How do you explain the WvW reward?

in WvW

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

I think I said this on map chat like six weeks ago; “Anybody know what the rewards will be aside from the finisher? Cause knowing my luck I will not bother with the meta and everyone who did will get a free ascended weapon of their choosing, but if I do it will be a handful of greens and some boosters.”

I completed the meta and was right. So, you can all blame me for the rewards.

(But for real, guys, this shouldn’t be totally unexpected. We are the red headed step children of the game. I WvW for fun knowing full well I am not going to be rewarded like the drones in the champ trains.)

in WvW

Posted by: Samhayn.2385

Samhayn.2385

Here’s what I don’t get. Are you people new? WvW has always had less the stellar rewards to investment in it. This should come as a surprise to no one who has actively been doing wvw for any amount of time. I’m more shocked that the chest actually has a decent amount of dragonite in it.

Agreed. If you did WvW for the rewards, then you probably should’ve stuck to PvE

there is no logical reason player versus player shouldnt have decent rewards, and more importantly somethings that you aim for as a competitor

you are correct and it has been asked for since the get go. That still doesn’t change the fact that wvw does have less rewards and that this chest fits the statues perfectly.

It was 2 vs 20 but its ok we got’em both!

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

Here’s what I don’t get. Are you people new? WvW has always had less the stellar rewards to investment in it. This should come as a surprise to no one who has actively been doing wvw for any amount of time. I’m more shocked that the chest actually has a decent amount of dragonite in it.

I’ve gotten a number of exos and two ascended items from regular WvWvW rank chests and I’m just at Rank 72…

RNG likes you.

in WvW

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

Agreed. If you did WvW for the rewards, then you probably should’ve stuck to PvE

there is no logical reason player versus player shouldnt have decent rewards, and more importantly somethings that you aim for as a competitor

There is a logical reason. The diehard fans of WvW are tired of reward-seeking players who don’t care about WvW objectives taking spots and causing crazy long queues. WvW players want to play with like-minded players and want to play against like-minded players.

If you want rewards, there is a game mode that gives you good rewards: PvE. Stay out of WvW if you don’t intend to WvW

what if I want to WvW AND make progress toward an ascended weapon or legendary?

It’s not as easy as “just make WvW rewards better,” because if you make it too good, then all the PvE players would come and cause crazy queues. If it’s too inferior, then WvW players are forced to PvE here and there to grind ascended gear.

I think the underlying problem isn’t that WvW isn’t rewarding enough, but that grinding gold/mats is required to compete in WvW (due to gear treadmill)

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

in WvW

Posted by: Banono.4597

Banono.4597

I’ve gotten a number of exos and two ascended items from regular WvWvW rank chests and I’m just at Rank 72…

RNG likes you.

RNG is pretty much asking that guy to have his babies… I am rank 260 and best I have got was a 1g exotic named Arc.

in WvW

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

There is a logical reason. The diehard fans of WvW are tired of reward-seeking players who don’t care about WvW objectives taking spots and causing crazy long queues. WvW players want to play with like-minded players and want to play against like-minded players.

If you want rewards, there is a game mode that gives you good rewards: PvE. Stay out of WvW if you don’t intend to WvW

what if I want to WvW AND make progress toward an ascended weapon or legendary?

It’s not as easy as “just make WvW rewards better,” because if you make it too good, then all the PvE players would come and cause crazy queues. If it’s too inferior, then WvW players are forced to PvE here and there to grind ascended gear.

I think the underlying problem isn’t that WvW isn’t rewarding enough, but that grinding gold/mats is required to compete in WvW (due to gear treadmill)

They could have made the reward 10 times as good and NOBODY from PvE would think it was worthwhile. Anyway, my point was I enjoy WvW more than any other part of the game. I also want to get good gear and, from time to time, a skin that doesn’t look like invader armor (ugh!).

