How can 1 server hold 95% of flags in all maps?

in WvW

Posted by: Toxophile.6215

Toxophile.6215

How is that even remotely allowed to happen? How is it that the other 2 servers don’t have a 250 million health point bonus to their health and 50 thousand bonus to every damaging attack they do?

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: roostapro.9827

roostapro.9827

well…

whichever server holds the most points may have better 24/7 coverage, better teamwork/strats & Maybe a public teamspeak/vent/mumble.

WvWvW also comes down to numbers, sadly.

However, it isn’t about the winning, but its about the fun you get out of WvWvW.

:)

Eredon Terrace – Voladeir Roost (Ele)|Roosta (War)|Error Occurred (Gua)|Àneskâ Necrötiâ (Nec)
RoostaGW2

in WvW

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

Its rather sad to be on winning side in matches like this as there is little to no fun running around map with no objectives to complete.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

in WvW

Posted by: Wildman.9641

Wildman.9641

Ever play Starcraft?

in WvW

Toxophile.6215

Oddly, that doesn’t stop these winning teams from loggin in. Hell I can’t even run around in my city clothes and get POI without being run down by packs of 5. I guess outnumbering both other teams combined by 10 to one isn’t a problem.

in WvW

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

There are a few elements which lead to snowballing in WvW.

1. Winning is fun, losing is not – Hence people who lose, stop playing WvW, those who are winning play more.

2. Holding lots of territory doesn’t require significantly more manpower than holding little territory. And this is really to do with the size of the maps and WvW design in general. Since you can be anywhere on the map within 2 minutes it isn’t any more difficult holding a large number of keeps compared to holding a few (or none). All you need is a single zerg to react to the enemies zerg.

In theory holding lots of territory would require more man power and thus put a natural cap on how much territory a server can hold. But this isn’t the case in practice. So all you really need is 20 more players at the right hour and you can steam roll the entire map.

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

1. Winning is fun, losing is not – Hence people who lose, stop playing WvW, those who are winning play more.

I think that’s part of the problem. Losing would be okay if there was some sort of ‘thanks for trying’ rewards. But getting steamrolled at a supply camp by a force 5x larger then yours just gets you a big repair bill.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

in WvW

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I actually feel sorry for Fort Aspenwood more than HoD or Darkhaven. I love fighting an uphill battle but it really sucks kitten to steamroll some poor server and wait outside their spawn like a rabid wolf waiting for the next sheep to wander out.

Where’s the Half-Naked Norn these days? I used to love running into his pack in WvW.

in WvW

Toxophile.6215

And the process feeds on itself. There is no chance in hell I am going to stay on this server. I want to have fun in WvW. I am therefore required to transfer to one that isn’t 15 feet below the bottom of the pack. I will end up reinforcing the cycle of imbalance. But the only other option is to stay and let other guys have all the fun and I get to sell loot and resources to pay for my repair bills.
ANet really should do something about this. Put a more aggressive buff in for the team at the bottom of the rank commiserate with the beating they are taking. For the screenshot referenced above, I’d say a 300% across-the-board buff would suffice until the bottom team closes to within a reasonable distance of the other teams. That means 2 times the damage, 3 times and health, 3 times the duration of boons, and 3 times the XP/Karma/Loot.
Once all 3 teams are within a “fair” range of each other, them buff goes away. This means the better team will still stay on top, but it won’t be a blowout, and everyone gets to have fun.

in WvW

Posted by: hobbes.6178

hobbes.6178

Yeah, they did the same to us when we played them. Free transfers yo.

in WvW

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

it’s really hard to come back if you fail after the first push and it gets this bad. Personally i think buffs to the losing teams would encourage more fighting.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

in WvW

Posted by: Bones.5762

Bones.5762

And the process feeds on itself. There is no chance in hell I am going to stay on this server. I want to have fun in WvW. I am therefore required to transfer to one that isn’t 15 feet below the bottom of the pack. I will end up reinforcing the cycle of imbalance. But the only other option is to stay and let other guys have all the fun and I get to sell loot and resources to pay for my repair bills.
ANet really should do something about this. Put a more aggressive buff in for the team at the bottom of the rank commiserate with the beating they are taking. For the screenshot referenced above, I’d say a 300% across-the-board buff would suffice until the bottom team closes to within a reasonable distance of the other teams. That means 2 times the damage, 3 times and health, 3 times the duration of boons, and 3 times the XP/Karma/Loot.
Once all 3 teams are within a “fair” range of each other, them buff goes away. This means the better team will still stay on top, but it won’t be a blowout, and everyone gets to have fun.

