How come so many DH/Guardians in WvW

in WvW

Posted by: Crazy.6029

Crazy.6029

I see a lot of them around, just curious, how come?

in WvW

Posted by: Digikid.7230

Digikid.7230

Guardians are a staple for any co-ordinated large group due to their AOE stab, condi cleanse and boons making them an ideal frontliner, while roaming groups might use a glassy DH as a strong dps option that can look after itself very well, or a tanky healing guardian to fill a support role.
In general, guardians/ DHs are quite strong no matter what you’re doing in WvW so they’re played quite a bit.

Some guy on a bunch of servers, mostly Mag
Former top 50 spvp engi main.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

They’re just the only players you can see because the rest are stealthed

in WvW

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

Simple answer, because there’s so many condi trash mesmers around. DH has the chance to kill mesmers, so if you dont want to play a lame condi build, play dh. Thats why I play mine anyway, its satisfying blowing up those keyboard turning baddies in dire gear that think theyre actually good.

in WvW

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It’s just the most useful class in WvW currently alongside base Guardian. Zerging, roaming, duelling, GvG – it’s important for all of these. Fantastic condi clear, stability share, massive damage from traps, strong ranged pressure with bow, protection share, Shield of Courage and great CC options – it’s a great package for WvW. It’s also pretty straight forward to play and be effective with which is appealing to players that want to get into WvW and immediately see results and be helpful.

Gandara

in WvW

Posted by: Jacion.6302

Jacion.6302

Becuase 3-5 guardians in frontline allow a beserker marauders warrior to blow up the joint like a madman on 30 redbulls.

Also becuase their loot stick b strong and the peeps love da bags

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

They’re just the only players you can see because the rest are stealthed

Till ya meet that odd one running trapper runes.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

mostly do to there movement vs there aoe vs sustain no other class does it as well guardian in small scale fights.

then in large scale fights they have insane con removal good sources of stab.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Blocks and invulnerability.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

One of the bigger autopilot classes to play.

Dtox

in WvW

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

As stated above, guards / DH have a ton of group defensive abilities, most important of which is stability. Outside of the stability there are other classes that perform each function better. Rev for boons, eles/druids for heals, war for invulns, etc. etc. but guards have a decent mix of everything + the stab.

Also, DH is a lot more fun to play then vanila guard, so more players switched back to it.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in WvW

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Simple answer, because there’s so many condi trash mesmers around. DH has the chance to kill mesmers, so if you dont want to play a lame condi build, play dh. Thats why I play mine anyway, its satisfying blowing up those keyboard turning baddies in dire gear that think theyre actually good.

Oh, the irony.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in WvW

Posted by: Limodriver.4106

Limodriver.4106

its the easiest mode class 1111111 and autoloot bags. If u die just use u are a guadian with no run away ability as excuse.

in WvW

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Oh, the irony.

;-)
Pewpew from the safety of a free-cast blockshield lols.

in WvW

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Oh, the irony.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: Offair.2563

Offair.2563

Oh, the irony.

Pwned. Fight cheese, with cheese.

Big Babou, Ranger for life.
Madness Rises [Rise] – Banners Hold.
Don’t argue with idiots, they pull you down their level and own you with experience.

in WvW

Posted by: XTR.9604

XTR.9604

I’d say that Guardian is probably the over all strongest class in WvW. It isn’t the best at everything, but it is pretty good at everything it does, rather it is support, damage or tank. I enjoy roaming on my guardian solo or with a small group as well as playing it with large groups. It is a great “jack of all trades” for WvW.

Asphyxia [XT] – Crystal Desert & Fort Aspenwood Roamer
Twitch Stream – AsphyxiaXT
My Builds at XtremeTheory.com

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

Lol this flames against guardians xD.

In gw2 there are so many “OP” classes:
perma-dodge thiefs, condi-pu mesm, 1000+ regeneration per second bersi warrior, undying druid while pet makes OP dmg…

so, stop plz crying against DH. its the same “OP” kitten like every other class have. xD

the reason guard is played so often its just because guardian have the best stability-cast for group of all classes.

in WvW

Posted by: LetoII.3782

LetoII.3782

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

equip staff, press 1 1 1 1 1 1 while spinning your mouse around and enjoy loot bags thats why..

guardian is so easy to play and gets most loot bags during a fight why wouldnt people play it, plus the fact that Anet makes stability a MUST for WvW its kinda a must and a easy class to play

in WvW

Posted by: Zero.3871

Zero.3871

equip staff, press 1 1 1 1 1 1 while spinning your mouse around and enjoy loot bags thats why..

guardian is so easy to play and gets most loot bags during a fight why wouldnt people play it, plus the fact that Anet makes stability a MUST for WvW its kinda a must and a easy class to play

i love your humor xD
if you do that, you play the guardian COMPLETLY WRONG and COPMLETLY USELESS and this has nothing to do with guardians buildplays. if you do that you dont get lootbags ,but you become a lootbag for enemies xD.

in WvW

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

cuz its ez and strong fact proven.

in WvW

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

i love your humor xD
if you do that, you play the guardian COMPLETLY WRONG and COPMLETLY USELESS and this has nothing to do with guardians buildplays. if you do that you dont get lootbags ,but you become a lootbag for enemies xD.

i dont play guard anymore so i guess my enemies lost +1 free loot bag even tho i barely ever died on guard and even if i did go into rally mode i tagged whole enemy blob so i would rally up within seconds..

dunno how one can play guard wrong u just dump your kitten on the ground and press stab when kitten get ruff or when ur going to storm into a blob.
its not a rocket science class.

id love to play my thief is mindless as i played guard but i cant even make it inside the blob without losing more then 50% of my HP

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Low skill floor, virtually no combat weaknesses, massive defense sustain, mechanics no other class has access to (cage skills are OP), best pull in the game and it is the only class that has never really seen substantial nerfs since launch.