Liking rewards doesn’t mean you don’t like WvW.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

At least it gave us something to anticipate for 7 weeks. Slightly less anticipation for season 2 though.

Yep. I truly believe this has nerfed season two participation. Would not be surprised if we see a massive drop off this coming week, and going forward.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Adahilia.3678

Adahilia.3678

hmmm were we guaranteed anything other than what we’d get on a “normal day” in WvW? Don’t think so. Better question is why do you think you are entitled to get more than a RNG chest that may at most contain an exotic, rare and or greens and blues?

problem is, this is currently the sum total of all wvw up to this date.
The standings your server earned over a year of play, the 7 week long match ups. The community break ups and reforms. They are basically saying this is all its worth. 250 kills.

Is it the end of WvW? no, wvw has generally sucky rewards, but its sad that this is going to continue.
They should have added WvW only skins
WvW only finishers
WvW titles that dont take 6 years to complete.

the rewards chest is only the further reinforcement of the WvW rewards kind of suck problem. And lack of having WvW goals.

If this is the most you can hope for after 1 year of battles and a 7 week tournament, what type of rewards can you ever expect from wvw?

I don’t expect any actually, I do world because it is what I like to do. I don’t do it for rewards, I do it for the fights and the fun I have with my guild and my friends.

Even if you were in a weekend football league, you would get a permanent trophy, with the year and your ranking, gold, silver bronze. And probably a jersey that says something like 2013 champs.

I think you expect too little, wvw should actually give you some cool titles/uniques and similar “pay” to PVE. not saying you shouldnt have fun, but competitions generally have something to aim for.

Well I guess shame on me for looking at the F2P factor and getting only fun from it, over getting something as a reward for playing a game mode I’d have been playing anyways, with or without that competition. I mean really all the gold I spent for upgrades, siege used, dolys run, walls repaired, etc etc, I would have done anyway. Why do I need an extra reward from that? Just because it was under LS means it should garner a better reward than what most WvWers do all the time anyway? Man, guess I’m doing it wrong then.

in WvW

Posted by: Hobbitz.5831

Hobbitz.5831

Best rewards ever……

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

I like it, it’s a good way to prevent everyone from bandwagoning to the top servers because they would rather pay to win than work hard for a few weeks and actually help there home server.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

Then they should make the rewards more accurately represent tthings beneficial to WvW. I am a player who does both, and probably leans to PVE, i dont really play WvW for the rewards anyway. However, your type of thinking will keep WvW niche and under played.
I feel bad for the players who have to leave WvW to earn a legendary.
I feel bad for the players who have no titles to show for a years work
I feel bad for the players who have to pve if they want any unique armors
Why is there nothing a WvW player can aim for other than World ranks?

WvW is supposed to be a game mode with its own progressions, and goals, Its woefully short on goals right now. Beating other servers is the point of WvW. Why is it barely rewarded to do so? You realize as a WvW player you cant keep up with a PVE player at anything? They will get better armor before you, they will get skillpoints faster than you, they will get gold faster, they will get titles faster.

I mean i see you want to keep WvW “underground” and “real” but its not the best thing for the players or the game mode itself.

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

For a normal PvE Living Story meta, the main reward is generally a mini or a skin. We got a mini. So working as intended.

in WvW

Samhayn.2385

For a normal PvE Living Story meta, the main reward is generally a mini or a skin. We got a mini. So working as intended.

would have prefered a back price skin.

in WvW

Posted by: eien.4791

eien.4791

Gold league, i’m completely upset. I will not write a thesis about the importance of rewards in games, but well, i have enjoyed my server achievements.
We used to see bad rewards, we’ll get better in other games!
regards

in WvW

Posted by: Vortok.6975

Vortok.6975

I did’nt have the reward yet but what should they do for season 2?
4/15(on 7weeks) got a small reward, 10/15 medium reward and 15/15 big reward?

in WvW

Posted by: FXHell.3217

FXHell.3217

After weeks of waiting i was at least hoping for a special skin or another surprise or sth. Opening the chest really felt like a bad joke for a 7-week WvW reward.

