How do you cope with server dead time

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

So, one specific person on Server A has figured out that that he can easily sweep Server B in the early morning hours, as in 2am-7am EST, and that person happens to be a commander on Server A. This one specific person also happens to stay awake for three days straight at the end of every week, ensuring that everything we work for early in the week is for nothing. This person often build golems and sits on them until our dead time to make it as easy as possible.

I’m not saying competition is bad, but to flip the score on the last day because no one is on…that’s pretty kittenty and demoralizing for everyone that tried. Our server is full, and even if it wasn’t, it’s not like an EU or Asian guild is just going to decide to come to Server B for coverage during this time frame.

inb4 tears
inb4 anything non-constructive

So what can you do?

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

in WvW

Posted by: wyther.8372

wyther.8372

Quit your job, forgoe a girlfriend and make GW2 your life.

Other than that, um… yeah, sorry, that’s all I have.

Gilkin – Ex Commander for ET server

in WvW

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

And if that one specific person was on your server, would you still complain? Would you care if the enemy server complained?

Only Anet can fix this by equalizing PPT between high and low activity… and they are clearly not interested in fixing it, only pleasing the plebs by tossing golems at them.

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

This one specific person also happens to stay awake for three days straight at the end of every week, ensuring that everything we work for early in the week is for nothing.

If they’re willing to stay awake for 72 hours straight just to get some PPT, let them have it. Know that your life is probably much happier and more fulfilling than theirs. And enjoy your beauty sleep.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Posted by: HiTandMayhem.1378

HiTandMayhem.1378

This one specific person also happens to stay awake for three days straight at the end of every week, ensuring that everything we work for early in the week is for nothing.

If they’re willing to stay awake for 72 hours straight just to get some PPT, let them have it. Know that your life is probably much happier and more fulfilling than theirs. And enjoy your beauty sleep.

tbh I keep hearing people saying that guy has to be on cocaine and all I can think is ‘if that guy has enough money for cocaine binges for that long, why is he spending all his time playing video games?’

[UNIV] – Guild Leader, [DSM]- founding member
[TLC] – MicroCenturion
Fort Aspenwood Community Member

in WvW

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

That’s why you shouldn’t care too much about PPT during other times.
Simply enjoy the capture and defend during the timezone you play.

in WvW

Posted by: gennyt.3428

gennyt.3428

So, one specific person on Server A has figured out that that he can easily sweep Server B in the early morning hours, as in 2am-7am EST, and that person happens to be a commander on Server A. This one specific person also happens to stay awake for three days straight at the end of every week, ensuring that everything we work for early in the week is for nothing. This person often build golems and sits on them until our dead time to make it as easy as possible.

I’m not saying competition is bad, but to flip the score on the last day because no one is on…that’s pretty kittenty and demoralizing for everyone that tried. Our server is full, and even if it wasn’t, it’s not like an EU or Asian guild is just going to decide to come to Server B for coverage during this time frame.

inb4 tears

So what can you do?

Nothing to cope with really. Express a brief moment of pity for the guy who’s butt is probably slowly becoming a part of his chair. Play something else. Read a book. Do something with somebody. Go see a terrible movie. Anything.

Whispers with meat.

in WvW

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Well, I mean….

It should be an honor that people need to put in these ridiculously long hours just to counter whatever your own efforts were. So you can do your part, enjoy life, sleep, while they’re slaving away trying to prove their worth to a door.

It’s just a game.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in WvW

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Come to the forums and complain, clearly that solves every problem ever.

in WvW

Posted by: Reverence.6915

Reverence.6915

I’d recommend getting your entire server to only focus server A for as long as you’re matched up together until they stop doing that so that even if your stuff gets flipped during your quiet hours, if you can keep their stuff flipped during prime hours, it’s still a win.

Expac sucks for WvW players. Asura master race
Beastgate | Faerie Law
Currently residing on SBI

in WvW

Posted by: Chairface.9036

Chairface.9036

tbh I keep hearing people saying that guy has to be on cocaine and all I can think is ‘if that guy has enough money for cocaine binges for that long, why is he spending all his time playing video games?’

Coffee the first two days then just little bumps here and there to stay even. We’ve seen how good he is at managing supply lines.

That’s why you shouldn’t care too much about PPT during other times.
Simply enjoy the capture and defend during the timezone you play.

Because the carebears log in, see their keeps flipped, waypoints gone and ragequit.

Gotta have a full map queue super glued to the pin to beat (Edit: server A) so keeping those numbers up is of the utmost importance.

(edited by Chairface.9036)

in WvW

Posted by: swellercross.3974

swellercross.3974

Make wvw free for transfers ,,,,,,,the best plan ever : )

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

I play a different game

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

in WvW

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

inb4 tears

Come to the forums and complain, clearly that solves every problem ever.

Thank you for your invaluable contribution to this thread.

Make wvw free for transfers ,,,,,,,the best plan ever : )

I honestly wish they’d just reset all server rankings.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

in WvW

Posted by: pizza.7853

pizza.7853

Please link the thread that you created to complain when server B acquired a massive Chinese guild that queued maps and golem rushed keeps in server A’s weakest timezone…

in WvW

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

If everyone would just leave these almost-empty servers then perhaps Anet would fix the issue. Right now it seems that it would take only 4 tier to sustain the whole WvW population.

in WvW

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

lol try playing against yb who switched their prime time just to pvd/ppt.

in WvW

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

If everyone would just leave these almost-empty servers then perhaps Anet would fix the issue. Right now it seems that it would take only 4 tier to sustain the whole WvW population.