The Guardian from year one is pretty much the same front line zerg Guardian seen today. Even after some HoT nerfs to DH the skill floor to play the class well is the lowest of any class in the game. The only thing it doesn’t really do well is solo escape long distance when a fight turns bad, but it can usually make it to a door if one is medium range away or there are other players. The class lives by the old adage a player doesn’t have to be faster than their opponent, just be more of a pain to kill than those around them.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

Now imagine if they port the core guard buffs from pvp into wvw.

Guardians as far as the eye can see. (in zergs at least)

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in WvW

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Guardians as far as the eye can see. (in zergs at least)

We are already there. I estimate 1/3 of the players we fight now are DH in zergs and skirmish. Number drops off a bit roaming but only because thieves make up the vast majority of roamers.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in WvW

Posted by: Threather.9354

Threather.9354

I’ll answer you with the mechanics and traits so you understand as well.
1) Stability, AoE Stab, there’s not a single class that can take enough stab solo to keep running around without getting constantly CCd. Also allows other classes to take better traits and skills.
2) Altruistic healing and strength in numbers: Gives guardian most effective hp due to every AoE boon healing 400, means 4 boon skill like f1 would heal yourself 1600. Sin is practically 750 armor which is massive
3) Retaliation and purging flames: Reta basically returns almost all damage you take (300+ per reta) as you take max 1000 damage from each hit with proper build. Purging flames has no target cap so it does massive damage as well.
4) Party sustain: Aegis can block up to 3000 damage per application, protection gives 50% more effective armor (is up to 1500 extra armor), loads of cleanse. Dodges heal 600+, Aegis heals 1k, receive the light 8k, regen 150/sec, orb 1300. All AoE heals.
5) Weapon CC: GS 5, Hammer 3 and 5, staff 5 always score a kill if you manage to save them to perfect spot where necros corrupt boons.

^ This is a normal guard

In practice its kinda easy, all you have to learn to do:
- You use stab when your stab is about to run out (blinking stab icon above skills + 3 second wait)
- You use lower cd skills first then move to higher cd skills
- You learn the distance where necros bombs from, and dodge when you believe enemy is dropping bomb. Only class that can kill you is a necromancer really.
- You sustain your party properly with dodges, energy sigils, orbs and aegis procs, saving your f2 for panic button.
- You stunbreak instantly if your party/you are in danger
- You save your CC skills like lines (+ purges) when enemy has no stab and drop it correctly behind enemy melee to cut their retreat.
- You stack might properly with blocks, empowers and f1s before spikes.

^ It’s somewhat easy to do everything to some extent, but doubt anyone is doing everything correctly so there’s definitely something to think about during combat, also its the reason its fun. I dont understand how someone can say guardian is easy, good guards are hard to come by ^^

DH is ok on paper but in practice not worth it due to missing Honor heals and purging flames. Also all the unblockable stuff going around and DH f2f3 being harder to hit allies with. Roaming DH is ok due to self sustain but turns useless for the party if enemy has 1 good aurashare ele or necromancer.

Diamond Rank Copyrights [CR]
EU Roamer, Dueler, Commander, Fighter, Scout

(edited by Threather.9354)

in WvW

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

So many weird replies.

To put it simple, guardian is like your normal soldiers, you always need a lot of soldiers. You don’t see more artillery than soldiers, right?

Why we need soldiers? Like others already mentioned, team sustain.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Because they synergize really well with Revs. You will notice that any class or build that is marginalized or nonexistent with the big fight meta will most certainly have overlap with Revs. Guardians are the opposite and do things almost out of the box that has rendered them irreplaceable even when stability was terrible.

Guardians provide high stability uptime which revs lack and consistent cleansing while Revenants provide offensive boons, damage reduction, perms swiftness, and resistance to counter against condi spikes. Then when you add in all the CC/burst potential between the two, and that’s a lot of power. When this is backed up by, say, a healing ele or something that grants stealth it becomes deadlier.

So naturally this a is powerful combo at any scale of fight but it is particularly noticeable the bigger the fights get since it scales so well and always a welcome addition to practically every scenario that doesn’t involve getting on siege.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in WvW

Posted by: Cerby.1069

Cerby.1069

well use ur head for a minute OP. Wvsw is about controlling and playing in large groups and killing other large groups. What class would bring the most to such a gametype…..maybe the one that spams aoe, blocks, traps, instant revivals, healing, shields, bubbles, ranged attacks, boons. A proper guardian zerg is like having a perma shield gen and ram spamming tone skin on ur zerg.

43% damage reduction…..blocks all over…instant regeneration…..perma resistance….you try killing that.

I kill you in one gunflame, or I kill you in two.
The Tiny Yuno Sniper of Ebay [EBAY]

in WvW

Posted by: hypehype.9047

hypehype.9047

invulnerability-block-block-refresh-repeat

2 mouse click and you can take 0 damage for what seems an eternity.

in WvW

Posted by: Rambitshouse.8712

Rambitshouse.8712

settings-options-difficulty-ez mode

Dtox