How do guilds find others to fight in GvG?

in WvW

Posted by: Tina.3092

Tina.3092

Q:

Hey all, so I’m trying to get a GvG squad in my guild going. We have a team of 10-15 players excited and ready to play matches. However, I’m having trouble finding other guilds to play against.

Here’s what I’ve tried:
Checked WvW forums (here)
Checked PvP Events forums
Signed up on www.gw2gvg.com
Guested to enemy servers and messaged people in LA in guilds that I recognize from WvW

I witnessed at least 2 GvG matches today, so I know people are still doing them, I just don’t know how they managed to find each other! Is there a primary forum where everyone goes that I’m just missing?

Thank you!

~Clerissa from Prescribed[Rx] on (Sea of Sorrows)

in WvW

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

In general posting on the matchup threads (the new community ones) helps show you’re interested. Also if you see other guilds GvGing, see if you can’t message one of the leaders to set up a GvG. A lot of times, just making it clear you are looking for GvGs will get people to ask you.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in WvW

Posted by: Le Rooster.8715

Le Rooster.8715

Best way is to find rival guilds you fight across and just whisper there commander for a friendly scrim. You’re on SoS which is full of guilds who do regular GvG’s so just ask around ally guilds on which enemy guilds GvG alot.

Roosters Inc-Team Shatter [TS] Commander
Sea of Sorrows http://www.gw2sos.com/index.php

in WvW

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

You could also try to /invite or /join enemy parties if you see some guilds out there you would be interested to fight. That’s at least how we got some of our GvGs, after a nice skirmish you can just join their party if there is room and have a nice little chat.

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

As mentioned above in the matchup threads http://www.gw2wvw.net/ which also have its own little GvG section. But in your matchup threads just put something like:

Rx is looking/available for GvG’s this week
10v10 – 15-15

Or words to that effect. As soon as you start doing them regularly and rivalries start going, you’ll start getting offers without asking etc. Im not aware what the NA scene is like for GvG’s ion what tiers etc, but in EU the silver league rankings is where all the GvG guilds congregate, so maybe a little research into what Tiers NA has the most available opponents.

Failing that as ur raiding and your bumping into enemy guilds send one of them a whisper while ur on the same map and try and arrange a GvG/fair fight/scrim. Quite fortunate on our server as not only are we packed with guild groups but there are normally around 4 enemy GvG type guild groups on each map to pick from and most of us know each other and GvG scrim/open field battles quite regularly. As soon as you have had quite a few you shouldnt need to look that often they will come to you. Anyway hope you find the fights ur looking for and good luck in them.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Posted by: Tina.3092

Tina.3092

Thanks everyone! Very good information!

I guess I should have clarified that I can identify which guilds do GvG (and there are plenty for SoS to fight, yay!), but I haven’t figured out how to contact them.

You all mentioned messaging the rival leaders, but how exactly do you identify their names? I simply see, for example, “Tarnished Coast Bronze Invader”. I also haven’t figured out how to invite or join enemy parties.

Also, thanks for the gw2wvw link. I’ve heard about this, but tried .com and .org, which were both not… as I expected.

in WvW

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Thanks everyone! Very good information!

I guess I should have clarified that I can identify which guilds do GvG (and there are plenty for SoS to fight, yay!), but I haven’t figured out how to contact them.

You all mentioned messaging the rival leaders, but how exactly do you identify their names? I simply see, for example, “Tarnished Coast Bronze Invader”. I also haven’t figured out how to invite or join enemy parties.

Also, thanks for the gw2wvw link. I’ve heard about this, but tried .com and .org, which were both not… as I expected.

Target them and type /invite or /join

/invite will do nothing if they’re in a party, and /join will do nothing if they’re not.
Neither will do anything if their party is full.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in WvW

Posted by: Twinny.9304

Twinny.9304

Click ur mouse on an enemy player (so he/she is your target) and use ur party box to invite/join (panel where u create squad/tag up), as soon as they are in ur party their proper name will be shown as u hover over their pic etc.

Twinny Todd – Guardian – FSP [PunK]
Big Bad Bunny – Necro – FSP [PunK]

in WvW

Posted by: Fuzzion.2504

Fuzzion.2504

There are guilds just focused on GvG. Find em and u r set.

Fuzzionx [SF]
Guest member of [LOVE]
JQ official Prime Minister

in WvW

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

Most server’s have active community web sites with contact information. For example in your current match up:

Tarnished Coast (my server): http://forthetoast.com/
Fort Aspenwood: http://www.fort-aspenwood.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Comprissent.3856

Comprissent.3856

Ask someone on your server who GvGs for their contacts and i’m sure they’ll be happy to share you some names to contact for GvGs

GM – [Ark]ham

in WvW

Posted by: Vyx.8607

Vyx.8607

Multiple guilds have posted their GvG guilds and POCs here http://www.gw2wvw.net/gvg

Feel free to add in your own guild

Henge of Denravi – Denravi Alliance [DA]
WvW Community: Forums, Videos, GvG – http://www.gw2wvw.net

in WvW

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

@OP

You are on SoS? Ask one of the EP guys for some other server contact names. Especially in this matchup, there are a lot of guilds on TC and FA who GvG.

If you want to do 10v10, especially look for the GF guys on TC. They are great at that.

in WvW

Posted by: Stylo.6259

Stylo.6259

Enter your Guild Hall with a full party of 8. On the bottom right hand side of the screen is the Guild Battle button. The match system then searches for guilds with equal ratings to your guild’s.

Oh, wait a minute…….

:/