- The Dolyak was known…
- 100 Dragonite Ore, Some WXP, 5 Skillpoints – You can farm this in 1-2 hours
- 3 green items… – i am speechless

But, a present is always welcome, so i say:

Thanks for the crap, ANet.

in WvW

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

Surprise! ANet dropped the ball again! Who would have thought huh? :P

It’s pretty sad. The future looks grim.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in WvW

Posted by: Liquid.9672

Liquid.9672

Something I thought I’d point out …

The rewards for finishing 2nd in the Bronze League will be markedly better than the rewards for finishing 6th in the Gold league.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/Final-solution-for-league-and-transfers/first#post2746930

2nd Bronze League

-1 Mini Dolyak
-1 Tastes of Liquid World Experience
-100 Dragonite Ore
-100 Empyreal Fragments
- 5 Scrolls of Knowledge
- 9 Tomes of Knowledge
- 1 Essence of Luck (Legendary, 500 Luck)
- 4 rare items
- 6 or 7 greens

7th in EU gold league:
2 green
3 liquid world experience (3x 5k)
mini dolyak
100 dragonite ore
100 empyreal fragments
5 scrolls of knowledge
5 tomes of knowledge
essence of luck (legendary)

It looks like “markedly better” equates to:

-2 Liquid WXP
+4 Tome of Knowledge
+4 Green items
+4 Yellow items

or thereabouts depending on the RNG.

I’m not sure how most people define “markedly”, but really?

Zend(ario/imas/iana/ango) – Engi/Ele/Necro/Guardian
[KnT] – Blackgate

(edited by Liquid.9672)

in WvW

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

The rewards are… not only underwhelming, but for the health of WvW moving forward I feel that the current reward is inexcusable. Rewards in for events in GW2 (and any game) serve a few key functions:

1. Motivate players to partake in an event.
2. Provide adequate time/reward compensation to players who participate.
3. Grant players a feeling of accomplishment.

The current WvW Season One rewards do none of the above as the same reward for a 7 week undertaking is equal to about 30-40 minutes farming Frostgorge Sound. The implications may be greater than you previously anticipated. The full impact of the lackluster Season One reward should not be underestimated. Many servers in Bronze/Silver league worked diligently to recruit and motivate players who had never participated in the WvW game mode. Given the insignificant current reward getting people to try (and continue to play WvW) will only become harder. If no action is taken, when WvW Season 2 rolls around fewer players will be motivated to participate because the reward is not worth the investment of their time. Furthermore, as I’m sure you can see, the vast majority of the Season One participants feel that the reward was inadequate compared to their time investment. Finally, I think that it is safe to say that the current rewards provide absolutely no sense of accomplishment for anyone.

So, here is my clear and concise recommendation:

Amend the WvW Season One reward chest by providing the following-

1. Provide a unique, worthwhile reward for every player on every server who earned the reward key. Here are some suggestions:
a. An ascended quality back piece with a unique skin that is only awarded at the end of a season. (Think Karka Shell or Fractal Capacitor)
b. Utilize the release of the upcoming ascended armor release and reward players with a single set of ascended armor.
c. A single unique weapon skin (allow each player select one weapon from a set) that is only awarded in the WvW Season chests.

2. Remove the 250 count from the Gold/Silver/Bronze Dolyak finishers and make them permanent until the beginning of Season 2.

Many are suggesting that we as a community simply accept the current reward and move on. However I would encourage you to consider the long term implications of inadequate rewards on the GW2 playerbase between now and the end of Season 2. ArenaNet has these forums so that the players have a clear channel of communication to the developers. Luckily, ArenaNet does listen and is taking strides at showing that with the Collaborative Discussion as well as removing the Flamekissed Light Armor Skin being removed/reworked. Make your voice heard.

