How To Make Guild Wars 2 Great Again

in WvW

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

I was thinking about how similar copper nodes are to orichalcum while roaming in eotm. Then I thought about Eve Online and thought “hey that’s it, how to make GW2 the perfect game!”

So the idea is this, make it so the ONLY place you can harvest orichalcum and ancient wood is in WvW. Like how rare minerals in Eve are only found in low/null sec.

After this my next idea was to make it so that Ori can only be harvested in mines, and ancient wood can only be harvested in lumber camps. Make the amount available at each camp fairly significant or make it so the resources respawn frequently so that ori/ancient wood supply stays the same.

Third, control of camps is tired to the closest adjacent fort. You can kill the guards and steal the resources, but you can’t flip the camp.

I look at it like this. If I have to do fractals and/or other pve content in order to get bis gear in a timely fashion (not to mention skins, fashion is important you know!) then pve’ers can come to wvw and get farmed while they farm. >:)

in WvW

Posted by: FogLeg.9354

FogLeg.9354

hm, so if you happen to be in matchup where your opponent totally controls all maps, it means you get no real chance to even gather any valuable resources? Just another reason for everyone to transfer into top server.

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I was thinking about how similar copper nodes are to orichalcum while roaming in eotm. Then I thought about Eve Online and thought “hey that’s it, how to make GW2 the perfect game!”

So the idea is this, make it so the ONLY place you can harvest orichalcum and ancient wood is in WvW. Like how rare minerals in Eve are only found in low/null sec.

After this my next idea was to make it so that Ori can only be harvested in mines, and ancient wood can only be harvested in lumber camps. Make the amount available at each camp fairly significant or make it so the resources respawn frequently so that ori/ancient wood supply stays the same.

Third, control of camps is tired to the closest adjacent fort. You can kill the guards and steal the resources, but you can’t flip the camp.

I look at it like this. If I have to do fractals and/or other pve content in order to get bis gear in a timely fashion (not to mention skins, fashion is important you know!) then pve’ers can come to wvw and get farmed while they farm. >:)

will never happen cause look at what happened with wvw map completion reqs for legendaries, same reasons.

though personally i would love to see a resource unique to wvw and wvw unique nice skins or legendaries, but none of that will happen.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Lorelei.3918

It’d be really nice if WvW worked like eotm. Server identity is stupid. I meet and friend lots of great people through pvp and pve only to find out we can’t wvw together because WvW is still living in 2012. At least there’s eotm…

Get rid of pve puzzle BS in wvw maps. Remake all three maps to be like EBG, but much bigger to accommodate the huge influx of people so instancing is kept to a minimum.

Do those things and it won’t matter who is dominating the maps as karma trains in eotm have proven.

Though in the back of my mind a bigger idea is nibbling at me. A kind of Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2 crossover. Where instead of just one map there are a 30 or more ‘hexes’. Each hex has its own tower/keep/castle plus a logging camp and mining camp. Capturing the fort caps the hex and you can only cap a hex you have adjacency with. The deeper into enemy territory you go the more imposing and difficult the objectives are to cap for the attacker.

Of course that would make wvw into its own game. Which would be ok with me

in WvW

Posted by: Shadow.3475

Shadow.3475

No not more PVE in WvW we need less.

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

As a WvW player, I don’t want PvE in my game mode. I am sure PvE players don’t want WvW in theirs.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Best to not use “how to make x great again” and think there is going to be a real plan to do so.
The current nodes are good in wvw but you cant make it the only places to get that type of node as you suggest. If you want to add in wvw only type of things you need to make it in it self a wvw thing. So siege maybe skills food armor types etc.. but even that has a life span.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Best not to use “how to make GW2 great again” simply because the phrase compels me to reply with “Vote Trump!” with a troll face on and not read anything else of your post.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Lorelei.3918

The title was tongue in cheek humor, except I forget that gamers only know how to laugh at other peoples mistakes.

Well, the idea on it’s face may not be viable but the spirit of it is. It would be nice if the whole game could be rearranged away from the theme park WoW model and toward a Eve/Planetside land grab model. Then rare materials in more dangerous areas would be a given.

Honestly if I could just steal Anet’s programmers and artists and make my own game I would. It’s not fair some of the industries best and brightest have a bunch of unimaginative care bears with a hard on for 90’s platformers as their developers.

And on another note I wish WoW had never been made. The MMO world could have gone a completely different direction then what it did. It could have followed UO’s lead instead of Everquest’s. Now the only game like that that isn’t terrible is Eve Online. Even then Eve is hobbled by a boring combat system and a overall unengaging game world. (They capture the emptiness of space really well though.)

These eggheads in marketing think just because people like me play their theme park MMO’s we must like it. No, we just have no better options. UO is ancient and space is boring.

in WvW

Posted by: sirloin.9145

sirloin.9145

love the idea. More stuff that are important outside towers and keeps, for big groups and solo roamers. And killing pve players, nom nom nom.