How do we report this?

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Okay so, I’m from Darkhaven. We’ve been fighting FC for weeks. There’s a particular guild on FC called [HP] Harp Need. These people have, for weeks, been magically appearing inside our towers. When I say appear, here’s what I mean. We’ll have towers that have not been taken for hours or days, that will turn to FC seconds after swords appear. We’ll go check it out, no rams, no catapults, nothing, just the same few [HP] people again. Not just towers either, they magically find their way into keeps out of no where. There will be no catapult, no ram, no treb, nothing… even if there were, how do these 3 people build siege and take the towers so fast (seconds to a min or two after swords appear)?

You may think “well, this could be mesmers!”. Here is my answer:

1. They have only 1 mesmer that I’ve ever seen, who is my personal friend, and I never see him with them.
2. There is never a mesmer in the towers when we see them exiting said towers.
3. They do this in streaks, doing it to tower, after tower, straight. Literally, a couple minutes after losing one tower, we’ll lose another, and another to the same people. We will be unable to keep up with the same 2-3 people with a group of 10-20. How could they have mesmers in every single tower, even ones that haven’t been taken in forever?

So what do I do? Do I report each person I see exiting these towers? Should I report for hacking/bug abuse? How can we stop this from happening?

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Anet only have automated reporting, there are no GMs. So its just to report and then forget about it cause nothing will happen.

If you got a friend in their guild, why not ask him to tag along and see how they are doing it, lol? If they are cheating/haxxing/whatever, then they should obviously be kicked by their guildleader. If their guildleader is doing it, your friend is in the wrong guild.

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

Anet only have automated reporting, there are no GMs. So its just to report and then forget about it cause nothing will happen.

If you got a friend in their guild, why not ask him to tag along and see how they are doing it, lol? If they are cheating/haxxing/whatever, then they should obviously be kicked by their guildleader. If their guildleader is doing it, your friend is in the wrong guild.

Unfortunately, I don’t even know if I can trust my friend about it rofl.

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: ykyk.2740

ykyk.2740

You don’t. You suffer in silence. Nothing will be done.

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

Trying to report it will only add to the frustration when nothing will be done about it either way.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

You’ll never be able to catch them in the act anyway.

I don’t want to get an infraction so let’s just say they can see you long before you see them so they know what keeps and towers have no scouts.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Tuluum.9638

Tuluum.9638

Judging by the responses, I think I have the answer to that question I asked you Arius..

For others, in the past couple matches, it seems like hacking is becoming rampant. I used to encounter one maybe once a day or so. Now, its every hour or two.

It used to just be thieves, in my experience, but there is certainly not that limitation any more! I cant even remember all the times in that past couple weeks that I could NOT hit someone, even if they were standing still (still not sure what this is about). Speed hacking has become common as well.

Gotta love it when they spam /laugh at you : |

Henosis [ONE]
06-04-13
NEVER FORGET

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Andrew Clear.1750

Andrew Clear.1750

People who cheat are scum, and losers. It is as simple as that. I know it sucks to have to deal with them, but just ignore them. After awhile (hopefully) they will get bored.

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Terrahero.9358

Terrahero.9358

Here’s what you do about the hacking.

1) Report them for botting, because… you cannot report someone for hacking.
2) Fill out a detailed report.
3) Realize it makes no difference whatsoever as arenanet does not do anything about hacking, botting or exploiting
4) Buy icecream
5) Eat icecream

And thats about the best way to deal with cheaters in GW2.

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Tallis.5607

Tallis.5607

Unfortunatly, the previous posters are right.

ANet is very well aware of these cheats, but they simply do not care. We posted about these hacks, we reported these hacks, we posted videos of these hacks… they simply do not care.

WWW simply doesn’t get the resources to stop these hackers.

That, the server with the most hacks happens to be the server where the DEVs are rumored to go play WWW, so…

You got two choices: accept that the other side can cheat or simply quit playing WWW. There is no 3rd choice.

Tallis – Perpetual newbie – Tarnished Coast.
Always carries a towel – Never panics – Eats cookies.

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Bias.4306

Bias.4306

3) Realize it makes no difference whatsoever as arenanet does not do anything about hacking, botting or exploiting
4) Buy icecream
5) Eat icecream

QFT.

With love,
NSP

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: misterdevious.6482

misterdevious.6482

We don’t have an option to report cheaters or hackers or glitchers or exploiters or griefers.

What we clearly need is an option that would cover them all… the ability to report GAMERS because all of the above people are gaming the system to their own advantage. (expressing frustration through humor, not to be taken seriously.)

(edited by misterdevious.6482)

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Mariticide.1970

Mariticide.1970

[HP] are well known hackers, and they have been doing it for a long time, a few months now at least. We have posted videos, sent in reports, and nothing has happened. If we posted about it, we would get infracted.

That’s just how hacking is here. It’s accepted, and it’s something you just deal with. At least take heed in the fact that they need to hack to win, and don’t have the skill to actually do it themselves.

Mariticide – Anvil Rock
Guardian – [KAOS] – Killing as Organized Sport
Personal Guild – [BOOK] – Librarians Anonymous

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

4) Buy icecream
5) Eat icecream

It’s not easy for customer support either, they have to go through a similar list too when they receive a report.

1) Use RNG to decide between ignore, automated response, or give infraction points to ticket opener.
2) Take ice cream provided by gem sales from freezer.
3) Eat ice cream.

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Anet will do nothing. The best you can do is try to contact the DH community and get them to peer pressure these people to stop.

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: johnnymiller.5968

johnnymiller.5968

This is/was happening on ROS too – in this case it was one of our own guilds. Groups would be ramming the doors of a tower & magically a group of green dots would appear in the lord without the door or walls being down.
A mesmer fly out of a keep onto a ledge above a tower. A guardian attacked by six players & a ballista auto heal every time their health dropped to whatever level. An invulnerable necromancer – like they had righteous indignation. We caught a thief trying to get into the citadel on our borderlands map.

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You have to record the events and players involved. It helps to target and report the player for (anything) at the same time, as the video evidence will match up to the report taking place in said video (they can track who you reported via your account).

Then there’s an email you send it to at Anet. I don’t remember it, but someone here will.

How do we report this?

in WvW

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Also when you post about hackers on the forum, the post disappears. Because you are not allowed to post names.