How cool would a "Baron Nashor" type mob be in WvWvW?

in WvW

Posted by: Grahf.8034

Grahf.8034

So I am thinking a big/tough monster with something like a 2 hour spawn timer and worth points for the server with the killing blow, maybe 150, would benefit current WvW in every way. The fights for the monster would be epic and the strategy of WvW would have to be changed ever so slightly. Also, maybe give the killing server some type of “buff” for an hour or so after the monster is slain. I only see benefits from adding this type of feature to what is already an awesome WvW system.

in WvW

Posted by: Fugly.5287

Fugly.5287

I just had a 2005 Alterac Valley nostalgic moment!

I’d rather see it in a new GW2 battleground type, preferably with far less siege, smaller skirmish battles, unique weapons with limited charges, power-ups, but still the same large populations for the rare chokepoint zergfest (hopefully just a fraction of what we see now though). Multiple big giant boss battles would be great.

I really hope the devs start rolling out lots of different PvP maps.

in WvW

Posted by: Nomar Ramon.3107

Nomar Ramon.3107

I like it. A neutral monster that shows up, maybe it is because someone triggered it unknowingly in a WvW dungeon some random event that irritated the thing, it shows up and bashes gates, walls, players, whatever, indiscriminately and forces all sides to fight together or it would continue to ravage the map. Maybe even the npc creatures would take off because they don’t want nothing to do with it while its there, or maybe they even join in to stop it. Nah. It’s too epic. The servers would crash and burn. They could do something with the dragons and allow WvW to affect the regular game world more in some huge world event. Hmm.

in WvW

Posted by: Flying Dutchman.3214

Flying Dutchman.3214

I thought they were planning on adding a PVP dungeon players servers could fight each other while trying to complete it.

PvP Officer of You Are A Pirate [YAAR] (Yak’s Bend)
“Let our swords stay sharp until the Jolly Roger flies over all our enemies keeps!”