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Aemy.5360

Aemy.5360

Pathtetic Anet…….

in WvW

Posted by: Chicho Gosho.6507

Chicho Gosho.6507

I want someone to quote me ANet employee saying the WvW Rewards chest would be really good and awesome.

in WvW

Posted by: Righteous.4307

Righteous.4307

I want someone to quote me ANet employee saying the WvW Rewards chest would be really good and awesome.

How about the fact that it is called a reward chest… do you feel rewarded when you compare the 7 weeks that it took to compete in Season One?

[MU] Barnabas Hale
HoD Commander
http://mugw2.enjin.com/

in WvW

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I can’t comment at this time as we haven’t finalized anything. In addition, you should look at it this way, if people flee lower league servers to get into the top leagues, it opens the opportunity for people to move to those lower leagues and finish 1st or 2nd, rather than being in the top league and finishing 6th or 7th. The rewards for finishing 2nd in the Bronze League will be markedly better than the rewards for finishing 6th in the Gold league.

Markedly better is not 1 exotic or a couple rares vs. bunch of greens.

We needed something permanent (outside of the mini dolyak), given the leagues were a significant 7-week venture. It should have been something account bound and related to the first league event. Not some random junk.

L’enfer, c’est les autres

in WvW

Posted by: Arnon.1563

Arnon.1563

I don’t understand all the complaining. The only thing that required effort was the stupid ruins and jump puzzles. For that, I had to run a few circles to finish. The rest I did in normal wvw.

in WvW

Posted by: Boonprot.6274

Boonprot.6274

I’m literally dying laughing at these rewards. 7 weeks of the winning servers chest-thumping about coverage and how skillful it is. 7 weeks of people hyping the S1 rewards when anyone who primarily WvWs knew that they were going to be incredibly disappointing, because everything reward-wise in WvW is incredibly disappointing.

I really hope that server stacking, queues, and PPT-fueled 7 weeks was worth it!

I cannot handle how hilarious this entire situation is.

Supreme Commander Boonprot, Lord Regent of the Portals
Boonprot 80 G
[Ark] Maguuma

in WvW

Posted by: LampGhost.9658

LampGhost.9658

are you serious anet? we have fought 7 weeks in the hope we finally get something cool and even the finisher is limited? The dolyak looks uglier than the one you can buy with gems…

i’ve lost all faith in you lot… seriously.

these rewards were based on your performance, we expected something good. is anet seriously trying to make different aspects of the game more rewarding?? nice joke. Didn’t the dev mention in a post that all people serverhopping wouldnt get as good rewards cause they wouldnt be able to participate in that?? me, as a hardcore 95% of the time wvw-er got exactly the same as my pve friends.

anet, fix this please. permanent finisher, another chest with proper rewards to set this straight would be highly appreciated. or how about some WVW RELATED rewards?? titles??

Black Lion Key [AIM]
~ Desolation

(edited by LampGhost.9658)

in WvW

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Waits for the sPvP season to start where you will get awesome rewards, so they can call up eSport and shout go go go,

Im sure everyone is just dying to get Season 2 underway how huh,

@Hobbitz – that pic is just brilliant.

in WvW

Posted by: Preacher.9018

Preacher.9018

For people saying “they could not have made rewards worthwhile since everyone is getting them!”

They did not had to make rewards monetary worthwhile – at least something of personal worth for players, giving feeling of achivement for those weeks (and face it, its THE biggest so far activity/achivement tree that was in GW2. All living stories and such can be finished in a day or two). – unique skin, some WvW gimmic (i believe EVERY player that finished the achivement regardless of server rank at least deserved permanent finisher), an unique WvW toy or town clothing… It would affect economy and other parts of game in no way, but players would be satisfied. Even another ugly useless backpack/headpiece skin would be better than what we got.