I think the amount of buff your talking about is a little extreme, there’s a good deal of classes out there that can easily burst out 10-15k dmg in 5seconds or less, so doubling that would mean a lot of people just getting instant killed with no time to react back. But i think you were just saying that to get an overall explaination, which i do agree with to an extent.

Will you help me move?

in WvW

Posted by: Raffie.7865

Raffie.7865

The server with the most players and 24/7 coverage wins.
Its all about numbers.
Nothing more.
So the more you win and take the stronger that server gets over the other 2. Its very balanced and if that server has way more players then the other 2. The 2 weak servers get a very small bonus, its so small you will never notice it, but its there if you manager to kill a player from the winning server.
Its very balanced.
So if your on the loosing server best thing to do is attack them, when they attack you do ALT+F4… it saves tons of coins on the repair bill.\

For a buff for the loosing server I think double HP’s would be nice.

www.infowars.com and also lookup Agenda 21
www.graystatemovie.com its coming if you like it or not.

(edited by Raffie.7865)

in WvW

Posted by: Severim.7938

Severim.7938

That would be the result of their euro influx. I’m sure they’re not enjoying the lack of competition on their side either. It’s partially a problem of their own creation due to overly successful recruitment vs organic growth.

Yak’s Bend – Bellenisa (Ele), Bellesina (Thief)

in WvW

Posted by: Same.4687

Same.4687

It would be silly to grant insane bonuses to losing servers that would completely destroy any competitive element in WvW. It would just mean that if you are playing against a server that recruited and works 24 hours per day with high organization could be stopped dead in their tracks by a server that lacks any WvW presence or tactics but has a small group with stupid bonuses.

Getting steamrolled sucks, but granting bonuses to losing parties makes it worse.

in WvW

Posted by: Zephyrus.9680

Zephyrus.9680

The “outnumbered” buff should buff stats. Not enough to fully cover the disadvantage in numbers but enough to be competitive.

Zefyres – Ele | Maguuma | (ex) top100 solo/teamQ casual | Youtube

in WvW

Posted by: DeadAirRT.1324

DeadAirRT.1324

It is far more boring for FA than you at the moment. You have a reason to log in; you can go be the thorn in the remaining FA side. You can capture towers, supply camps, and maybe even ninja a keep.

To the Yak’s person, no it is not the Euro influx. Both DH and HoD simply lack the population during all times (including NA prime time). We took the lead at the beginning of this match and have not relinquished it since.

I agree something needs to be done, but giving massive stat bonuses to one side is not the answer. It is far too exploitable and causes massive imbalance to any would be equal fights… thus promoting even more zerging.

DeadAir – Fort Aspenwood – PRO

in WvW

Posted by: Denim Samurai.2379

Denim Samurai.2379

Large guilds are learning that they can always be on the winning team if they all hop servers. FA just got like 200+ people doing this.

in WvW

Posted by: Inuko.1452

Inuko.1452

I’d consider that the comments about “joining the winning team” are a little ill-founded. Yes in the current match Fort Aspenwood are wiping the floor but in essence they are the number 13 server from 24. As an off peak player, from an off-peak EU guild I can say that in this match from day 1 we’ve had very little to do. The peak time forces were just outclassed by the always strong FA peak forces.

So, in short, don’t whine about transfers, and coverage hours etc. FA are just better in this case at this current time.

For the record there have been a number of tough units from both opposing servers that I have had some cracking ad intense fights with over the course of the week welcome and talented adversaries and an absolute credit to their respective servers. Those of you at the cross roads, in the south of the map, in Darkhaven borderlands yesterday evening (GMT) gave us an excellent run for our money!

in WvW

Posted by: TxJBxT.9370

TxJBxT.9370

My home is HoD. I’m not sure I wanna leave or not. Its not just WvW but the server in general seems rather dead guilds not helpfull and difficult to make friends. Ever since I’v started playing the server I’v made but one friend but then again me and her don’t chat too often. So not sure what to do yet.

in WvW

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

The more you crush them, the less they try.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

Look at the lowest tier of The European rankings:
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups

Now look at this, just a week before:
http://mos.millenium.org/matchups/history/7

Being from RoS, I must say I had a lot more fun last week than I’m having now.
The only time I’m actually having fun is when FoW upgrades all 3 of their keeps so we can start bashing our heads at those upgraded keeps to break them down.

