I spend a bunch on siege about a month ago because I wasn’t sure what to do with them.

Currently roughly 250

in WvW

Posted by: whitespirit.9734

whitespirit.9734

I have 250 badges and over 1 million karma and no not a pve’r. As a ranger getting a deathblow is like omg I killed someone, and jp is useless unless you have a zerg in there. I bet most people who have 3k + badges from killing peeps are either Warrior(100winblades),Elementalist (AoEEEEEEEE) and/or a Thief(Dagger Dance). admittedly I have spent 360 badges on jewelry but these badges just mean the stronger classes get that much stronger.

bitter much?! yeah dont care wanted to voice my opinion.

in WvW

Esoteric.5490

I’ve gotten more badges since switching from a GS warrior to a Sword/Shield and Hammer Warrior. Just an observation.

Blackgate Forever,

in WvW

Posted by: Shrack.8013

Shrack.8013

I have 2250 badges and about 1 million karma sitting on my thief. Haven’t played really in nearly a month due to the Wintersday patch making the game completely unplayable for me.

Shrack – 80 Thief
Formerly GoM, now Dragonbrand – [NEWL]

in WvW

Posted by: Wryscher.1432

Wryscher.1432

Holy crow. you guys have a ton of badges. Only 310 here. I’m not good at killing people.

I really doubt Anet will add much in the way of new equip to pvp. Id imagine just a way to get what they already have in pve, which is just rings and backs now. unless they add something new to pve.

Or they add an armor with a PvP specific stat like a lot of games are doing now. Wouldnt be a bad way for them to sell some more transmutation stones

[Sane]-Order of the Insane Disorder
Melanessa-Necromancer Cymaniel-Scrapper
Minikata-Guardian Shadyne-Elementalist -FA-

in WvW

Posted by: Rob.7624

Rob.7624

I have 1.4k Badges and 1.2million Karma.

Legendary armour when it is released. Will be all mine!

I get my Karma from working the night shift and pain training maps.
And I get my badges from being a pure tank. Hit everybody in a zerg and live to pick up the loot. Lead from the front and by example.

Commander Bird Song
Northern Shiverpeaks Night Crew
Os Guild

(edited by Rob.7624)

in WvW

Posted by: KinkyWarrior.1879

KinkyWarrior.1879

43 Badges. I spend all mine

Dius Vanguard [DiVa]

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

This is what i have on me now, and I’ve easily gone through 3000-4000 badges in siege over the months, the siege in my inventor and my legendary. Saving up for the WvW update in February.

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA

in WvW

Posted by: cargan.5689

cargan.5689

Holy kitten that’s huge.

Not that hard, I helped…;)

Ulfar SOR

in WvW

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

2k badges. Nothing worth using them on , so basically they are just collecting virtual dust in my bank.

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in WvW

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

I’ve gotten about 2.25k badges in total but after buying some armor and the gift I have 1.3k just sitting around in the bank. Hopefully the February update will give me something to spend them on.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Brannoncyll.1978

Brannoncyll.1978

Wow, I leveled my elementalist to 80 doing mostly WvW and only have 20 or 30 badges to show for it. I expect this is because I spend too much time concentrating on fighting and miss all the loot bags, and also because the tagging system needs some serious work.

in WvW

Posted by: LieutenantGoogle.7326

LieutenantGoogle.7326

580 in reserved
528 spent
so barely over 1000 received.
(3500 kills, so not too bad i suppose)

Although my percentage might rise more as I’m starting to refine my WvW warrior build.

lv80 with skills fully unlocked, warrior, elementalist and engineer
lv80 Necromancer, all professional skills unlocked, working on the final norn elite skills.

in WvW

Posted by: salluks.6017

salluks.6017

i stopped picking loot as well, its entirely useless, just fight and move on.

in WvW

Junkpile.7439

This is what i have on me now, and I’ve easily gone through 3000-4000 badges in siege over the months, the siege in my inventor and my legendary. Saving up for the WvW update in February.

Well that some serious badge farming spec. You probably only play close spawn so you can run back collect loot bags before they disappear.

in WvW

Posted by: Erebus.7568

Erebus.7568

the whole point of new gear is that you have to obtain it on new as it gets in, not that you should have stacked up and instantly be fully geared

would be the same as if fractal used dungeon marks and current stacked dungeon marks would be the currency for the new fractal gear… would kinda break the whole idea of doing fractal wouldnt it ?

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

Get a mining pick ASAP! :P

For me, i have roughly 1200 badges, and i’ve used quite a few (maybe around 300-500) with siege. And i don’t even WvW that much… I get most from the NPCs while flipping camps in some remote BL (like IoJ was)

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Archer.1658

Archer.1658

2.3kish atm? I always carry 500~600 for siege.

Çookies – Mesmer – [GF]/Ebay
Everyone is bad but me.
Anet ruined Gw2.

in WvW

Posted by: Warlord Lu Bu.7905

Warlord Lu Bu.7905

I’ve spent most of my badges, but I’m around 2 million karma.