The only worthwhile thing of whole season is “Veteran of the Mysts” title, and thats it. The chest itself, the thing that kept teasing players and look forward to end of season – turned to be worthless.

http://www.pevepe.net/ – Seafarers Rest Server community website

in WvW

Posted by: Delvoire.8930

Delvoire.8930

I can honestly say that if there is a Season 2 meta like Season 1, I won’t care about getting that chest like I did for this one.

Not worth the time IMO.

80 ~Thief~ Isabella Angel | 80 ~Eng~ Ratchet McClank
80 ~Warrior~ Delvoire | 80 ~Ele~ Azalea Avenir
80 ~ Guardian~ Rag Nor | Server ~ FA

in WvW

Posted by: Avster.1935

Avster.1935

I’m literally dying laughing at these rewards. 7 weeks of the winning servers chest-thumping about coverage and how skillful it is. 7 weeks of people hyping the S1 rewards when anyone who primarily WvWs knew that they were going to be incredibly disappointing, because everything reward-wise in WvW is incredibly disappointing.

I really hope that server stacking, queues, and PPT-fueled 7 weeks was worth it!

I cannot handle how hilarious this entire situation is.

Just because it has been so, doesn’t mean it should always will be. In that sense you are right, ANet knee-jerk move is hilarious, in a sad way.

Evelyn Whitehawk | Exalted Legend | Demons’s Demise | I Transmuted My Legendary Medium Coat

in WvW

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Utilize the release of the upcoming ascended armor release and reward players with a single set of ascended armor.

You must be joking. Ascended armor is Anet’s latest and greatest grind inducer — they wouldn’t consider, even for a millisecond, giving it away as a reward.

in WvW

Posted by: Mckeone.9804

Mckeone.9804

Everyone I played with on blackgate expected a chest full of greens. We did not expect the finisher to be limited use. That’s insulting – it’s like taking away your bragging rights after a herculean effort by the entire server. Make the finisher permanent and I’ll be happy.

in WvW

Posted by: Oghier.7419

Oghier.7419

I feel like I just got socks for Christmas.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
Ratbag Dogsticker (Guardian)
…Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Everyone I played with on blackgate expected a chest full of greens. We did not expect the finisher to be limited use. That’s insulting – it’s like taking away your bragging rights after a herculean effort by the entire server. Make the finisher permanent and I’ll be happy.

They said before season even started it would be limited use.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

in WvW

Oghier.7419

True.

But, if they had said “It will be equivalent to two or three days spent in casual PvE,” I think that would have dampened the S1 excitement somewhat.

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
…Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah for a 7 week long competition such rewards are inacceptable. so many people stayed up late and fought hard. not even gems or anything like that for 7weeks. in 7 weekss pve u get enough achievment points to ulock a chest that gives way better rewards. seriously anet, not even the servers that finished last deserve such a bad reward. no gold?no gems, the finisher is limited?!?what a joke. 250 limited finishers. i go through that in less than a day.
ill def make a tshirt: i competed in wvw leagues for 7 weeks and all i got is this lousy tshirt!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in WvW

Posted by: Winzzy.9435

Winzzy.9435

They should have done a unique skin for all tiers with 1, 2, & 3 – get a special version somehow indicating their rank.

in WvW

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

I must agree, the rewards for 7 weeks of WvW are pretty minimal. I would’ve at least expected something like, a finisher for ever server based on their rank. Or a minipet of Season 1 Rank, whatever. Just something to show off for your server rank.

However, I see WvW as the most imbalanced game mode there is, and in my view it would be completely stupid if the rewards were that different from eachother. I mean, the server transferring nonsense doesn’t deserve any form of substantially different reward in my view. WvW is still super unbalanced, and people that do play WvW on a slightly less popular server would just get screwed over. Im glad that the differences between rewards are at least appropriate.

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

in WvW

Posted by: Thor.1756

Thor.1756

WvW players reaction to S1 rewards.