There are 2 days left including today and I’m gonna go collect 100% map completion now.
Mind you that it’s the first time i’m gonna be away from WvW since I hit lvl 80 on my ele. I have leveled over 400 times in WvW on that ele (not a lie because yesterday I had about 456 SP, AFTER having bought all the Elite’s and other skills on my ele, and I’m a norn, now I have 260 because I bought that thing for the legendary weapons that costs 200SP).
I’ve decided to try for a legendary dagger because WvW bores the kitten out of me right now.

People who think you can only have when winning are quite narrow minded. Ofcourse when It’s ballanced the fight will probably be quite a lot of fun. I dare say that the side that wins by that many points has the least amount of fun.

We love destroying zergs that outnumber us, that gives us a sense of accomplishment and epicness. It’s just not the same when you kill a group when you have a few more people except when can’t even count how many people are in each group LOL.

Vabbi has lost it’s russian guilds who have transfered over to Piken Square.
So now we will be stuck in the last tier for about another 2 weeks before we can hopefully advance to the next one to get the kitten kicked out of us, and we are looking forward to that!

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

So if your on the loosing server best thing to do is attack them, when they attack you do ALT+F4… it saves tons of coins on the repair bill..

This needs to be addressed.

Alt + F4 should keep you logged in, and sitting in place. Costing the player both the repair, and giving the rewards that they should have given in the first place.

Someone with a bad connection or just bad luck? Yeah, it’s bad luck, but the abuse is just too much.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in WvW

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

So if your on the loosing server best thing to do is attack them, when they attack you do ALT+F4… it saves tons of coins on the repair bill.\

For a buff for the loosing server I think double HP’s would be nice.

Please don’t encourage Alt+F4ing. Badges come slowly enough as it is.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

in WvW

Posted by: Ilesyt.7084

Ilesyt.7084

So if your on the loosing server best thing to do is attack them, when they attack you do ALT+F4… it saves tons of coins on the repair bill..

This needs to be addressed.

Alt + F4 should keep you logged in, and sitting in place. Costing the player both the repair, and giving the rewards that they should have given in the first place.

Someone with a bad connection or just bad luck? Yeah, it’s bad luck, but the abuse is just too much.

Some Idiot SD ele (I’m an DD ele) attacked my while I was at 50% health because I was being attacked by 4 npc’s, I manage to down him and then he just logs off.
By now I’m used to people logging out on me so I don’t rage at them, I just laugh at their lameness.

People who are prepared to kill but not bear the consequences if they die are really the lowest pvp scum in my eyes, even if I can’t see who they are, I can still laugh at them.
Yes, you SD ele from vabbi who attacked me yesterday night, if you’re reading this, me and my whole guild had a good laugh at your expense.

Leader of Deus Ex Machina [DEX]
Ruins of Surmia

in WvW

Posted by: Regrets of Sini.6083

Regrets of Sini.6083

As many mentioned, holding all or 1 keep is not significantly different. It is all about zerg vs zerg. If enemy can roll you at one place on the map, they can roll you anywhere on the map.

I think fundamental problems are as following:

1. Defending un-upgraded fort/keep is too difficult, basic doors are too easy to push through with a large group.
2. Holding 1/x and 0/x forts&keeps is about the same benefit to the losing team.

Ways to fix this:

1. Capturing any fort or keep while outmanned should auto-upgrade walls and doors for you.
  2. Holding at least 1 fort on the map should provide substantial ~100ish additional points for your team. Getting pushed out of the map should be big deal.
  3. Capturing first/only fort or tower on the map should give 5x karma and exp.

in WvW

Posted by: Drede.4701

Drede.4701

Unfortunately, right now there are 4 servers who really fit in nicely in Tier 3 for the NA matchup: Tarnished Coast, Crystal Desert, Yak’s Bend, and Fort Aspenwood. All these servers are very evenly matched and it causes tier 3 to have some of the most even scoring and exciting matchups in WvW. Problem is the odd server out each week tends to absolutely dominate tier 4. That’s what happened this week. Throwing in HoD continuing to fall has just made the situation much worse. Unfortunatly for our friends on Darkhaven next week will possibly be more of the same from Crystal Desert instead of FA, but at least Maguuma will move up to keep things a little more balenced.

The many different ways I can spell Regnilond xD
Guardians of the Creed [HATE]
Yak’s Bend

(edited by Drede.4701)

in WvW

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Must be our massive 30 man Euro transfer .. there’s no other way that FA could beat two servers rated lower than them