How are EotM Teams allocated?

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Q:

Are they from the all the servers, or from a pool?

in WvW

Posted by: Cactus.2710

Cactus.2710

A:

Sorry, perhaps I should have been a little more clear. I meant for the new maps in EotM, not the regular WvW maps. It is my understanding that the overflow maps of EotM can consist of two or more servers fighting on the same side. So how are they allocated?

The color your server has in WvW determines which team you will be on in EOTM. If you are on the red team in WvW you will be on the red team in EOTM. All NA servers are pooled together for EOTM, but there is some sort of total player cap and if that is exceeded a new parallel instance of EOTM fires up at the same time. All EU servers are pooled as well.

D/D Thief who prefers mobility to stealth … so yeah, I die a lot
Stormbluff Isle [AoD]

in WvW

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

A player gets assigned to the color, his/her server has in WvW, e.g. all Blackgate player get green this week.

WvW-color is assigned as described here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/When-does-the-worlds-change-colors/3467650

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

in WvW

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Sorry, perhaps I should have been a little more clear. I meant for the new maps in EotM, not the regular WvW maps. It is my understanding that the overflow maps of EotM can consist of two or more servers fighting on the same side. So how are they allocated?

in WvW

Posted by: Snowreap.5174

Snowreap.5174

they are allocated by color. whatever color you are on your “home” map, that’s what color you’ll be assigned to in EotM. so if you’re green this week, and BlackGate is also green, then you might find yourself playing side-by-side with BlackGate players. or with anybody else who’s also green this week, for that matter.

next week, if your servers are different colors, you might find yourself playing against them.

-ken

The Purge [PURG] – Ehmry Bay