Attachments:

Jade Quarry

in WvW

Posted by: Johje Holan.4607

Johje Holan.4607

Are you new to this game? Chests in this game never gave us rewards that are actualy worth anything. Anet defenition of rewards are weird.

That’s why I haven’t even bothered with the achievements.

Yeah I’m glad I didn’t grind to finsh the achievements. I have like 4 left to do still lol.

in WvW

Delvoire.8930

So… In protest is everyone going to NOT play WvW tonight at reset?

Nah.. At the end of the day this will change absolutely nothing. If anything, it will lessen the urge for players to go for the Meta Achievement if there is a Season 2.

in WvW

Adahilia.3678

this is how I feel reading all these threads over S1 rewards

Attachments:

in WvW

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

This community is the reason the reward is “bad”. There was literally nothing they could have given that would not have caused the forums to explode in crying.

Had they given a unique skin the PvE people would complain that they didnt get it. The people who got it would complain it wasnt cool enough or they couldnt use it on whatever they wanted, etc, etc.
Had they given ascended gear anyone who had to “farm so hard” for theirs would complain.

You reap what you sow.

in WvW

Posted by: Shadowresli.3782

Shadowresli.3782

yeah for a 7 week long competition such rewards are inacceptable. so many people stayed up late and fought hard. not even gems or anything like that for 7weeks. in 7 weekss pve u get enough achievment points to ulock a chest that gives way better rewards. seriously anet, not even the servers that finished last deserve such a bad reward. no gold?no gems, the finisher is limited?!?what a joke. 250 limited finishers. i go through that in less than a day.
ill def make a tshirt: i competed in wvw leagues for 7 weeks and all i got is this lousy tshirt!

the problem is, that you can’t show this tshirt in wvw, since town clothes have been disabled!

on topic: as wvw players we are accustomed to lousy rewards, but this is beyond anything i can write here (insert some insults here). loot you can get during one evening of farming in orr, a stack of finishers (not even permanent).

proudly wiped by RG and Funny Sunny Bunny

in WvW

Adahilia.3678

this one also fits

Attachments:

in WvW

Oghier.7419

Season 2 won’t draw as many PvE players looking for the reward, as they can do better just PvE’ing for another day or two.

Whether you consider that a positive or a negative is up for grabs

Snit Dirtnap (Thief)
…Yak’s Bend

in WvW

Delvoire.8930

on topic: as wvw players we are accustomed to lousy rewards, but this is beyond anything i can write here (insert some insults here). loot you can get during one evening of farming in orr, a stack of finishers (not even permanent).

well to be honest.. aside from the mini, finisher, and ascended mats, I was able to get most of these rewards by playing WvW for 2 hours last night…

in WvW

Posted by: gebrechen.5643

gebrechen.5643

The problem isn’t a kittenty reward chest.
The problem is we knew it will be a kittenty reward chest, but believed that one time we could get something useful out of a kittenty reward chest for playing wvw instead of having to farm pve stuff.

Some people die on epidemic, other have skill.
- great warlord Waha of Sea 2981bc

in WvW

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

How can they give good reward everybody in server? Right way would be give good rewards every league top players. For example players who killed most enemies, capped most keeps and tower, escorted most dolyaks and so on. You can’t give good reward players who doesn’t even really play www. It’s not enough if you just are in winning server.

If you are going to give out bad rewards, then it’s better if you didn’t give any rewards at all. Honestly, mini dolyak and achievements would likely have sufficed for PvE crowd, if that crowd was informed of it from the beginning. Doing it like that only makes people angry.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

in WvW

Posted by: Zylonite.5913

Zylonite.5913

guys, look at teh bright side. Now all the PvE’ers know that WvW sucks for gold and rewards and we now get less PuGs and less queue time….

Imagine the queue time for season 2 if the rewards for season 1 was something like, an asceded armor chest? That would have ended WvW….

Betrayed by the gods of ANet