Almost empty for WvW, there are still the PvE/PvP people to consider as well. I’m not saying that they couldn’t consolidate the lowest 3 servers, but let’s not forget we’re not the only people in the game. Just because the WvW is dead on a server, doesn’t mean there aren’t people on it.

Tarnished Coast

in WvW

Buffy.9246

Almost empty for WvW, there are still the PvE/PvP people to consider as well. I’m not saying that they couldn’t consolidate the lowest 3 servers, but let’s not forget we’re not the only people in the game. Just because the WvW is dead on a server, doesn’t mean there aren’t people on it.

It also means they don’t care for wvw. Or else the server wouldn’t be dead.

in WvW

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

lol try playing against yb who switched their prime time just to pvd/ppt.

Of course op is someone from fa complaining about DK….. Hence the follow up comment where was ops complaint when the Chinese guilds did the same pvdoor thing 5-7 days a week.

If you think an entire server changed when they play you are nuts. DK always has played odd hours for us NA prime people. What he does have is a huge friends list to whisper and he uses it. Last but not least, it is summer. Students may stay up late for those 2 months of the year before returning to school. That may be ops answer – wait until September.

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

in WvW

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Please link the thread that you created to complain when server B acquired a massive Chinese guild that queued maps and golem rushed keeps in server A’s weakest timezone…

TBH you’re upset that said Chinese guild picked Server B and not Server A. That guild showing up was to everyone’s surprise and they clogged Server B’s NA queue too, which crowded out a lot of Server B’s NA regulars, something Server A didn’t have to deal with.

Then again, none of what you wrote is constructive and attempts to answer OP’s question. If you have experience of how to cope with playing in a server’s weak timezone, which it sounds like you do, then perhaps you have something to add here?

I think the previous posters summed it up well: either log on and play or go do something else with your life. If OP chooses to log on and play, the biggest thing you can do is organize that timezone. Start tagging up and start a guild, for example. Most often a timezone is weak not necessarily because of less players but also because of a lack of players willing to step up and lead, which then leads to the situation Server A has of relying on a single commander playing at extremely long and odd hours.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

in WvW

Posted by: AmberUK.5380

AmberUK.5380

Why does PvE and PvP care about servers? they use megaserver. Only thing that cares about servers is WvW

We Asura are just the best
UW WvW player – TooT !

in WvW

Posted by: root.9415

root.9415

FA has grown so reliant on numbers anytime they dont have a full map queue they get wrecked.

The fact that FA isn’t dominating T2 with those numbers is testament to how much they suck

in WvW

Buffy.9246

FA has grown so reliant on numbers anytime they dont have a full map queue they get wrecked.

The fact that FA isn’t dominating T2 with those numbers is testament to how much they suck

Lol this coming from a yaks bend player. We gotta blob cause you do
But way to turn the thread into a match up.

in WvW

Posted by: Kaiser.9873

Kaiser.9873

Not to put too fine a point on this, but the OP made it a matchup thread when he created it.

So what if server A has a commander that plays during PST/OCX and wrecks server B borderland during that time? Server B had an entire guild, that queued maps on their own, that PvDed for weeks on end during OCX/SEA. Isn’t that the same thing? Server B bought tons of guilds when server B got sent down to T3, and came back to T2 completely unbalanced. Isn’t that kind of gamebreaking? Server A should just lie back and take it from server B? Server A, which is NOT full, does what server A needs to do to make the matches close, and server B, which IS full, complains? Gimme a break.

in WvW

Posted by: Chairface.9036

Chairface.9036

Server B had an entire guild, that queued maps on their own, that PvDed for weeks on end during OCX/SEA.

Server B still has guilds that full rally during those timezones, they just get wrecked by a single pugmmander with 20 on tag.

in WvW

Buffy.9246

Not to put too fine a point on this, but the OP made it a matchup thread when he created it.

So what if server A has a commander that plays during PST/OCX and wrecks server B borderland during that time? Server B had an entire guild, that queued maps on their own, that PvDed for weeks on end during OCX/SEA. Isn’t that the same thing? Server B bought tons of guilds when server B got sent down to T3, and came back to T2 completely unbalanced. Isn’t that kind of gamebreaking? Server A should just lie back and take it from server B? Server A, which is NOT full, does what server A needs to do to make the matches close, and server B, which IS full, complains? Gimme a break.

Who did server B buy. Please tell me apprently yb believe this.

in WvW

Posted by: pizza.7853

pizza.7853

TBH you’re upset that said Chinese guild picked Server B and not Server A. That guild showing up was to everyone’s surprise and they clogged Server B’s NA queue too, which crowded out a lot of Server B’s NA regulars, something Server A didn’t have to deal with.

Then again, none of what you wrote is constructive and attempts to answer OP’s question. If you have experience of how to cope with playing in a server’s weak timezone, which it sounds like you do, then perhaps you have something to add here?

I think the previous posters summed it up well: either log on and play or go do something else with your life. If OP chooses to log on and play, the biggest thing you can do is organize that timezone. Start tagging up and start a guild, for example. Most often a timezone is weak not necessarily because of less players but also because of a lack of players willing to step up and lead, which then leads to the situation Server A has of relying on a single commander playing at extremely long and odd hours.

nah, not upset, had lots of fun in that era. Just not constructive cause the op comes across more as a thinly veiled complaint than an actual question.

in WvW

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

All T2 guilds and players suck, even the server I’m on.

T2 could most likely out zerg T1

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.