War Legend Lu Bu – Commander
[WäR] Warband of Absolute Retribution
Borlis Pass

in WvW

Posted by: Truebanana.5936

Truebanana.5936

1988 badges and19886628 karmas. I used something like 1500 badges on siege weapon, but since 2 month i don’t make much badges and karma (something like 500k karma in 2month lol), since i mostly roam alone now.

Truebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist on Augury Rock
Dolcebanana [Opt] Solo roaming D/F Elementalist twink lvl 60 on Augury Rock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3xj7suly_U

in WvW

Posted by: Foss.4830

Foss.4830

Just over 2k badges. 500k karma on my main and like 100kish on my 2 alts.

Saving them up in the hopes that they will add useful gear to the badge merchants.

Bluecog – Valór [RUN] – Kaineng

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

8679 badges (spent 5-600) 1.5mil Karma (spent @1 mil) and I’m the innocuous little toon who’s actually killing you while Riven is distracting them by waving a sword around and being brave…
Course if they do bring in new currency for WvW’er’s the rage quit from halfway around the world should be audible in his bedroom without voip.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

(edited by Thresher.3049)

in WvW

Posted by: Amurond.4590

Amurond.4590

Spent 1000 badges on legendaries and have 270 left, most of it is from jumping puzzles though.

~ The Server I Play On Is Better Than The Server You Play On ~
- Kudzu, Dreamer, Frostfang, Eternity, Flameseeker Prophecies ~
~Nevermore, HOPE, Moot, Incinerator, Meteorlogicus, Howler ~

in WvW

Posted by: Jeknar.6184

Jeknar.6184

1 badge of honour

Looted it from Zojja’s golem in TA story mode and asked the party what it was. Someone else in the party got one as well. Seemed like a strange place to get it. It has been using a slot in my bank ever since the poor lonely thing.

The images from TA story have a chance to drop it since the release… Who knows if it is really intented…

Kawagima / Kelvena Riverstream / Calamis Fatima / Hanna Flintlocke
WvW Rank 3800 (Platinum Veteran) – PvP Rank 69 (Shark) – 25,9k Achievment Points
Mërcenaries [Sold] – Ferguson’s Crossing

in WvW

Posted by: Morningstar.6208

Morningstar.6208

I have 500 in stock for legendary I use rest for siege purchase and I have 3million karma that I dont know what to do with it.

Commander Sir Morningstar of Devona’s Rest, Army of Devona [AoD] Guild Leader
http://www.ArmyofDevona.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mK7xYguWCk

in WvW

Posted by: Hyde.6189

Hyde.6189

Got just over 1500 badges I think, almost enough to buy a set of invader armour for one of my secondary characters, though I’ll hold onto them for a while and see if ANet release anything else I can use them on.

in WvW

Posted by: Thresher.3049

Thresher.3049

Dude.

Thats a lot of badge. How many kills do you have ? You make me wanna reroll necro. But im afraid A.net nerf AOE effects in WvW before i am 80 ^^

Bit under 31,000 at the moment, slightly over 1000hrs in wvw.
Some people do dungeons, some people do quests, world exploration, legendary weapons and others do spvp.
I do people.
(Strangely though- there’s a few people out there MUCH higher than me, I still have a full time job to manage as well!)

Don’t roll a necro, they’re a class that requires 100% attention, research and playing all the time to the absolute fullest to get them even just ‘on par’. Put it this way, I have 3 slot skills, one elite and a stat/skill allocation which have been pretty much the same for the last 1000hrs on it… the rest is broken, bugged, doesn’t work and complete rubbish because Anet just wont fix them.
Guess that sort of works in a way, if I commit, I will have to kill every single person before they kill me as there are no ‘way-outs’ and running away for a necro, unlike fairly much every other class has.

If they nerf me, well, I’ll just have to throw my hat into the warrior/thief arena which never gets nerfed and continue purging the unclean from the borderlands.

Pinot Noir (Necromancer) Pinot Blanc (Warrior)
KnT Blackgate

in WvW

Posted by: holska.4127

holska.4127

138 only. Shortly after launch I used all of them to stock up on BP’s and since then I bought 4 weaps, the leg gift, some armor and several jewelry pcs.

in WvW

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

I bought some equipment for my alt so I’ve only got like 600 left. I hope they just have them go in your inventory or something with the new update. The bag dropping thing is one of the sloppiest parts of WvW.

I dunno if I want a new currency – I mean, on one hand I don’t want yet another currency but on the other, I don’t want to be worrying about whether to buy siege with badges and invader gear now or save for who knows what a month from now.

And yeah, we desperately need a way to spend karma.

Gate of Madness

in WvW

Posted by: Ascii.9726

Ascii.9726

Well that some serious badge farming spec. You probably only play close spawn so you can run back collect loot bags before they disappear.

I rarely die in WvW with this spec. Its really not rocket science to drop your wells and then back out before picking off people.

Example

Attachments:

Rank 580+ Necromancer WvW Stream
Commander Ascii :: Tempest Wolves [TW] :: Sanctum of Rall :: Best Necromancer NA